PDA

View Full Version : Best rivalry of the millenium=Lakers vs. Spurs

Killakobe81
05-27-2008, 09:41 PM
Not like the crazy fans on both sides ...I respect my opponent. The Lakers & Spurs have had some great moments ...
1. Spurs win in '99... Phil says there should be a * next to the title
2. Lakers win in in 2000-2002 which includes: Kobe's putback, Fisher going crazy for 3 and Shaq finally winning something that matters vs. the Admiral.
3. Spurs win in '03 ending the Lakers new dynasty Fisher & Bryant are in tears
4. In '04 it's the .04 Shot by Fish that is the geatest shot in this heated rivalry
5. In '05 SPurs win again ... and former Laker Horry's key 3 helps hold off the defending chamion Pistons ...Lakers miss playoffs ...'nuff said
6. In '06 Both miss the Finals losing to hated rivals the Suns and Mavs
7. In '07 Spurs win again winning their third title this decade to tie the Lakers for titles this decade ...

And now this year ...
Lakers edge Spurs & Hornets for top seed in competitive West
Lakers Spurs split 4 games in regular season
Playoffs so far.
Game 1 Lakers fall behind by 20 points in the 3rd ONLY to come back and win by 4 with a stirring comeback led by Kobe's 25 point 2nd half.
Game 2 Lakers blow-out the Spurs by 30 with a well-balanced effort.
Game 3 Spurs blowout led by a spectacular Manu 2nd quarter display

And next? I expect closer games that the last two. 2 great coaches. Proven clutch players. 2 sure-fire Hall of Famers ...
I expect a great last 4 games ...Both Lakers & Spur fans should enjoy ...

I love LA!!! :lobt2:

TampaDude
05-27-2008, 09:46 PM
Not like the crazy fans on both sides ...I respect my opponent. The Lakers & Spurs have had some great moments ...
1. Spurs win in '99... Phil says there should be a * next to the title
2. Lakers win in in 2000-2002 which includes: Kobe's putback, Fisher going crazy for 3 and Shaq finally winning something that matters vs. the Admiral.
3. Spurs win in '03 ending the Lakers new dynasty Fisher & Bryant are in tears
4. In '04 it's the .04 Shot by Fish that is the geatest shot in this heated rivalry
5. In '05 SPurs win again ... and former Laker Horry's key 3 helps hold off the defending chamion Pistons ...Lakers miss playoffs ...'nuff said
6. In '06 Both miss the Finals losing to hated rivals the Suns and Mavs
7. In '07 Spurs win again winning their third title this decade to tie the Lakers for titles this decade ...

And now this year ...
Lakers edge Spurs & Hornets for top seed in competitive West
Lakers Spurs split 4 games in regular season
Playoffs so far.
Game 1 Lakers fall behind by 20 points in the 3rd ONLY to come back and win by 4 with a stirring comeback led by Kobe's 25 point 2nd half.
Game 2 Lakers blow-out the Spurs by 30 with a well-balanced effort.
Game 3 Spurs blowout led by a spectacular Manu 2nd quarter display

And next? I expect closer games that the last two. 2 great coaches. Proven clutch players. 2 sure-fire Hall of Famers ...
I expect a great last 4 games ...Both Lakers & Spur fans should enjoy ...

I love LA!!! :lobt2:

Just one favor to ask...if the Lakers do manage to win this series, please, PLEASE crush the Celtics for me...I fucking hate Boston.

balli
05-27-2008, 09:50 PM
I really don't like SA, but no doubt these two teams are always fun to watch when they square off. Not only the best rivalry of the decade, but BY FAR the best rivalry of the decade.