PDA

View Full Version : Just tell it like it is Andy!

Hook Dem
01-26-2005, 11:08 PM
Right on, Andy Rooney!

Andy Rooney said on "60 Minutes" a few weeks back:

I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except numbers. The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America; and see what happens...Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door. Guns do not make you a killer. I think killing makes you a killer. You can kill someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is trying to ban you from driving to the ball game.

I believe they are called the Boy Scouts for a reason, that is why there are no girls allowed. Girls belong in the Girl Scouts! ARE YOU LISTENING MARTHA BURKE?

I think that if you feel homosexuality is wrong, it is not a phobia, it is an opinion.

I have the right "NOT" to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird, or tick me off.

When 70% of the people who get arrested are black, in cities where 70% of the population is black, that is not racial profiling, it is the Law of Probability.

I believe that if you are selling me a milkshake, a pack of cigarettes, a newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in English! As a matter of fact, if you want to be an American citizen, you should have to speak English!

My father and grandfather didn't die in vain so you can leave the countries you were born in to come over and disrespect ours. I think the police should have every right to shoot your sorry behind if you threaten them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand the word "freeze" or "stop" in English, see the above lines.

I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you are qualified for any special loan programs, government sponsored bank loans or tax breaks, etc., so you can open a hotel, coffee shop, trinket store, or any other business.

We did not go to the aid of certain foreign countries and risk our lives in wars to defend their freedoms, so that decades later they could come over here and tell us our constitution is a living document; and open to their interpretations.

I don't hate the rich. I don't pity the poor.

I know pro wrestling is fake, but so are movies and television. That doesn't stop you from watching them.

I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and continue to make more. If it ticks you off, go and invent the next operating system that's better, and put your name on the building.

It doesn't take a whole village to raise a child right, but it does take a parent to stand up to the kid; and smack their little behinds when necessary, and say "NO!"

I think tattoos and piercing are fine if you want them, but please don't pretend they are a political statement. And, please, stay home until that new lip ring heals. I don't want to look at your ugly infected mouth as you serve me French fries!

I am sick of "Political Correctness." I know a lot of black people, and not a single one of them was born in Africa; so how can they be "African-Americans"? Besides, Africa is a continent. I don't go around saying I am a European-American because my great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather was from Europe. I am proud to be from America and nowhere else

And if you don't like my point of view, tough...

JoeChalupa
01-26-2005, 11:11 PM
Andy is cool but I don't always agree with what he says and if you don't like my point of view, tough.

Hook Dem
01-26-2005, 11:15 PM
Andy is cool but I don't always agree with what he says and if you don't like my point of view, tough.
Nor do I Joe, but what about this?

Duff McCartney
01-26-2005, 11:21 PM
I think I'll take good old Andy's advice and not tolerate his geriatric ass.

Hook Dem
01-26-2005, 11:22 PM
I think I'll take good old Andy's advice and not tolerate his geriatric ass.
It may take you 50 years but you'll change your juvenile attitude. :lol Go squeeze your pimples junior!

Duff McCartney
01-26-2005, 11:24 PM
It may take you 50 years but you'll change your juvenile attitude. :lol Go squeeze your pimples junior!

Pimples? Talk about juvenile attitude.

Hook Dem
01-26-2005, 11:25 PM
I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter! :lol

JoeChalupa
01-26-2005, 11:29 PM
Well, I have friends who say they are Italian, or German or Greek and none of them were born in Italy, Germany or Greece.
I don't have a problem with someone who cannot speak English, that's what makes America great.
Bill Gates gives millions to charity and good for him for doing so.
He doesn't bitch about his taxes.
I like the Boy Scouts although I was kicked out for eating Brownies.
And there are "white" groups out there they are just not so obvious.
That's my take.

JoeChalupa
01-26-2005, 11:30 PM
Duff that clip cracks me up!!

Hook Dem
01-26-2005, 11:30 PM
Thanks for your 2 cents Joe.

JoeChalupa
01-26-2005, 11:35 PM
No prob.

Hey, what is up with the...road runner is it?

Hook Dem
01-27-2005, 12:03 AM
No prob.

Hey, what is up with the...road runner is it?
Been to Ft. Stockton one too many times. :lol

Spurminator
01-27-2005, 12:18 AM
I'm more than a bit skeptical about the legitimacy of this.

Hook Dem
01-27-2005, 12:23 AM
I'm more than a bit skeptical about the legitimacy of this.
Of course!

travis2
01-27-2005, 08:12 AM
Hoax.

First, I've seen it before.

Second...from Urban Legends Reference Pages (http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/rooney4.asp):

Claim: Commentator Andy Rooney explains his political views.

Examples: [Collected on the Internet, 2003]

{snip letter already posted}

Origins: Curmudgeonly 60 Minutes commentator Andy Rooney may have delivered a vituperative essay on French politics in 2003, but this piece elaborating on his own politics is not his creation. The text quoted above is too reactionary even for the acerbic Rooney, and the language used doesn't sound like him. ("Shoot your sorry ass" just isn't the kind of phrase Andy Rooney employs on television.) Just to be thorough, we checked the transcripts of all of Andy Rooney's 60 Minutes pieces from the last ten years, and nothing like this item turned up.

Moreover, Rooney himself denied it in 2003, saying:

About a year ago, I became aware of a more serious theft of my name and it is so hurtful to my reputation that it calls for legal action against the thief. Hundreds of people have written asking if I really wrote the 20 detestable remarks made under my name that have had such wide circulation on the Internet.

[...]

Some of the remarks, which I will not repeat here, are viciously racist and the spirit of the whole thing is nasty, mean and totally inconsistent with my philosophy of life. It is apparent that the list of comments has been read by hundreds of thousands of Americans, many of whom must believe that it accurately represents opinions of mine that I don't dare express in my column or on television. It is seriously damaging to my reputation.
The final two items on the list are probably a good tipoff that either this collection was written (by an as yet unidentified author) as a parody of the "A Few Minutes With Andy Rooney" spots on 60 Minutes, or someone appended Andy Rooney's name to an unattributed piece because it "seemed like something he would say." Either way, whoever created this version appears to have lifted some parts from an earlier piece known as "Yes, I Guess I am A BAD American" and falsely credited to comedian George Carlin.

Last updated: 23 November 2004

Duff McCartney
01-27-2005, 01:08 PM
Man Hook Dem..do you ever post anything that is real? Or just a bunch of forwarded e-mails?

exstatic
01-27-2005, 01:22 PM
This message is hidden because Hook Dem is on your ignore list.

Yonivore
01-27-2005, 01:52 PM
Well, I have friends who say they are Italian, or German or Greek and none of them were born in Italy, Germany or Greece.
Your point?

I don't have a problem with someone who cannot speak English, that's what makes America great.
Even when you're trying to secure services from that person (sometimes government services) or assistance in an emergency or tell them their child just went into a house down the street with a perv?

I bet he bitches.

I hope the Brownie's parents spoke the language of the person trying to tell them you were pervin' their daughter.

Name one.

That's my take.
And that's mine. Further, while the statements and opinions may not be accurately attributed the blowhard Andy Rooney, they do have merit.

Hook Dem
01-27-2005, 02:46 PM
"Further, while the statements and opinions may not be accurately attributed the blowhard Andy Rooney, they do have merit."..............................Exactly!!!!!! Dumbasses like Duff cater to the cronies and want to be accepted so badly they never have an original thought. Fuck you Duff!!!!!!!!!! If it doesn't have "Beatles" on it, Duff never heard of it. :lol

SpursWoman
01-27-2005, 04:37 PM

Name one.

I think the crackers have dibs on the KKK....does that count?

Useruser666
01-27-2005, 05:04 PM
Aryan Nation?

Boy Scouts?

MannyIsGod
01-27-2005, 05:23 PM
When 70% of the people who get arrested are black, in cities where 70% of the population is black, that is not racial profiling, it is the Law of Probability.

Yeah, show me the city where this occurs because it doesn't exsist. Poor people make up an UNPROPORTIONAL amount of the people in shitty situations (ie jail) and minorities make up an UNPROPORTIONAL amount of poor people.

This is the same attitude that we discussed in a thread a while back, and people seem to think it's OK now. Regardless of what people may want to believe, things in this country are not yet equal and the numbers clearly show that.

violentkitten
01-27-2005, 05:24 PM
yeah certain groups are committing a disproportionate amount of crime

Hook Dem
01-27-2005, 07:48 PM
Yeah, show me the city where this occurs because it doesn't exsist. Poor people make up an UNPROPORTIONAL amount of the people in shitty situations (ie jail) and minorities make up an UNPROPORTIONAL amount of poor people.

This is the same attitude that we discussed in a thread a while back, and people seem to think it's OK now. Regardless of what people may want to believe, things in this country are not yet equal and the numbers clearly show that.
Cry me a fuckin river Manny! Poor old unfortunate you!

MannyIsGod
01-27-2005, 07:59 PM
WTF, when did I ever bring ME into this?

You're a crotchety old fuck who's only opinions are formed by forwarded emails that are never accurate to begin with. You're only claim to validity is your so called experience. I'm so sick of having you do nothing but run your mouth with worthless dribble in reaction to something I post.

If you have something valid to say, say it. Don't make it a personal thing, especially when it comes to race. I've never once used the race card for my own gain and even though I won't deny that the were stacked against me the moment I was born, I don't sit here and let that stop me from achieving what I want to achieve.

Yeah, the moment anyone were to threaten senior citizen benefits you'd have a turd the size of rhode island in your depends but anytime I bring up a valid point about race you simply shit on it.

Hook Dem
01-27-2005, 08:17 PM
WTF, when did I ever bring ME into this?

You're a crotchety old fuck who's only opinions are formed by forwarded emails that are never accurate to begin with. You're only claim to validity is your so called experience. I'm so sick of having you do nothing but run your mouth with worthless dribble in reaction to something I post.

If you have something valid to say, say it. Don't make it a personal thing, especially when it comes to race. I've never once used the race card for my own gain and even though I won't deny that the were stacked against me the moment I was born, I don't sit here and let that stop me from achieving what I want to achieve.

Yeah, the moment anyone were to threaten senior citizen benefits you'd have a turd the size of rhode island in your depends but anytime I bring up a valid point about race you simply shit on it.
Thank you very much for setting me straight you worthless fuck! You are always complaining about how underpriveleged you are. I don't buy your self righteous bullshit. And the only thing you or Duff can bring is depends? Get over yourself! You say the only thing I do is run my mouth with worthless dribble in reaction to something you post. What about the MLK thing you were doing? Did I not praise you for doing that? Your memory is shorter than your dick!!!! Your valid point about race is just your opinion and nothing more. Your main drawback is that you think you are smarter than anyone else and your posts prove me right. Try arguing with someone with intellegence for a change instead of bringing nothing but insults. I don't think you are capable of that.

Hook Dem
01-27-2005, 08:21 PM
Another thing Manny......you evidently think by calling me an "old man" you are insulting me. I'm proud to be my age and I doubt seriously if you will attain that status. I do not think for a minute that I'm smarter than you but I do know I've experienced a lot more and believe me, thats an asset. You will learn that one day!

MannyIsGod
01-27-2005, 08:33 PM
! Your valid point about race is just your opinion and nothing more. .

Bullshit!!!!

There are COUNTLESS AMOUNTS of demographics and sociological data that are FACT!!!!

Have you not seen the census figures?

When I pointed this out, you say:

Cry me a fuckin river Manny! Poor old unfortunate you!

Then you have the nerve to say:

Try arguing with someone with intellegence for a change instead of bringing nothing but insults.

What forum are you reading because it's not this one.

And then...

You are always complaining about how underpriveleged you are

Really? I'd love for you to find some posts where I do that. It's the Million Dollar Challenge, Hook.

Yeah, I'm a snotty condescending fuck, but it's only because I get tired of dealing with people like you who only see what they want to see.

Hook Dem
01-27-2005, 08:39 PM
"Yeah, I'm a snotty condescending fuck, but it's only because I get tired of dealing with people like you who only see what they want to see."............................Can't see the forrest for the trees can you? Did you ever stop to think that I get tired of your bullshit too? It's a two way street. If you're tired of my comments, then don't post in a thread I start. Simple!!!

Duff McCartney
01-27-2005, 08:42 PM
Hook Dem thinks he's smarter than us because he's experienced more....if I was that old, and had to get up three times a night to take a piss, I'm sure I'd be experiencing alot more as well.

Hook Dem
01-27-2005, 08:46 PM
Hook Dem thinks he's smarter than us because he's experienced more....if I was that old, and had to get up three times a night to take a piss, I'm sure I'd be experiencing alot more as well.
You should know how many times Duff since you're holding my dick! :lol I see you're holding Manny's also. Way to go Superfly!

Duff McCartney
01-27-2005, 08:51 PM
Showing some great intelligence there Hook Dem. Come on geezer bring some more "intelligence."

MannyIsGod
01-27-2005, 08:53 PM
Once again, you still fail to acknowledge my initial post in this thread with anything of value.

would you care to try again ?

Hook Dem
01-27-2005, 09:24 PM
Put me on ignore Manny and save yourself a lot of grief! You too Duff(Manny's boy).

Duff McCartney
01-27-2005, 09:26 PM
Put me on ignore Manny and save yourself a lot of grief! You too Duff(Manny's boy).

I would have thought with your intelligence..and obvious disgust with Manny and I, you'd have put us on YOUR ignore list by now.

Hook Dem
01-27-2005, 09:37 PM
I would have thought with your intelligence..and obvious disgust with Manny and I, you'd have put us on YOUR ignore list by now.
Don't flatter yourself Duff. You're not that good. Disgust??? Far from it! I don't put anyone on ignore. How would I know what the ignoramuses are saying? :lol

MannyIsGod
01-27-2005, 10:32 PM
so, you are critical of me yet you fail to produce. figures.

violentkitten
01-27-2005, 10:54 PM
all 3 of you are fucking losers and need to shut the fuck up

hows that?

dcole50
01-28-2005, 09:00 AM
how did this resort to insults about penis size?

even if the article is fake, andy rooney need to leave with dan rather. please tell me he is. i understand that cbs is attempting to target a "younger audience" with their news .. and, well, andy doesn't appeal to that demographic.

Drachen
01-28-2005, 01:37 PM
That's my take.

Shoot, the first time we tried to establish a national language, it was deadlocked between german and english... I am sure that if we tried again, it would be between spanish and english (although english would win out). But we dont have an official national language for a reason.

xrayzebra
01-28-2005, 02:46 PM
"I hope the Brownie's parents spoke the language of the person trying to tell them you were pervin' their daughter."

:spin

:lol

It makes no difference if they spoke English or Profane, that is what makes
America great.

:smokin

Is America great or what with citizens like Joe......