PDA

View Full Version : What happened to that awesome Vujacic defense?

J.T.
05-25-2008, 10:14 PM
Told you that mother fucker was a scrub.

SPARKY
05-25-2008, 10:14 PM
C'mon. He's a Slovene. We know his type.

DazedAndConfused
05-25-2008, 10:15 PM
Nah, Manu just hit a shitload of 3's. When his 3's aren't falling he can't get to the rim like that.

SRJ
05-25-2008, 10:16 PM
Funny how good a defender Sarah Silverman is when Manu is playing on one lung and one leg.

J.T.
Nah, Manu just hit a shitload of 3's. When his 3's aren't falling he can't get to the rim like that.

All of Manu's threes were in the first half. Kill yourself.

lefty
Vujacic is the next Beno.

Book it.

Scratch that : Beno >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sasha

trjons
05-25-2008, 10:18 PM
Manu scored most of his points with other people guarding him.

How did he do in the second half against Sash?

SPARKY
Maybe I'm wrong but I thought I saw Manu get to the rim tonight.

Next.

m33p0
works best on a hobbled defender but proved to be shit against someone determined?

Avitus1
05-25-2008, 10:19 PM
Manu just woke up at the level he should have been playing at. Meanwhile Vujacic played the same and couldn't hang.

NewJerSpur
05-25-2008, 10:21 PM

He started getting to the rim towards the end of the 3rd in L.A. and his 3's weren't dropping at all in that game. He's slowly beginning to overwhelm Sasha. I expect the Lakers to trap Manu harder and put the game on Tony or Tim's shoulders on Tuesday, just like NO did TP when he went off on them in games 3 and 4.

T Park

That and 1 he got at the rim doesn't count as a beyond the arc three pointer.

Drink draino fucknut.

VaSpursFan
manu abused sasha tonight. up and unders, draining j's and getting to the rim. manu was agressive and went to another gear while sasha stayed in his only gear.

200 miles
05-25-2008, 10:22 PM
Funny how good a defender Sarah Silverman is when Manu is playing on one lung and one leg.

:lmao

RashoFan
05-25-2008, 10:23 PM
perhaps someone did show Sasha my bravatar...:D
:lol

SpurOutofTownFan
05-25-2008, 10:26 PM
perhaps someone did show Sasha my bravatar...:D

I called your bravatar on manus god thread - you did it!! manu needed some bravatars to get healthy!

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-25-2008, 10:30 PM

Hmm, well he scored 11, and my lasting impression of Sasha's defense was the ref blowing the whistle and ringing Vujacic up for another foul.

Next.

Borosai
05-25-2008, 10:30 PM
Sasha plays aggressive defense, and that can be disruptive. But when Manu is returning the intensity, he'll always come out on top in that duel.

Lakers4Life84
05-25-2008, 10:39 PM
sasha's D is solid. i think game 1 and 2 was a combination of great defense and a hurt manu. it is unfair though to say that sasha is a scrub. the guy has been money all year, and his D is solid. just cuz a player torches you on offense doesn't mean that you are a bad defender. if that was the case then lakers fans could make the case that bowen is a horrible defender based on a few games. obviously we know that bowen is not a terrible defender. by the way, i am not sayng that sasha is just as good of a defender as bowen. just trying to make a point. ginobili had a GREAT game though. props to him, and your team, for bouncing back.

Beno Udrih
05-25-2008, 10:40 PM
Vujacic is the next Beno.

Book it.

Scratch that : Beno >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sasha

:tu I approve of this post.

1Parker1
05-25-2008, 10:41 PM
Yea, this was only one game. If Game 4 plays out similiarly, then we have a series. Otherwise, this game would just be about the Spurs not geting swept.

Ronaldo McDonald
05-25-2008, 10:45 PM
It's funny how many moronic Laker fans actually thought Vujachick would be able to contain Ginobili for a whole damn series.

GIIINNNNNNOOOOOOBBBBILIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Ronaldo McDonald
05-25-2008, 10:48 PM
Fatigue seemed to be overtaken by pure adrenaline tonight by Ginobili.

Let's hope he can lead us to victory again on Tuesday.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-25-2008, 10:49 PM
Yea, this was only one game. If Game 4 plays out similiarly, then we have a series. Otherwise, this game would just be about the Spurs not geting swept.

Spurs are smart, I trust they'll try to perform the same to even better in game 4, because they still made a lot of mistakes in the first half, and later in the second half. The first half was masked because Manu hit huge shots for us.

I hope the motion, passing and teamwork continues, because it makes it a lot easier for us to score layups.

Lakers4Life84
05-25-2008, 10:51 PM
It's funny how many moronic Laker fans actually thought Vujachick would be able to contain Ginobili for a whole damn series.

GIIINNNNNNOOOOOOBBBBILIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

it's not about containing ginobili. its all about making him work for everything he gets. spurs fans don't hope to shut down kobe, cuz you know he is gonna get his. you just hope that you make him work for everyone. that they are tough contested shots with a hand in his face. we feel the same way about ginobili. i feel sasha can do that with ginobili. i think sasha did a good job today defensively actually, ginobili just had an INCREDIBLE shooting display. a lot of giniboli's shots (one in particular) were heavily contested and he still knocked him down.

IronMexican
05-25-2008, 10:51 PM
it was just one of those nights, no matter who you put on him, he was scoring.

picnroll
05-25-2008, 10:54 PM
If Manu can get healthy Vujacic is dead meat.

Bob Lanier
05-25-2008, 10:56 PM
This is more or less accurate. He hit most of his threes when he was guarded by either Radmanovic or Kobe. Got to the rim in transition some. Vujacic's grabby defense turned from no-calls at home to fouls on the road.

DazedAndConfused
05-25-2008, 10:57 PM
I tend to think this game was more an anomaly for Ginobli than anything else. He's a great player, and great players don't embarrass themselves 3 games in a row. We all knew he'd have a bounce back game at some point.

But Ginobli is reckless. And when his shots aren't falling he is a turnover machine. He just had a hot shooting night today, hitting a lot of contested 3's. If he can string another performance like this the Lakers need to start thinking of putting Ariza on him.

T Park
05-25-2008, 10:58 PM
I tend to think this game was more an anomaly for Ginobli than anything else. He's a great player, and great players don't embarrass themselves 3 games in a row. We all knew he'd have a bounce back game at some point.

But Ginobli is reckless. And when his shots aren't falling he is a turnover machine. He just had a hot shooting night today, hitting a lot of contested 3's. If he can string another performance like this the Lakers need to start thinking of putting Ariza on him.

:lmao

Someones shakin...

SpurOutofTownFan

Its clear you havent seen ginobili play before - otherwise you wouldnt been saying this. That I know for certain.

SPARKY
Rocket fan is off his rocker.

SRJ
05-25-2008, 10:59 PM
If he can string another performance like this the Lakers need to start thinking of putting Ariza on him.

Please do this.

Oh please

oh please

oh please

do this!!

I would love to see some guy who never plays try to take on Manu Fucking Ginobili in a pivotal playoff game. That would be the top, as Becks would say.

NewJerSpur
05-25-2008, 10:59 PM

Check the film on Ginobli from the Spurs last 3 championship runs. He still plays the same and his style didn't cost the team rings in those years...I wonder why.

Ronaldo McDonald
05-25-2008, 11:00 PM

This game and anomaly from Ginobili?

More like the two previous games.

J.T.

The first two games of the series were an anomaly for Vujacic. He's not a Manu stopper, his defense is overrated and he's only a good shooter because of defensive attention to Kobe leaving him wide open. He is a role player, not a game changer like Manu. If Manu plays as aggressive as he did tonight, he will win the matchup with Vujacic any day of the week. Manu's shitty performances in LA had abso-fucking-lutely nothing to do with Vujacic's D.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
The thing about Manu is, he doesn't have fluke nights. If he's turned on, he can string together these types of games after scoring droughts.

Ronaldo McDonald
05-25-2008, 11:02 PM
Dazed, you're better than that...well maybe not.

J.T.
05-25-2008, 11:02 PM
I'm Manu goes on a scoring tear like he did at the end of the RRT this year, the Lakers are dead in the water.

DazedAndConfused
05-25-2008, 11:03 PM
Ginobli had a great shooting night, but that doesn't mean he took a lot of high percentage shots.

DAF86
It's just one game. What I heard from Manu's brother is that Manu's really really hurt, I don't know if he can have another performance like this one the rest of the series. :depressed

T Park
Ginobli had a great shooting night, but that doesn't mean he took a lot of high percentage shots.

Uh, open 3s are pretty high fucking percentage...

J.T.
05-25-2008, 11:05 PM
If Manu is as hurt as they say he is and he can duplicate what he did tonight, we're going to be talking about this in the same air as the Jordan flu game, etc.

1Parker1
05-25-2008, 11:05 PM

:lmao Couldn't you say the same exact thing about Kobe Bryant every night?

Laker Fans ...:bang

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-25-2008, 11:07 PM
It's just one game. What I heard from Manu's brother is that Manu's really really hurt, I don't know if he can have another performance like this one the rest of the series. :depressed

Pop told him to forget about his injuries. And he did. As fans we can't keep worrying about it, he's going to play through it and he did pretty well today.

Whisky Dog
05-25-2008, 11:11 PM
Sasha's a pussy.

If Manu is healthy and has his game on he puts up 30 + on anyone that team has to guard him. He's the difference, 3 more games of him dominating and Spurs win the series.

BiZNicK
05-25-2008, 11:15 PM
Sasha who...?

thought so..

J.T.
05-25-2008, 11:17 PM
You know what happens when you depend on machines too much? They break down.

DAF86
05-25-2008, 11:18 PM
Pop told him to forget about his injuries. And he did. As fans we can't keep worrying about it, he's going to play through it and he did pretty well today.

You can be told all you want, but if you can't you just can't (sorry if this phrase doesn't mean anything in english :lol), the only difference between games 1-2 and game 3 was that his 3's were falling.
He isn't healthy you can tell from the elevation when he attacks the basket, it just isn't there. He ussually ends up well above the rim when he penetrates, now he's just throwing up there that's why he's missing so many lay ups. Hope I'm wrong but Manu will live or die from jump shots in this series.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-25-2008, 11:20 PM
He got his speed back though.....hopefully he mentally overcomes his handicap

DazedAndConfused
05-25-2008, 11:30 PM
You can be told all you want, but if you can't you just can't (sorry if this phrase doesn't mean anything in english :lol), the only difference between games 1-2 and game 3 was that his 3's were falling.
He isn't healthy you can tell from the elevation when he attacks the basket, it just isn't there. He ussually ends up well above the rim when he penetrates, now he's just throwing up there that's why he's missing so many lay ups. Hope I'm wrong but Manu will live or die from jump shots in this series.

He lived and died by jumpshots in the NOH series as well. I told everyone here I wasn't worried about Ginobli at all, all he was doing was chucking up 3's. He'll have his 1-2 games in the series where he gets hot, but he'll also have his games where he stinks up the joint and is a negative on the court.

SPARKY
05-25-2008, 11:34 PM
He lived and died by jumpshots in the NOH series as well. I told everyone here I wasn't worried about Ginobli at all, all he was doing was chucking up 3's. He'll have his 1-2 games in the series where he gets hot, but he'll also have his games where he stinks up the joint and is a negative on the court.

And what you told us was stupid. 3K posts on the fan forum of a team you don't like? Sheesh.

NewJerSpur
05-25-2008, 11:38 PM

Not saying Manu isn't still hurting, but he sure did elevate well on that lane violation...looked like he really wanted the ball to come off of the rim so he could throw it down.

Nevertheless, even though this is a Manu-Sasha thread, I think the bigger deal for the Spurs is that role players continue to step up from nowhere in these critical games in difficult series. In the last series it was Ime and Kurt...this series it may very well be Brent and Bruce (from and offensive standpoint; he's hit some huge 3's even in losses).

J.T.
05-25-2008, 11:39 PM

The Lakers have no one that can guard Manu. I think it's been proven that Vujacic can't. Tonight he may as well have been the 6th Spur on the court with his 20% shooting, 3 board, goose eggs everywhere else on the stat sheet while letting his man go off for 30.

Bob Lanier
05-25-2008, 11:42 PM
I think it's been proven that Vujacic can't.
Possession by possession.

How many points did Ginóbili score before Vujacic even entered the game?

J.T.
05-25-2008, 11:50 PM
Now the Lakers have two players who have league logos made in their image.

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii133/vintagerock78/SpursTalk/WNBA_Vujacic.jpg

MarceloM!
05-25-2008, 11:51 PM
Manu Happens

cobbler
05-25-2008, 11:53 PM
What cracks me up is that you guys have to rub in that an all star player had a very good game over a 2nd string player. Makes no sense to me.

Actually, it seems a tad defensive.

Heck, i think Manu had 3 0r 4 3's before Sasha even played a second. Sasha outplayed Manu in LA.... tip o the hat to him. Manu outplayed Sasha in SA.... tip o the hat to him as well.

dbreiden83080
05-25-2008, 11:55 PM
Manu showed up is what happened, we get that out of him and we will win period

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-25-2008, 11:57 PM
What cracks me up is that you guys have to rub in that an all star player had a very good game over a 2nd string player. Makes no sense to me.

Actually, it seems a tad defensive.

Heck, i think Manu had 3 0r 4 3's before Sasha even played a second. Sasha outplayed Manu in LA.... tip o the hat to him. Manu outplayed Sasha in SA.... tip o the hat to him as well.
I think Spurs fans were just irked when they gave Sasha a little TOO much credit over the past two games. Especially Phil.

I think Spurs fans knew if Manu could play at his level he'd torch Sasha. But yeah...maybe a bit defensive. Phil putting young andquick Sasha on a gimpy Manu allows Kobe to use all his energy on Offense.

J.T.
05-25-2008, 11:57 PM

30 points vs 4 points. WHERE IS THAT AWESOME DEFENSE NOW?

J.T.
05-25-2008, 11:58 PM
I think Spurs fans were just irked when they gave Sasha a little TOO much credit over the past two games. Especially Phil.

I think Spurs fans knew if Manu could play at his level he'd torch Sasha. But yeah...maybe a bit defensive. Phil putting young andquick Sasha on a gimpy Manu allows Kobe to use all his energy on Offense.

Exactly. Vujacic getting all the credit for Manu playing poorly while hurt.

Go ahead and give him credit for shutting Manu down in LA but be sure to attach one of these to that statement:

http://www.actusa.com/images/asterisk.gif

DazedAndConfused
05-25-2008, 11:59 PM
Manu did most of his damage on players not named Sasha Vujacic. I thought Sasha did fine, Manu just hit some tough shots. You can live with that, Manu is a good player and he will not be stopped every single game this series. The important thing is that you limit him to jumpshots, when Manu gets in the paint it creates all sorts of havoc for a team's defense. Keep Manu outside shooting 3's, contest them as well as you can....live with the results.

The Lakers can still put Bryant or Ariza on him if need be. He hasn't presented himself as a big enough risk yet for Phil to make those adjustments.

picnroll
05-26-2008, 12:01 AM
Lakers fans talking about how this game was an aberration. The aberration for Manu was game one and that's awful damn lucky for Laker's fans.

J.T.
05-26-2008, 12:02 AM
The Lakers can still put Bryant or Ariza on him if need be.

I triple dog dare you to put Ariza on him and then try to win another game in this series. Please fucking do that. Please, please, please, please. Get Phil on the phone now and tell him your genius coaching strategy of putting a player who hasn't played meaningful minutes in months on an All-Star and watch that 30 points turn into 50.

J.T.
05-26-2008, 12:04 AM
Honestly sending home Sasha Vujacic and Jordan Farmar for the summer will feel slightly less awesome than winning the championship. I can't express how sick I have been all year while ESPN kisses these two guys ass and all they do is wait for Kobe to kickout after the double team comes. There are probably 500 people on this site who could achieve similar success on the Lakers if swapped out for Vujacic and Farmar.

DazedAndConfused
05-26-2008, 12:05 AM
When Manu is healthy him playing well is not an aberration.

cobbler
05-26-2008, 12:05 AM
30 points vs 4 points. WHERE IS THAT AWESOME DEFENSE NOW?

Manu is an all star player. On nights like tonight, nobody is going to shut him down. Bowen is a great defender is he not? Does he suddenly become a shitty defender when kobe torches him in a game? No. Great players will get theirs eventually. Last i looked Sasha didnt make any all defensive teams. He played Manu (regardless of injury) pretty solid in the 2 games in LA. He may again, he may not. Well see.

Again, he's our 2nd string guard and you guys are comparing his game to your all star guard. If its even marginally close thats a huge + for the Lakers. Tonight it wasnt. Tip o the hat.

Good luck in game 4! Go Lakers!!!!

DazedAndConfused
05-26-2008, 12:09 AM
Manu is an all star player. On nights like tonight, nobody is going to shut him down. Bowen is a great defender is he not? Does he suddenly become a shitty defender when kobe torches him in a game? No. Great players will get theirs eventually. Last i looked Sasha didnt make any all defensive teams. He played Manu (regardless of injury) pretty solid in the 2 games in LA. He may again, he may not. Well see.

Again, he's our 2nd string guard and you guys are comparing his game to your all star guard. If its even marginally close thats a huge + for the Lakers. Tonight it wasnt. Tip o the hat.

Good luck in game 4! Go Lakers!!!!

Totally agree. Spur fan is very insecure about Manu.

cobbler
05-26-2008, 12:11 AM
Exactly. Vujacic getting all the credit for Manu playing poorly while hurt.

Go ahead and give him credit for shutting Manu down in LA but be sure to attach one of these to that statement:

http://www.actusa.com/images/asterisk.gif

Ohhhhhhh.... so he only played him well in LA cause Manu was hurt. Did Manu miraculously get healed? Or maybe the whole "he's hurt" thing is a smokescreen? Who knows.

Collins had a great comment tonight about Manu and both teams when he said he loved players that dont make excuses and both Pop and PJ dont allow them to do so anyway. You could learn a little something from that. Well, probably not.

cobbler
05-26-2008, 12:12 AM
Honestly sending home Sasha Vujacic and Jordan Farmar for the summer will feel slightly less awesome than winning the championship. I can't express how sick I have been all year while ESPN kisses these two guys ass and all they do is wait for Kobe to kickout after the double team comes. There are probably 500 people on this site who could achieve similar success on the Lakers if swapped out for Vujacic and Farmar.

That has to go down as the most ignorant post on a forum in ages. :bang

J.T.
05-26-2008, 12:13 AM
Totally agree. Spur fan is very insecure about Manu.

Feeling pretty good about Manu right now actually. 30 points, 60% shooting (71% from 3)...put that doesn't mean he was knocking down high percentage shots does it? :lmao

But this thread is about Vujacic being an overrated scrub. If you want to talk about Manu, see your way over to the Ditka thread and kindly get the fuck out of mine.

J.T.
05-26-2008, 12:14 AM
That has to go down as the most ignorant post on a forum in ages. :bang

No one is holding a gun to your head and making you read my posts.

jaysmooth422
05-26-2008, 12:16 AM
sasha's D is solid. i think game 1 and 2 was a combination of great defense and a hurt manu. it is unfair though to say that sasha is a scrub. the guy has been money all year, and his D is solid. just cuz a player torches you on offense doesn't mean that you are a bad defender. if that was the case then lakers fans could make the case that bowen is a horrible defender based on a few games. obviously we know that bowen is not a terrible defender. by the way, i am not sayng that sasha is just as good of a defender as bowen. just trying to make a point. ginobili had a GREAT game though. props to him, and your team, for bouncing back.

you do realize thats twice the spurs went up by twenty on the lakers

cobbler
05-26-2008, 12:16 AM
No one is holding a gun to your head and making you read my posts.

And that is relevent how?

cobbler
05-26-2008, 12:18 AM
you do realize thats twice the spurs went up by twenty on the lakers

Have you been watching the playoffs or even the whole season. 15 to 20 point leads come and go regularly.

J.T.
05-26-2008, 12:19 AM
And that is relevent how?

It's about as relevant as you calling me ignorant for calling Vujacic a scrub on his awesome 4 points, 3 rebounds and goose eggs all over the stat line night.

DAF86
05-26-2008, 12:30 AM
Ohhhhhhh.... so he only played him well in LA cause Manu was hurt. Did Manu miraculously get healed? Or maybe the whole "he's hurt" thing is a smokescreen? Who knows.

Collins had a great comment tonight about Manu and both teams when he said he loved players that dont make excuses and both Pop and PJ dont allow them to do so anyway. You could learn a little something from that. Well, probably not.

The difference tonight was that his 3's were falling, that's all. Manu hadn't been healthy since the playoffs started. He even made "Peja fucking Stojakovic" look good on defense. I don't expect to see another game like this from Manu in this series but I also don't expect to see another game like games 1 and 2, I think that if he can score between 14 and 20 points, get some rebounds, some assts, and play his usual defense the Spurs can pull this one.

LakersMark
05-26-2008, 12:32 AM
As fans we always overrate our players just as everyone here is overrating this one performance. There are two great players on the court TD and KB the rest are not HOF players just fortunate to be playing with them. Manu had a great game and the Spurs kicked our butts. Our team played like yours did in game 2 now the series will get interesting and neither team has done anything on the road so lets see if you guys hold serve. Good game see you Tuesday cause we are not going anywhere.

DazedAndConfused
05-26-2008, 12:33 AM
The difference tonight was that his 3's were falling, that's all. Manu hadn't been healthy since the playoffs started. He even made "Peja fucking Stojakovic" look good on defense. I don't expect to see another game like this from Manu in this series but I also don't expect to see another game like games 1 and 2, I think that if he can score between 14 and 20 points, get some rebounds, some assts, and play his usual defense the Spurs can pull this one.

That's what I've been trying to say and it doesn't mean I think Manu is a poor player. He's just not healthy, and that's why guys like Sasha even have a chance of defending him.

DAF86
05-26-2008, 12:35 AM
As fans we always overrate our players just as everyone here is overrating this one performance. There are two great players on the court TD and KB the rest are not HOF players just fortunate to be playing with them. Manu had a great game and the Spurs kicked our butts. Our team played like yours did in game 2 now the series will get interesting and neither team has done anything on the road so lets see if you guys hold serve. Good game see you Tuesday cause we are not going anywhere.

Check your facts, Manu is already a lock for the HOF, Parker is close to getting there and he will and before all is said and done I think Gasol will be there too.

SPARKY
05-26-2008, 12:36 AM
I know some Spurs fans won't understand this but Tony Parker is a HOF player.

DAF86
05-26-2008, 12:38 AM
I know some Manu fans won't understand this but Tony Parker is a HOF player.

Fixed :lol

LakersMark
05-26-2008, 12:58 AM
Check your facts, Manu is already a lock for the HOF, Parker is close to getting there and he will and before all is said and done I think Gasol will be there too.
Like I said before as fans we tend to overrate our players Tony Parker and Manu are blessed to be playing alongside TD otherwise they would be like Joe Johnson in Atlanta.

SPARKY
05-26-2008, 12:59 AM
That's ok, TP will get to play without TD for a good 5 to 6 seasons eventually.

DAF86
05-26-2008, 01:14 AM
Like I said before as fans we tend to overrate our players Tony Parker and Manu are blessed to be playing alongside TD otherwise they would be like Joe Johnson in Atlanta.

You do know that is the basketball Hall of Fame and not the NBA Hall of fame right?

Manu with his FIBA resume only (where the closest he was to Duncan was when Argentina def. USA in the Olympics) has what it takes to be a HOF. The NBA distinctions only add to his case.

Critter
05-26-2008, 01:15 AM
sasha is not a good defender but a pesky defender
he pisses NBA players off

there is a difference

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-26-2008, 01:16 AM
sasha is not a good defender but a pesky defender
he pisses NBA players off

there is a difference

How? Does he come on to them or something?

trjons
05-26-2008, 01:20 AM
Manu scored 11 points with Sasha guarding him tonight including the 3 point prayer as the shot clock expired.

Kobe was right to laugh that he made that shot.

You only make those when its your night.

Critter
05-26-2008, 01:21 AM
How? Does he come on to them or something?

well no
he just irritates the hell out of the man is he defending
he is just an annoying little kid
he slaps, whines, just a pesky defender
he has a bunch of players in his hate club including Bibby, Nahwhoever(on the nugs)

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-26-2008, 01:25 AM
well no
he just irritates the hell out of the man is he defending
he is just an annoying little kid
he slaps, whines, just a pesky defender
he has a bunch of players in his hate club including Bibby, Nahwhoever(on the nugs)

I haven't followed the Lakers enough, but he probably has the energy to bother people like that.
I remember his clash with Skip to My Lou.

Critter
05-26-2008, 01:26 AM
I haven't followed the Lakers enough, but he probably has the energy to bother people like that.
I remember his clash with Skip to My Lou.

yea, he is also in sasha's hate club
there is a bunch more also

Benvolio_Montague
05-26-2008, 01:27 AM
Anyone who nicknames himself "the machine" should be stabbed in the eyes.

Bob Lanier
05-26-2008, 01:28 AM
Like whom?

SPARKY
05-26-2008, 01:28 AM

He's Slovenian. What do you expect?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-26-2008, 01:30 AM
Regardless if he nicknamed himself or not, it's pretty lame for him to get a nickname after 2,3 previous years of sucking.

Trainwreck2100
05-26-2008, 01:30 AM

You know that's parkers' rap name right?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-26-2008, 01:31 AM

Parker's got Eva so he can embarrass himself all he wants with his little side projects.

Benvolio_Montague
05-26-2008, 01:34 AM

In the rap game, that's fine.

Lakers Dynasty
05-26-2008, 01:42 AM

Good points. Ginobili had a great game. Statistically speaking, he is likely to return to average.

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/afp/20080526/capt.cps.mno95.260508060809.photo01.photo.default-512x354.jpg?x=400&y=276&sig=BKl4c38EUkYj3A5gEyGDfg--

cobbler
05-26-2008, 03:06 AM
It's about as relevant as you calling me ignorant for calling Vujacic a scrub on his awesome 4 points, 3 rebounds and goose eggs all over the stat line night.

Then by your definition, Manu is a scrub player cause his stat lines were not any better in games 1 and 2.

I stand by my ignorant commnet.... then again... that might be giving you too much credit.

cobbler
05-26-2008, 03:10 AM

Good post and I totally agree with you. When you hit your first few shots, especially if they are 3's, it opens the whole game up for you and gets the adrenelin flowing.

DazedAndConfused
05-26-2008, 03:10 AM
LMAO at Spur fan trying to act hard because Manu outplayed Sasha.

Brutalis
05-26-2008, 03:15 AM
LMAO at Laker fan trying to diss Spur fan being hard cause Manu is more of a baller than Sasha could even think to masturbate about.

DazedAndConfused, what a great name to have being a ditsy blond chick.

cobbler
05-26-2008, 03:19 AM
Regardless if he nicknamed himself or not, it's pretty lame for him to get a nickname after 2,3 previous years of sucking.

First off, he did NOT give that nickname to himself. It was either PJ or one of the LA announcers. I cannot remember who but clearly remember the interview where they cleared that up.

He has been money for for years in practice. It became somewhat of a joke in LA as his teamates called him a 11:00 (practice) superstar that cant do squat at 8:00 (games)

He is a 2nd string player that has had a very solid year and deserves the few kudos that he is tossed.

Pero
05-26-2008, 03:37 AM

You must be blind and deaf, how the hell do you even post on the board? He didn't give the nick to himself. Morons. :rolleyes

xcoriate
05-26-2008, 03:45 AM
Fuck that, I want to sign him over the summer. He is natural spur.

pawe
05-26-2008, 04:12 AM
Pop can visit Sasha's house and offer to sign with the Spurs BUT he can't guarantee playing time not unless he earns it.

Man of Steel
05-26-2008, 05:06 AM
The kid plays with a lot of energy.

I think what has a lot of people here upset is that after games 1 and 2, pundits were claiming that Sasha's defense on Manu was spectacular even though other factors could just as well have been the cause.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-26-2008, 05:14 AM
First off, he did NOT give that nickname to himself. It was either PJ or one of the LA announcers. I cannot remember who but clearly remember the interview where they cleared that up.

He has been money for for years in practice. It became somewhat of a joke in LA as his teamates called him a 11:00 (practice) superstar that cant do squat at 8:00 (games)

He is a 2nd string player that has had a very solid year and deserves the few kudos that he is tossed.

yeah i heard about that, how he could make all his shots in practice but could never put it in the hole during game time. I just remember Kobe not being too pleased with his teammates trend of not getting their talent to count, during the scrub years.

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/3897/kobeelbowssashaso9.gif

Props to him for finally breaking through I guess. Too bad you can't say the same for Luke. (Jazz Series blunders) :lol

Slo spurs fan
05-26-2008, 09:48 AM

What´s up with your hatorade? Ohh, I see. You are just an average American redneck.

SPARKY
05-26-2008, 10:31 AM
What's up? Radoslav and Beno.

FoxMulder
05-26-2008, 10:34 AM

Manu did not play against vujacic in the second half, Radmanovic was guarding him

Vujacic was too much worry flopping than defending... :ihit

Slo spurs fan
05-26-2008, 01:30 PM
What's up? Radoslav and Beno.

So becouse you have mass murderers in high scools all of Americans are same? :nope

kobe_mvp_24
05-26-2008, 01:47 PM
vujacic>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ginoflop

pauls931
05-26-2008, 01:57 PM

Dammit, I hate to agree with a Laker fan, but ginobilli is the king of flop. Not even Nash can outdo him.

*disclaimer: nash does not flop often due to the fact you need to be close to who you're defending to flop.

Emanuel20
05-26-2008, 02:29 PM
Dammit, I hate to agree with a Laker fan, but ginobilli is the king of flop. Not even Nash can outdo him.

*disclaimer: nash does not flop often due to the fact you need to be close to who you're defending to flop.

ahamz...Phoenix fan...:bang

David Wooderson
05-26-2008, 02:42 PM
LMAO at Spur fan trying to act hard because Manu outplayed Sasha.

LMAO at Laker fan and everyone in the national media who was all over Vujacic's nuts after the first two games because he put the "lockdown" on Manu.

Septic
05-26-2008, 02:51 PM
Damn Kobe is a dick.

romad_20
05-26-2008, 02:51 PM
yeah i heard about that, how he could make all his shots in practice but could never put it in the hole during game time. I just remember Kobe not being too pleased with his teammates trend of not getting their talent to count, during the scrub years.

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/3897/kobeelbowssashaso9.gif

Props to him for finally breaking through I guess. Too bad you can't say the same for Luke. (Jazz Series blunders) :lol

what's the story with that .gif? Just Kobe being a dick?

Pero
05-26-2008, 02:58 PM

Uhm no, I think Paul is the king of flop. Only not a very good one. :lol

DazedAndConfused
05-26-2008, 03:01 PM
The fact that this thread has reached 5 pages is hilarious.

Sasha is our 2nd string backup shooting guard.

lefty
05-26-2008, 03:02 PM
Fuck that, I want to sign him over the summer. He is natural spur.

Beno 2.0

lefty
05-26-2008, 03:03 PM

Kobe = King of vocal flopping

" Hey ! "

Pero
05-26-2008, 03:57 PM
Beno 2.0

Doubtful, I don't remember anyone ever questioning his work ethic.

Budkin
05-26-2008, 05:27 PM
:lmao Vujacic is a fraud.

J.T.
05-27-2008, 06:27 PM
The fact that this thread has reached 5 pages is hilarious.

Sasha is our 2nd string backup shooting guard.

What was hilarious is how he was hailed as a defensive stopper after the first two games. Everyone was on his nuts like he was the DPOY. Let it be proven again tonight that Vujacic is a scrub and nothing more.