PDA

View Full Version : Awful LA Times article

GrandeDavid
05-26-2008, 08:06 AM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-simers26-2008may26,0,4650612.column

Lakers give one up just to break the monotony

Maybe if the Lakers were more interesting, a lifetime sentence of three days in San Antonio would be all right. But we already know what's going to happen.
T.J. Simers

May 26, 2008

SAN ANTONIO -- The Lakers are so boring.

Why are we even here?

It's steaming hot and the only thing this city has going for it is the River Walk -- where everyone walks around a winding, polluted river, maybe catching a table by its side for dinner and watching the garbage float by.

There's also the Alamo, named for a rental car company, I believe, but none of it is Boston, and isn't that what everyone is really waiting for?

Maybe if the Lakers were more interesting, a lifetime sentence of three days in San Antonio would be all right. But we already know what's going to happen.

The Lakers are going to win. And then win again.

That's how it's gone so far. When they went to Salt Lake City for a couple of games, I stayed behind with the granddaughter, and I hear they lost.

I wouldn't know. I'm 10-0 with the Lakers, and each of our guys is great, the "we take just one game at a time" clichés flowing freely, and everyone else stinks.

The thrill of sports is the unexpected, an occasional Lakers defeat maybe and our heroes digging deep to fight back and win the next day. As the TNT or TBS commercial goes, "We know drama."

The Lakers don't.

They lose, and at least we can take a closer look at everyone without first patting them on the back.

The other day I get this e-mail from "bw," who wrote: "In the midst of all this Laker playoff euphoria, why haven't you cast a spotlight on Luke Walton's shooting?

"Have you seen it? What is he now, about two for 40? And other than a fifth-grade girls' playground game, have you ever seen a shooting form to match it? Have you noticed the deathly silence from the Laker broadcast team whenever he slams another brick off the glass? How many years is this guy signed for?"

First of all, he makes "deathly silence from the Laker broadcast team" sound like a bad thing.

But as for Walton, I repeat, the Lakers are 10-0 while I've watched them play, and if Walton is that bad, who cares?

I checked, though, and although he's two for nine against the Spurs, it's not exactly two for 40, and if you add up all the playoff games, he's 33 for 66, and that's darn good.

I suppose I should be concerned when the e-mailers are tougher on the Lakers than Page 2, but how does anyone pick them apart while they're doing so well?

I'm now reduced to checking out what the guys from ESPN are wearing. Marc Stein is sporting a Cal State Fullerton tennis T-shirt from his days at the school as a ball boy, but surprisingly Ric Bucher isn't wearing a Kobe jersey.

But that's it unless the Lakers go human and stumble here, but how can a team win by 30 and two days later lose to that same old team?

I guess maybe if Derek Fisher doesn't make the trip. Where was he? I had no idea he was even in uniform until the referee called a technical foul on him.

Lamar Odom makes a low pass to Pau Gasol and Gasol shows him up when the ball goes off Gasol and out of bounds. He bends down low again, letting Odom know he can't catch it there, and then raises his arms showing everyone where Odom should have passed the ball. Maybe that flies in Memphis, but not here.

But then Gasol is always seemingly blaming someone else when things don't go well. Usually it's the referees, and enough already.

Manu Ginobili, by the way, who made no excuses for his horrible play so far in the series, is bombing three after three over Sasha Vujacic. Vujacic should know where a three-point shooter likes to get the ball, but he continues to give Ginobili space.

Later he looks to the sideline with disbelief when TimDuncan makes an unbelievable shot over him -- like Phil Jackson can do anything about it. Enough already with the grimaces, just play.

Odom, meanwhile, is one for 10 at one stretch and a disaster at the free-throw line. Would someone please tell him he has no balance at the free-throw line. He begins with legs spread, and then just before shooting takes away his own base, accounting for every wobbly attempt. No excuse, none, for the way he shoots free throws.

If someone locates Fisher, I suspect Vladimir Radmanovic will be with him. My guess, they're out to lunch.

Too bad they didn't take Vujacic with them. He would have had the same amount of threes in the game had he not come to the arena.

Bryant shoots one free and misses. Holy Utah, what's with that?

I swear, even the Spurs' cheerleaders are looking better than the Laker Girls, a 49-point swing from Friday to Sunday here, some drama, and a series that is no longer boring.

Isn't it great? One more loss here, and how much fun would it be returning to Staples Center, the best of three against the defending champions, Lakers fans a little nervous, and now that's entertainment.

The Lakers winning it all in the end, of course, or someone is really going to have to rip into the bums.

WHY AM I not surprised that an ultimate fighter who runs away from Page 2 loses every round unanimously Saturday night in Las Vegas? Just surprised Tito Ortiz even showed up.

TODAY'S LAST word comes in e-mail from Scott Willard: "Let me begin by telling you unequivocally that you should be ashamed by your written words. This column tells me quite a bit about your character, or lack thereof. Calling Mr. Ned Colletti a 'schmoozer' belies a man of great character . . . so I hope you slept well last night after you filed your column. Mr. Colletti and his interest in such causes (as Mattel Children's Hospital at UCLA) are what God wants from every man. Perhaps it would serve you well to visit some hospitals on your own. I would imagine you would be less inclined to write columns such as this. I pray you take the time to apologize to Mr. Colletti . . . "

I'm sorry he doesn't spend more time with the kids in the hospital . . . and away from the Dodgers.

T.J. Simers can be reached at [email protected]. To read previous columns by Simers, go to latimes.com/simers.

GrandeDavid
05-26-2008, 08:07 AM
I can't believe this guy has a job! And what an absolute ingrade for making a ridiculous crack at a national monument.

polandprzem
05-26-2008, 08:15 AM
I've read a half of it.

he has right to have such opinion.
I bet lakers feels good about their chances in game 4. All in all they are leading 2-1 having homecourt adventage, having fresher legs, having Phil and Kobe in his career best.
If the spurs were in such situation I would not be concerned about one awa loss to the WCF opponent.

But the article was weak as weak can be

SpursWoman
05-26-2008, 08:41 AM
Even if it were pro-Spurs that's a very poorly written, rambling article. D-.

nfg3
05-26-2008, 08:42 AM
Are there any objective writers in LA? Probably but so far I haven't found them. He is just another writer playing to the LA crowd. Lakers are great and fantastic and everyone else sucks. Puts down the opposing city and belittles it's culture. Now where have I encountered that before? Oh that's right - Mark Cuban and his famous tirade about the Riverwalk back in '06.

Weak and lame article. Writer shows a total lack of respect for SA. Pathetic.

JustSpurs
05-26-2008, 08:43 AM
Read some of his other hack crap. The guy's a douche.

Twisted_Dawg
05-26-2008, 08:45 AM
Every city has a writer that writes garbage critical of another city. It is totally classless but always seems to find an audience with the hometown readers. At least we have not had to read from one of our guys about the slums of LA, the filthy smog, grid lock traffic, etc.

Shaolin-Style
05-26-2008, 08:46 AM
Thats like making fun of pearl harbor.

Just cause it didn't happen to your generation doesn't mean it didn't mean shit.

Russ
05-26-2008, 08:47 AM
T.J. Simers writes tounge in cheek -- you should have seen his critique of Nebraska when USC travelled there to play the Cornhuskers last fall. I wouldn't overeact to poor old T.J. :)

Jimcs50
05-26-2008, 09:02 AM
Lakers give one up just to break the monotony

T.J. Simers

May 26, 2008

SAN ANTONIO -- The Lakers are so boring.

Why are we even here?

It's steaming hot and the only thing this city has going for it is the River Walk -- where everyone walks around a winding, polluted river, maybe catching a table by its side for dinner and watching the garbage float by.

There's also the Alamo, named for a rental car company, I believe, but none of it is Boston, and isn't that what everyone is really waiting for?

The Lakers are going to win. And then win again.

That's how it's gone so far. When they went to Salt Lake City for a couple of games, I stayed behind with the granddaughter, and I hear they lost.

I wouldn't know. I'm 10-0 with the Lakers, and each of our guys is great, the "we take just one game at a time" clichés flowing freely, and everyone else stinks.

The thrill of sports is the unexpected, an occasional Lakers defeat maybe and our heroes digging deep to fight back and win the next day. As the TNT or TBS commercial goes, "We know drama."

The Lakers don't.

They lose, and at least we can take a closer look at everyone without first patting them on the back.

The other day I get this e-mail from "bw," who wrote: "In the midst of all this Laker playoff euphoria, why haven't you cast a spotlight on Luke Walton's shooting?

"Have you seen it? What is he now, about two for 40? And other than a fifth-grade girls' playground game, have you ever seen a shooting form to match it? Have you noticed the deathly silence from the Laker broadcast team whenever he slams another brick off the glass? How many years is this guy signed for?"

First of all, he makes "deathly silence from the Laker broadcast team" sound like a bad thing.

But as for Walton, I repeat, the Lakers are 10-0 while I've watched them play, and if Walton is that bad, who cares?

I checked, though, and although he's two for nine against the Spurs, it's not exactly two for 40, and if you add up all the playoff games, he's 33 for 66, and that's darn good.

I suppose I should be concerned when the e-mailers are tougher on the Lakers than Page 2, but how does anyone pick them apart while they're doing so well?

I'm now reduced to checking out what the guys from ESPN are wearing. Marc Stein is sporting a Cal State Fullerton tennis T-shirt from his days at the school as a ball boy, but surprisingly Ric Bucher isn't wearing a Kobe jersey.

But that's it unless the Lakers go human and stumble here, but how can a team win by 30 and two days later lose to that same old team?

I guess maybe if Derek Fisher doesn't make the trip. Where was he? I had no idea he was even in uniform until the referee called a technical foul on him.Lamar Odom makes a low pass to Pau Gasol and Gasol shows him up when the ball goes off Gasol and out of bounds. He bends down low again, letting Odom know he can't catch it there, and then raises his arms showing everyone where Odom should have passed the ball. Maybe that flies in Memphis, but not here.

But then Gasol is always seemingly blaming someone else when things don't go well. Usually it's the referees, and enough already.

Manu Ginobili, by the way, who made no excuses for his horrible play so far in the series, is bombing three after three over Sasha Vujacic. Vujacic should know where a three-point shooter likes to get the ball, but he continues to give Ginobili space.

Later he looks to the sideline with disbelief when TimDuncan makes an unbelievable shot over him -- like Phil Jackson can do anything about it. Enough already with the grimaces, just play.

Odom, meanwhile, is one for 10 at one stretch and a disaster at the free-throw line. Would someone please tell him he has no balance at the free-throw line. He begins with legs spread, and then just before shooting takes away his own base, accounting for every wobbly attempt. No excuse, none, for the way he shoots free throws.

If someone locates Fisher, I suspect Vladimir Radmanovic will be with him. My guess, they're out to lunch.

Too bad they didn't take Vujacic with them. He would have had the same amount of threes in the game had he not come to the arena.

Bryant shoots one free and misses. Holy Utah, what's with that?

I swear, even the Spurs' cheerleaders are looking better than the Laker Girls, a 49-point swing from Friday to Sunday here, some drama, and a series that is no longer boring.

Isn't it great? One more loss here, and how much fun would it be returning to Staples Center, the best of three against the defending champions, Lakers fans a little nervous, and now that's entertainment.

The Lakers winning it all in the end, of course, or someone is really going to have to rip into the bums.

CubanMustGo
05-26-2008, 09:03 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96883

lefty
05-26-2008, 09:03 AM
I'm not from San Anton', but you can't disrespect a city the way he did.

Unless it's Salt Lake City :D

GrandeDavid
05-26-2008, 09:09 AM
Even if it were pro-Spurs that's a very poorly written, rambling article. D-.

Well, I just think its cheap to insult cultures and national history, however playful or not. Its self-degrading to do that. It just seems like he's desperate to throw out something different that'll seem witty, and he's pressured by the deadline. Its like he's thinking "oh, I'll be a genius and sneak on the back of Mark Cuban's 2003 crack about the dirty Riverwalk". He ends up looking unoriginal and like a jerk. I agree, it does ramble. But then again, so do my posts, so who am I to criticize that point. :lol

NoMoneyDown
05-26-2008, 09:10 AM
Well, I just think its cheap to insult cultures and national history, however playful or not. Its self-degrading to do that. It just seems like he's desperate to throw out something different that'll seem witty, and he's pressured by the deadline. Its like he's thinking "oh, I'll be a genius and sneak on the back of Mark Cuban's 2003 crack about the dirty Riverwalk". He ends up looking unoriginal and like a jerk. I agree, it does ramble. But then again, so do my posts, so who am I to criticize that point. :lol

+1

SPARKY
05-26-2008, 09:11 AM
eh, that's just his schtick.

PacerFan
05-26-2008, 09:32 AM
Where do they find these guys at? That is terrible journalism.

DarrinS
05-26-2008, 09:34 AM

This guy is a freakin idiot. Sasha played some pretty good defense on Manu at times, and Manu just made some incredible shots. Also, Timmy's shot over Sasha was a lucky shot, and that, after Sasha manned up pretty decently on Tim.

Fat Bones
05-26-2008, 09:35 AM
At least he puts some righteous digs throughout. He nailed Kobe's supporting cast.

"Those who can't criticize those who do."

Take it for what it is, tomorrow's birdcage bottom liner.

TampaDude
05-26-2008, 09:44 AM
What a fucktard...

PlayoffEx-static
05-26-2008, 11:17 AM
DO NOT email him, and DO NOT follow the link. That just lets his bosses know that people read this shit.

lefty
05-26-2008, 11:22 AM
DO NOT email him, and DO NOT follow the link. That just lets his bosses know that people read this shit.

Are you sure?

I emailed a famous Dallas sportswriter to blast his Mavs :D, and he replied.

PlayoffEx-static
05-26-2008, 11:37 AM
Are you sure?

I emailed a famous Dallas sportswriter to blast his Mavs :D, and he replied.

You think he and his boss didn't surmise that you had read the article by emailing him? What they want is hits and responses. If you give it to them, they'll keep shoveling the same shit.

pauls931
05-26-2008, 11:40 AM
I can't believe this guy has a job! And what an absolute ingrade for making a ridiculous crack at a national monument.

Even Mark Cuban avoided mocking the Alamo when he badmouthed the riverwalk a couple years back. I've visitted the Alamo twice since I moved to texas and even though it's small, what it repressents is huge in regards to a fighting spirit.

BTW Texas, thanks for not knocking out my windows or slashing my tires for having a suns license plate bracket.

Lakers Dynasty
05-26-2008, 11:53 AM
That is Simers typical, standard column.

You guys get so twisted because he makes fun of the Alamo and the River.

Boo-hoo.

In the same article, he also dumped on Odom, Gasol, Fisher, Sasha, Radmanovic, the Dodgers organization and their general manager.

That part didn't seem to bother you.

But make a reference to a car company being named after a battle LOST, and somehow that just crosses the line.

You'd think champions would have thicker skin.

century
05-26-2008, 12:12 PM
Of course Simers hates San Antonio and everything associated with San Antonio. Clear Channel took him off the air last fall in LA where he had a show on KLAC and it still hurts big time. It just so happens that Clear Channel is a San Antonio company and its founders and top dogs live in San Antonio.

As far as I am concerned, Simers can eat shit.

BTW, Simers is the same dude who got concerned about some billboards of Maria Sharapova that, according to him, encouraged men to think "sexually" of then 17 yo. Sharapova. If I recall correctly, he was the only one to have this concern in LA media...

Jimcs50
05-26-2008, 12:43 PM
Holy cow. I did not realize that you Spurs fans lacked any shred of acumen when it comes to sarcasm and tongue in cheek wit.

This is funny stuff. You really think he was dissing the Alamo??? The part about the riverwalk and sitting at a table watching the trash float by was simply a brilliant piece of observational humor.

Damn, you guys are making us Texans look like a bunch of humorless podunks. Lighten up, for God's sake.

:rolleyes

Dopey310
05-26-2008, 12:53 PM
Simers is a fucken hack. He writes for sensationalism only.

kobe_mvp_24
05-26-2008, 12:55 PM
i love that article

Budkin
05-26-2008, 01:09 PM
Simers... another winner. Don't you remember this guy writing shit about us several years back?

FromWayDowntown
05-26-2008, 01:31 PM
I'm becoming less and less stunned at the widespread inability to "get" this sort of sarcasm. I should post Jonathan Swift's "A Modest Proposal" in the Political forum and just wait to see how many start screaming for him to be arrested and all sorts of other things.

Simers' point wasn't to say bad things about San Antonio, and he's extremely complimentary of the Spurs you might note -- the point about Ginobili making no excuses after Games 1 and 2 is pure respect. His point, it seems to me, was entirely about the Lakers; it's hard to tell precisely what his argument is, but it does seem to be almost mocking the idea that a Lakers/Celtics Finals is inevitable, because the Lakers themselves might prove to be their own worst enemies.

Jimcs50
05-26-2008, 01:50 PM
I'm becoming less and less stunned at the widespread inability to "get" this sort of sarcasm. I should post Jonathan Swift's "A Modest Proposal" in the Political forum and just wait to see how many start screaming for him to be arrested and all sorts of other things. .

:lol

You need to give them more credit....comparing calling the Alamo nothing but a car rental agency and making a satirical article for the selling of poor one year old children to rich people to eat is pretty easy to distinguish, even for podunk Texans.

Solid D
05-26-2008, 02:01 PM
I don't fall asleep reading articles butttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt:sleep

FromWayDowntown
05-26-2008, 02:06 PM

You need to give them more credit....comparing calling the Alamo nothing but a car rental agency and making a satirical article for the selling of poor one year old children to rich people to eat is pretty easy to distinguish, even for podunk Texans.

It was an exaggeration. I do see the point.

Taken out of context on TrueHoop this morning, I actually had the same reaction.

Mikeyjr88
05-26-2008, 02:06 PM
Hes obviously never been to San Antonio.

bonzi_isaspurskiller
05-26-2008, 02:23 PM

Obviously you have never been then.

bonzi_isaspurskiller
05-26-2008, 02:24 PM
Hes obviously never been to San Antonio.

Really? I have and agree with everyword. Shit I would have used even harsher words. :rolleyes

bonzi_isaspurskiller
05-26-2008, 02:25 PM

This man speaks the truth!

TDfan2007
05-26-2008, 02:40 PM
Poorly written article. It's his attempt to be funny, not to be serious. Too bad he doesn't understand how to manipulate tone in writing...

lefty
05-26-2008, 02:41 PM
Obviously you have never been then.

And I've never been there either

TDfan2007
05-26-2008, 02:42 PM
I'm becoming less and less stunned at the widespread inability to "get" this sort of sarcasm. I should post Jonathan Swift's "A Modest Proposal" in the Political forum and just wait to see how many start screaming for him to be arrested and all sorts of other things.

Simers' point wasn't to say bad things about San Antonio, and he's extremely complimentary of the Spurs you might note -- the point about Ginobili making no excuses after Games 1 and 2 is pure respect. His point, it seems to me, was entirely about the Lakers; it's hard to tell precisely what his argument is, but it does seem to be almost mocking the idea that a Lakers/Celtics Finals is inevitable, because the Lakers themselves might prove to be their own worst enemies.

He just kind of rambles. THere doesn't seem to be a point to his article. Almost like a bad comedian on cocain.

dbreiden83080
05-26-2008, 02:58 PM
This fucking hack has a job writing for the LA Times, what a joke, how did this crap get published???

Commissioner Stern
05-26-2008, 03:00 PM
Wow. You guys just don't get it.

200 miles
05-26-2008, 03:06 PM
:vomit:- t.j. simers

Lakers4Life84
05-26-2008, 03:12 PM
simers is an idiot. all of his articles are negative, even when things are going well. he wrote an article during the jazz series talking about how the nba was making it too obvious that they were rigging the series. some of his articles are funny, but overall i hate them and his sole purpose is just to tick people off.

BiZNicK
05-26-2008, 03:14 PM
They should have said...

Spurs are setting up the stage similar to the 2004 WCF's. An 0-2 deficit turning into a 4 game streak to reverse the series 4-2.

But this time......The winner (spurs) won't lose to Detriot in the finals..

What better way to take out the Lakers in the west finals then the way they took us out in 04. :toast

balli
05-26-2008, 03:16 PM

Suck on my ball sack Lefty! I guarantee Utah's a cooler place to live than fucking beady-eyed Canada... or San Antonio for that matter.

I thought it was an unprofessional attack of an article. Nevertheless it was hilarious and true.

200 miles
05-26-2008, 03:19 PM
that dumb fairy Simers repeatedly stated and practically guaranteed, as a regular panelist on Around the Horn, that the Lakers would roll over the Spurs back in '03 and from the day after the Spurs won that series and then on forward, Simers mysteriously disappeared from the show

I wonder why.....

lefty
05-26-2008, 03:23 PM
Suck on my ball sack Lefty! I guarantee Utah's a cooler place to live than fucking beady-eyed Canada... or San Antonio for that matter.

I thought it was an unprofessional attack of an article. Nevertheless it was hilarious and true.

Sorry for the offense :p:

I depends on the city in Canada.....

Come to Montreal, you'll have a good time

balli
05-26-2008, 03:30 PM
Come to Montreal, you'll have a good time

Probably (I've only seen BC and it was awesome), but still, don't talk shit on Utah. The entire state is hands-down the coolest geographic boundary on Earth.

http://www.photoseek.com/03AZ-04-31-TheWave.jpg

lefty
05-26-2008, 03:32 PM
Probably (I've only seen BC and it was awesome), but still, don't talk shit on Utah. The entire state is hands-down the coolest geographic boundary on Earth.

http://www.photoseek.com/03AZ-04-31-TheWave.jpg

Ok then :toast

SpurOutofTownFan
05-26-2008, 04:23 PM
I didn't read the whole thing - this guy is pretty mistaken about a lot of stuff just to say something.

This guy is now in San Antonio? well you know what you have to do.

Tyler_Durden
05-26-2008, 04:38 PM
Where do these LA assholes get off dissin my city like that.

The Alamo is named after a rental car company? What shitty fucking humor that is. He makes the riverwalk sound like a cesspool with just tons of garbage floating on it. I bet he has never even seen the place.

If you don't like the basketball team, fine. But don't talk shit about where i live, fuckface. You don't know shit about San Antonio.

ferg
05-26-2008, 05:05 PM
what i think is funny is people that have the sacramento kings as their team talk trash about s.a. sacramento is one of the biggest shitholes in all of california, along with fresno, and stockton.... what is in sacramento, the river cats? arden fair? i think there was a basketball team there but i heard they are on the way out the door. oh, the state fair is at cal expo prolly one of the coolest things you guys have going for you!

SpursFan0728
05-26-2008, 05:09 PM
Bull shit article

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-26-2008, 05:27 PM
LA Times' Mark Kiszla

unforeseen
05-26-2008, 05:33 PM
T.J. Simers is a hack. I live in L.A. and have to endure his garbage. He was hired to do a morning sports talk radio awhile back before it was suddenly cancelled due to poor ratings (Dan Patrick took over).

He spend a quarter of the show trying to hook up his ugly daughter with any primate that would take her. Fortunately, no takers...we do not need anymore Simers' offspring.

That is his MO, write hateful things to try to make people pissed off. Works sometimes but I still wish he would endure a fiery death.

Mamba24
05-26-2008, 05:44 PM
LOL. TJ Simers is an ass, even Laker fans know that. He is kind of funny though. Many people aren't fond of San Antonio, it's a little too po-dunkish for me but hey...it's whatever.

DazedAndConfused
05-26-2008, 05:45 PM
what i think is funny is people that have the sacramento kings as their team talk trash about s.a. sacramento is one of the biggest shitholes in all of california, along with fresno, and stockton.... what is in sacramento, the river cats? arden fair? i think there was a basketball team there but i heard they are on the way out the door. oh, the state fair is at cal expo prolly one of the coolest things you guys have going for you!

I don't think someone living in San Antonio, TX is in a position to talk city smack.

timmydidit
05-26-2008, 06:08 PM
weak article weak writer

century
05-26-2008, 08:29 PM
I don't think someone living in San Antonio, TX is in a position to talk city smack.

I live in Austin (since 2006) and Corona Del Mar (since 1997), and I used to live in Alamo Heights (2001-2005) and I have to disagree. And somehow I have a feeling that you live in an area that puts you in no position to talk like that.

One can always tell, whether in San Antonio or LA.

cobbler
05-26-2008, 08:50 PM
Holy cow. I did not realize that you Spurs fans lacked any shred of acumen when it comes to sarcasm and tongue in cheek wit.

This is funny stuff. You really think he was dissing the Alamo??? The part about the riverwalk and sitting at a table watching the trash float by was simply a brilliant piece of observational humor.

Damn, you guys are making us Texans look like a bunch of humorless podunks. Lighten up, for God's sake.

Exactly! Simmers is a page two guy for the LA Times. He writes with toung in cheek sarcasm about everything! He disses the Dodgers, the Trojans, and every other home team the very same way. You should read his articles on Kobe. Geeeeez guys, Lighten up.

ferg
05-26-2008, 09:06 PM

actually guy, i live in roseville, im a san antonio native. i have lived in the sacramento area for the last 5.5 yrs, so yes i CAN talk city smack!

SPARKY
05-26-2008, 09:13 PM
Yes, Angelenos, San Antonio and Austin are horrible places to live. You might as well stop moving here.

ClingingMars
05-26-2008, 09:30 PM

not all Spurs fans live in SA. but then again, a dumbass like youself wouldn't be able to comprehend this.

- Mars

Avitus1
05-26-2008, 10:04 PM
Clearly comedy.... if it could be called that is not his strong point.

Tyler_Durden
05-26-2008, 11:37 PM

Shut the Fuck up Jeff.

You don't know a god damn thing about this city.

All you know is what you've been fed by media parasites.

SPARKY
05-26-2008, 11:38 PM
Shut the Fuck up Jeff.

You don't know a god damn thing about this city.

All you know is what you've been fed by media parasites.

The odd thing is, he lives in Houston...

acidsmoke86
05-27-2008, 12:00 AM
nice article.

TD=old&busted
05-27-2008, 12:04 AM
LA > Phx > Dallas > Salt Lake > Houston > sa (citywise)

ImmortalD24
05-27-2008, 12:06 AM
It's T.J. Simers, he's a jackass.

SPARKY
05-27-2008, 12:09 AM
LA > Phx > Dallas > Salt Lake > Houston > sa (assholewise)

SPARKY
05-27-2008, 12:09 AM
Actually, LA and Dallas would be tied in that department.

milkyway21
05-27-2008, 02:15 AM

I can feel this guy's actually afraid of the Spurs. He even predicted another Spurs win:

-------------------------
Best of 3?
:tu to his LA fans being nervous. :lol

BTW, Pau Gasol is soft, I may add.

heymanooh1
05-27-2008, 02:26 AM
People in SA are so obese they can't fornicate with another human being and have to have a bovine or porcine sex partner just so there's enough fat and mass content to cushion their lard ass.