PDA

View Full Version : Kobe's KILLER Instinct............Spurs fans take note

Spur Spoiler
05-27-2008, 05:24 PM
Good article on Kobe from SI. People need to stop the hating for a second and recognize one of the greatest competitors of all time.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/chris_ballard/05/27/kobe0602/index.html

SRJ
05-27-2008, 05:26 PM
"Hating" :lol

Summers
05-27-2008, 05:30 PM
Good article on Kobe from SI. People need to stop the hating for a second and recognize one of the greatest competitors of all time.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/chris_ballard/05/27/kobe0602/index.html

This is a Spurs forum. We can hate Kobe all we want. If you want to ride Kobe's jock go find a Lakers forum.

Spur Spoiler
05-27-2008, 05:34 PM
This is a Spurs forum. We can hate Kobe all we want. If you want to ride Kobe's jock go find a Lakers forum.

Keep your SA glasses on if it makes you feel better. This was geared towards fans of the NBA. Again, hate all you want. At some point you have to give him his props no matter where you live.

MissouriSpur
05-27-2008, 05:34 PM
I respect Kobe has a player but I still cannot stand the guy. He is a world class jerk and a ss hole.

lefty
05-27-2008, 05:36 PM
Killer instinct ????? :wtf

I thought he had the RAPER Instinct

wildbill2u
05-27-2008, 05:37 PM

Great article on Kobe. Only Manu has the same will to win, and Manu isn't as physically gifted.

SRJ
05-27-2008, 05:38 PM
How can a guy with Kobe's killer instinct not win the title every single year? Or put up only two shots in the second half of Gm. 7, 2006 first round versus the Suns?

Summers
05-27-2008, 05:40 PM
Edit: nevermind. I'm being bitchy.

:)

SRJ
05-27-2008, 05:47 PM
This was geared towards fans of the NBA.

Really? There are four basketball forums here: one is entitled "San Antonio Spurs", one is entitled "PistonTalk", one is entitled "RealKingsTalk", and one is entitled "Basketball News Central".

And you chose "San Antonio Spurs". Interesting choice.

xtremesteven33
05-27-2008, 05:48 PM
Raper instinct...haha classic

DazedAndConfused
05-27-2008, 05:51 PM
How can a guy with Kobe's killer instinct not win the title every single year? Or put up only two shots in the second half of Gm. 7, 2006 first round versus the Suns?

:lmao

ChumpDumper
05-27-2008, 05:52 PM
Again, hate all you want.Will do.

Lake_show
05-27-2008, 06:32 PM
You don't have to like him but you will respect him, he will retire arguably the greatest player of all time.

TampaDude
05-27-2008, 06:44 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y98/ThuggPassion/Funny/KobeUgonnaGetRAPED.jpg

romad_20
05-27-2008, 06:45 PM
You don't have to like him but you will respect him, he will retire arguably the greatest player of all time.

Um, no.

Anti.Hero
05-27-2008, 06:45 PM

Parts of his game. Not him.

honestfool84
05-27-2008, 06:47 PM

maybe top 10.

DEFINITELY after jordan.

but the fact that he never won a championship without shaq will always lead to an * next to his name.

ChickHearnMic
05-27-2008, 06:52 PM
Come on guys all this raper instinct crap needs to end.

First and foremost the girl showed up to the investigation with 5 different semens in her pantys.

For all you SPurs fans I know you can hate on Kobe or the Lakers all day , cool.

Just get some new jokes, the rape thing is slow and retarded. :spin

Remember 5 different semens in her victoria secret.

Lake_show
05-27-2008, 06:56 PM
maybe top 10.

DEFINITELY after jordan.

but the fact that he never won a championship without shaq will always lead to an * next to his name.

He's in good position to win this year, leading a Laker crew who doesn't have a player as good as Dennis Rodman of Scottie Pippen in their prime.

Jordan without pippen:

Under .500% winning % in regular season
1-9 record in playoffs
0 playoff series wins

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-27-2008, 07:18 PM
When I read the article, I was impressed with how legit and unique Kobe is, as one of those rare exceptional artists or athletes.

However, Kobe never learned how to be willing to lose or fail like the other greats did in their childhood to adulthood.

No doubt his exceptional skills and passion put him beyond just regular competitors, but there are a lot of negative attributes to it. A la, refusing to lose. (Hence the free throws. And holding teammates captive long after practice finished til' he could school them again. I like how he terrorized some 5'7 scrub in high school. )

He also is so full of himself, he probably drowned five times already in his narcissism during his lifetime.
Michael Jordan had the same stuff, but I don't think he took it that serious. He knew, but he didn't have to prove it ten million times over in the manner, "Say it...Say it, Say I'm the best basketballer in the world.. SAY IT! " a la Kobe in 2006 when he texted 30 phone messages to Charles Barkley until Charles apologized and threw him a bone the next game day.

Kobe's megalomania w/ basketball = insane dictator in another life.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-27-2008, 07:19 PM
maybe top 10.

DEFINITELY after jordan.

Dude, Kobe as plenty of time to win one without Shaq.

O-Factor
05-27-2008, 07:20 PM
Keep your SA glasses on if it makes you feel better. This was geared towards fans of the NBA. Again, hate all you want. At some point you have to give him his props no matter where you live.

:rolleyesKind of like how you've been classy and given the Spurs props?

SpurOutofTownFan
05-27-2008, 07:57 PM

I think most real fans respect Kobe but you picked the wrong moment and wrong time to do it.. if you didnt' want to get burned why did you post this in the first place and with those words along?

It's pretty stupid actually.

It's like if I go to a lakers forum and post something similar for Manu.

Now FUCK OFF

ipeefreely
05-27-2008, 08:02 PM
Killer instinct ????? :wtf

I thought he had the RAPER Instinct

Oh wait Vaughn for 39 tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO, what a joke....

Kobe cheats on his wife, along with 80% of the NBA players, you probably would too.....in the same situation......

I dont know him, care about him...whatever..

On playing the game we all love however.......

He is the greatest player on the planet and the reason the post season is exciting for a lot of people that enjoy B Ball

midgetonadonkey
05-27-2008, 08:02 PM

He is nowhere close the the greatest player of all time.

midgetonadonkey
05-27-2008, 08:04 PM
Come on guys all this raper instinct crap needs to end.

First and foremost the girl showed up to the investigation with 5 different semens in her pantys.

For all you SPurs fans I know you can hate on Kobe or the Lakers all day , cool.

Just get some new jokes, the rape thing is slow and retarded. :spin

Remember 5 different semens in her victoria secret.

So I guess you are saying that sluts can't get raped. I'm on my way out to find a whore and make her fuck me since it's impossible to rape a slut.

KobeOwnsBowen
05-27-2008, 08:13 PM
Well said. I agree totally.

midgetonadonkey
05-27-2008, 08:14 PM
Kobe won't even be a top 10 player of all time when he retires.

ipeefreely
05-27-2008, 08:15 PM
He is nowhere close the the greatest player of all time.

Well actually he is, but I said on the planet(meaning current) A rev that cant read, must make the bible a bitch huh?

ipeefreely
05-27-2008, 08:17 PM
Kobe won't even be a top 10 player of all time when he retires.

LOL< what a transparent hater(which really means, you love his game and cant admit it):lol

midgetonadonkey
05-27-2008, 08:21 PM
LOL< what a transparent hater(which really means, you love his game and cant admit it):lol

I really don't love a selfish player that jacks up 30+ shots a night and then calls out his team mates and asks to be traded. I don't see how anyone can respect a player like that.

balli
05-27-2008, 08:34 PM
I really don't love a selfish player that jacks up 30+ shots a night

Kobe's averaged 18.4 shots per game in his career. And just for the record Jordan averaged 22.9 and Duncan has averaged 16.3, about two less shots per game than Kobe.