PDA

View Full Version : So That's The Manu I've Been Hearing So Much About...

Commissioner Stern
05-26-2008, 05:38 AM
Pretty impressive. I was starting to think it was all a myth. But that was pretty impressive. I assume he hits those fadeaway 3s w/ regularity. This should be a fun series after all, then.

And the Pau Gasoft you saw in game 3? That's him w/ regularity too.

Rummpd
05-26-2008, 07:38 AM
Ginobili when healthy is the 2nd best shooting guard in the league (to Kobe of course) and for much of the season was even above your black mamba in PER. Not Kobe but a similar competitor. That was the real Gasol - mentally soft!

PacerFan
05-26-2008, 09:33 AM
I wouldn't trash Gasol too much, he has been instrumental. Everyone who has watched the Spurs even a little knew Manu would bust out though.

DarrinS
05-26-2008, 09:35 AM
Lakers would already be fishing without Gasol.

Fat Bones
05-26-2008, 09:42 AM
I wouldn't trash Gasol too much, he has been instrumental. Everyone who has watched the Spurs even a little knew Manu would bust out though.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Imposter/a158e7988cd92fa95250ef45ea52b3d6-ge.jpg

By instrumental, you mean a tool, right?

jmard5
05-26-2008, 09:52 AM
Lakers would already be fishing without Gasol.

That would show how big an impact that Gasol trade was. Bynum's out.

Without Gasol, who who have the Lakers get in return?

Manudona
05-26-2008, 10:31 AM
Ginobili when healthy is the 2nd best shooting guard in the league (to Kobe of course) and for much of the season was even above your black mamba in PER. Not Kobe but a similar competitor. That was the real Gasol - mentally soft!

Actually he finished the season with a better PER. Of course that does not make him the better player

thispego
05-26-2008, 12:11 PM
Pretty impressive. I was starting to think it was all a myth. But that was pretty impressive. I assume he hits those fadeaway 3s w/ regularity. This should be a fun series after all, then.

havent paid much attention to NBA in a few years eh? HAH, typical laker fan. arent you glad the lakers are relevant again so you get the chance too see the leagues other great players?

SpurOutofTownFan
05-26-2008, 04:33 PM

so this is the first time you watch basketball in the last 5 years?

mVp
05-26-2008, 05:12 PM
Pretty impressive. I was starting to think it was all a myth. But that was pretty impressive. I assume he hits those fadeaway 3s w/ regularity.

Not only that, his best dunk ever was over the entire Lakers franchise a couple of years ago, I'm sure you missed it, I wonder on which bandwagon were you when that happened?

PacerFan
05-26-2008, 05:16 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Imposter/a158e7988cd92fa95250ef45ea52b3d6-ge.jpg

By instrumental, you mean a tool, right?

No, i mean without him they wouldn't have a 2-1 lead much less even be in this series.

Lakers08Champs
05-26-2008, 05:21 PM
Just a reminder that we still have Bynum waiting on deck, so its now or never for you spurs to win a championship....when we're at full strength next season, it'd be all over for the rest of the nba!! plus if we had bynum in this series, Tim wouldn't get these monster stats he's been having, AB will shut him down!! :nope

spursfan09
05-26-2008, 06:42 PM
Just a reminder that we still have Bynum waiting on deck, so its now or never for you spurs to win a championship....when we're at full strength next season, it'd be all over for the rest of the nba!! plus if we had bynum in this series, Tim wouldn't get these monster stats he's been having, AB will shut him down!! :nope

:rolleyes. Ok so nobody can stop Kobe, but AB can stop Tim Duncan? Wow. How about some objectivity.

tlongII
05-26-2008, 06:51 PM

Greg Oden will make Bynum his bitch.

GrandeDavid
05-26-2008, 06:54 PM

That's what they said about Amare after his successful microfracture surgery. My reply to your hollow statement:

"yeah, yeah, yeah.....:sleep"

Commissioner Stern
05-26-2008, 07:09 PM
One thing I've realized about the Sperms fan base, they don't get irony, sarcasm or tongue in cheek.

They're a sensitive bunch of whining, excuse makers, who have that small town inferiority, napoleonic complex.

Relax. The Sperms are a good team. But their window is just about shut. Gasol is soft, but at half a season in the triangle w/ no training camp, he's sure is fitting in well. And Gasol at the PF position with Lamar and Bynum? It's now or never for the Sperms, and that window is about to hit the sill.

Bandwagon fan? Homie please. The Lakers have had this fan base since the Sperms were in the ABA. Just because no one watches the Sperms when they're on TV doesn't make the rest of the league's fans bandwagooners. It just means the Sperms are about as intriguing as watching your zits grow.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-26-2008, 07:13 PM
One thing I've realized about the Sperms fan base, they don't get irony, sarcasm or tongue in cheek.

They're a sensitive bunch of whining, excuse makers, who have that small town inferiority, napoleonic complex.

Bandwagon fan? Homie please. The Lakers have had this fan base since the Sperms were in the ABA. Just because no one watches the Sperms when they're on TV doesn't make the rest of the league's fans bandwagooners. It just means the Sperms are about as intriguing as watching your zits grow.

:lol nice sweeping generalizations there.

You're a real tough guy arent ya?

Commissioner Stern
05-26-2008, 07:18 PM
:lol nice sweeping generalizations there.

You're a real tough guy arent ya?

Why yes. Yes I am.

IronMexican
05-26-2008, 07:20 PM

ehh, it's a toss up for me between him and T-mac. but that was a great game by manu.

Septic
05-26-2008, 07:23 PM
Fucked up knee Bynum stoping the greatest powerfoward ever in the NBA? Just how fucking stupid do you have to be to believe that fucking nonsense trash...

Emanuel20
05-26-2008, 07:24 PM
ehh, it's a toss up for me between him and T-mac. but that was a great game by manu.

Of course it's a toss up for you Laker Fan

:bang

Commissioner Stern
05-26-2008, 07:36 PM
Fucked up knee Bynum stoping the greatest powerfoward ever in the NBA? Just how fucking stupid do you have to be to believe that fucking nonsense trash...

Duncan Donuts will forever be known as one of the greatest power forwards in the Association. But all prime-time players go past their prime.

"Stopping." Two "Ps". Playboy.

Septic
05-26-2008, 07:42 PM
Duncan Donuts will forever be known as one of the greatest power forwards in the Association. But all prime-time players go past their prime.

"Stopping." Two "Ps". Playboy.Um .... yeah. I hope he's enjoying his surgery.

whottt
05-26-2008, 08:01 PM
On a single game basis Manu is capable of being the best player in the world. Not for a series, and probably not even for a signifigant stretch of games...but for one game, he damn sure can be.

And it may seem like you could say that about a lot of players, but you really can't. There's only a few guys like that in the league...

and the Spurs have two of them :smokin

ClingingMars
05-26-2008, 09:17 PM

Relax. The Sperms are a good team. But their window is just about shut. Gasol is soft, but at half a season in the triangle w/ no training camp, he's sure is fitting in well. And Gasol at the PF position with Lamar and Bynum? It's now or never for the Sperms, and that window is about to hit the sill.

more idiot laker trolls :bang:bang:bang

- Mars

ClingingMars
05-26-2008, 09:18 PM
Why yes. Yes I am.

http://www.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/internet-tough-guy.thumbnail.png

- Mars

Commissioner Stern
05-26-2008, 09:23 PM
http://www.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/internet-tough-guy.thumbnail.png

- Mars

Whoa. That dude is skeery. Is that Kid Rock? Can't be. The goatee is too thick.

Bwhahahahahahaha

sigh.

ClingingMars
05-26-2008, 09:28 PM

Bwhahahahahahaha

sigh.

http://www.darkworks.org/uranidiot.jpg

- Mars

Commissioner Stern
05-26-2008, 09:30 PM
http://www.darkworks.org/uranidiot.jpg

- Mars

Picture link smack. Almost as good as Photoshop smack.

Impressive.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-26-2008, 09:33 PM

Bwhahahahahahaha

sigh.

http://shallmakenolaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/toughguy.jpg

This is probably closer to reality.

Don't worry, guy...you'll gain a sense of self-confidence some day. We're rooting for ya. :tu

ClingingMars
05-26-2008, 09:35 PM
Picture link smack. Almost as good as Photoshop smack.

Impressive.

some people are so god damn stupid that you have to use pictures to communicate basic ideas to them. like you.

- Mars

Commissioner Stern
05-26-2008, 09:44 PM
some people are so god damn stupid that you have to use pictures to communicate basic ideas to them. like you.

- Mars

... says the hick from Pawdunk, Texas.

Quick! Google another picture!

Jess
05-27-2008, 02:25 AM

- Mars

I disagree, this one seems pretty intelligent. What a waste.

Benvolio_Montague
05-27-2008, 02:56 AM
LOL @ Pau Gasoft.

BiZNicK
05-27-2008, 01:01 PM
Yea I heard manu was pretty good too :toast

ClingingMars
05-27-2008, 01:22 PM
... says the hick from Pawdunk, Texas.

Quick! Google another picture!

I'm from Virginia. Nice try, though. Admirable effort.

- Mars

Commissioner Stern
05-27-2008, 01:45 PM
I'm from Virginia. Nice try, though. Admirable effort.

- Mars

Really? I like Virginia. I assume you have some familial ties or association with San Antonio. Otherwise, you might be accused of "bandwagoning" considering the success the Sperms have had.

And thanks for the admiration. Although it all comes naturally, for some reason. So I wouldn't call it "effort."

jaysmooth422
05-27-2008, 03:03 PM

so let me get this straight, duncan went thru shaq and amarie, tyson chandler and david west, and you believe that andrew bynum is the one who can stop duncan??? wow! wow!!!! WOW!!!! :flag:

nkdlunch
05-27-2008, 03:08 PM
Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_

austinlakepirate
05-27-2008, 03:18 PM
I liked this thread till this guy ruined it for me:

Small town complex? You live in LA. No self respecting Texan would want to be a typical, star struck, LA asshole with an over rated basketball team, and a colossal sense of entitlement.

You live on unstable land, you pay outrageous taxes, your city is running out of water and most of you spend 20+ hours a week in your car in congested traffic.

Enjoy the rolling blackouts this summer genius.

BTW: if the Sprs are a good team, and they kick the Lakers ass, what does that make the Lakers?

FYI (for lakers fans:)

Entitlement=
–noun
1. the act of entitling.
2. the state of being entitled.
3. the right to guaranteed benefits under a government program, as Social Security or unemployment compensation.