PDA

View Full Version : Tony MF'ing Parker

SPARKY
05-26-2008, 01:25 AM
On a night with Manu dropping 3s like I was downing bourbon and TD showing up again with another playoff 20-20 performance it's easy to overlook Tony's game tonight. 20 pts on 60% shooting from the field, 5 assists, 3 boards, and the highest +/- of any Spur at +26. His was an excellent performance tonight. He pushed the ball often, took good shots, and attacked the rim consistently.

Tony will need to bring that again in Game 4.

SpursFan0728
05-26-2008, 01:29 AM
yea great to see our big3 shinning

NewJerSpur
05-26-2008, 01:30 AM
Good call. TP also kicked the ball back out on drives when he didn't have a clear shot at the basket rather than throwing it up at the rim hoping to get a foul call. That was a very underrated part of the overall improvement to the ball movement in game 3. Anyone else notice the "Return of the Tear-Drop" which seemed to all but disappear vs. NO?

Slydragon
05-26-2008, 01:31 AM
Not counting Tony or Tim the rest of the team had like 1 or 2 more than Manu I think. We need more points coming from the rest of the team.

DAF86
05-26-2008, 01:32 AM
Another 20, 20, 20 in the playoffs from the real big three, now we just need three more of these.

TDfan2007
05-26-2008, 02:35 AM
Great game from Tony and the entire Big 3. I'd say that Tony was the most efficient player of all 3 tonight.

admiralfats
05-26-2008, 03:26 AM
in the first or second quarter, my friend started talking about how tony needed to shoot more from his spot, and not take tear drops. I was like, "You don't know what you're talking about. He's gotten better at the outside stuff, but he's still beastly in the paint." Then Tony just kept nailing the jumper. He's so impressive. Not just his willingness to work hard to improve his game, but I think his mental toughness might be a bit underrated. I used to think Pop built him into a mentally tough player, but the more I read his comments and his website interviews, I think he's just a tough guy and got tougher.

pawe
05-26-2008, 03:47 AM
Now if only Robert Horry would make a guest appearance in game 4 then we can go back to LA happy.

Freeze
05-26-2008, 05:27 AM
http://www.tp9.net/en/itw.php?id=235

We'v played with a lot more energy

Tony, compared with the first two games in LA the Spurs have showed a totaly difference face in this win 103-84.We have had an off day in Game 2 (loss 101-71). We had been on the road for a while and we really felt the need to come back home. It was seen tonight has we were able to gather ourselves and play with a lot more energy. Manu Ginobili is the perfect example of this as he was incredible (30 points), especially in the first half. It is a good performance for us and now we will try to do the same Tuesday for Game 4.

Tonight you must be satisfied with your defense. Kobe caught on fire in the fourth quarter as he scored four 3 pointers but we’ve defended well on the rest of the team. As for Lamar Odom, who had hurt us in Game 2, we were able to do a good job on him tonight (7 points). We’ve also limited the support of their bench as Vujacic (4 points), Walton (3) and Farmar (10) have had a tough time expressing their games.

How did you prepare for this game ?
To be honest with you we have not done anything for 2 days as we needed the rest. Gregg Popovich had seen we were exhausted on Friday night. It would have been a lost cause to ask us for me we did not even have the strength.

What do you think about your game ?I did not overplay and have selected my shots well (20 points, shooting 9/15). Manu was there to do the job, he was on fir… I also want to congratulate the bench. Brent Barry had a big game and it had been a while since we had seen him play at such a level. Now we have to think and focus on Game 4. We are conscious that each and every games are important; we have to get back to LA even at 2-2.

carina_gino20
05-26-2008, 05:50 AM
I was really impressed with TP's game. He made really good decisions on his shot selection and just knew when to take it to the rack and when to hit the jumpshot. Great job, TP.

polandprzem
05-26-2008, 06:32 AM
I was not impressed with TP

he had good performance and he made his jumpshots which Lakers dare him to do. But again LA did not let him get into the middle forcing him to the baseline closing him and shutting down the offense and playmaking.
As for his playmaking he was not that good and IMO Pop should rest him more giving more oppurtunieties to Barry.
Barry was great combo (combat!) guard, he was able to play with Manu as well as with Tony, Props.

TP must bring that same level of energy next game plus not getting into the corner. Spurs must play more p&rolls in the baseline area

urunobili
05-26-2008, 08:21 AM
i think TP will have a monster game 4

BlueDog
05-26-2008, 12:41 PM
Yes. The flying Frenchman is very good, but if he could have a game where he does not commit crucial turnovers from giveaways and travels, then he would be a lot better. I still have not understood whether this is something he inherently does while trying for more shot attempts or whether he can eliminate this part of his game and then elevate his overall performance to a new level. Not that I want to him to be a "superstar awesome baller demi-god" like Mr. Bryant, I just think he could be more perfect by eliminating turnovers.
Besides, the point is that I would choose Parker before I would choose Kobe.