PDA

View Full Version : Iran can become democracy without...

2centsworth
01-26-2005, 10:29 PM
military force. Iran seems ripe for change. Here's an informative article.

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/GuestColumns/printTaheri20030630.shtml

whottt
01-26-2005, 10:47 PM
This has always been known...why do you think Iran wasn't target #1?

Is it lost on you that two weak Iranian border countries will soon be powerful Democracies?

2centsworth
01-26-2005, 11:28 PM
I've seen a lot of positives in Iraq lately. Iran is going to be much harder than we think, but diplomacy is probably the only way to successfully transform that country. BTW, I'm a supporter of the Iraq invasion.

whottt
01-26-2005, 11:45 PM
Just sayin...

Many people have always asked why we went into Iraq and not Iran or Saudi Arabia...

Well #1.We didn't have 12 years of violations of cease fire agreements with those countries.
#2.They are much more powerful.

You don't implement the plan to get rid of the despotic mideastern rulers by going after the powerful ones first if you want to win...and no war strategy has ever worked that way.

I've always thought Iran had the potential to fall from within, they probably have the strongest pro-democracy element of any of the countries over there...that's why whether or not Iraq actually had WMD was never the key factor for me...

I always saw this plan as a way of putting pressure on Iran and the other hardline opressive governments.

And I agree, we won't have to go into Iran...but the threat of being able to do so will encourage Democratic change...it'll also tone down their terrorist breeding ideology..and if worse comes to worse, we are in a hell of a lot better position to go into Iran now than we would have been previously.

The President of Iran is actually pretty Pro-Western. It's the unpopular Ayatolah's the weild near total power over there that are the problem.

Nbadan
01-27-2005, 04:30 AM
I've seen a lot of positives in Iraq lately. Iran is going to be much harder than we think, but diplomacy is probably the only way to successfully transform that country. BTW, I'm a supporter of the Iraq invasion.

Iraq showed that the Neocons have little patience for diplomacy. Bush's inauguration speech made it clear that America, under the current regime, will not stand by idlely but will act forcefully to promote the NeoCon idealism of transforming repressive theocracies in the Middle East into western style democracies. We already have special forces troops invading Iranian territory. It just a matter of time before we or Israel bomb Iran.

2centsworth
01-27-2005, 11:09 AM
Iraq showed that the Neocons have little patience for diplomacy.

At least acknowledge the facts. 12 yrs of broken UN resolutions, and under Clinton and overwhelming Democratic support regime change in Iraq became official US policy.

However, if Iran continues it's nuclear aspirations Isreal probably will attack.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Media/Homepage/stones2.jpg