PDA

View Full Version : Why everybody give so little credit to TD?

Josepatches
05-26-2008, 09:03 AM
Of course he is the best player of tha last ten years and we expect more from him every night but if Nash has 17 points 12 assist then he is NBA MVP while if TD makes 20-20 in the series then he isn't playing very good
That's the same of the last NBA Finals.TP was great but TD was at 19pt and 11 reb and nobody said he has to be MVP too.This year a lot of people said Manu is the MVP of the team.If Phoenix had won the NBA in the past Nash could be the MVP although Amare made 25ppg.TP deserves the MVP Finals and Manu was great this season but I am tired of not recognizing the work of TD.
TD has to score more than 20 to people said he plays good when Camby or Ben Wallace are great with 15 reb 3 blk.

I guess basketball is not only score except when TD plays
Maybe that's the problem to be as greatness as he

lefty
05-26-2008, 09:13 AM
Usually, TD gives me credit cards.

Wait, you mean Duncan?

I've lost interest

Martin R
05-26-2008, 09:15 AM
TD is a Hall of Famer. The main reason why Spurs are what they are today.

is there anything else you need to say about him?

nikegirl
05-26-2008, 09:21 AM
I agree with you. And I absolutely hate it when people claim "Manu should've been finals mvp", Parker deserved it more than Duncan, etc. Because they just don't see how more important TD was to the team especially during those finals runs.

Sure, Manu and Parker deserve credit for the Spurs' success in those finals runs but cmon, Tim Duncan is still the most instrumental piece on the team. Even if he didn't score as much as Parker, he led the team in all the other categories. While in 05, as inconsistent in scoring as he was, Manu also had very subpar games like that 7-point game in Detroit whereas even if Tim did not shoot well, he did all the other things a little better than Manu like rebounding like hell and being the anchor of the team's defense.

Tim is definitely underappreciated by most people, even Spurs fans.

PacerFan
05-26-2008, 09:27 AM
Who is under appreciating Duncan? He is without a doubt one of the top 10 players ever, and maybe top 5 when he hangs them up.

nikegirl
05-26-2008, 09:35 AM
Who is under appreciating Duncan? He is without a doubt one of the top 10 players ever, and maybe top 5 when he hangs them up.

underappreciated not underrated. maybe that got you confused.

polandprzem
05-26-2008, 09:36 AM
It's not time to talk about it. There is still mission to accomplish.

And we take Tim for granted, that's it.

Strike
05-26-2008, 09:40 AM
Tim Duncan isn't flashy, loud or blowhardy. He quietly goes about being the centerpiece of the most successful basketball team since the lockout. After 10 years, Spurs fans have come to expect it. He doesn't campaign for credit, he doesn't pound his chest, he doesn't scream or clap powder into the air, he just goes out and does his job. Maybe he doesn't get the credit he deserves from outside the city of San Antonio, but Spurs fans know where their bread is buttered.

On the shoulders of Tim Duncan.

themvp
05-26-2008, 09:47 AM
People take it for granted.

m33p0
05-26-2008, 10:26 AM
he is like the air you breath. you don't know how much you need it until it is taken away from you.

michaelwcho
05-26-2008, 10:42 AM
he is like the air you breath. you don't know how much you need it until it is taken away from you.

He is like gravity. You don't notice Him, but if He were gone, we would all float away and die a horrible death in space, half our bodies frozen at near-absolute zero, the other half burnt to an unrecognizable crisp.

kobe_mvp_24
05-26-2008, 01:04 PM
kobe is the best player in the last 10 years dumbass..but if ur talkin about who has more rings than horry is the best player in the last 10 years dipshit

mrspurs
05-26-2008, 02:00 PM
ask yourself why you take it personal when one of our players gets a little love and right away you jump and defend to the other players who didnt.......i bet you run a horrible kitchen...........life is good.......go spurs go

Josepatches
05-27-2008, 12:33 PM
kobe is the best player in the last 10 years dumbass..but if ur talkin about who has more rings than horry is the best player in the last 10 years dipshit

:lol:lol If you had said Shaq but Kobe..:lol:lol:lol
I guess Kobe is better than MJ because he scores 81 too
The best player of the world but he didn't win anything without Shaq.Kobe is the best player to make 40 points but he is far away to be as greatness as TD.
I'm tired of Laker's dumbass fans.Don't they have forums?

Medvedenko
05-27-2008, 12:35 PM
TD is playing great this playoffs especially against the lake show. You can't take away his accomplishments.

gameFACE
05-27-2008, 01:00 PM
Tim's personality and small market team doesn't lend itself to being attractive to the media. But if he were on the Celtics and had won championships there everyone would be riding his jock strap and praising him as the "quiet assasin" or something cheeky.

And Bill Russell wouldn't have to promise Tim one of his rings in case he didn't win a championship but did a good job.................
:lmao

LakerLanny
05-27-2008, 01:00 PM

You are kidding right?

Rummpd
05-27-2008, 02:01 PM

Wrong = the best player in the last 10 years is Duncan >>> KOBE. More MVPs, more titles, more finals MVPs, more first team All NBA - more importantly the most important player on a team that has a historic winning percentage (tops in history for any major league team, any sport!)

Medvedenko
05-27-2008, 02:08 PM
Wrong = the best player in the last 10 years is Duncan >>> KOBE. More MVPs, more titles, more finals MVPs, more first team All NBA - more importantly the most important player on a team that has a historic winning percentage (tops in history for any major league team, any sport!)

Doc...why take the bait....he's clearly an uninformed child.