PDA

View Full Version : Lakers will be rattled if we win Game 4

DriveFor5
05-26-2008, 05:54 PM
Young teams play off their home crowds. New Orleans beat our asses so badly in Games 1 and 2 that even the most faithful Spurs fans felt a bit that the series was over. Same with this young Lakers team. Kobe will always be Kobe....but the rest of the lineup, I'm sensing this Lakers team will be rattled if we win Game 4. Best teams win seven game series, and like the saying goes, the series does not start until a road team wins. The Lakers just won at home. Who hasn't done that before? Nothing special.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-26-2008, 05:56 PM
Lakers won't be rattled until they lose a home game.....where they play 100 times better.

DazedAndConfused
05-26-2008, 06:13 PM
You don't rattle a young team by beating them @ home. You rattle them by beating them on the road.

Brutalis
05-26-2008, 06:25 PM
Stop posting obvious random thoughts buddy.

1Parker1
05-26-2008, 06:36 PM
Lakers won't be rattled until they lose a home game.....where they play 100 times better.

:tu Exactly. Why the heck would the Lakers get rattled playing Game 4? They are undefeated at home this postseason and they 2 of the next 3 games would be on their homecourt. Should the Spurs steal a game on the road, that's when the Lakers may get rattled.

That said, Lakers look as dominant at Staples that the Spurs have looked thus far at the AT&T Center.

ducks
05-26-2008, 06:38 PM
lakers could start getting some doubts though
not all laker players are mentally tough as kobe

Medvedenko
05-26-2008, 06:38 PM
Of course they can get rattled...no doubt.

Rummpd
05-26-2008, 06:43 PM
:tu Exactly. Why the heck would the Lakers get rattled playing Game 4? They are undefeated at home this postseason and they 2 of the next 3 games would be on their homecourt. Should the Spurs steal a game on the road, that's when the Lakers may get rattled.

That said, Lakers look as dominant at Staples that the Spurs have looked thus far at the AT&T Center.

In Game one they dodged a wide open 3 from Ginobili that would have won the game after the Spurs gave game away.

Some dominance - sure Spurs got hammered in game 2 but believe me the Spurs are not afraid of playing in LA.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-26-2008, 06:58 PM
In Game one they dodged a wide open 3 from Ginobili that would have won the game after the Spurs gave game away.

Some dominance - sure Spurs got hammered in game 2 but believe me the Spurs are not afraid of playing in LA.

If the Spurs win game 4...They're going to learn from the New Orleans series and look to take LA out in game 5...

Game 4 is going to be huge...

1Parker1
05-26-2008, 07:02 PM
I expect Game 4 to be a dogfight. Let's just take it one game at a time before worrying about what it's going to take to get the Lakers "Rattled" I just am wishing that the Spurs don't get "Rattled" first. Game is going to be important. If the Spurs lose that game, this series is pretty much over, possibly in 5.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-26-2008, 07:11 PM
I expect Game 4 to be a dogfight. Let's just take it one game at a time before worrying about what it's going to take to get the Lakers "Rattled" I just am wishing that the Spurs don't get "Rattled" first. Game is going to be important. If the Spurs lose that game, this series is pretty much over, possibly in 5.
I don't think the Spurs will be rattled. They've had too many of these kind of games a billion times over.
Even if Spurs lose game 4, I wouldn't give up if I were them. Suns won being down 1-3. But I think the Spurs know how important game 4 is, and I'm really glad they won game 3 in a convincing fashion. Had it been an uphill battle, then I'd worry about them still doubting themselves.(Which I think they did mentally after the game 1 loss. They pretty much let the existing fatigue dictate their lack of aggression. )

DazedAndConfused
05-26-2008, 07:57 PM
I'm not really sure the series being tied 2-2 would rattle the Lakers. I mean that just happened in the previous round and Kobe had a bad back for Games 3/4/5. That was a far shakier situation IMHO and the Lakers managed to pull through.

That being said, the Lakers don't want to have to rely on their HCA. In other words, they don't want this to go 7 games. They need to treat Game 4 like it's a Game 7.

ChickHearnMic
05-26-2008, 08:04 PM

True That

But let's be real , these NBA playoffs , everybody plays 100 times better at Home:ihit

SPARKY
05-26-2008, 08:15 PM
Spurs win Game 4 and the pressure's back on LA to win at home.

I think after Game 2 some of the Laker children thought the trip to SA would be a walk in the park.

Capt Bringdown
05-26-2008, 08:17 PM
Lakers won't be rattled if the series is tied 2-2. The pressure's still all on the Spurs to win in LA. Can we play 4 quarters of Spurs ball and shoot a decent percentage in LA?

Spurs had their best chance to take control of this series in game 1. We've yet to make even a small dent in the Lakers psyche IMO. We're still on shaky ground as we always are against PJ and Kobe.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-26-2008, 08:19 PM

Which is what makes the game 1 loss all the more frustrating :bang:bang

DazedAndConfused
05-26-2008, 08:30 PM

Yea the Spurs had a golden opportunity to steal that game while the Lakers were rusty.

cobbler
05-26-2008, 08:31 PM

Undefeated is undefeated. Whether you consider that dominance or not has no real bearing.

Capt Bringdown
05-26-2008, 08:34 PM
I don't know about the Spurs ability to come back against big leads against the Lakers. And I'm sure the Lakers are thinking along the same lines.

So for game 4, we're only one miserable offensive quarter and/or one big Laker run from being out of this series for good.

Talk about pressure.

Mamba24
05-26-2008, 08:36 PM
If the Lakers win Game 4, will the Spurs be rattled?

cobbler
05-26-2008, 08:38 PM

I think after Game 2 some of the Laker children thought the trip to SA would be a walk in the park.

Not anybody with any basketball knowledge or respect for the spurs and their accomplishments. Sure, the idiot Laker posters that do nothing but go around and only talk crap. But they really are not representitive of a real Laker fan who knows the game. We all have them, and many times its embarrasing reading the things they write while supposedly representing the laker fanbase. Idiots are idiots regardless of who they root for. Every team has them.

GrandeDavid
05-26-2008, 08:47 PM

Yup, this is MarcusBryant. The "children" cap has Marcus written all over it. :lol

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-26-2008, 08:51 PM

Let it go

Dopey310
05-27-2008, 12:09 AM
Spurs will be rattled if the Lakers win Game 4. :sleep

TD=old&busted
05-27-2008, 12:13 AM
Spurs homecourt = overrated. You guys lost to the weakling Raptors at home, plus sa is one of the worst homecourts in the league :downspin:

TampaDude
05-27-2008, 12:14 AM
If the Lakers win Game 4, will the Spurs be rattled?

No...the Spurs would be all but done at that point...but the Spurs are gonna win Game 4...then it's a 3-game series to decide who goes to the Finals...

JamStone
05-27-2008, 12:15 AM
No they won't.

SPARKY
05-27-2008, 12:16 AM
Spurs homecourt = overrated. You guys lost to the weakling Raptors at home, plus sa is one of the worst homecourts in the league :downspin:

So the Spurs had a bad regular season loss at home, yet the Spurs have one of the "worst homecourts" despite the fact that they went 34-7 at home in the regular season (which is a tie for 3rd best in the league) and they are undefeated at home thusfar in the postseason.

You are one dumb motherfucker.

odogg726
05-27-2008, 12:18 AM

^^^ Uh Oh.

Lake_show
05-27-2008, 12:34 AM
In a nutshell, the main problem is that the Lakers are bigger, stronger, faster, quicker, younger, healthier, deeper, have better shooters, better coaching, and home court advantage. But besides that, the Spurs could totally come back and win this series.

SpursDynasty
05-27-2008, 01:23 AM
The Spurs came back from an 0-2 deficit and won a Game 7 on the road this year.

I'm sure we can beat Lamar Odom and Pau Gasol and Jordan Farmar.

crc21209
05-27-2008, 01:37 AM
Spurs homecourt = overrated. You guys lost to the weakling Raptors at home, plus sa is one of the worst homecourts in the league

You really need to check your stats jackass because late in the season the Lakers lost at home to Memphis and Charlotte (non-playoff teams), at least Toronto was a Playoff team.

SpursDynasty
05-27-2008, 01:49 AM
The NBA Finals happened in the first round this year (Spurs vs Phoenix) All of these other series are just filler.

heymanooh1
05-27-2008, 02:15 AM
You really need to check your stats jackass because late in the season the Lakers lost at home to Memphis and Charlotte (non-playoff teams), at least Toronto was a Playoff team.

I suck off all the Spurs players dick and I love it.Hmmmm, interesting.

Dopey310
05-27-2008, 03:11 AM
The NBA Finals happened in the first round this year (Spurs vs Phoenix) All of these other series are just filler.

Your user name makes no sense. Only the Lakers, Celtics, and Bulls have had dynasties.:toast