PDA

View Full Version : Nothing quite like ESPN....

Cry Havoc
05-27-2008, 02:46 PM
The day of a huge titanic clash of powers in the tightest Western Conference in history, and the NBA front page obviously shows a great shot of Duncan vs. Kobe, or Manu throwing it down, or Odom making a move in traffic:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v116/whisperingstorm/espnfrontpage.jpg

Yup. That's the "world leader" in sports providing you with the most relevant information in the NBA.

urunobili
05-27-2008, 02:49 PM
the bulls should draft Rose

SpurFanatic
05-27-2008, 02:52 PM
typical ESPN they should stick to covering Dancing with the Stars highlights and go back to the roots of the ESPN acronym...

QuietDynasty
05-27-2008, 03:05 PM
J Adande is an asshole, waiting to shit on the spurs on any opportunity, truth is he can't pick em

G-Nob
05-27-2008, 03:20 PM
Why did you expect anything more?

Doug Collins
05-27-2008, 03:25 PM
They're not going to overly promote the WCF in a year that they have the rights to the ECF.

JamStone
05-27-2008, 03:33 PM
Dude it's game 4. Not a series clincher for either team.

I think most people who follow the NBA know there's a game tonight.

balli
05-27-2008, 03:35 PM
J Adande is an asshole, waiting to shit on the spurs on any opportunity, truth is he can't pick em

Ummmmmmm... Settle down persecution complex. Two of his last three columns have been glowingly positive profiles of Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili and Robert Horry. All Spurs players I believe.

Looking at all of the names on that list makes you realize we sell Duncan short when we refer to him as the best power forward of all time. He really should be in the conversation of best big man -- period -- part of the argument along with Russell, Wilt, Kareem, Hakeem and Shaq.
The one thing you can't call him, though, is The Man for the 2007 Spurs. That title belongs to Ginobili. In that case, make it El Hombre.

Ginobili came through like a T1 connection Sunday, especially during a minute-long stretch in the second quarter when he scored nine points on a pair of 3-pointers and a layup-and-one.

If Horry's latest is his last, it ain't pretty. Bothered by a left knee that had to be drained of excess fluid, he has yet to make a shot in the Western Conference finals, one of the reasons the Spurs trail the Lakers 2-1. His future is uncertain. He'll be a free agent in July and will turn 38 in August. He said he still has fun and wants to play two more years.
And I feel like little Joey in that I don't want to see Horry/Shane leave. Because when he's gone, you'll never see another player like him. The greatest winner of his era. The last NBA cowboy.

Just know this: The NBA hasn't seen a winner like Horry in three decades.

Cry Havoc
05-27-2008, 04:07 PM
Dude it's game 4. Not a series clincher for either team.

I think most people who follow the NBA know there's a game tonight.

By that logic, they shouldn't bother to mention the Superbowl on the few days running up to the event. I mean, since everyone knows it's going to be on, why promote it, right?

balli
05-27-2008, 04:09 PM
By that logic, they shouldn't bother to mention the Superbowl on the few days running up to the event. I mean, since everyone knows it's going to be on, why promote it, right?

They're not going to overly promote the WCF in a year that they have the rights to the ECF.

FromWayDowntown
05-27-2008, 04:11 PM
Ante Tomic? Another foreign big man?

Oh, Gee!!
05-27-2008, 04:11 PM

game. set. match.

dbreiden83080
05-27-2008, 04:13 PM
ESPN coverage has gotten worse the last few years

Oh, Gee!!
05-27-2008, 04:13 PM
http://www.tnt.tv/sports/

trjons
05-27-2008, 04:14 PM
Ummmmmmm... Settle down persecution complex. Two of his last three columns have been glowingly positive profiles of Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili and Robert Horry. All Spurs players I believe.

Yup. Adande is an unabashed Laker hater ever since they traded Shaq. I think he had a man crush on Shaq.

PacerFan
05-27-2008, 04:15 PM
I am surprised there were not five baseball stories on the first page.

Commissioner Stern
05-27-2008, 04:35 PM
I avoid using foul language even though it seems to be encouraged in this forum.

But...

J.A. Adande would suck Shaq's shlong if Shaq would let him. When Shaq was w/ the Lakers, Adande had an "in" w/ Shaq and was able to get exclusive entry into parties thrown by Shaq. When the Lakers traded Shaq, Adande became the premier Lakers/Kobe basher on the LA Times.

Now he does it for BSPN.

*hey... still no foul language. fuck.

200 miles
05-27-2008, 06:07 PM
i was just watching sportscenter and they were doing their "coverage on the Lakers" and Spurs and it is just amazing how far BSPN will go to ignore the Spurs by asking all Laker questions to Tim Legler

just amazing :rolleyes

Ludovician
05-27-2008, 06:11 PM
Some people can find anything to complain about.

rAm
05-27-2008, 06:12 PM
ESPN coverage has gotten worse the last few years

This is because ABC bought them out and commercialized the shit out of them.

For some reason I still watch 50-60% ESPN tho :/

Avitus1
05-27-2008, 06:52 PM
I'm not convinced that ABC/ESPN actually know how to market basketball.

Jimmy Bobby
05-27-2008, 07:01 PM
ESPN's radio product is weak as well. Especially locally.

For the best sports coverage, go to Ticket 760. Mike Taylor is the true voice of the Spurs fan.

balli
05-27-2008, 07:21 PM
I'm not convinced that ABC/ESPN actually know how to market basketball.

I know. What does it say about the state of ABC that the NBA on NBC's marketing/presentation was about a billion times better despite being about 10years older?

romad_20
05-27-2008, 07:31 PM
I know. What does it say about the state of ABC that the NBA on NBC's marketing/presentation was about a billion times better despite being about 10years older?

I know people might not like to hear this but NBC had a much better product to work with. MJ brought in people who had never watched basketball before or since he left, for that matter. He was the best to ever play, everyone was going to watch, either to root for him or to root against him. I'm not making excuses for ABC because their coverage does suck but a lot of people just are not interested in the NBA anymore. I have a friend who is a sports fanatic. He follows everything including baseball from opening day and MLS and will not watch the NBA. I have no idea what his reasons are, he and many others just feel that way.

balli
05-29-2008, 01:21 PM
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s219/ballijuana/ESPN.jpg