PDA

View Full Version : Kobe one-on-one against Tim

2Cleva
05-27-2008, 12:58 PM
Not sure if this has been posted. Simply horrible. A lowpoint in Lakers and Spurs history.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4qnba_sprite-kobe-bryant-and-tim-duncan-1_ads

CubanSucks
05-27-2008, 01:05 PM
That's fucking funny. I thought you were going to post some sort of hate video with Tim in it or something.

Medvedenko
05-27-2008, 01:09 PM
Yup, pretty good. As much as the fans like to bitch at each other....The Laker and Spur players really like each other. From TD to Kobe, to Turiaf to Parker they all seem to enjoy each others play and company. I see during stopages in play that they are chuckling and having a good time.

IronMexican
05-27-2008, 01:10 PM
it's so funny to me how they looked stylish back then, now you would get toasted wearing that.

DarrinS
05-27-2008, 01:12 PM
Yup, pretty good. As much as the fans like to bitch at each other....The Laker and Spur players really like each other. From TD to Kobe, to Turiaf to Parker they all seem to enjoy each others play and company. I see during stopages in play that they are chuckling and having a good time.

Bruce and Sasha go line dancing together.

hater
05-27-2008, 01:23 PM
LOL at calling missy some random lady

MaNuMaNiAc
05-27-2008, 01:25 PM
damn! Kobe hasn't changed a bit since then, but Duncan looks so young you would think that shit was from the late 80s :lol

Man In Black
05-27-2008, 01:29 PM
I asked NBA Legend Bob Lanier what would happen if Tim Duncan played Kobe in a 1-on-1 game? He literally answered, "Tim would just back Kobe down to the rim and then hit him with an array of close-range shots and his ability to do that would get him an easy W."

Medvedenko
05-27-2008, 01:31 PM
I asked NBA Legend Bob Lanier what would happen if Tim Duncan played Kobe in a 1-on-1 game? He literally answered, "Tim would just back Kobe down to the rim and then hit him with an array of close-range shots and his ability to do that would get him an easy W."

And Kobe would shoot midrange jumpers all day as TD wouldn't stand a chance on the perimeter gaurding him. It works both ways.

nkdlunch
05-27-2008, 01:34 PM
Kobe would get destroyed in a 1-1

JamStone
05-27-2008, 01:36 PM
Both players should be ashamed of that commercial.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-27-2008, 01:38 PM
And Kobe would shoot midrange jumpers all day as TD wouldn't stand a chance on the perimeter gaurding him. It works both ways.

You can't be serious. Kobe has no chance in hell of defending Duncan in any way, shape or form, which means Kobe would have to make each and every one of his baskets against one of the best defenders in the league... This is a mismatch of biblical proportions. You can't pit a player Kobe's size against one with Duncan's height and reach, not to mention defensive abilities. I have the utmost respect for Kobe but I don't think so :lol

polandprzem
05-27-2008, 01:40 PM
:pctoss

Kobe won

Medvedenko
05-27-2008, 01:47 PM
You can't be serious. Kobe has no chance in hell of defending Duncan in any way, shape or form, which means Kobe would have to make each and every one of his baskets against one of the best defenders in the league... This is a mismatch of biblical proportions. You can't pit a player Kobe's size against one with Duncan's height and reach, not to mention defensive abilities. I have the utmost respect for Kobe but I don't think so :lol

Have you played a game of 1 on 1....

MaNuMaNiAc
05-27-2008, 01:47 PM
Have you played a game of 1 on 1....

I have. What's your point?

Sigz
05-27-2008, 01:50 PM
lol I love the OP's gif of Manu and Tim.

JamStone
05-27-2008, 01:57 PM

If Kobe gets the ball first, you don't think he could rattle off 12-15 straight shots or however many points they play up to? Duncan can't play up on his jumper or Kobe would blow by him. Ducan gives him space, Kobe rains jumpers all day.

Kobe can't stop Duncan but Duncan can't stop Kobe either.

It's whoever gets the ball first.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-27-2008, 02:04 PM
If Kobe gets the ball first, you don't think he could rattle off 12-15 straight shots or however many points they play up to? Duncan can't play up on his jumper or Kobe would blow by him. Ducan gives him space, Kobe rains jumpers all day.

Kobe can't stop Duncan but Duncan can't stop Kobe either.

It's whoever gets the ball first.

Kobe's shots are lower percentage shots. Duncan's game is close to the rim. Kobe's is bound to miss more jumpers than Duncan's reliable bank shot and layups. As long as Duncan does this, the odds are in his favor. Kobe has speed against him that's true, but Kobe ain't getting no easy layups let me tell you. He'll have to live with the jumper, and he's bound to miss that more often than Tim.

2Cleva
05-27-2008, 02:05 PM
Oh jeesus. Trying to compare Kobe vs Duncan?

Here's the winner - whoever gets to the Finals this year.

Medvedenko
05-27-2008, 02:06 PM
Kobe's shots are lower percentage shots. Duncan's game is close to the rim. Kobe's is bound to miss more jumpers than Duncan's reliable bank shot and layups. As long as Duncan does this, the odds are in his favor. Kobe has speed against him that's true, but Kobe ain't getting no easy layups let me tell you. He'll have to live with the jumper, and he's bound to miss that more often than Tim.

Just stop...it's a fucking 1 on 1 game....he's not going to launching half court shots. No easy layups...hmm than it's 12 foot jumpers all day long with no other defenders, his percentage will 100%. TD comes up and there will be layups after layups. Can't you see this. Manu would destroy TD as well.

RandomGuy
05-27-2008, 02:11 PM
LOL at calling missy some random lady

Not to be confused with Random's lady. :married:

MaNuMaNiAc
05-27-2008, 02:12 PM
Just stop...it's a fucking 1 on 1 game....he's not going to launching half court shots. No easy layups...hmm than it's 12 foot jumpers all day long with no other defenders, his percentage will 100%. TD comes up and there will be layups after layups. Can't you see this. Manu would destroy TD as well.

I honestly don't see that happening. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one, unless there's a 1 on 1 NBA tournament in the near future.

Medvedenko
05-27-2008, 02:13 PM
I honestly don't see that happening. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one, unless there's a 1 on 1 NBA tournament in the near future.

That would be awesome, especially in all-star weekend.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-27-2008, 02:15 PM
That would be awesome, especially in all-star weekend.

SHIEEET! I'd watch it!

Medvedenko
05-27-2008, 02:15 PM
Also you have to remember, that during a 1 on 1 game you take the ball outside the 3 line at minimum foul line extended. TD would get the ball and at least have to put it on the floor and only way he could get to the rim is if he played but ball as soon as he got the ball.

BlackSwordsMan
05-27-2008, 02:16 PM
If they used a white chick rapper Kobe wouldn't be able to finish this commercial.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-27-2008, 02:17 PM
Also you have to remember, that during a 1 on 1 game you take the ball outside the 3 line at minimum foul line extended. TD would get the ball and at least have to put it on the floor and only way he could get to the rim is if he played but ball as soon as he got the ball.

I never said it wouldn't be ugly :lol

Soul_Patch
05-27-2008, 02:45 PM

Little difference in the shooting percentage of mid-range jumpers and layup / dunks..

Man In Black
05-27-2008, 02:47 PM
Man...I knew that the Kobe lovers would get easily irked. I told you I asked Bob point-blank about how it would go down. NONE OF YOU, IN FACT ALL OF YOU, don't have a leg to stand on because you've never played at the highest levels. Bob has. In fact, Bob is the last winner of an NBA-sanctioned 1-on-1 event. He schooled Jojo White of the Celtics in the finals.
Going back to 1989, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar played Julius Erving. You could consider that a Duncan-like Post player against a Kobe-like wing. Abdul-Jabbar did what Bob did which is what Duncan would do...he backed down Doc keeping Doc away from the ball by using his body as a shield and dribbled his way down to the hoop. NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY, THE FG%'s favor the one who shoots closest to the rim. A 12 -15 foot jumper is not automatic. A layup though...not automatic as well but statistically speaking, much, much easier.

TD would get the ball and at least have to put it on the floor and only way he could get to the rim is if he played but ball as soon as he got the ball.
What exactly are you trying to say here?

LakerLanny
05-27-2008, 02:54 PM
Man...I knew that the Kobe lovers would get easily irked. I told you I asked Bob point-blank about how it would go down. NONE OF YOU, IN FACT ALL OF YOU, don't have a leg to stand on because you've never played at the highest levels. Bob has. In fact, Bob is the last winner of an NBA-sanctioned 1-on-1 event. He schooled Jojo White of the Celtics in the finals.
Going back to 1989, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar played Julius Erving. You could consider that a Duncan-like Post player against a Kobe-like wing. Abdul-Jabbar did what Bob did which is what Duncan would do...he backed down Doc keeping Doc away from the ball by using his body as a shield and dribbled his way down to the hoop. NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY, THE FG%'s favor the one who shoots closest to the rim. A 12 -15 foot jumper is not automatic. A layup though...not automatic as well but statistically speaking, much, much easier.

Why don't you create a 2nd screen name and post back and forth with yourself to make it look like someone agrees with you.

You know, like you did on Lakersground. :nope

Medvedenko
05-27-2008, 02:56 PM

Taking the ball outside the 3 line and you don't think a wing player could poke the ball out or disrupt the back to the basket dribble. It's not like TD will be catching the ball deep in the post. How is Duncan going to stop Kobe by the way.

Man In Black
05-27-2008, 03:50 PM
C'mon LL...I kicked your ass regularly on a day-to-day basis at LG. They just got tired of me being right and riling you all up because I was right. I will concede that you know this game as well as I do as long as you concede that you're just as biased as I am.

Are you saying that Duncan, Lanier, and Abdul-Jabbar are just post guys that have no dribbling skills and can't possibly get past the cat-like quickness that Kobe, Jojo White, and Dr. J has?
Did 2Clevas video not show you that Duncan can dribble very well for a big man?

Taco
05-27-2008, 03:52 PM
Not sure if this has been posted. Simply horrible. A lowpoint in Lakers and Spurs history.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4qnba_sprite-kobe-bryant-and-tim-duncan-1_ads

:lol

I DON'T EVER REMEMBER SEEING THAT COMMERCIAL