PDA

View Full Version : Not the best, not the worst (Ginobili)

Palio18
05-26-2008, 09:29 AM
First of all, excuse my poor english, but my native tongue is spanish.

I am a little concerned about some fanīs point of view regarding the team and more specially Ginobili.
When he plays like yesterday, all i read is he is the clutch, he is Super Manu, he is the Mvp and that kind of things.
When he misses, like 2 first games against the lakers he needs to go to the bench, send Barry in, please Manu take a sit and bla bla bla.

Why cant we understand that overall he is a very good player but he aint gonna save all the games, or make all the 3s like yesterday?
When Tim misses his shots its the same thing.
The same with parker (and i must admit i dont like his selfish game style).

Come on guys, we are playing the finals. Those 3 guys brought us here . Fab with his loussy defense, finley who now is God and some time ago he was hated by everybody.

Bottom line is: We are playing the finals, come on. We have a great team and those guys are gonna do their best to win.
So lets support them and stop whining about our team

MaNuMaNiAc
05-26-2008, 09:30 AM
:lol welcome to Spurstalk. Its not a Ginobili thing by the way. Every player in this team is thrown under the bus here every so often. Its a ritual. Spurstalkers are equal opportunity haters.

Kriz-Maxima
05-26-2008, 09:35 AM
So you like Manu but not Parker...interesting. :stirpot:

Palio18
05-26-2008, 11:18 AM
I ll tell you why

I admit that in a good night, Parker can score a lot by making hugue baskets.
But he has a big problem. He doesnt pass the ball. He gets the ball and tries to make the basket himself, and if he cant, he passes teh ball with few seconds left.
On the other hand, Ginobili assists fast, and that gives the receiver more time to make his play.

Now, please, dont answer by showing one gameīs statistic, you know as well as i do what i am talking about.

Parker, Ginobili, Duncan they all brought us here, so basicaly i support them all

MaNuMaNiAc
05-26-2008, 11:36 AM
I ll tell you why

I admit that in a good night, Parker can score a lot by making hugue baskets.
But he has a big problem. He doesnt pass the ball. He gets the ball and tries to make the basket himself, and if he cant, he passes teh ball with few seconds left.
On the other hand, Ginobili assists fast, and that gives the receiver more time to make his play.

Now, please, dont answer by showing one gameīs statistic, you know as well as i do what i am talking about.

Parker, Ginobili, Duncan they all brought us here, so basicaly i support them all

I love that you didn't realize Kriz-Maxima up there was making a joke :lol and even more that you've shown your ignorance because of it

ShoogarBear
05-26-2008, 11:41 AM
:lol

This guy is actually bringing a balanced take. He's saying that Ginobili isn't God, that Parker is a pass-first point guard, and the Spurs need all three.

however, this series more than ever it's the Big Four, not the Big Three.

Emanuel20
05-26-2008, 11:43 AM
:lol

This guy is actually bringing a balanced take. He's saying that Ginobili isn't God, that Parker is a pass-first point guard, and the Spurs need all three.

however, this series more than ever it's the Big Four, not the Big Three.

I say it's the big 12 but...

jag
05-26-2008, 11:51 AM
The same with parker (and i must admit i dont like his selfish game style).

whoa...easy now.

FoxMulder
05-26-2008, 01:36 PM
So you like Manu but not Parker...interesting. :stirpot:

We argies came from FIBA basket and Point guard in Fiba plays putting some order in the team and making assists his priority not his second or third choice after his own shot. Plus they have a solid 3 point shoot.
Like Jacikevicius, or Montecchia

Mostly is the SG who makes more shots and less assists...
Power foward and Center make plays more with his feet and jumpshot and not with his physicall play...

Is the reason why some people here isnīt accustomed to see players like Parker, but he fits perfect in Spurs style... and is improving his jumpshot Props to him and Engeland...

LakerHater
05-26-2008, 01:43 PM
Actually I'd like to see Tony Parker drive the ball more and fast break off the rebound!! The reason for this is that noone I mean NOONE can stay in front of him!!!