PDA

View Full Version : Pau Gasol Postgame Quotes

1Parker1
05-26-2008, 10:04 AM
Pau Gasol

On their offensive struggles - “I think it was more our fault than their credit. They did a good job contesting shots and trying to protect their rim, but we didn’t finish. We should have finished much better than we did tonight, especially by the rim. We were not strong enough, decisive enough, aggressive enough to be able to finish those plays, because we are not going to get the benefit of the doubt on any calls. We just have to go out there and finish no matter what”
On the difference between games in LA and tonight - “We let them control the tempo of the game. They played too comfortably for most of the game. We let their shooters get going, and they feel more comfortable and they feel better at their place. Unfortunately we couldn’t catch them after the second quarter, and we jut didn’t play good enough.”

On Duncan’s performance - “We disappointed. We’re upset about it. He didn’t shoot the ball well…7 for 18…which is okay…but the fact that he got 21 rebounds really bothered me. I’ll try to do a much better job on that in Game 4.”

On the Spurs’ overall performance - “They played well. They played their game. They played how they play…unselfish and they move the ball well. We didn’t do a good job moving the ball and sharing the ball the way we usually do. We missed shots that we usually make, and we didn’t finish the way we usually finish. It’s more our fault than their credit.”

xtremesteven33
05-26-2008, 10:12 AM
Stupid Spainard

trjons
05-26-2008, 10:12 AM
Horry said the same thing.

Lakers missed a lot of open shots and layups.

Spurs will have to play better to make this a series.

Southwest Texas Fan
05-26-2008, 10:13 AM
:rolleyes

lefty
05-26-2008, 10:16 AM
Nowitzki was right.

Gasol is a piece of shit

sa_butta
05-26-2008, 10:17 AM

Just like the Spurs did in games 1 & 2.

I also noticed that when the game got closer to the end Kobe was not really trying to get his team involved. He tried to take over and win it by himself. It could have been alot closer had he gotten everyone else involved. Kobe is actually more scary when he is passing the ball and the rest of the team is hitting their shots.

bonesinaz
05-26-2008, 10:17 AM
Pau is just keeping with the Phil Jackson tradition of not giving credit to the team that beat them. He has been doing it for years.

Doctor J
05-26-2008, 10:19 AM
Like coach, like player...

tmtcsc
05-26-2008, 10:22 AM
Phil actually gave us credit. Pau Gasol is big Charmin Bear.

Whisky Dog
05-26-2008, 10:24 AM
Basically what he said holds true for the loser of every game this series. Nothing new.

pawe
05-26-2008, 10:30 AM
TD will take care of him on game 4 and make him realize the Spurs are better in everything they will do for that game.

AnonymousMavsFan
05-26-2008, 10:32 AM
Nowitzki was right.

Gasol is a piece of shit

What exactly did Dirk say?

DEVILS SON IN LAW
05-26-2008, 10:34 AM
did you stoopid asses see the same game!? the lakers missed ALOT of open shots, and freethrows and they could not finish at the rim! They also had alot of calls go their way..example, sasha's fighting thru a pick and is called for a foul..The Spurs did what they were supposed to do to stay alive. i hoped the lakers would win, but i knew the Spurs would be emotionally charged and ready to go. you guys have such big egos that you get pissed when a player gives his opinion of the game you have to make racist comments about being a "Stupid Spainard"..what the fuck is that??

SPARKY
05-26-2008, 10:36 AM
So he isn't a "Spainard"?

That's a nationality, BTW...

DEVILS SON IN LAW
05-26-2008, 10:44 AM
Pau is just keeping with the Phil Jackson tradition of not giving credit to the team that beat them. He has been doing it for years.

Credit? dude! you won 1 freakin game...tie the series up then you can get the "Credit" that you speak of. The lakers don't give credit to teams in games where THEY performed poorly. if the lakers played their best and got beat or dominated, then you have to give credit where credit is due...this didn't happen last night..I KNOW you guys were shitting a brick where the lakers seemed to had some control at the begining. if you guys would've had another piss poor shooting performance, you would've lost that game. your shots fell last night. you guys remind me of General Zod from the Superman movie..you want the praise, "Kneel Before ZOD!!" lol..nah ain't gonna happen.

DEVILS SON IN LAW
05-26-2008, 10:46 AM
So he isn't a "Spainard"?

That's a nationality, BTW...

Thanks for the geography lesson..It's still wrong.

FromWayDowntown
05-26-2008, 10:47 AM
One team in this series has been able to build 20 point leads in multiple games.

FromWayDowntown
05-26-2008, 10:48 AM

He is a Spaniard. And when he says something stupid, he makes himself a stupid Spaniard. There's nothing "racist" about that -- Spaniard isn't a race; calling someone an Dumb American wouldn't be racist either.

Whisky Dog
05-26-2008, 10:49 AM
Laker fans are too dramatic. Like women.

trjons
05-26-2008, 10:50 AM
One team in this series has been able to build 20 point leads in multiple games.

Meaningless stat. Kenny Smith was really reaching to find something good to say about San Antonio when he pulled that one up.

The Spurs 20 point lead in Game 1 is about as meaningless as Utah's 37-4 homecourt record about now.

SouthernFried
05-26-2008, 10:50 AM

I'll take the SPURS playing EXACTLY how they played last game.

But, please...continue :)

Whisky Dog
05-26-2008, 10:51 AM
Im a Spaniard and I approve the "stupid" label in this case.

DEVILS SON IN LAW
05-26-2008, 10:53 AM

so what? try coming back from 20 to win a game that you've been controlled in for 4 qtrs.

SPARKY
05-26-2008, 10:54 AM

:tu

Without a doubt. When their favorite team wins they come to this forum asking for confirmation that their team is good (aka do you really think he likes me?).

When their favorite team loses, then superbitch appears (why didn't you...?).

And, of course, they fawn over a man who treats women like shit.

FromWayDowntown
05-26-2008, 10:54 AM
Meaningless stat. Kenny Smith was really reaching to find something good to say about San Antonio when he pulled that one up.

The Spurs 20 point lead in Game 1 is about as meaningless as Utah's 37-4 homecourt record about now.

I'm not saying it proves anything, other than the notion that the Spurs are capable of playing well against the Lakers, which is a crucial fact to trying to win the series. I didn't know that Kenny had said that, but it's certainly a true statement at this point.

Please forgive me if I'm looking for reasons to believe that my team will win this series; I suppose you would have me just give up or something?

SPARKY
05-26-2008, 10:56 AM
I'm not saying it proves anything, other than the notion that the Spurs are capable of playing well against the Lakers, which is a crucial fact to trying to win the series. I didn't know that Kenny had said that, but it's certainly a true statement at this point.

Please forgive me if I'm looking for reasons to believe that my team will win this series; I suppose you would have me just give up or something?

How could you post something positive about the Spurs in a Spurs fan forum? Incredible.

FromWayDowntown
05-26-2008, 11:02 AM
How could you post something positive about the Spurs in a Spurs fan forum? Incredible.

This is the Lakers we're talking about; fans of teams facing the Lakers should NEVER have any optimism -- it's entirely unfounded and completely ridiculous.

urunobili
05-26-2008, 11:03 AM
Nowitzki was right.

Gasol is a piece of shit

:tu

gameFACE
05-26-2008, 11:05 AM
Stupid Spaniard isn't too different than Kobe saying (about Manu's performance) "it was all those Argentinian flags out there" (of which there were very few).....................

Lighten up.

Anyway, thanks for the motivation, Pau!

trueD
Spurs didn't show well in the box score and they win the game anyhow. Give some credit to the Spurs for holding onto the lead and finishing, despite Kobe's attempt to intimidate with his 3 threes in about as many minutes in the 4th!

Lakers are no longer in charge of this series. Deal with it Laker fans.

T Park
Stupid Spaniard isn't too different than Kobe saying (about Manu's performance) "it was all those Argentinian flags out there" (of which there were very few).....................

Lighten up.

Anyway, thanks for the motivation, Pau!

lighten up?

sigh......

The pussyification of Spurs nation continues...

DazedAndConfused
05-26-2008, 11:06 AM

It is a meaningless stat IMHO. That 20 pt lead in Game 1 had more to do with the Lakers being rusty and out of sync after a 5 day layoff. I think the Lakers managed to cut it down to 6 pts in about 3-4 minutes, which shows what a mirage it was to begin with.

Both teams are capable of playing very well against each other. This series will be all about adjustments, Pop made his adjustments in Game 3. We'll see how Phil counters. Most Laker fans expected SAS to give it their best shot in Game 3......they are the defending champs and they aren't going to be swept and embarrassed like that.

FromWayDowntown
05-26-2008, 11:09 AM
It is a meaningless stat IMHO. That 20 pt lead in Game 1 had more to do with the Lakers being rusty and out of sync after a 5 day layoff. I think the Lakers managed to cut it down to 6 pts in about 3-4 minutes, which shows what a mirage it was to begin with.

Okay. Then if the 20 point lead in Game 1 was meaningless and a mirage, then it must necessarily be true that the Lakers' rally from that mirage of a lead meant very little.

You can't have it both ways.

gameFACE
05-26-2008, 11:10 AM
lighten up?

sigh......

The pussyification of Spurs nation continues...
Coming from one of the shortest fuses known to man.....................

DEVILS SON IN LAW

You "Stupid Spainard" YOU'RE the guys who are getting "Dramatic" over ONE GAME! WAAAHHHH, WAAAAHHH....Nobody gives us credit. TD is the best of all time, manu is god..yada yada yada.:lmao

SPARKY
This is the Lakers we're talking about; fans of teams facing the Lakers should NEVER have any optimism -- it's entirely unfounded and completely ridiculous.

Exactly. Fans of other teams should create awesome forums for them too, apparently.

T Park
05-26-2008, 11:14 AM
Okay. Then if the 20 point lead in Game 1 was meaningless and a mirage, then it must necessarily be true that the Lakers' rally from that mirage of a lead meant very little.

Yuuuuup.

You won't hear or see Laker fan react to that.

ElNono
05-26-2008, 11:14 AM
You "Stupid Spainard" YOU'RE the guys who are getting "Dramatic" over ONE GAME! WAAAHHHH, WAAAAHHH....Nobody gives us credit. TD is the best of all time, manu is god..yada yada yada.:lmao

I bet you have a lot to get off your chest after the last 5 or 6 meaningless years...

lefty
05-26-2008, 11:15 AM
What exactly did Dirk say?

I don't remember exactly.

Can someone answer to that ?

DEVILS SON IN LAW
05-26-2008, 11:16 AM

Exactly! I'm so glad we finally agree on something DTown.:p:

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-26-2008, 11:17 AM

Yeah, what would Kenny know, he's only got a couple of championship rings...

FWD is owning this thread.

And I love seeing those comments from Pau. Ignorance and arrogance are the two things the Spurs love taking advantage of.

Yeah Pau, Tim got 21 rebounds in game 3. In case you hadn't noticed, he had 18 in game 1, 16 in game 2 (in limited minutes). And you're just now admitting the rebounding thing's a problem?

Stupid Spaniard is right.

Banzai
05-26-2008, 11:19 AM

Spurs fans are not?

DazedAndConfused
05-26-2008, 11:19 AM
As far as I'm concerned Game 1 is irrelevant at this point. Do you think it mattered that PHX dominated the Spurs in Game 1 for the most part only to fall short in the end made one bit of difference as the series went on? If anything, it negatively affected their psyche.

Pop made his adjustments in Game 3, we'll see how Phil counters in Game 4.

yaicu2
05-26-2008, 11:21 AM
Credit? dude! you won 1 freakin game...tie the series up then you can get the "Credit" that you speak of. The lakers don't give credit to teams in games where THEY performed poorly. if the lakers played their best and got beat or dominated, then you have to give credit where credit is due...this didn't happen last night..I KNOW you guys were shitting a brick where the lakers seemed to had some control at the begining. if you guys would've had another piss poor shooting performance, you would've lost that game. your shots fell last night. you guys remind me of General Zod from the Superman movie..you want the praise, "Kneel Before ZOD!!" lol..nah ain't gonna happen.

Yeah cause on games 1 and 2 Spurs performed to the top of their game. Credit is Manu finally making his shots, along with jumpers from the rest of the team, that were not made in games 1 and 2. We pissed away game 1, but could it also be a combination of Lakers outscoring the Spurs in the last 17 minutes of the game. Yeah I think so.

If you look at all 3 games, Spurs have held the lakers to very low scroring 1st halfs. That's not Laker basketball. The difference, we made shots this time, and opened up a lead, and opened up the floor. Give credit where credit is due. Lakers got beat, they didn't piss away a 20 point lead like the spurs did in game 1. In fact they didn't piss away anything last night. Pau Gasol is a great player, but he didn't get rebounds, Duncan did. But that's his fault, no credit to Duncan for getting all those rebounds. Dude, fuck Pau, he's a great player, but that was a very stupid comment. Hey but whatever helps the guy sleep at night.

PlayoffEx-static
05-26-2008, 11:22 AM
Just like the Spurs did in games 1 & 2.

I also noticed that when the game got closer to the end Kobe was not really trying to get his team involved. He tried to take over and win it by himself. It could have been alot closer had he gotten everyone else involved. Kobe is actually more scary when he is passing the ball and the rest of the team is hitting their shots.

+1 I was literally jumping up and down when Kobe started dominating the ball like 2 minutes into the game when they already had the lead. There's a REASON that the supporting players were missing their shots. Most players need some easy touches, EARLY, to get a rhythm, something Kobe ensured didn't happen.

KobeOwnsBowen
05-26-2008, 11:22 AM
Gasol is right on. The Spurs had nothing to do with game 3's win. The lakers just had an off game.

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-26-2008, 11:24 AM
Gasol is a douche bag. One of the last people i want to see win a ring. Luckily the Spurs will own the Lakers in the rest of the series

lefty
05-26-2008, 11:25 AM
Gasol is right on. The Spurs had nothing to do with game 3's win. The lakers just had an off game.

:lmao

Stop embarassing yourself

DazedAndConfused
05-26-2008, 11:26 AM
+1 I was literally jumping up and down when Kobe started dominating the ball like 2 minutes into the game when they already had the lead. There's a REASON that the supporting players were missing their shots. Most players need some easy touches, EARLY, to get a rhythm, something Kobe ensured didn't happen.

No. Lamar and Pau got plenty of touches (Pau took 18 shots, Odom took 11). They just weren't hitting their shots, especially Odom. He was horrific finishing at the rim.

PlayoffEx-static
05-26-2008, 11:27 AM

Kill yourself.

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-26-2008, 11:29 AM
well it sucks the Lakers are going to have another 3 off games this series. Sucks to be them i guess

Lakers Dynasty
05-26-2008, 11:29 AM
Nowitzki was right.

Gasol is a piece of shit

Dirk who?

http://www.centralpark.com/pages/sports/fishing.jpg

PlayoffEx-static
05-26-2008, 11:30 AM
No. Lamar and Pau got plenty of touches (Pau took 18 shots, Odom took 11). They just weren't hitting their shots, especially Odom. He was horrific finishing at the rim.
Gasol didn't do that badly against a solo defender named Duncan, and I think that while they weren't trying to hack him, they were NOT going to let Odom have any layups. He was going to have to earn it with his 60 something percent FT stroke. FAIL.

It's also a matter of WHEN they get their touches. Both players seem a bit mentally fragile, and need to get off early. If they're kicked a pass when the team NEEDS a basket and they aren't in a groove, they fail.

Deuces88
05-26-2008, 11:33 AM
Almost every Spurs lost is due to Spurs missing open shots. I can't tell you how many times Duncan or Parker finds Finley or Barry or Horry or whoever open and they just cannot hit the darn shot. How is it that you're in the NBA and you miss so many open shots.

SAGambler
05-26-2008, 11:34 AM

So you just said the lazy ass Lakers slacked off on this one?

Lakers Dynasty
05-26-2008, 11:35 AM
well it sucks the Lakers are going to have another 3 off games this series. Sucks to be them i guess

Remember how Nuggies fans said the Lakers couldn't match the Nugs talent-wise?

That AI was the best ever?

That even if the Lakers beat Denver, there was no way they were getting by the Utah defense?

That was cool.

http://a1.vox.com/6a00c2252999c6f21900e398af12390001-500pi

jbspurs
05-26-2008, 11:37 AM

Who cares about number of wins, who plays better, who plays bad, credit is due when series is over.

pauls931
05-26-2008, 11:38 AM
Nowitzki was right.

Gasol is a piece of shit

Gasol saved the Laker's season. They probably would have been a 6 or 7th seed without him.

DazedAndConfused
05-26-2008, 11:39 AM
Spurs fans are a complete joke. They whine and complain about LAL not giving them credit for the win last night, but they completely refused to give the Lakers any credit for their losses in Games 1/2.

You don't lose by 30pts on ACCIDENT. It's because the other team is outplaying you on both ends of the floor, significantly.

daslicer
05-26-2008, 11:42 AM
Gasol saved the Laker's season. They probably would have been a 6 or 7th seed without him.

You are absolutely right about that but that still doesn't take away from the fact the guy is a grade A faggot. He is talented player who can only help you win in this league if he's the second or third option. Its clear as a franchise player he falls apart mentally ala what happened in Memphis. The guy should not be talking sh1t since he has a history of getting swept out of the first round. Yeah his teams were bad but the fact he wasn't able to win even one game says a lot about who he is as a competitor. I hate guys like him who talk sh1t but can't back up and instead hide behind other guys just like what he's doing with Kobe. He's nothing but pathetic lackey.

MaNuMaNiAc
Spurs fans are a complete joke. They whine and complain about LAL not giving them credit for the win last night, but they completely refused to give the Lakers any credit for their losses in Games 1/2.

You don't lose by 30pts on ACCIDENT. It's because the other team is outplaying you on both ends of the floor, significantly.

oh just shut the fuck up already! A lot of people here are giving your fucking team the credit it deserves, but for some reason you choose to ignore them and focus on the ones that don't. You just LOVE to bitch about shit don't you?

SPARKY

I haven't really seen much whining from Spurs fans. I have seen you make a fool out of yourself, again, in this forum.

Well, it went the other way last night.

O-Factor
05-26-2008, 11:44 AM

Only joke here is your dumbass.

I'd be worried that twice the Spurs have gone up by 20 on the lakers and your 30 pt win came on a horrible shotting night for the Spurs. If I could steal a quote from Gasol, Game 2 was "I think it was more our fault than their credit"

ShoogarBear
If the Spurs 20-point lead in game one was just about the Lakers' being rusty, then their 30-point win was just about the Spurs being tired. It was meaningless, too.

pauls931
You are absolutely right about that but that still doesn't take away from the fact the guy is a grade A faggot. He is talented player who can only help you win in this league if he's the second or third option. Its clear as a franchise player he falls apart mentally ala what happened in Memphis. The guy should not be talking sh1t since he has a history of getting swept out of the first round. Yeah his teams were bad but the fact he wasn't able to win even one game says a lot about who he is as a competitor. I hate guys like him who talk sh1t but can't back up and instead hide behind other guys just like what he's doing with Kobe. He's nothing but pathetic lackey.

I agree he's not garnett and probably a solid 2nd option in offense, perhaps 3rd as you say. But hell, if I was phoenix I would have bene glad to sent Eric Piakowski and Marcus Banks over there for him. It would've been more talent wise than the lakers gave up. Hell the Spurs if they were drunk could have offered Matt Boner for him.

ShoogarBear
05-26-2008, 11:47 AM
Things you have to remember about Pau Gasol:

Prior to this year, his playoff record was 0-12. Think about that. Zero and twelve. I don't care who your teammates are, if you supposed to be an elite player you don't lose twelve playoff games in a row to ANYBODY. Says something about his mental makeup.

If the Spurs come back and win this series, the emotional weakness of Gasol and Odom, two guys with first-team talent but fourth-team hearts, will play a big role.

SPARKY
05-26-2008, 11:49 AM

Prior to this year, his playoff record was 0-12. Think about that. Zero and twelve. I don't care who your teammates are, if you supposed to be an elite player you don't lose twelve playoff games in a row to ANYBODY. Says something about his mental makeup.

If the Spurs come back and win this series, the emotional weakness of Gasol and Odom, two guys with first-team talent but fourth-team hearts, will play a big role.

Counting on them as 2nd and 3rd stars to carry you to a championship is an interesting proposition.

pauls931
05-26-2008, 11:50 AM
One way I think you can take gasol out of the game is to be physical with him. You need to play Shaq/Dennis Rodman style defense. (aka beating the shit out of him, well not really but bodying him up to where he can't jump).

One thing I noticed last night in the way you guys played is that the Lakers suddenly looked like the lakers of old where it's just Kobe by himself. Kobe gave up on playing team ball due to role players not performing and that's when the game was over. That trick only works when the game is within 9 or so points.

Another word of advice having seen the Lakers in the playoffs plenty. Have your players take 'Beano' pills about 1 hour before the game because if you fart within 10ft of Kobe he gets freethrows. Perhaps Pop already beat me to this since I didn't see kobe at the line much last night.

WildcardManu
05-26-2008, 11:54 AM

Gasol = Duncan's bitch

DazedAndConfused
05-26-2008, 11:55 AM
If the Spurs 20-point lead in game one was just about the Lakers' being rusty, then their 30-point win was just about the Spurs being tired. It was meaningless, too.

What's more likely to happen again? The Spurs being fatigued, or the Lakers being rusty?

aka_USAPA
05-26-2008, 11:55 AM
you guys have such big egos that you get pissed when a player gives his opinion of the game you have to make racist comments about being a "Stupid Spainard"..what the fuck is that??

Yeah, I got that too. There is such a thing as a sore winner, and comments like these represent that.

WildcardManu
05-26-2008, 11:56 AM
What's more likely to happen again? The Spurs being fatigued, or the Lakers being rusty?

I'd go with option C: Odom and Gasol are non-factors

pauls931
05-26-2008, 11:57 AM

I hate defending the Spurs, but I think the NO series proved fatique is not a factor. I figured if age was really an issue NO would have worn them out and you'd be dealing with the CP3 mob.

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-26-2008, 12:00 PM
Remember how Nuggies fans said the Lakers couldn't match the Nugs talent-wise?

That AI was the best ever?

That even if the Lakers beat Denver, there was no way they were getting by the Utah defense?

That was cool.

http://a1.vox.com/6a00c2252999c6f21900e398af12390001-500pi

you must have been talking to bandwagon AI fans coz no real Nuggets fan would say any of that.

An intelligent person would see that

DazedAndConfused
05-26-2008, 12:00 PM
There is only 1 day rest between each game. Fatigue will come into play if it was really the reason why the Spurs lost Game 2.

DazedAndConfused
05-26-2008, 12:01 PM
I'd go with option C: Odom and Gasol are non-factors

How about option D: Manu playing like dog shit again?

WildcardManu
05-26-2008, 12:01 PM
There is only 1 day rest between each game. Fatigue will come into play if it was really the reason why the Spurs lost Game 2.

I doubt that will be a factor with the Spurs being at home. Not when they're still down 2-1 with their backs somewhat up against the wall.

WildcardManu
05-26-2008, 12:02 PM
How about option D: Manu playing like dog shit again?

Unlike Odom and Gasol who always play like shit against the Spurs. Face it, Gasol is soft and Odom is shit.

PlayoffEx-static
05-26-2008, 12:05 PM

Actually, I think the fact that it was the third straight road playoff game had something to do with that. You'll notice that the interval between games remained the same, but SA's energy was off the charts.

foodie2
05-26-2008, 12:06 PM
Lost in all this bickering is a discussion of Gasol's absolute OWNAGE at the hands of Tim Duncan. This guy looks like the soft POS he always looked like at Memphis.

Lakers Dynasty
05-26-2008, 12:10 PM
Barkley has said several times that the Spurs' "big three" have to get more than 20 points each, because there isn't much the others will contribute.

Odom and Gasol last night were a combined 9 - 29, for a total of 22 points.

Let's see if he mentions the Lakers "big three" - two of whom sucked (including the guy whose quotes have thrown you guys into a tizzy).

DazedAndConfused
05-26-2008, 12:13 PM
Unlike Odom and Gasol who always play like shit against the Spurs. Face it, Gasol is soft and Odom is shit.

Manure always plays poorly against LAL. Check his regular season stats, very similar numbers. Last night was an anomaly, he just shot well from 3pt land. He won't go 5/7 from there again. See I can play this game too!

ElNono
05-26-2008, 12:24 PM
Manure always plays poorly against LAL. Check his regular season stats, very similar numbers. Last night was an anomaly, he just shot well from 3pt land. He won't go 5/7 from there again. See I can play this game too!

Even playing poorly, we won 2 out of 3 in the regular season with Manu on the floor. I would say '04 was the worst he played against LA, but that just balances out the dismantling he did of the Lakers in '03. Manu always had great games against LA. Most of his signature plays and games came against LA.
Players have histories. Gasol is soft (shit, go to your own forum and read Gasoft left and right), and has been constantly owned by Duncan. He's a finesse player. He's not a banger. And he doesn't know how to 'man up'.

And for the record, Manu had stretches of games shooting incredibly well from the 3pt line. You have to look no further than this season. He had a better 2 and 3 point shooting percentage than the league's MVP.

trjons
05-26-2008, 12:26 PM
As far as I'm concerned Game 1 is irrelevant at this point. Do you think it mattered that PHX dominated the Spurs in Game 1 for the most part only to fall short in the end made one bit of difference as the series went on? If anything, it negatively affected their psyche.

Pop made his adjustments in Game 3, we'll see how Phil counters in Game 4.

Word. Game 4 the Lakers will probably make Manu put the ball on the floor more and test out that *sarcasm* injured ankle */sarcasm.

Sigz
05-26-2008, 12:28 PM
Fuck Gasol. He fucking sucks ass. One of the weakest players in the playoffs.

shelshor
05-26-2008, 12:29 PM

KoMe = The Baron von Münchhausen of Basketball

pauls931
05-26-2008, 12:37 PM
Fuck Gasol. He fucking sucks ass. One of the weakest players in the playoffs.

doesn't matter though, he's big and has some good moves and gives someone for kobe to pass the ball to when the d concentrates on him too much or he gets caught in the air with no shot.

NASpurs
05-26-2008, 12:39 PM

Manu is proven. WTF has Odom and Gasol have done in their career? Yeah shit.

Ronaldo McDonald
05-26-2008, 12:45 PM

And he wont need to. But, he needs to get at least twenty for us (his average) if we want to have a chance of beating LA. Duncan can compensate for him by easily scoring 28 -30 against Gasol. It was obvious the offense was running through Ginobili yesterday; Duncan could have easily scored thirty if he wanted to.

DazedAndConfused
05-26-2008, 12:49 PM
And he wont need to. But, he needs to get at least twenty for us (his average) if we want to have a chance of beating LA. Duncan can compensate for him by easily scoring 28 -30 against Gasol. It was obvious the offense was running through Ginobili yesterday; Duncan could have easily scored thirty if he wanted to.

I agree.

kobe_mvp_24
05-26-2008, 01:23 PM
you spurs fans are dickheads, just coz he its are fault more than thats not givin u guys credits taht was only part u can argue about and what about the others stupid bitch

lefty
05-26-2008, 01:25 PM

That's because Pau is still better than most of other L.A's big men...

callo1
05-26-2008, 01:25 PM
you have to make racist comments about being a "Stupid Spainard"..what the fuck is that??

"Your a friggin dumbass."

Just a comment, zero racism involved:)

Don't blame the game on calls dipshit. A Laker should NEVER complain about calls as mush as Kobe gets away with. His game 1 pushoffs ans the Spurs tired legs are the ONLY reason your asses arn't down 2-1.

O-Factor
05-26-2008, 01:28 PM
you spurs fans are dickheads, just coz he its are fault more than thats not givin u guys credits taht was only part u can argue about and what about the others stupid bitch

Jeez learn to friggin type or make sentences that make sense or are readable. WTF?:lol

ForeignFan
05-26-2008, 01:28 PM
Basically what he said holds true for the loser of every game this series. Nothing new.

Exactly. Did you expect him to say "they are so much better than we are, we played our best but there was nothing we could do" ?

callo1
05-26-2008, 01:30 PM

Translation please !!

Dude, put down your spray paint cans. You arn't tagging here.

Have your EVER set foot in a language arts classroom?

We need the Enigma to translate this shit.

PlayoffEx-static
05-26-2008, 01:36 PM
:lmao WTF is that?

GrandeDavid
05-26-2008, 01:39 PM
Hey Pau, lick my pau!

Ronaldo McDonald
05-26-2008, 01:43 PM

I agree.

That you're high on crack.

pauls931
05-26-2008, 01:44 PM
:lmao WTF is that?

Do you expect anyone from LA to be able to spell anything that is not plastered in gigantic letters on the side of a hill?

Ghazi
05-26-2008, 01:49 PM
what did dirk say about Pau?

That 21 blessings idiot says Pau is better than Dirk, lol

ClingingMars
05-26-2008, 01:51 PM
Nowitzki was right.

Gasol is a piece of shit

kobe_mvp_24
05-26-2008, 01:53 PM
fuck u all

kobe_mvp_24
05-26-2008, 01:54 PM
fuck u all..

thats the translation bitches

mardigan
05-26-2008, 01:54 PM
Tons of NBA players say shit like this after losses. It only looks bad because Pau played like a bitch.

1Parker1
05-26-2008, 02:00 PM
Here's why I posted those quotes;

Gasol still doesn't understand basic defense and as much as he's the reason why the Lakers are here and contending for a championship and could very well beat the Spurs this series, he's also the reason Spurs have a chance in this series.

Gasol/Odom did miss a lot of shots around the basket. But take a look at the defense Duncan/Horry/Oberto played; even though those shots were at the rim, those 3 players contested each shot so well that more often than not Gasol and Odom had to throw it at the basket at odd angles which is why so many rimmed out.

Spurs gave credit to the Lakers defense and play in Games 1 and 2, when the could have easily said the same thing as Gasol that it was just a matter of "us not them."

nfg3
05-26-2008, 02:31 PM

Proof that the standards in elementary school are beginnning to slip. The dumbing down of America is gathering steam.

Ronaldo McDonald
05-26-2008, 02:42 PM
Proof that the standards in elementary school are beginnning to slip. The dumbing down of America is gathering steam.

It could be that. Or it could be how you sound when you've got Vujachicks and Bynum's cock in your mouth at the same time. It could be a combination of the two.

Emanuel20
05-26-2008, 02:47 PM
Gasol just seems like a big idiot to me after saying that. So he missed 11 shots because he “made himself not shoot the ball well” and not because Timmy defended him great?
Moron! :bang

dbreiden83080
05-26-2008, 02:55 PM
On Duncan’s performance - “We disappointed. We’re upset about it. He didn’t shoot the ball well…7 for 18…which is okay…but the fact that he got 21 rebounds really bothered me. I’ll try to do a much better job on that in Game 4.”

LOL, Timmy owns you Gasol. You are soft as a tissue and Timmy is solid as a rock, you got nothing for him.

DazedAndConfused
05-26-2008, 02:58 PM
Here's why I posted those quotes;

Gasol still doesn't understand basic defense and as much as he's the reason why the Lakers are here and contending for a championship and could very well beat the Spurs this series, he's also the reason Spurs have a chance in this series.

Gasol/Odom did miss a lot of shots around the basket. But take a look at the defense Duncan/Horry/Oberto played; even though those shots were at the rim, those 3 players contested each shot so well that more often than not Gasol and Odom had to throw it at the basket at odd angles which is why so many rimmed out.

Spurs gave credit to the Lakers defense and play in Games 1 and 2, when the could have easily said the same thing as Gasol that it was just a matter of "us not them."

Odom and Gasol are still trying to go for the foul instead of trying to make the shot. This happened in the Utah series in Game 3 when all of a sudden the refs weren't calling physical play around the rim. They need to attack the basket with a sense of purpose and an intent on making the layup no matter what.

Tradition
05-26-2008, 03:14 PM
While I understand spurs fans not liking what Gasol said, werent the Spurs of the east (aka Detroit Pistons) just like this towards your team in the 2005 nba finals??

Rip,Sheed,Billups etc said "Spurs are a good team but they arent the better team. We should of won game 7. The Spurs didnt win game 7, we just lost game 7." They never gave the spurs the true credit they deserved and you guys let it go like it was nothing. Your love for how they play the game and their fans had you sweep all those sore loser comments right under the rug. It's pretty funny how when it is any other team that would say those same exact things, you spurs fans crucify them but you let it go if it is the Pistons. That is very contradicting.

:lmao:lmao

Emanuel20
05-26-2008, 03:19 PM
While I understand spurs fans not liking what Gasol said, werent the Spurs of the east (aka Detroit Pistons) just like this towards your team in the 2005 nba finals??

Rip,Sheed,Billups etc said "Spurs are a good team but they arent the better team. We should of won game 7. The Spurs didnt win game 7, we just lost game 7." They never gave the spurs the true credit they deserved and you guys let it go like it was nothing. Your love for how they play the game and their fans had you sweep all those sore loser comments right under the rug. It's pretty funny how when it is any other team that would say those same exact things, you spurs fans crucify them but you let it go if it is the Pistons. That is very contradicting.

:lmao:lmao

Coach POP: Whoever wins a 7 game series is the better team!
I POPbelieve!

PlayoffEx-static
05-26-2008, 03:23 PM
Odom and Gasol are still trying to go for the foul instead of trying to make the shot. This happened in the Utah series in Game 3 when all of a sudden the refs weren't calling physical play around the rim. They need to attack the basket with a sense of purpose and an intent on making the layup no matter what.

I don't like Doug Collins, as a rule, but he's spot on with Odom. Odom leans too far forward when he goes to the rim, actually making himself a shorter target than his full height would. He's generally going to get stuffed doing that or get a charging call for going into the defender with a shoulder or a forearm.

Gasol, OTOH, is going to have a tough time going to the rim against Duncan. He's going to have to hit the jumper and the hook to put up decent numbers. Duncan is too smart to lean on him and give him that spin move to go all the way. Tim knows that when he starts his move to the hoop, he isn't strong enough to displace Tim in the paint. Tim just needs to be patient, and keep his hands up to contest the shot, not leave his feet, and clear the boards on a miss. Gasol is crafty with put backs if you don't box him out. If you take away the second chance points, though, Gasol is pretty average.

spursfan09
05-26-2008, 03:23 PM

:lol geography

DazedAndConfused
05-26-2008, 03:25 PM
Gasol has always been an average offensive threat in ISO situations. He thrives because of Bryant's penetration, as does Odom.

I think the Lakers have had more success with smaller lineups actually, SAS seems intent on shutting down the paint and allowing perimeter shots. Lakers need to make them pay for doing that with their good 3pt shooters.

PlayoffEx-static
05-26-2008, 03:38 PM
When is Bynum's contract up for extension? Buss isn't fond of paying the tax, so I'm thinking one of your overpaid #3 options (Gasol, Odom) is going to have to go.

dropstep4421
05-26-2008, 03:45 PM
funny i never heard any pau gasol quotes when he played in memphis...

Brutalis
05-26-2008, 04:14 PM
Why would he said something like that? Benefit of the calls and so forth?

This is the playoffs man, you're up 2-1. You don't even do that down 1-2 come on how stupid is this fella

SpurOutofTownFan
05-26-2008, 04:18 PM
something about missing their shots has to do with the spurs D.

please spare me

Mamba24
05-26-2008, 05:51 PM
I can't stand Doug Collins. He was slobbing all on the Spurs dicks last night, it was horrid. It's like enough, already.

something about missing their shots has to do with the spurs D.

please spare me Nah, I don't agree with that. Usually the Spurs defense is pretty good, but the Spurs defense is not the reason the Lakers lost. The Lakers had wide open shots and missed them. Spurs D can't take credit for awful free throw shooting by Lamar or missed lay-ups and dunks by him or Pau either.

mikeanthony21
05-26-2008, 06:02 PM

Like you really give a shit.

DazedAndConfused
05-26-2008, 06:15 PM
I can't stand Doug Collins. He was slobbing all on the Spurs dicks last night, it was horrid. It's like enough, already.

Nah, I don't agree with that. Usually the Spurs defense is pretty good, but the Spurs defense is not the reason the Lakers lost. The Lakers had wide open shots and missed them. Spurs D can't take credit for awful free throw shooting by Lamar or missed lay-ups and dunks by him or Pau either.

Careful now, you're starting to sound like Spur fan after Game 1/2.

cobbler
05-26-2008, 06:37 PM
Spurs didn't show well in the box score and they win the game anyhow. Give some credit to the Spurs for holding onto the lead and finishing, despite Kobe's attempt to intimidate with his 3 threes in about as many minutes in the 4th!

Lakers are no longer in charge of this series. Deal with it Laker fans.

Last i looked.... it was 2-1 Lakers.

cobbler
05-26-2008, 06:49 PM

Who said he was the lakers franchise player? You are correct, he is a 2nd or 3rd option player. Right now hes our 2nd option. Next year he will be the 3rd.

I didnt take his comments as talking shit. He told the truth. He gave credit to the spurs for being good players and said he blames himself and some others for missing open shots that they did. You expect him to say I was owned?

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-26-2008, 06:55 PM

So was LA rusty for game 3? Or do you have some other lame excuse?

cobbler
05-26-2008, 06:56 PM
How ironic is it that everyone is now calling gasol soft (which he is and i have always said) and a piece of shit. They talk about how he gets owened in the playoffs and is a non factor. And yet, it's the same people that screamed and cried foul when the Lakers traded for him. Wanted a investigation on the trade even. That the Lakers were given a "gift".

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-26-2008, 06:58 PM

Do you have an idiot decoder ring for that? Something that turns it into english?

1Parker1
05-26-2008, 06:59 PM
How ironic is it that everyone is now calling gasol soft (which he is and i have always said) and a piece of shit. They talk about how he gets owened in the playoffs and is a non factor. And yet, it's the same people that screamed and cried foul when the Lakers traded for him. Wanted a investigation on the trade even. That the Lakers were given a "gift".

You're completely missing the point. You can't honestly believe that Pau Gasol is the equivalent of Kwame Brown and some cap space.

ShoogarBear
05-26-2008, 07:01 PM

Uuuuuuuuuh, the two points are not mutually exclusive.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-26-2008, 07:03 PM

What does a trade that wreaks of collusion have to do with Pau being charmin' soft?

It was still a bullshit trade.

Borosai
05-26-2008, 07:06 PM
Gasol being checked after game 3. These comments make more sense now.

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/2680/stgasolgynexamhz5.jpg

mystargtr34
05-26-2008, 07:12 PM

:lmao

mardigan
05-26-2008, 07:12 PM

Gross

1Parker1
05-26-2008, 07:13 PM
Ewwww

cobbler
05-26-2008, 07:15 PM
You're completely missing the point. You can't honestly believe that Pau Gasol is the equivalent of Kwame Brown and some cap space.

Huh? So your saying gasol is crap and a 3rd option etc. But as far as the trade goes... it was so lopsided? It was not just for Kwame. It was for Kwame, $$$, 3 first round picks, and the rights to Marc Gasol. The Numbers financially were equal.

My point is, Gasol is not a superstar. Hes a 2nd or 3rd option. IMO the trade was definetly in favor of the lakers, for now (who knows what the picks turn out to be), but not nearly as lopsided as everyone made out at the time. As for how hes playing now? He's playing like a 2nd or third oprion. You dont think Kwame, $$, 3 first rounders, and Marc are worth as you guys say, a piece of crap, soft, stupid faggot spainard?

If you want to bitch about the lopsidedness of the trade, then you are implying he is some superstar player. Again, you cannot have it both ways.

mardigan
05-26-2008, 07:18 PM
Huh? So your saying gasol is crap and a 3rd option etc. But as far as the trade goes... it was so lopsided? It was not just for Kwame. It was for Kwame, $$$, 3 first round picks, and the rights to Marc Gasol. The Numbers financially were equal.

My point is, Gasol is not a superstar. Hes a 2nd or 3rd option. IMO the trade was definetly in favor of the lakers, for now (who knows what the picks turn out to be), but not nearly as lopsided as everyone made out at the time. As for how hes playing now? He's playing like a 2nd or third oprion. You dont think Kwame, $$, 3 first rounders, and Marc are worth as you guys say, a piece of crap, soft, stupid faggot spainard?

If you want to bitch about the lopsidedness of the trade, then you are implying he is some superstar player. Again, you cannot have it both ways.

A great player can still be soft. David Robinson is a hall of famer who had the soft label his whole career. The trade wasnt super lopsided, but the parties involved seemed to make it look worse.

Btw, wasnt Crintennton (?) in that trade as well?

cobbler
05-26-2008, 07:19 PM
What does a trade that wreaks of collusion have to do with Pau being charmin' soft?

It was still a bullshit trade.

Why would you be worried about collusion (which is BS) if all it did was allow a team to obtain a charmin soft player? Why would it even be an issue?

cobbler
05-26-2008, 07:20 PM
A great player can still be soft. David Robinson is a hall of famer who had the soft label his whole career. The trade wasnt super lopsided, but the parties involved seemed to make it look worse.

Yes, I considered him one of the 3 first round picks cause i didnt want to spell the name:depressed

mardigan
05-26-2008, 07:21 PM
Yes, I considered him one of the 3 first round picks cause i didnt want to spell the name:depressed

:lol
Gotcha.

cobbler
05-26-2008, 07:25 PM

I agree with you. I know gasol is soft. He has moments of greatness and some very awful. Your comparison to the Admiral is pretty good.

I was just trying to point out the absurdity of all the comments. Gasol is a talented player and not nearly the piece of crap portrayed in this thread. And not nearly the super all star that everyone screams about when they talk about the lopsidedness of the trade. IMO... it falls in the middle.

my 2 cents

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-26-2008, 07:28 PM

Oh GOD WHY!

Avitus1
05-26-2008, 07:29 PM
Maybe his english isn't really that good?

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-26-2008, 08:02 PM
Why would you be worried about collusion (which is BS) if all it did was allow a team to obtain a charmin soft player? Why would it even be an issue?

Just because he goes in the tank in the clutch doesn't mean he doesn't contribute to the Lakers team in quarters 1-3.

DazedAndConfused
05-26-2008, 08:16 PM
Sperm fans are hilarious.

I guess when they're losing it's collusion, and when they win he's a pussy.

SPARKY
05-26-2008, 08:17 PM

Sperm? Dude, you're a riot.

Are your Rockets going to trade up in the draft?

ShoogarBear
05-26-2008, 08:20 PM

Nope, it's both all the time.

Mamba24
05-26-2008, 08:42 PM

That's basically how they think. When the Spurs lose, they are crying cuz Manu is "injured", but when they win, the Lakers suck and the Hornets were better competition. Fuck outta here with that.

SPARKY
05-26-2008, 09:16 PM
.....Fuck outta here with that.

Inaccurate characterization. In any event, Spurs fans will do as they please in a Spurs fan forum. Shocking, I know.

Before I forget, it's rather amusing that Bryant's latest nickname is the same as that of a sex toy. Quite fitting when you think about it.

DazedAndConfused
05-26-2008, 09:19 PM
There is a sex toy called mamba? Why do you know that......

ClingingMars
05-26-2008, 09:21 PM
Sperm? Dude, you're a riot.

Are your Rockets going to trade up in the draft?

SPARKY
05-26-2008, 09:22 PM
There is a sex toy called mamba? Why do you know that......

Because once upon a time I viewed a film in which a woman had such a device inserted into her vagina, Poindexter.

Medvedenko
05-26-2008, 09:36 PM
Because once upon a time I viewed a film in which a woman had such a device inserted into her vagina, Poindexter.

Good come back....yeesh....first with the Mamba as a sex toy smack....and then this nugget of brilliance.