PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Gets Sterned!

GOBLUEADAM
05-27-2008, 12:25 AM
Hello and glad to see the Spurs ready to even up the series! But here in Motown, WE GOT STERNED! Tonight, if you could watch it, David Stern sent in a crew to FIX things for the Boston Cucktics, and to keep that LA vs Boston finals thing alive. IT DIDN'T WORK! We got a grade A, BOSTON GARDEN LIKE effort from the three gray shirted Stern Stooges of Bob Delaney, Dan Crawford, and Scott Foster.

Every Detroit foul was rewarded with a Boston freethrow. Almost every Cucktic foul was Detroit ball out of bounds, or they looked the other way! But these incompetant stooges, found themselves in a death struggle to keep a struggling Boston team IN THE GAME! The Stooges dished out 56 fouls, 65 total freethrows. They gave the Cucktics 39 F'N FREETHROWS! They got 32 chain dragging points from the idiots in the gray shirts to keep them hanging around and in the game. The Pistons won this game by 19 points, but without the chains on their ankles, they should've won by 40! Now we won the game, but our fans are PISSED TO THE HIGHIEST OFF PISTIVITY! Especially the ones who paid money and had to sit in the Palace to witness this foul infested officiating crew! This is what you have to look forward to Spurs fans, SO BE READY FOR ANYTHING! The Two Men and a Half shot 33%, and the Pistons shot 51%, but if that game was in Boston, Detroit loses! For game 5, we're going into BOSTON, WITH A MASK ON, BECAUSE WE'VE GOT TO STEAL ONE!

CRUSH LA!

vander
05-27-2008, 12:28 AM
I can't wait for Spurs-Celtics, that is going to be a GREAT series :hungry:

GOBLUEADAM
05-27-2008, 12:34 AM
Ah vand3537, you kind of left somebody out of that matchup? You know the team that you guys beat for the 2005 championship?

Septic
05-27-2008, 01:01 AM
Nm

Supreme_Being
05-27-2008, 04:18 AM
Why am I not surprised?

JamStone
05-27-2008, 04:46 AM
First of all, wrong section.

Secondly, the Pistons didn't get "Sterned" last night. The Pistons fouled a lot. They weren't allowing lay-ups or dunks and they were aggressive and active on defense.

The game wasn't called as lopsided as the free throws might indicate.

hsxvvd
05-27-2008, 06:15 AM
Thank christ we dont have any young boys on our team, we have Joey Crawford game 4 and I'd hate to see them "Crawforded".

ancestron
05-27-2008, 07:04 AM
I keep thinking it says "Detroit Gets Stoned!"

and I'm like, "so thats why they won."

polandprzem
05-27-2008, 07:17 AM
Detroit fouled too much but on the other side they did not let Boston get into the rythym.

Great defensive effort by A Motown team :tu

Good hustle and closing passing lanes, being faster on the position plus offensive execution. Detroit is playing extreamly good now.

DarrinS
05-27-2008, 07:24 AM
Great game for McDyess.

Cocktics?

polandprzem
05-27-2008, 07:26 AM
Great game for McDyess.

Cocktics?

Cock tics?

Tyler_Durden
05-27-2008, 07:28 AM
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o170/ancestron/1-1.jpg

mrspurs
05-27-2008, 07:44 AM
agreed...the refs just plain suck............go spurs go

SpurAddict561
05-27-2008, 08:39 AM
I was just talking about this same thing with some of my coworkers...

There were definitely some horrible calls in that game

had Boston hit some of those easy shots they may have won

pathetic...

MadDog73
05-27-2008, 08:46 AM
Why are Spurs fans hating on Detroit?

I'd love to see a Spurs / Pistons rematch.

endrity
05-27-2008, 08:54 AM
remember when dirk had like 40 ftas against the spurs?

22!

Remember when Pop was covering Dirk with guys 4-5 inches shorter than him?

Remember when Duncan had mor FTAs than the whole Mavs team in game 7?

jmard5
05-27-2008, 08:59 AM
22!

Remember when Pop was covering Dirk with guys 4-5 inches shorter than him?

Remember when Duncan had mor FTAs than the whole Mavs team in game 7?

and?

Pistons < Spurs
05-27-2008, 09:05 AM
Hello and glad to see the Spurs ready to even up the series! But here in Motown, WE GOT STERNED! Tonight, if you could watch it, David Stern sent in a crew to FIX things for the Boston Cucktics, and to keep that LA vs Boston finals thing alive. IT DIDN'T WORK! We got a grade A, BOSTON GARDEN LIKE effort from the three gray shirted Stern Stooges of Bob Delaney, Dan Crawford, and Scott Foster.

Every Detroit foul was rewarded with a Boston freethrow. Almost every Cucktic foul was Detroit ball out of bounds, or they looked the other way! But these incompetant stooges, found themselves in a death struggle to keep a struggling Boston team IN THE GAME! The Stooges dished out 56 fouls, 65 total freethrows. They gave the Cucktics 39 F'N FREETHROWS! They got 32 chain dragging points from the idiots in the gray shirts to keep them hanging around and in the game. The Pistons won this game by 19 points, but without the chains on their ankles, they should've won by 40! Now we won the game, but our fans are PISSED TO THE HIGHIEST OFF PISTIVITY! Especially the ones who paid money and had to sit in the Palace to witness this foul infested officiating crew! This is what you have to look forward to Spurs fans, SO BE READY FOR ANYTHING! The Two Men and a Half shot 33%, and the Pistons shot 51%, but if that game was in Boston, Detroit loses! For game 5, we're going into BOSTON, WITH A MASK ON, BECAUSE WE'VE GOT TO STEAL ONE!

CRUSH LA!

Other than the 'Crush LA' at the end, this is a completely ignorant post.

It's obvious you watched the game with your Pistons blue tinted Homer glasses on the entire night.

Your shocked in the disparity from the free throw line when Boston constantly got in the paint and attacked, and we shot jumpers? Intelligent.

Detroit played a physical and aggressive defense. They got in their face every time the went to the basket. They tried to slap balls away. They shoved, pushed and bodied their way into negating easy buckets. The were purposely denying layups. The Pistons play put Boston on the stripe. Not the Refs. Our tough minded D is largely what won us the game, but it also put them on the line. What is so hard to understand about that?

You can bitch about the officials calling an ugly game with lots of stoppages. About calling a tight game, and not allowing a lot of physicality, but to suggest the game was called unfair is ridiculous. Sure there was a few bad calls. Always are. But I'd say there was less than 8 whistles all night that could have gone either way.

When the Pistons become a team that drives the lane with any sort of consistency and get a PF/C combo that mostly plays under the rim, then you can bitch about FT's if we don't get to the stripe as often. And our one player who does go strong to the hoop (Stuckey) settled for jumpers.

And if you really wanted to have an unbiased take on officiating and how it effects the Pistons, you'd acknowledge that Rip could and should get called for fouls a hell of a lot more than he does. He gets away with shit that most don't. On both sides of the floor, he grabs, slaps, clutches, punches, and does anything else he can think of to either gain or deny separation. Just like holding calls in the NFL, you could pratically blow a whistle on Rip on almost every play. But luckily for us, that doesn't happen!

spursfanmom
05-27-2008, 09:06 AM
I see the Spurs and Pistons in similar situations, and if you don't see the extreme effort to get a Lakers/Celtics final, you are blind.

Think about it - Spurs got so many 2 day breaks until this series. All of a sudden, we play every other day. And if we really get Joey Crawford for a home game, that bites. He has such a anti-Spurs chip on his shoulder. How can a league suspend the guy last year for trying to meet Duncan after the game for a fight:ihit (ha!) and then turn around and reward him the next season with playoff duty. Do they really have no one better?

The Spurs and Pistons will have to climb uphill to make the finals and I hope they do it. I am rooting for you!:flag:

GOBLUEADAM
05-28-2008, 12:23 AM
Some people on this board, totally blew off what I was warning you off, and it happened. I bet you'll believe me now!

Some people on the Piston boards say they don't care about the Spurs getting FOULED and losing to the Fakers. Well, they should! Because that $#!+ that I saw tonight, and last night with the 39 freethrows, has REALLY BREATHED LIFE INTO THE NBA CONSPIRACY! If it can happen to them, it will happen to us! There is NO GD WAY, that Berry was not fouled on that attempt! Fischer HIT BERRY IN THE HEAD WITH AN ELBOW THAT TRIPLE HHH OF THE WWE WOULD BE PROUD OF! That was brutal, discusting, and it pi-ssed me off to the point of where I am still angry.

Well it looks like Darth Stern is gonna get his beloved Fakers into the finals by hook or crook! And he might have the Three Stooges screw us again in Boston tonight, but somewhere down the line this is gonna catch up with the league and Mr.Stern! Yes they talk about possible point shaving in football, people betting on baseball games, and yes college hoops, but the NBA has an ex rouge ref out there named Tim Donaghy, who got caught fixing games, but has been trying to tell us something, BUT NOBODY IS LISTENING! The league is fixed! Yes it was one call, it should not have come down to that play, but it did! Normally I would've said it was just a play that a ref has got to swallow his whistle, but in that situation, the league is saying you will only get a call if he pulls out a hunting knife and draws blood? Stern and networks will try and spin this one clean, but the rest of the basketball world is still trying wash the stink of last night's 65 freethrows, 56 fouls, and 39 freethrows for one team, away! THE ODOR COMING FROM SAN ANTONIO'S REF LOCKEROOM IS FOUL! The refs blew the call, turned the other cheek, looked at the cheerleaders, or they just swallowed the tweeter and Lakers will move on, and I hope David Stern CHOKES ON IT!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/TurnpikeJoe/VinceNBASternWWFJPEG.jpg
You were done wrong, and you've just been STERNED!

LakerRings
05-28-2008, 12:25 AM
there were 25 horrible calls and no calls that went the spurs way all night. quit whining you sound like a little girl.

DD
05-28-2008, 12:28 AM
good to see piston and spur fans enjoying their little circle jerk...who's the pivot man?

spurscenter
05-28-2008, 12:37 AM

CRUSH LA!

amen