PDA

View Full Version : Vujacic couldn't have stopped Manu tonight

SpurOutofTownFan
05-25-2008, 10:17 PM
no, he couldn't have stopped him - man he made him his bitch and just torched the dude.

Troll_Dynasty
05-25-2008, 10:58 PM
Vujacic can't hold manu's jock. He got lucky in the first 2 games, guarding an injured, fatigued Ginobili. Now, the beast is out.

Banzai
05-25-2008, 10:58 PM
obviously..Manu played amazing tonight.

Emanuel20
05-25-2008, 11:02 PM
Something bugged me from Phil's press conference.
He was asked why he did not put Kobe on Manu, and he said that nothing would have mattered b/c the shots Manu was hitting were lucky and usually will not go in. I don't know if as he says the shots were lucky but why not break the curse. Maybe he thought that the shots were pretty doable.

Solid D
05-25-2008, 11:08 PM
Kobe's presser comments about Manu were more honest than Phil's were.

1Parker1
05-25-2008, 11:09 PM
Kobe's presser comments about Manu were more honest than Phil's were.

Damn I missed it. What'd they say?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-25-2008, 11:10 PM
He was asked why he did not put Kobe on Manu, and he said that nothing would have mattered b/c the shots Manu was hitting were lucky and usually will not go in. I don't know if as he says the shots were lucky but why not break the curse. Maybe he thought that the shots were pretty doable.

Phil never gives the other guys credit. He thinks people care what he thinks, so he likes to get under people's skin.

You won't be getting any , "Manu was a baddd boyyy" a la Coach Brown, type comments.

aka_USAPA
05-25-2008, 11:10 PM
no, he couldn't have stopped him - man he made him his bitch and just torched the dude.

Not even Bowen could stop Manu tonight. But Ariza will be a pest on top of Vujacic in Game 4.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-25-2008, 11:11 PM
Damn I missed it. What'd they say?

Kobe gave him his props, cuz he loves Manu. He said he wasn't surprised at all about Manu's game, cuz he's seen him do it before...then he said on one shot he was just smiling at Manu's three, towards the end of the half.

Basically Kobe was salivating over Manu's balls of steel.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-25-2008, 11:11 PM
he said the guy is a monster and he just goes in and starts making shots, the crowd gets involved and that's see, he said manu was a great player and he also said he looked at his fingernail and it was nasty

aka_USAPA
05-25-2008, 11:12 PM

Those shots were lucky but Manu showed up to play tonight. The key to beating the Spurs is not TD or TP... it's stopping Manu.

samikeyp
05-25-2008, 11:14 PM
Those shots were lucky but Manu showed up to play tonight. The key to beating the Spurs is not TD or TP... it's stopping Manu.

Yeah because Manu has never hit wide open 3's before. :lol

Some of his shots were lucky but he also had a lot of good looks and he hit them as he has and should.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-25-2008, 11:16 PM
Yeah because Manu has never hit wide open 3's before. :lol

Some of his shots were lucky but he also had a lot of good looks and he hit them as he has and should.

Only that falling Three was a lucky shot. The rest he's been known to make time and time again, especially his And-1's.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-25-2008, 11:17 PM

I could say the same about all those 3s kobe took at the end of the game - they were all lucky to me.

Solid D
05-25-2008, 11:19 PM
Paraphrased, Bryant said the Spurs played solid defense but the Lakers missed a lot of easy ones, too. Kobe said there were a lot of Argentina flags waving there tonight. He wasn't surprised at Manu and what he did tonight, he's a "phenomenal player" and he had a spectacular 1st half. He's seen him do this before...he did it last series too. He gets extremely aggressive and brings a lot of energy He did say that Manu hit one shot and he just had to laugh, Sasha was right in his face playing good defense. Kobe also said Manu had a nasty looking fingernail, "that thing is disgusting"!

BigBeezie
05-25-2008, 11:20 PM
Phil just needs to retire after the Spurs close this series...

samikeyp
05-25-2008, 11:31 PM
Only that falling Three was a lucky shot. The rest he's been known to make time and time again, especially his And-1's.

True.

I knew good things were in store when that went down.

Critter
05-25-2008, 11:32 PM
sasha made manu his bitch the 1st 2 games
2 games>1
get over it

1Parker1
05-25-2008, 11:33 PM
Paraphrased, Bryant said the Spurs played solid defense but the Lakers missed a lot of easy ones, too. Kobe said there were a lot of Argentina flags waving there tonight. He wasn't surprised at Manu and what he did tonight, he's a "phenomenal player" and he had a spectacular 1st half. He's seen him do this before...he did it last series too. He gets extremely aggressive and brings a lot of energy He did say that Manu hit one shot and he just had to laugh, Sasha was right in his face playing good defense. Kobe also said Manu had a nasty looking fingernail, "that thing is disgusting"!

:lol Interesting. I can't remember the last time Kobe was so easygoing and complimentary after a playoff loss. He really is turning over a new leaf.

That or he's just not scared of the Spurs :depressed :lol

ducks
05-25-2008, 11:34 PM
he was awesome tonight

oh and odom and fisher sucked again
if odom and fisher so up every other game spurs will win

Emanuel20
Phil never gives the other guys credit. He thinks people care what he thinks, so he likes to get under people's skin.

You won't be getting any , "Manu was a baddd boyyy" a la Coach Brown, type comments.

Well, I will just take the comments as a compliment!

ducks
:lol Interesting. I can't remember the last time Kobe was so easygoing and complimentary after a playoff loss. He really is turning over a new leaf.

I think he thinks odom and fisher will play alot better in game 4
and actually gasol missed alot of shots to

mikeanthony21
05-25-2008, 11:35 PM

...or Josh Howard and/or Joakim Noah paid him a visit after the game.

1Parker1
05-25-2008, 11:35 PM
I think he thinks odom and fisher will play alot better in game 4
and actually gasol missed alot of shots to

Yea, and I'm sure they will. Spurs need to be ready.

Solid D
05-25-2008, 11:57 PM

Emanuel20, I listened to Phil's comments on the NBAtv replay (I had missed some of his comments the 1st time) and Phil never said Manu's shots were lucky. Phil said it didn't matter who you put on Manu. He was well-defended and he just hit some impossible shots. You just tap the guy on the butt and say "good shot". That's all you can do. A couple of threes were unguarded but the other shots (threes), guys were on him and they were just incredible shots.

E20
05-25-2008, 11:57 PM
LOL

Wide open threes(sans 1) and layups are lucky/impossible? Stick to your day job Phil.

<insert colonel sanders picture here>

Solid D
05-26-2008, 12:02 AM
LOL

Wide open threes(sans 1) and layups are lucky/impossible? Stick to your day job Phil.

E20, I think you missed the post above yours. Phil never said Manu or his shots were "lucky".

WildcardManu
05-26-2008, 12:05 AM
Vujacic can't hold manu's jock. He got lucky in the first 2 games, guarding an injured, fatigued Ginobili. Now, the beast is out.

:lol that's all he caught a wiff off, his jock.

unforeseen
05-26-2008, 12:05 AM
sasha made manu his bitch the 1st 2 games
2 games>1
get over it

Sasha is a lock-down defender now? That is a definite stretch.

Gasol is more like Gasoft in the playoffs. No wonder wonder he has not won a playoff game until he arrived in LA.

WildcardManu
05-26-2008, 12:07 AM
he was awesome tonight

oh and odom and fisher sucked again
if odom and fisher so up every other game spurs will win

Odom was his usual self, Fisher is following the trend.

WildcardManu
05-26-2008, 12:08 AM
Gasol is more like Gasoft in the playoffs. No wonder wonder he ha not won a playoff game until he arrived in LA.

Gasol is Duncan's bitch. Thought the Lakers got the memo before they acquired him.

J.T.
05-26-2008, 12:10 AM
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii133/vintagerock78/SpursTalk/WNBA_Vujacic.jpg

EXPECT GREAT.

E20
05-26-2008, 01:54 AM
E20, I think you missed the post above yours. Phil never said Manu or his shots were "lucky".
You said in your post 'Impossible'

Threes and layups = impossible?

Solid D
05-26-2008, 10:40 AM
Emanuel20, I listened to Phil's comments on the NBAtv replay (I had missed some of his comments the 1st time) and Phil never said Manu's shots were lucky. Phil said it didn't matter who you put on Manu. He was well-defended and he just hit some impossible shots. You just tap the guy on the butt and say "good shot". That's all you can do. A couple of threes were unguarded but the other shots (threes), guys were on him and they were just incredible shots.

LOL

You said in your post 'Impossible'

Threes and layups = impossible?

E20, I just thought you may have missed Phil's actual comments from the press conference, since your post was virtually at the same time as mine (11:57 PM). Phil never used the words lucky and lucky does not = impossible. Phil also used the word incredible. He also clarified that a couple of shots were unguarded. Phil was also speaking with reference, specifically, to the run where the Spurs got a 10-point separation in the first half. Lucky and impossible have two different meanings and inferences in English.

michaelwcho
05-26-2008, 10:45 AM
Kobe gave him his props, cuz he loves Manu. He said he wasn't surprised at all about Manu's game, cuz he's seen him do it before...then he said on one shot he was just smiling at Manu's three, towards the end of the half.

Basically Kobe was salivating over Manu's balls of steel.

Game Recognizes Game.