PDA

View Full Version : First Take

Russ
05-26-2008, 09:40 AM
For those Spurs fans with the day off, you might want to check out the Spurs-Lakers coverage ion ESPN2's "First Take" this morning. I saw the first 20 minutes and it re-airs at 11:00 a.m. SA time.

If you tune in, you can watch unabashed Spurs lover Skip Bayless expound about "my Spurs" as he analyzes the series. He does this every morning after a Spurs playoff game and some of his takes are quite insightful. (Also refreshing to see a national media guy so solidly in the Spurs corner.)

Before Skip, you can watch Mike Monroe and LA TV/radio sportscaster John Ireland discuss the series in a remote broadcast from SA. Monroe discusses the healing qualities of the hot tub in Manu's back yard.

Good stuff if you get a chance.

TampaDude
05-26-2008, 09:59 AM
That's noon Eastern Time, then...I'll check it out...thanks! :toast

xtremesteven33
05-26-2008, 10:17 AM
Skip Bayless is the the MAN!!!

nuff said

bigdog
05-26-2008, 11:12 AM
Skip is a badass, except when he talks about TO, but that's besides the point Lol.
Skip always supports the Spurs.

DazedAndConfused
05-26-2008, 11:20 AM
Skip is a tool.

Man of Steel
05-26-2008, 11:30 AM
Skip was fantastic.

Emanuel20
05-26-2008, 12:20 PM
Yeah, I watched it!
Skip said that someone else needs to step up in game 4 not named Manu for us to win. Since he believes that Manu's game 3 performances was just because he is such a competitor and was "willing" his shots to the basket.

I pretty much agree but if Manu can be aggressive and attacking the basket as well as Tony, which can provide open shots and if we can knock the down, hopefully we can win.

ATXSPUR
05-26-2008, 12:25 PM
I have mixed feelings about bayless. He loves the Spurs but in 2005 he bashed Vince Young and the Longhorns uncontrollably. That's not cool.

K-State Spur
05-26-2008, 12:27 PM
eh, skip called the Spurs boring for years.

just because he's turned in their favor now, i'm not coming back.

PacerFan
05-26-2008, 12:29 PM
I like skip as he never tries to be too politically correct. Don't get me wrong, he leaves me dumbfounded at times, but I respect him more than the writers who throw lame stuff out there all the time to not piss anyone off.

MadDog73
05-26-2008, 12:30 PM
I think Skip just likes being contrary. If everyone was rooting for the Spurs, he'd be for the Lakers!

Russ
05-26-2008, 12:42 PM
I think Skip just likes being contrary. If everyone was rooting for the Spurs, he'd be for the Lakers!

Inaccurate. He's been calling the Spurs "my Spurs" every morning on that show for two years now. (Not that anyone watches that show but me.)

xtremesteven33
05-26-2008, 12:47 PM
Inaccurate. He's been calling the Spurs "my Spurs" every morning on that show for two years now. (Not that anyone watches that show but me.)

i watch skip on 1st and 10 religiously...sad to say

jag
05-26-2008, 12:49 PM
I have mixed feelings about bayless. He loves the Spurs but in 2005 he bashed Vince Young and the Longhorns uncontrollably. That's not cool.

Everyone up here in TN is getting tired of VY's mediocrity.

xtremesteven33
05-26-2008, 12:51 PM
from what ive seen Skip Bayless says that Vince Young will be the "michael jordan" of the NFL. that is his clutchness

jag
05-26-2008, 12:55 PM
from what ive seen Skip Bayless says that Vince Young will be the "michael jordan" of the NFL. that is his clutchness

He's far from it. He's more like the second coming of Michael Vick...minus the whole dog thing....Athletic and overhyped.

O-Factor
05-26-2008, 12:58 PM

Yeah, I love the way he defends the Spurs, but he was on the USC hype machine and really went after the Horns.

And his obsession with T.O. is quite childish.

But he is pretty entertaining and makes some good points along with his asinine points.

IronMexican
05-26-2008, 12:58 PM
He's a Duncan Lover and a Kobe hater, but the only person he hates more than kobe is bron.

DazedAndConfused
05-26-2008, 01:01 PM
LMAO at Spur fan thinking Skip Bayless isn't a media hack just because he likes the Spurs.

jag
05-26-2008, 01:03 PM
He's a Duncan Lover and a Kobe hater, but the only person he hates more than kobe is bron.

It's hilarious hearing him talk about Lebron, he goes off on how much he thinks bron is overrated. Watching Kobe after seeing Lebron so much against the spurs last year...i tend to agree with him.

Kobe is on a different level than the "stars" of other teams, there's no comparing him to Lebron...it's not even close.

O-Factor
05-26-2008, 01:10 PM
LMAO at Spur fan thinking Skip Bayless isn't a media hack just because he likes the Spurs.

LMAO @ laker fan girl ^ here who thinks you are a media hack just because you respect and like the Spurs.

IronMexican
05-26-2008, 01:12 PM
Sorry, but he is a bit of a hack, not because of his spur love, but constant hatred towards kobe and bron.

mrspurs
05-26-2008, 01:58 PM
skip and every other espn mouth is just plain dumb shows......if you have 30 or so minutes to waste, watch the espn talk shows.....might as well watch idol or dance with the stars....all a bunch of mickey mouse crap......you would get more information on cnn's sports coverage.....but thats just me...i dont waste my time with talk shows...life is good......go spurs go

ATXSPUR
05-26-2008, 02:21 PM
Everyone up here in TN is getting tired of VY's mediocrity.

he took a team with two wins when he got there to the playoffs in his second year!! and his receivers get NO seperation. he's doing much better than i thought he would this early.

care to remember how the great super bowl winning qb Troy Aikman started his career? he went 1-15!!

Mr.Franchize
05-26-2008, 03:58 PM

that is exactly what he does...