PDA

View Full Version : do you guys think game 4 winner will determine the series?

RsxPiimp
05-27-2008, 06:31 AM
lakers win, no way spurs will come back from 3-1 deficit

spurs win, i think they will also take game 5 by surprise, lakers will fold and im sure their fragile confidence will doom them against a defending champs and much more experienced team.

lakers may possibly win game 6 but spurs will eventually finish them at staples in 7.

agree?

GrandeDavid
05-27-2008, 06:35 AM
Lakers win, its over. Spurs win, they still have a shot.

mrspurs
05-27-2008, 07:47 AM
agreed, lakers win its over......only way we win is.......if horry doesnt shoot the ball and plays defense like big men are supposed to....game 3 looked liked horry was told...shoot the ball and we bench your sorry butt, you best play defense and help timmy you 6'10 shooting guard wanna be....id rather see big block rob or cheap shot bob, not big brick bob..........go spurs go

Tyler_Durden
05-27-2008, 07:50 AM
Only after disaster can we be resurrected.

slayermin
05-27-2008, 07:59 AM
I expect this game to be similar to game three against the Hornets. We will probably have to outscore them.

2centsworth
05-27-2008, 08:05 AM
I absolutely believe this will determine the series.

1Parker1
05-27-2008, 08:09 AM

Exactly

nikegirl
05-27-2008, 08:19 AM

This one.

How can game 4 be decisive for both teams when the only thing it'll do for the Spurs is get them out of the hole and back to square one?

MadDog73
05-27-2008, 08:24 AM
Tonight we see how the Lakers respond.

If the Spurs can win another came by 19+ points, pressure is going to be on the Lakers to win Game 5.

If the Spurs can't win tonight, I hate to say it, but we lose in 5.

Rummpd
05-27-2008, 08:57 AM
I am not buying that the Spurs absolutely cannot comeback down 3-1. Spurs have won 3 in a row before including 2 on the road. Go to LA get a win, come back and win at home = then the pressure is back on LAL in game 7.

hater
05-27-2008, 09:00 AM

not true. Spurs could win game 5 in LA.

Remember they already won 2 elimination games this playoffs.

jbspurs
05-27-2008, 09:52 AM
This one.

How can game 4 be decisive for both teams when the only thing it'll do for the Spurs is get them out of the hole and back to square one?

momentum change

MarceloM!
05-27-2008, 10:17 AM
Game by Game. This is the more important. Before that, Spurs can win the series.

MadDog73
05-27-2008, 10:21 AM
not true. Spurs could win game 5 in LA.

Remember they already won 2 elimination games this playoffs.

Yeah, but Game 6 vs Hornets was in SA.

The Spurs would have to win 3 elimination games in a row if they lost tonight...

Something they have never done.

Of course, it's possible, but we're just saying it's not very likely.

2centsworth
05-27-2008, 10:25 AM
The Series is over tonight!

boutons_
05-27-2008, 10:34 AM
Going to LA 1-3, then winning 3 straight elimination games, with 2 in LA, to take the series is beyond these Spurs, and most teams.

The Spurs were down 1-3 vs Mavs, but had HCA to pull even, then lost Game7 @ATT.

The Spurs must get to 2-2, or It's Ova.

Go Spurs Go

degenerate_gambler
05-27-2008, 10:39 AM
Think this game will be close all the way...

And yes, tonite's winner will win the series.

Budkin
05-27-2008, 11:04 AM
Agreed that it's over if Spurs lose tonight, which they won't. Game 5 is obviously huge as I can't imagine them taking two Game 7s on the road in one playoff run, but you never know.

KB24 MVP
05-27-2008, 11:11 AM
Spurs outscore the Lakes without defense hahahahaha please thats like sayng Timberwolves making the playoffs in the west hahahaha let alone the finals

LakerFanSince84
05-27-2008, 11:37 AM
A Spurs win tonight will only mean they held serve, no more no less. Quit trying to be so philosophical about something that's so simple. If the Lakers win tonight this series for all intensive purposes, is over! As the the likelihood the Spurs beat the Lakers 3 in a row (twice at Staples) is very slim!

VinnyTestesVerde
05-27-2008, 11:48 AM

:tu

101A
05-27-2008, 11:51 AM
A Spurs win tonight will only mean they held serve, no more no less. Quit trying to be so philosophical about something that's so simple. If the Lakers win tonight this series for all intensive purposes, is over! As the the likelihood the Spurs beat the Lakers 3 in a row (twice at Staples) is very slim!

""intensive purposes"

lol.

xtremesteven33
05-27-2008, 11:55 AM
if spurs lose tonight its not over yet. is the casket closed? did they kick the bucket? did they cash in thier chips? did they put the stake in thier heart?

its first team to 4 games.

i would NEVER count the spurs out until theyre out. yall spurs fans should know better than that

Deimosfobos
05-27-2008, 12:06 PM
Game 4 is the series imo... for both.

DazedAndConfused
05-27-2008, 12:11 PM
Never count the Spurs out until they lose 4 games.

That being said LAL can afford to lose this game and not lose the series. They just need to make sure they aren't blown out. Same shit happened in Utah, they took Game 4 to overtime and it gave them confidence they can beat Utah on the road which they ended up doing in Game 6.

trjons
05-27-2008, 12:22 PM
Critical for San Antonio, would be nice for L.A.

ambchang
05-27-2008, 12:24 PM
I am not buying that the Spurs absolutely cannot comeback down 3-1. Spurs have won 3 in a row before including 2 on the road. Go to LA get a win, come back and win at home = then the pressure is back on LAL in game 7.

+1

TampaDude
05-27-2008, 12:24 PM

+1 Pretty much...but you gotta win 4 of 7 to advance.

I'm confident the Spurs will win Game 4, though...I don't see them losing at home in what is essentially a "must win" game.

GO SPURS GO!!! :flag:

BiZNicK
05-27-2008, 12:26 PM
Reverse 2004, effect

:toast

nfg3
05-27-2008, 02:30 PM
If Spurs lose game 4 then it would be improbable that they win 3 in a row. Not impossible just improbable.

Spurs win = hold serve. Then it becomes a best 2 out of 3 series. LAL having the a big edge in youth and Spurs having the overall experience.

With Joey Crawford as crew chief I expect a closer game than if another one was assigned.

Mr.Franchize
05-27-2008, 02:31 PM
if lakers win its over. if spurs win we have a brand new series best of 3

easjer
05-27-2008, 02:52 PM
While the series has to play 5 games minimum - if the Spurs lose tonight, the series is effectively over. It would not be impossible to win 3 in a row, but it would be the next thing to it.

But they don't need to worry about game 5 or anything after. The bottom line is tonight - they need to win tonight. This game is the only one that matters.

Texas_Ranger
05-27-2008, 02:55 PM
No.

Indazone
05-27-2008, 02:57 PM
speaking from a purely statistical point of view. The outcome of game 4 does not in anyway affect the outcome of game 5, 6, or 7.

Spurminator
05-27-2008, 02:58 PM
The series will be determined by the team that wins four games.

Losing tonight would be disheartening, but the Spurs have won 5 of 6 games facing elimination so I won't be ready to count them out unless the clock is at zero on their fourth loss of the series.

awktalk
05-27-2008, 03:07 PM
The Lakers blew a 3-1 lead to the Suns last year. We handled the Suns, with this same team, two straight years with relative ease. This Laker team is not much better than last year, and haven't played together through any adversity. Obviously a 1-3 hole is not ideal for the Spurs, but no way do I give up on them until the Lakers have 4 wins and the clock is at zero.

adding... this Spurs team has been through every bit of adversity this year and can handle anything thrown at them. See--> forcing 2ots in Game 1 of the Suns series, coming back from 0-2 against the Hornets and winning game 7 on the road. This thing ain't over, no matter the outcome tonight.

PDXSpursFan
05-27-2008, 04:00 PM
Critical for the Spurs... and the TNT Ratings ;)

41times
05-27-2008, 04:04 PM
I'm sure of this, if the Lakers win tonight it's over. Spurs can't beat L.A. 3 times in a row with 2 of them on the road. Not unless Kobe is out.

If the Spurs win tonight the series will likely go 7 and that's all anybody can ask for right now.

But don't expect any calls in game 7 if it does get to that. The league, Stern, wants Boston and L.A. and considering that 3 lowest rated Finals in the last 20 years All involved the Spurs, i think we know which way 'ol David Sperm will be leaning..........

DazedAndConfused
05-27-2008, 04:06 PM
The Lakers blew a 3-1 lead to the Suns last year. We handled the Suns, with this same team, two straight years with relative ease. This Laker team is not much better than last year, and haven't played together through any adversity. Obviously a 1-3 hole is not ideal for the Spurs, but no way do I give up on them until the Lakers have 4 wins and the clock is at zero.

adding... this Spurs team has been through every bit of adversity this year and can handle anything thrown at them. See--> forcing 2ots in Game 1 of the Suns series, coming back from 0-2 against the Hornets and winning game 7 on the road. This thing ain't over, no matter the outcome tonight.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

austinlakepirate
05-27-2008, 04:13 PM
No,

Every game will determine the winner of this series. Both teams will fight to the end. Both teams have a very strong will to win.

EJK5032
05-27-2008, 04:21 PM
Yes........Spurs in 6 !!!

Sense
05-27-2008, 04:33 PM
I feel confident about the Spurs after the last game... I don't feel as nervous as I felt when we were down 0-2 against the Hornets...

The Spurs are a good match up against the Lakers... I wouldn't give up on the Spurs if they lost tonight.. but I really highly doubt it's going to happen...The Spurs have been needing confidence to make shots... Manu had it last game and he showed up... the more confident they feel the better they will play... and considering they match up well against the Lakers it will only revive em.

SpursChampsIII
05-27-2008, 05:10 PM
It's simple--the first team to win a road game will win the series. I like the Spurs chances with a win tonight.

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2: + :lobt2:

:flag:

resistanze
05-27-2008, 05:27 PM

It wasn't last year, it was 2 years ago. And the Lakers squad was completely different than it was now. That series has absolutely no relevance to this WCF series.

That being said, I believe the Spurs will tie up the series tonight. If they can't do that on their home floor in a critical game, I don't know why I'd have confidence in them winning 3 straight.

ForeignFan
05-27-2008, 05:48 PM
Yes if Lakers win. No if Spurs win

nikegirl
05-27-2008, 07:09 PM
momentum change

I think momentum is overrated. I mean after 2 wins by the Hornets you wouldve thought they had all the momentum in the world. Heck even the Spurs winning 2 straight gave them all the momentum in the world. But both still lost after having so much momentum.

Each and every game can have a different outcome. I think momentum only works when a big game ends in a certain way. Or being up 3-0 or 3-1.

Deb
05-27-2008, 07:29 PM
Spurs outscore the Lakes without defense hahahahaha please thats like sayng Timberwolves making the playoffs in the west hahahaha let alone the finals

hahahaha
hahahaha

You must be taking a break from your sixth grade homework:lmao