PDA

View Full Version : bruce bowen

kobe_mvp_24
05-26-2008, 01:16 PM
What does bowen do when his shot is off, coz this guy all he does is shoot threes, i have never seen him take it to the hoop or anything else so can u spurs fans tell me what else can he do on offense other than shoot 3s from the corner lol.

xtremesteven33
05-26-2008, 01:20 PM
thats basically it man. he really uses all his energy on defense.

Ghazi
05-26-2008, 01:20 PM
This can be said about every 3-PT shooter... he plays defense, and the fact that he is capable of shooting the 3 compliments the Spurs' floor spacing. Even when his shot isn't falling, defenders have to be wary of him.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-26-2008, 01:23 PM
he's added that dribble, pop up long range 2 pter this year, and at one point in the '03 season, he actually became quite proficient at shooting threes from the elbow. but he stopped.

PlayoffEx-static
05-26-2008, 01:24 PM
What does bowen do when his shot is off, coz this guy all he does is shoot threes, i have never seen him take it to the hoop or anything else so can u spurs fans tell me what else can he do on offense other than shoot 3s from the corner lol.

Luckily, that doesn't happen much. He's head and shoulders above Kobe as a career 3 point shooter, so he's usually on. With the Big Three as our weapons, luckily we only need him to space the floor and harass the other team's top dog.

mrspurs
05-26-2008, 01:51 PM
ask yourself what farmar is doing.....the guy is a choke artist....he cant shoot...he cant play defense.....i ask you....what does farmar do?......ill tell ya this farmar aint got nothing on bowen....heck even mighty mouse could guard farmar.....go spurs go

K-State Spur
05-26-2008, 01:53 PM
he had a drive and assist to Fab last night. although all the Laker fans had probably switched the channel by that point...

gmanrulz
05-26-2008, 02:27 PM
PTba3c6ocKo

thats what he does bitch

ChumpDumper
05-26-2008, 02:28 PM
What does bowen do when his shot is offHe passes.

boutons_
05-26-2008, 02:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgCFZSKuIY0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsf2Q3Pl6ro

Plus:

WCF block on Dirk

05 Finals block on Chauncey

etc, etc, etc.

There's more to winning basketball than scoring.

There's more to playing basketall than athleticism.

Bruce is a legendary over-achiever, effective way beyond his talent.

STFU and GTFO.

Emanuel20
05-26-2008, 02:36 PM
He does enough on the defensive end...We love him for that!

FromWayDowntown
05-26-2008, 02:37 PM
Bowen's offense is all bonus for the Spurs. His ability to consistently hit the corner 3 has certainly made him more viable for the Spurs as a big minutes guy, but the threat of his ability to consistently hit that shot is almost more valuable than whether he makes the shot or not.

Bowen is one of the very few guys in the league who could put up no points and still truly be an effective player for his team.

wildbill2u
05-26-2008, 03:14 PM

That's it, Man. He doesn't even take layup warmup drills or practice any shots inside the arc.

Pop caught him practicing a drive and pull-up once and threatened to fine him for conduct detrimental to the team.

Beast
05-26-2008, 03:36 PM

IF you have to ask what Brucey does for us.....geez, you are not worthy of knowing! watch any spurs ball in the last few years?

PlayoffEx-static
05-26-2008, 04:31 PM
He passes.

Kobe fans won't understand what that word means. You'll have to break out a detailed explanation of what a "pass" is.

ShoogarBear
05-26-2008, 04:35 PM
The Spurs are just lulling the Lakers to sleep so they can break out the Bruce-a-Loop.