PDA

View Full Version : Tom Orsborn: Favoring Fab

Emanuel20
05-26-2008, 06:17 PM
Tom Orsborn: Favoring Fab

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/archives/2008/05/tom_orsborn_fav.html

Tim Duncan had some nice things to say about Fab Oberto after he chipped in seven points on 3-of-3 shooting, five rebounds, one assist and one steal in Game 3.

"He always does the little things," Duncan said. "He's always out there being very physical. he did a great job containing Lamar (Odom) and we are going to need that the entire series."

I said it last night, and I think it bears repeating: The Spurs really didn't do much "contain" Odom. He got to rim with impunity. He just couldn't finish.

Lol

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-26-2008, 06:20 PM
:tu
Playoffs time = Oberto time

PlayoffEx-static
05-26-2008, 06:28 PM
Tom Orsborn: Favoring Fab

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/archives/2008/05/tom_orsborn_fav.html

Tim Duncan had some nice things to say about Fab Oberto after he chipped in seven points on 3-of-3 shooting, five rebounds, one assist and one steal in Game 3.

"He always does the little things," Duncan said. "He's always out there being very physical. he did a great job containing Lamar (Odom) and we are going to need that the entire series."

I said it last night, and I think it bears repeating: The Spurs really didn't do much "contain" Odom. He got to rim with impunity. He just couldn't finish.

Lol
His inability to finish had something to do with our defense. He was not ALLOWED to have a layup. Sometimes they called the fouls, sometimes they didn't and we got a stop. Even when they whistled the Spurs, we did a pretty good job of spreading the fouls around, and he only went 3-8 from the line. NEVER let a bad FT shooter beat you in the paint.

1Parker1
05-26-2008, 06:29 PM

I'll agree with that. If anything I actually thing Horry has done the best job on Odom this series. That being said, I expect Odom to come out firing in Game 4. Spurs really need to be careful here. I think there are 3 keys to beating the Lakers:

1) Spurs bench has to step up to match the Lakers energetic bench
2) Spurs need to make Kobe a scorer not a scorer AND facilitator
3) Spurs need to contain Lamar Odom from doing a little bit of everything. Make him one dimentional. I think the Lakers are undefeated or something when Odom attempts more than 10 shots.

PlayoffEx-static
05-26-2008, 06:32 PM
I think the Lakers are undefeated or something when Odom attempts more than 10 shots.

FAIL. He shot 11 times last night.

Make him work for his points. NO LAYUPS. Put a body on him when he goes to the offensive glass.

K-State Spur
05-26-2008, 07:01 PM
whatever, odom's not a great finisher.

usually he's guarded by somebody who he is quicker than to the point that he can wide open lay-up that most of this board wouldn't miss.

or he'll be guarded by a smaller guy where he can go right over the top of, and often it's the put-back is where he actually scores.

if one of our bigs is between him and the hoop, i like his chances of continuing to miss the bunnies.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-26-2008, 07:08 PM
The thing with Odom is you have to put a body on him and make him shoot contested shots.

If he gets a couple of layups he gets going. But if you make him shoot contested shots, he's going to have nights like last night.

milkyway21
05-26-2008, 09:33 PM
Fab Oberto after he chipped in seven points on 3-of-3 shooting, five rebounds, one assist and one steal in Game 3.

..and +1 FT(2-2), if not for Manu :lol

tmtcsc
05-27-2008, 12:13 AM
Orsborn. What's up with that name man ? It doesn't really sound right. That's like someone named
Arnderson.