baseline bum
05-25-2008, 07:44 PM
:bang

Avitus1
05-25-2008, 07:46 PM
Shhh... dont say it to loud.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-25-2008, 08:19 PM
Can we send him back to Dallas this summer? He'll do us more good there. Or the Lakers. Or the Suns. I'm not picky.

41times
05-25-2008, 08:50 PM
Can we send him back to Dallas this summer? He'll do us more good there. Or the Lakers. Or the Suns. I'm not picky.

No way brothah. we knew he sucked 3 years ago when we paid to get rid of his ass. now you are seeing what we saw then. it's time for FinDawg to retire. At least he got a ring.

timmydidit
05-25-2008, 08:52 PM
finley will be our demise.. him and vaughn

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
05-25-2008, 08:53 PM
New York should be his destiny. All he can do is take jumpshots.

No kind of defense at all. No penetration, no good passing. Hardly helps with rebounds. No hustle.

It's D'Antoni's wet dream.

I sincerely hope that he hits a big shot this series to shut me up.

SPARKY
05-25-2008, 08:54 PM
Finally Pop gets Barry on the court and (thankfully) gives him Vaughn's minutes.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
05-25-2008, 08:55 PM
Yeah, Vaughn sucks too. Dude has Nazr's range and half his size. With Vaughn there is like 4 vs 5

djohn14
05-25-2008, 09:01 PM
Hey Finley hit a three...then a two...but it didnt last long

HFFL
05-25-2008, 09:02 PM
And when he makes the winning basket you want to blow him!

timmydidit
05-25-2008, 09:44 PM

no when he makes a winning basket we want him to quit while he's ahead

TDMVPDPOY
05-25-2008, 09:46 PM
yeh i wonder what he blows his 2 checks....

loveforthegame
05-25-2008, 11:11 PM
I think it's funny how Finley gets ripped for his defense when Barry and Udoka were blowing out there tonight.

Finley hits 3-6, grabs 3 rebounds in 17 minutes and all people can do is bag on him. Who lit him up again tonight?

dbreiden83080
05-25-2008, 11:20 PM

You guys still here, you know the series is over right??

T Park
05-25-2008, 11:24 PM
I think it's funny how Finley gets ripped for his defense when Barry and Udoka were blowing out there tonight.

Finley hits 3-6, grabs 3 rebounds in 17 minutes and all people can do is bag on him. Who lit him up again tonight?

Shhh, notice no one posted in here anymore.

He was huge in that 3rd quarter with his baskets.

Hes done it in these playoffs alot too, against Phoenix, against New Orleans.

Without Malik and Beno, hes the new whipping boy.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-25-2008, 11:27 PM

One of those baskets and two of those rebounds were in the last three minutes (garbage time).

Try again.

And Barry was blowing out there tonight? You obviously didn't even watch the game.

BigBeezie
05-25-2008, 11:28 PM
Finley is weak - can't stand him - and he needs to move on...

loveforthegame
05-25-2008, 11:30 PM
And Barry was blowing out there tonight? You obviously didn't even watch the game.

On defense he was blowing. He was great offensively and moving the ball. He certainly should get all the backup pg minutes. I'm just tired of hearing how bad Finley's defense is while Barry and Udoka get passes.

Finley had 1 rebound and 1 shot in the final 3 minutes. So he shot 2-5, had 2 rebounds, and 1 assist the the first 14 minutes of play. Not great but not as pathetic as some make it sound.

BlackSwordsMan
05-25-2008, 11:31 PM
I like finley way more than Horry this year. Horry ain't doing shit but shoot airballs.

vander
05-25-2008, 11:39 PM
On defense he was blowing. He was great offensively and moving the ball. He certainly should get all the backup pg minutes. I'm just tired of hearing how bad Finley's defense is while Barry and Udoka get passes.

Finley had 1 rebound and 1 shot in the final 3 minutes. So he shot 2-5, had 2 rebounds, and 1 assist the the first 14 minutes of play. Not great but not as pathetic as some make it sound.

Udoka is out there for his D, he defends Odom really well.

and I think we won't be able to win this series without Finley, He's going to have a couple good games yet.

florige
05-25-2008, 11:46 PM
I like finley way more than Horry this year. Horry ain't doing shit but shoot airballs.

Horry at least plays half decent defense though.

E20
05-25-2008, 11:48 PM
I thought Finely played decent. He came out and hit two big shots when nothing was going in for us in the 3rd period, he also played very good switch defense on Kobe during one possesion. Very reminiscent of Game 2 against Phoenix. Good spark for us, Doug Collins was saying something along these lines.

T Park
05-25-2008, 11:50 PM
forget it e20

Finley is not allowed praise.

ashbeeigh
05-25-2008, 11:52 PM
Sequ forum

E20
05-25-2008, 11:53 PM
Actually this is sort of amusing, because Spur fans were throwing Barry under the bus for playing bad and now he's hit a couple of shots and it's Finley that's being thrown under. You take the good times with the bad times.

florige
05-25-2008, 11:57 PM
Finley pisses me off alot with his sometimes questionable shot selection, but if it weren't for his clutch 3 against Phx we might not even be having this discussion now.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-25-2008, 11:58 PM

Spurs were +12 with Barry on the court, Finley +1.

Barry played about as good of defense as could be expected. It was comparable with Finley's matador defense, but at least Brent got the offense cooking.

unforeseen
05-26-2008, 12:01 AM
Seems like Finley is settling for the 3-point shots. He should at least attempt to drive once in awhile to give the Lakers something else to think about.

nfg3
05-26-2008, 12:09 AM
I agree with T Park and E20 on this. He made a good effort tonight but he has been up and down all year long. Back in January/Febuary he was doing great and contributing nightly. Most everyone thought he was a solid cog in the Spurs machine but then the slump came and everyone couldn't wait to throw him under the bus. Me included. He's just not consistent the way we need him to be. And that's really my problem with him now - his consistency. But that will soon come to an end when his contract ends this summer. In the meantime we need for him to hustle more and hit timely shots. Those two 3s in NO in game 7 and the quick 5 pts in the 3rd Q tonight were big. Hopefully we can get more of that in this series and in the Finals:D - positive thinking never hurts! Barry's play tonight should get him more minutes but I don't think we can totally go away from him at this point.

Brutalis
05-26-2008, 12:16 AM
Finley was HUGE coming out in the 2nd half. Just utterly HUGE.

LA was so focused on TD and TP, perfect shots there by Mike.

baseline bum
05-26-2008, 02:05 AM
Seems like Finley is settling for the 3-point shots. He should at least attempt to drive once in awhile to give the Lakers something else to think about.

That is not Finley's game at all. He needs to hit open jumpshots, which he hasn't been doing in this series.

SPARKY
05-26-2008, 02:12 AM
Barry is a nice wrinkle because his ballhandling and his shooting range allow him to be unpredictable and also force a tight cover from a defender. With Manu or TP in addition to Barry on the floor that is two penetrators the opponent has to worry about instead of one. The offense opens up as a result.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-26-2008, 02:33 AM
Please watch the game again. Barry caused two TOs with smart D the two times the Fakers tried to post him.

Barry should play as many minutes as his body can take. He's a better shooter, passer, cutter and energiser than Fin. They are both poor defenders. However, Barry totally changed the complexion of the second unit with his smart passing and shooting - when he was out there they scored at will. Fin doesn't provide that.

Mike has done some great things as a Spur, and before that a Mav, and he's a quality guy. But it's time for him to step aside for the team, and I think he'd be a fool to play on next year.

Brutalis
05-26-2008, 03:09 AM
^^ I agree Mike it's been great, but don't keep chugging. Go out with dignity bro.

pawe
05-26-2008, 03:57 AM
Instead of Pop using JV, why not use Barry instead. He's smarter, more experienced and an additional threat than JV. Barry, Manu, Bruce, TD and Fabs is a good lineup to go at if they want TD to work inside.

AFBlue
05-26-2008, 07:20 AM
Finley is a veteran, a great "character" guy, and has hit some HUGE shots in some big games while donning the Spurs uni.

Having said that, it's definitely time to find some new blood on the wing and Finley is a prime candidate to be replaced. For all that he brings, he is still a volume shooter that offers little in the way of defense or ability to create off the dribble.

Given that this is the NBA, one would hope the Spurs could find a decent offensive player that can duplicate or exceed what Finley brings.

polandprzem
05-26-2008, 07:33 AM
His three in the first Q was what the spurs needed not to get owned by Lakers.

He showed some effort as well.

I don't know what people wants him to do?

5/5 from 3 pointers, stellar defense and playmaking ability?

GrandeDavid
05-26-2008, 08:37 AM
no when he makes a winning basket we want him to quit while he's ahead

:lol

SouthernFried
05-26-2008, 08:42 AM
It just gets old having to wait to see if FIN is gonna be decent on any particular night. His usual 1 good game in 5 bad ones just ain't hacking it for me anymore. Plus he stagnates everything on the offensive end. No movement at all. His entry/out-of-bound passes are excruciating to watch...and defense?

Just play Barry.

bobbybob0
05-26-2008, 09:07 AM

You know, there's this thing called defense... Horry holds his own against Odom.

I agree he's doing nothing on offense and the Lakers don't even bother to guard him anymore (he's passing open jumpers) but you have to take the good with the bad.

SPARKY
05-26-2008, 09:10 AM
Horry gives you length on D and on offense he provides better spacing than Oberto.

nikegirl
05-26-2008, 09:31 AM
I'm really torn on Finley, I mean he is just so up and down this year. I think it's just hard to glue him to the bench coz he can really provide clutch shots whether he's on or not. So I say let's moderate Finley's playing time. On Horry, I think he'll eventually get better on offense. He's too smart not to.

Das Texan
05-26-2008, 10:07 AM
At least Pop finally gave Barry some of Finley's minutes tonight and the offense flowed so much better as a result. If Brent can shake off all the cobwebs from sitting on the bench, he could be quite useful.

AFBlue
05-26-2008, 10:16 AM
You know, there's this thing called defense... Horry holds his own against Odom.

I agree he's doing nothing on offense and the Lakers don't even bother to guard him anymore (he's passing open jumpers) but you have to take the good with the bad.

Disagree on Horry. The only one playing decent defense on Odom is Ime Udoka.

lefty
05-26-2008, 10:19 AM
I like Finley, but Pop has to have Barry instead.

He changes everything

bobbybob0
05-26-2008, 10:29 AM
I like Finley out of a timeout or at the begining of a quarter when the Spurs run a set play for him usually resulting in an open three or a midrange jumper from the right elbow after a series of low screens.

That's the only time I do not cringe when I see him shoot.

bigdog
05-26-2008, 11:10 AM
Finley is best when coming of of screens and shooting. I think he's shown that consistently. I love Mike Fin but he hasn't been hitting many of the wide open shots on the perimeter. He's a streaky player. If they run plays for him like the one where he scored in the 3rd (coming off screen), he's very effective.

buttttttttttt, he's a liability on defense, and we all know the Spurs need to get younger at pretty much every position, and even though I don't want to see him go, it would be best for Fin to leave after the season.

manufor3
05-26-2008, 11:16 AM
finley will be our demise.. him and vaughn

wrong, horry and vaughn

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-26-2008, 11:21 AM
forget it e20

Finley is not allowed praise.

When you're here as a gunner to space the floor for Duncan and the only way you can buy a bucket is if the Spurs run a set play for your ass, you don't deserve any praise.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-26-2008, 11:24 AM
Disagree on Horry. The only one playing decent defense on Odom is Ime Udoka.

You clearly aren't watching the games if you think Horry is doing a bad job defensively against Odom. Lamar was 2-11 last night, and 7 of those shots were against Horry.

He's also keeping Odom off the glass as well. Anything Horry gives us offensively is a bonus, but defensively he's defending Odom better than anyone on this squad.

Sway
05-26-2008, 11:46 AM
I dont get this Horry vs Finley debate. They are both stinking it up. I like both of these guys, but lets face the facts, they have both stayed on way past their prime. They should hopefully, along with Vaughn, be gone after this year. Barry on the other hand still has some gas left in the tank, I would like to see him get more PT this series.

EVAY
05-26-2008, 12:06 PM
Spurs were +12 with Barry on the court, Finley +1.

Barry played about as good of defense as could be expected. It was comparable with Finley's matador defense, but at least Brent got the offense cooking.

Absolutely! I kept being afraid that Barry was about to throw the ball into the third row of the spectators (as he did too often during the regular season), but he was REALLY good last night. Well, at least he was better than Vaughn. He is long and rangy and that is good against the Lakers, who are also all long and rangy, and he really played with energy last night..which Finley hasn't done since the waning moments of the first game against Phoenix. I know that Pop loves Finley, but I wish he were more objective. Pop's personnel moves last night were the best of this series. I hope we see more of it.

Barry is a better pg substitute in this series than Vaughn.

Steve Perry
05-26-2008, 12:43 PM
At the end of the season you will worship Finley!

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/RTM-3/finley-rules-flames.jpg