Game 4 Official 1 Official 2 Official 3
L.A. Lakers @ San Antonio J. Crawford J. Forte M. Wunderlich

Here's the officials for game 4.

01Snake
05-26-2008, 11:51 PM
Fuck

timvp
05-26-2008, 11:54 PM
TD and Pop need to STFU and worry about the game. No whining to Joey tomorrow.

TampaDude
Tue. May 27 Created: May 27, 2008 12:29am ET

Excellent! We knew we'd get Joey sooner or later in this series, and it's better to have him at home than in LA. This means we'll probably see Javie in Game 5. So far, so good. :hat

SPARKY
Well, if you're going to face Joey, it might as well be at home.

Javie for Game 5 works for me.

Lake_show
05-26-2008, 11:55 PM
What will the Spurs and their fans be crying tonight.

spurastic
05-26-2008, 11:55 PM
Better for game 4 than in Fakerland. Joey isn't even the worst of the three.

TD=old&busted
05-26-2008, 11:58 PM
crawford = class :downspin:

G-Nob
05-27-2008, 12:02 AM
Excellent! We knew we'd get Joey sooner or later in this series, and it's better to have him at home than in LA. This means we'll probably see Javie in Game 5. So far, so good. :hat

Home or away. I'm just worried about what Bruce is going to get called on tomorrow night.

DazedAndConfused
05-27-2008, 12:04 AM
You got De Rosa and Rush for Game 3, don't complain.

phxspurfan
05-27-2008, 12:08 AM
Aand LA takes a 3-1 lead...

TD=old&busted
05-27-2008, 12:10 AM
Aand LA takes a 3-1 lead...

bound to happen anyways, but now you have something to bitch about :downspin:

tmtcsc
Rush Rocks !!!!!

http://tralfaz-archives.com/coverart/R/rush_movingf.jpg

In no way related to the ref.

Viva Las Espuelas
i hope joey touches pop's tie

ducks
spurs need to attack and get the refs to get lakers in foul trouble

DazedAndConfused
05-27-2008, 12:14 AM
I can't wait for the Sperm excuses if they lose.

1.) Refs conspired against us
2.) Timmy had a tummy ache
3.) Ginobli's ankle is busted
4.) Spur's are fatigued
5.) Spurs missed shots they normally make, they beat themselves

TampaDude
05-27-2008, 12:16 AM
The Spurs will win Game 4...they have to...

SPARKY
05-27-2008, 12:17 AM

I can't wait for the Rockets excuses when they lose.

Admidave50
05-27-2008, 12:22 AM
Spurs will prevail despite of Joey Crawford's actions!

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-27-2008, 12:28 AM
Duncan better be focused on the game, not on the refs.

GOBLUEADAM
05-27-2008, 12:29 AM
Joey Crawford is fair! And so is Dick Bavatta! But J. Forte, M.Wunderlich, are wild cards! If anybody on the Spurs ticks Forte off, this guy can give your team a very bad day! And Wunderlich can sometimes ref on another plain of exsistance! You have two very combustable forces there, with Joey trying to keep them from exploding! Joe Forte has sucked eversince he stoped trying to look like Bill Laimbeer!

SPARKY
05-27-2008, 12:31 AM
Duncan better be focused on the game, not on the refs.

No doubt.

gospursgojas
05-27-2008, 12:35 AM
So the Spurs going back to LA facing elimination huh?

GOBLUEADAM
05-27-2008, 12:48 AM
Say, has Jackson pulled the "I'M A WHINNING BITCH, AND I WANT REF CALLS FOR MY TEAM DAMMIT" card yet? He usually does it after every loss! I can still see him in 2004, down 3 games to one, and he was stomping and spitting like he pulling his SUV up to a $6 a gallon gas pump!

FromWayDowntown
05-27-2008, 12:52 AM
All things considered, this is about the best the Spurs could have hoped for in terms of a time to see Joey and his boundless ego. It means that Javie is likely the lead official for Game 5; it means Joey will be going toe-to-toe with a surly home crowd that knows his nonsense; and it means that a Spurs team that was already needing to focus on getting a win will have to focus even more. The Spurs seem to play better when they stop worrying about officiating and just play. Let's hope that's the spirit that carries them through Game 4.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-27-2008, 12:55 AM
We know Joey wants to be loved for his ego's sake, so maybe he'll wilt to the homecrowd's influence.

LakerLanny
Say, has Jackson pulled the "I'M A WHINNING BITCH, AND I WANT REF CALLS FOR MY TEAM DAMMIT" card yet? He usually does it after every loss! I can still see him in 2004, down 3 games to one, and he was stomping and spitting like he pulling his SUV up to a $6 a gallon gas pump!

You mean the series with 4 straight jump ball violations on the Lakers to open the first 4 games of the NBA Finals?

The statistical odds of that if you look at opening tap jump ball violations in any playoff game, much less NBA Finals games is about 1,000,000,000 to 1

But you knew that right?

Face the reality, that series was fixed for your team, blatantly. Since then you haven't even sniffed another ring. Go back to your $75,000 house and shut the fuck up.

jman3000
n/m

im drunk

jman3000
05-27-2008, 12:57 AM
You mean the series with 4 straight jump ball violations on the Lakers to open the first 4 games of the NBA Finals?

The statistical odds of that if you look at opening tap jump ball violations in any playoff game, much less NBA Finals games is about 1,000,000,000 to 1

But you knew that right?

Face the reality, that series was fixed for your team, blatantly. Since then you haven't even sniffed another ring. Go back to your $75,000 house and shut the fuck up.

i'd say a game 7 the following year with a 9 point lead in the 3rd quarter constitutes "sniffing a ring"

FromWayDowntown
05-27-2008, 01:03 AM
i'd say a game 7 the following year with a 9 point lead in the 3rd quarter constitutes "sniffing a ring"

Not to a Laker Homer, nonsensical conspiracy theorist like Lanny.

Even if it was factually true that there were jumpball violations to start 4 straight games (perhaps someone alerted the league's officials to some sort of violation that hadn't previously been called on the Lakers' center, whoever that guy was), I'm hard pressed to believe that opening tip jump ball violations turned the tenor of playoff games -- particularly games involving "The Greatest Starting Lineup Ever Assembled" or whatever crap Lakers Fans were calling their club that year. In any event, losses by 12, 20, 8, and 13 wouldn't seem to be the sorts of losses that could be blamed on officiating -- unless, of course, you were a ridiculous homer. (and if those sorts of losses can be attributed to officiating, I'm calling it now -- Game 2 of SA/LAL in 2008 was fixed!!).

Brutalis
05-27-2008, 01:06 AM

4.) Spur's are fatigued

You decided somewhere on this forum to just give up your charade and hate the Spurs in just about every post now huh.

Brutalis
05-27-2008, 01:07 AM
I believe this might be a good thing. I bet you anything Joey got told to chill the fuck out by the big wigs. He might just call it fair for a change.

dav4463
05-27-2008, 01:56 AM

I've been waiting for that! "Kobe can't get a call, I don't know what else he can do!",,,,whine, whine......next game Kobe shoots 28 free throws!

That's what I'm afraid of !

LakerLanny
05-27-2008, 02:11 AM
The jump ball violations were simply a clear signal to the Lakers that they would be fucked from start to finish by the refs.

Find me 4 jump ball violations in a row in any other time in NBA history. Those taps were identical to any others that occur in the NBA, any game, any year.

There probably haven't been 4 jump ball violations called total since that series in playoff games.

Anyone who watched that series and couldn't see the utter and complete fix job that it was is simply a clueless moron. Which fits the bill for most who root for the Pistons and sadly, most of the dumbfuck *purs fans on this site.

Benvolio_Montague
05-27-2008, 02:53 AM

4.) Spur's are fatigued

You're a miserable poster. I really hate the garbage you spew.

Kill yourself so you don't infect the world with your miserable bullshit. Not that anyone would mate with you or anything, but just to be safe...

"away, be gone.
The citizens are up, and Tybalt slain.
Stand not amaz'd, the Prince will doom thee death
If thou art taken. Hence be gone, away."

sprrs
05-27-2008, 04:11 AM

'Cause the slow-it-down, win-with-defense, no-superstars, Pistons are the better choice to fix games for than the team with 4 future HoFs?

killahwave
05-27-2008, 06:32 AM
I was bummed to see Danny Crawford reffing the Celts-Pistons game last night.

At the end of the day, the spurs will invariably get the benefit of the doubt at home. Time to take advantage, and WIN WIN WIN!!!

:flag::flag::flag:

GrandeDavid
05-27-2008, 06:36 AM
I love Joey Crawford, what's the matter with you guys!?

polandprzem
05-27-2008, 06:47 AM
Tue. May 27 Created: May 27, 2008 12:29am ET

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96907&page=2

Well yes, we need to get the win and game 5 will be a good officiated game, plus I believe game 6 will be lead by Bavetta and g7 by Danny.

I wonder if Joey will have some issues with Pop or TD

all in all I'm not happy with this squad

I'm positivly surprised by Salvatore and Rush this playoffs.

Ginofan
05-27-2008, 07:49 AM

4.) Spur's are fatigued

Weren't you the one the other night in the chat that said you couldn't wait to laugh your ass off when the Lakers went up 3-0?:lol

200 miles
05-27-2008, 08:03 AM
joey crawford always has it in for the spurs and will probably give the game to kobe and the lakers

:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang :bang:bang:bang

urunobili
05-27-2008, 08:17 AM
Joey will try to emend his error in NOH

MadDog73
05-27-2008, 08:28 AM

But you knew that right?

and 0.4 is impossible...

Fuck off. Shit happens in playoffs. A tip ball did NOT cost you any games.

DarrinS
05-27-2008, 08:29 AM
After the Duncan incident and the recent spat with Pop, I think Joey is under intense scrutiny by the NBA. He'll be on his best behavior.

SAGambler
05-27-2008, 08:36 AM

4.) Spur's are fatigued

Wasn't that the Gasol "excuse" in game 3?

MadDog73
05-27-2008, 08:42 AM
"Spurs missed shots they normally make, they beat themselves"

Reminds me of that "Lakerfan" who said Spurs aren't that great, they just hit shots.

easjer
05-27-2008, 09:56 AM
This is great. I don't know why people are complaining, I truly don't.

We knew we had Joey coming up in one of the next two. Far, FAR, FAR better to have him at home in a must-win game 4 (when the Spurs will be more focused on winning than in a tie-series game 5) than, God forbid, an elimination situation in fucking LA.

Joey is going to pander to the home crowd. When he came up in the first round, it was an evenly called game, no? The Spurs were at home, no? The NO game he surfaced in was where? NO.

This is the best scenario we could have hoped for, given that we have to have him officiate.

Javie doesn't cave to road pressure, and he should up for the crucial game 5.

Spurs should be well aware that they can't cave into whining at the officials. If they just play their game, ignore the fact that JC is out there, they will take this game. That's what they have to focus on, bottom line.

Also - major props to FWD for again correctly calling the officials. He's been dead right, and I believe him when he says this works to our advantage. I couldn't agree more.

DazedAndConfused
05-27-2008, 10:00 AM
All the Lakers need is fair and balanced officiating. I felt Ed Rush and De Rosa were a little too biased to the Spurs, calling the ticky-tacks on our side and not giving the same calls on the other end. That Fisher technical was total BS as was that Gasol traveling violation early on. Several calls were made to effectively kill any momentum LA had in the 3rd when the Spurs were missing a ton of shots.

MadDog73
05-27-2008, 10:02 AM
All the Lakers need is fair and balanced officiating. I felt Ed Rush and De Rosa were a little too biased to the Spurs, calling the ticky-tacks on our side and not giving the same calls on the other end. That Fisher technical was total BS as was that Gasol traveling violation early on. Several calls were made to effectively kill any momentum LA had in the 3rd when the Spurs were missing a ton of shots.

And Spurs fans could say the same about Game 1.

polandprzem
05-27-2008, 10:08 AM
After the Duncan incident and the recent spat with Pop, I think Joey is under intense scrutiny by the NBA. He'll be on his best behavior.

That what I thought will be in game 5 NO

but then Joey and Gregg went face to face :ihit

:whine celabrate the new emoticon :toast

We had wine in the plane!

That's why spurs whine so much :blah

:p:

DazedAndConfused
05-27-2008, 10:12 AM
And Spurs fans could say the same about Game 1.

They have no excuse. They were up 20 pts late in the 3rd. They lost because they completely melted down and lost composure......not because of the refs.

ATXSPUR
05-27-2008, 10:12 AM
pop...shut the hell up tonight!!

easjer
05-27-2008, 10:15 AM
They have no excuse. They were up 20 pts late in the 3rd. They lost because they completely melted down and lost composure......not because of the refs.

Huh. I thought there were some questionable calls in game 1.

I'm not saying it is the reason they lost - they have to look to their own play for that - but then . . .

How the fuck is that any different than the Lakers in game 3? You think there were some questionable calls, and perhaps there were. But not enough to claim that they ruined the game.

One hopes for fair and balanced officiating WHEREVER they play. The problem with the league is that that really isn't happening on a regular basis. And really, given the history, LA fans should be excited about this particular line-up of officials for this game.

O-Factor
05-27-2008, 10:16 AM
What will the Spurs and their fans be crying tonight.

About the horrible refing from J. Crawford.

But its all good, because we will be celebrating a win.

MadDog73
05-27-2008, 10:17 AM

Then the Lakers have no excuse either!

Thanks for making my point.

Rummpd
05-27-2008, 10:27 AM
Wunderlich? Is that not the name of the NFL combine test?

FromWayDowntown
05-27-2008, 11:25 AM
Also - major props to FWD for again correctly calling the officials. He's been dead right, and I believe him when he says this works to our advantage. I couldn't agree more.

We'll see about it being advantageous.

If form holds, Steve Javie is the lead official for Game 5 and Bavetta will have a potential Game 6 -- we can at least be pretty sure that Javie and Bavetta will work the next two games (if necessary) in this series, in some order. I think I'd prefer that Javie get Game 5, but that might just be me.

You might advise LakerLanny that officiating schedules aren't just arbitrary, though. I don't think he believes me!

FromWayDowntown
05-27-2008, 11:28 AM

It's funny that when Spurs fans complain about calls and insinuate that calls had an effect on the outcome of a game, they're whining, but when Lakers fans complain about calls and insinutate that those calls had an effect on the outcome of the game, they're making principled arguments about the inconsistencies and inequities of NBA officiating -- but definitely not whining.

And Lanny is just unearthing conspiracies that the rest of the world would never see if not for his objective analytical view of officiating.

trjons
05-27-2008, 11:29 AM
This is a no lose situation for the Spurs.

If they win, they are tied 2-2 and its a series again.

If they lose, they can bellyache all summer about how Stern screwed them with "the crew."

FromWayDowntown
05-27-2008, 11:32 AM
This is a no lose situation for the Spurs.

If they win, they are tied 2-2 and its a series again.

If they lose, they can bellyache all summer about how Stern screwed them with "the crew."

Actually, I don't think you'd ever hear that from the Spurs themselves. Unlike the Zen Master, the Spurs haven't historically talked about officiating once the game ends.

And I can assure you that you won't hear it from this Spurs fan, either -- and many others. Unlike many of your Laker Brethren, a lot of us don't blame officiating for losses or credit it for wins. That's not universally true, but it's true to a larger extent than you'll likely ever give us credit for.

trjons
05-27-2008, 11:38 AM
I haven't heard much whining about officiating crews from Phil or the Laker players since Shaq left. He was the one that openly whined.

MoSpur
05-27-2008, 11:41 AM
How predictable!

FromWayDowntown
05-27-2008, 11:46 AM
I haven't heard much whining about officiating crews from Phil or the Laker players since Shaq left. He was the one that openly whined.

You would never hear this from Gregg Popovich:

"The difference was foul shots. They had 35 attempts to our 12. That's ridiculous in a ballgame this hotly contested."

I'll grant you that such was the line from Phil in 2003, but that wasn't Shaq complaining about officiating.

DarrinS
05-27-2008, 11:55 AM
All the Lakers need is fair and balanced officiating. I felt Ed Rush and De Rosa were a little too biased to the Spurs, calling the ticky-tacks on our side and not giving the same calls on the other end.

Yeah, I can't believe they called that foul on Turiaf when he grazed Manu.

DazedAndConfused
05-27-2008, 12:08 PM
Like I said, all the Lakers need is a fairly called game. Make the calls consistent on both ends is all I ask for.

Anti.Hero
05-27-2008, 12:10 PM
Make the calls consistent on both ends is all I ask for.

Too bad the refs do not understand that concept.

timmydidit
05-27-2008, 12:11 PM
hopefully its not an ego showdown between Pop and Crawford

saspicemeister
05-27-2008, 12:33 PM
Crawford, IMO, was baiting Pop for a "T" with the finger pointing, etc. Call me conspiratorial, but Joey's calls, when he's doing a Spurs game, smack of partisanship for whoever the Spurs are playing! I seem to remember a call, several, in Dallas this season that really got me P.O.'d!

7.5 hours and counting! :O)

easjer
05-27-2008, 12:36 PM
We'll see about it being advantageous.

If form holds, Steve Javie is the lead official for Game 5 and Bavetta will have a potential Game 6 -- we can at least be pretty sure that Javie and Bavetta will work the next two games (if necessary) in this series, in some order. I think I'd prefer that Javie get Game 5, but that might just be me.

You might advise LakerLanny that officiating schedules aren't just arbitrary, though. I don't think he believes me!

Call it comparatively advantageous. In that this lineup is of greater advantage to the Spurs, given recent history, than the alternative line up.

Especially if it forces them to play above the officiating, as you mentioned early on.

Avitus1
05-27-2008, 12:41 PM
Better here then there...

sedale threatt
05-27-2008, 01:02 PM
whining about the refs before the game starts? is this a mavericks board?

LakerLanny
05-27-2008, 01:13 PM
Like I said, all the Lakers need is a fairly called game. Make the calls consistent on both ends is all I ask for.

I agree, but that is about as likely as Jennifer Aniston and Scarlett Johansson showing up naked at my front door tonight with some good vodka and their funk on.

SPARKY
05-27-2008, 01:14 PM
Ah yes, the excuse before the loss.

FromWayDowntown
05-27-2008, 01:23 PM
I fully expect to see this crew call a violation on the opening tip, thereby assuring that the team committing the violation has no chance to win Game 4.

Spurs Brazil
05-27-2008, 06:15 PM
Spurs notes: Here comes Joey!
It's the news every Spurs fan has dreaded — the team is fighting for its season tonight in Game 4, and blowing the whistle will be one Joey Crawford.

If the NBA wants to give the conspiracy theorists ammunition, this is certainly the way to do it. The pregame sports-talk chatter is sure to be full of comments such as, "See? The last thing the league wants is the Spurs back in the finals. They want Celtics-Lakers so bad, they can taste it. Otherwise, why would they assign Crawford to this game?"

Crawford's recent history with the Spurs isn't pretty, to say the least. To recap, he was suspended for last year's playoffs (which undoubtedly cost him big bucks) after throwing Tim Duncan out of a regular season game because he thought Duncan was laughing at him on the bench. Then in Game 5 against New Orleans, he T'd up Gregg Popovich between the first and second quarters over an argument over a delay of game warning in which Pop was essentially correct. The Spurs lost and admitted later they were rattled by the officiating, mainly the fact that the Hornets were shooting lots of free throws and they weren't.

For the record, Crawford, a.k.a. Lex Luthor, will have Joe Forte and Mark Wunderlich as his running mates tonight. So how do they stack up on the handy-dandy homers chart?

Well, the silver lining is, if we're gonna get Joey, it's best to get him at home. Statistically, he's a Top 10 homer — eighth on the chart to be exact. And since some of the folks ahead of him don't appear to be working the playoffs (although the top homer, Joe DeRosa, did Game 3 Sunday), this would look like a good break, absent his history with the Spurs.

Also, Wunderlich is ranked 19th and Forte 38th. Forte's only playoff brush with the Spurs this season was also Game 5 versus the Hornets; Wunderlich was on the crew for Hornets Game 2 (also a loss).

Here's hoping for a Game 3 replay — the Spurs blow the Lakers out and the refs don't matter. Except for Lakers fans, the last thing anyone wants (especially David Stern, I would think) is Crawford making a block/charge call against Duncan in the final seconds to decide the game.

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/weekender/2008/05/spurs_notes_here_comes_joey_1.html

spursfanmom
05-27-2008, 06:34 PM
My hope is that Joey knows he can't appear in any way biased if he wants to do playoffs next year. He obviously has a personal chip on his shoulder regarding Pop and the Spurs.

Does anyone know what our record is with J Crawford over the past 2 seasons?

underdawg
05-27-2008, 06:58 PM

partially true, but a couple of the bad calls surely didn't help. To say they weren't a factor, is naive.

romad_20
05-27-2008, 07:06 PM
partially true, but a couple of the bad calls surely didn't help. To say they weren't a factor, is naive.

Well, they let their foot off the gas and expected to coast home. game one is all on the Spurs shoulders. The refs were not a factor in that game.

underdawg
05-27-2008, 07:22 PM
I'm starting to understand the whole "LWO - WWF" connection. Wrestling's rigged and just maybe the NBA is too.

O-Factor
05-27-2008, 07:22 PM

4.) Spur's are fatigued

And I can't wait for you to be completely absent from this forum tonight when the lakers lose.

spurscenter
05-28-2008, 12:15 AM
for sho

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p127/bobo828/119573260_lcd1.jpg