PDA

View Full Version : keys to game 4 for both teams

turiaf for president
05-27-2008, 11:40 AM
i think the keys to victories are:

Spurs victory
the big three needs to play effective and another role guy like barry, finley, or udoka needs to have a solid game.

Duncan will get his numbers especially if phil stays single coverage with pau

parker will get his 18 and 7

they wild card is manu. if he playes like he did in game 3, its going to be tough for the lakers to win game 4. having said that, manu hit some ridiculous shots on fisher and sashas heads. i dont think he'll have that crazy of a game but will be effective tonite.

Lakers victory
kobe will be kobe but the biggest wildcard is odom. he NEEDS to take oberto and horry to the hole and finish strong. there is no way they can check him if odom is aggressive. and he needs to make FT's.

fisher also needs to knock down his open shots. i think he has proven his playoff prowless and will come to play tonite.

the bench also needs to play well for the lakers to have a chance tonite. as with the cases so far in the playoffs. the younger benches play way better at home. they feel more comfortable and feed off the crowd. if the lakers get some good bench play along with odom and fisher playing like they did all year, i feel they can steal a game at the alamo. (or at&t now)

DazedAndConfused
05-27-2008, 12:10 PM
I expect Ginobli to have a good game tonight. It's going to be tough for the Lakers to pull out a win, but if everyone comes to play they can eek one out.

The key is to stay close with SAS the whole game and then take over when they go through one of their droughts. If the Spurs have a 10pt lead coming into the 4th it's going to be very difficult to pull off a win.

BiZNicK
05-27-2008, 12:37 PM
Play Barry more, especially as backup point guard.

Find some easy buckets for Oberto in the paint. (That way Lakers are forced to guard him)

RUN on the fast break. After a Laker's missed shot I want to see two Spurs' guards on the fast break at all times! Make the Lakers play some transition defense.

Bowen must be guarding Kobe at all times! Bowen rests when Kobe rests.

Manu being more aggressive in the paint.

Horry must be banned from shooting, just play defense and rebound.

Mr. Body
05-27-2008, 12:39 PM
Key for the Lakers will be Turiaf pounding his chest and yelling on the sidelines.

TampaDude
05-27-2008, 12:49 PM
Uh...score more points than the other team??? :lol

41times
05-27-2008, 01:05 PM
As stated during the Hornets series, Game 4 is the key game for the lower seeded team. Usually it goes first 2 to the home team, game 3 to the lower seed when they return home and then Game 4 is the big game.

The Spurs proved they were up for the fight in the Hornets series taking game 4 and then 6&7.

The question is; Does LA have more killer instinct than the young Hornets?
Will Kobe go crazy and score 50 and break the Spurs heart.

Game 4 is always my favorite game to watch. It tells so much about a home team and the visiting team.

Spurs win tonight and the series goes 7. Spurs loss tonight and it ends in 5.
To say it is a must win tonight is an understatment.

trjons
05-27-2008, 01:10 PM
Spurs need a win tonight to extend this to 6.

Mr. Body
05-27-2008, 01:12 PM
Spurs win tonight and the series goes 7. Spurs loss tonight and it ends in 5.
To say it is a must win tonight is an understatment.

All good points, but it's not necessarily over with a Spurs' loss tonight. I think they still lose the series, but in that case they have enough pride and old dudes fighting for the end of their careers to not push it one more game.