PDA

View Full Version : Spurs got beat by a better team

mystargtr34
05-27-2008, 11:10 PM
Simple as that... Parker's layup shouldnt have counted... we had alot of free points in the first half that werent there... and we just got outhustled

We got beat... plain and simple... by the better team.

DazedAndConfused
05-27-2008, 11:11 PM
Can anyone who watched that game honestly say the Spurs were the better team? They had no business coming back from 7 pts in under a minute.

The refs gift wrapped you the entire 1st quarter, don't complain about that last call. Remember the TD travel from the free throw line? Throw that one out and the Lakers win.

picnroll
05-27-2008, 11:12 PM
Simple as that... Parker's layup shouldnt have counted... we had alot of free points in the first half that werent there... and we just got outhustled

Parker got fouled. Should have had an and one.

baseline bum
Spurs got beat by fucking Crawford.

DudleyDawson
The Lakers are average, and yes, they're better than us.

picnroll
05-27-2008, 11:13 PM
Can anyone who watched that game honestly say the Spurs were the better team? They had no business coming back from 7 pts in under a minute.

The refs gift wrapped you the entire 1st quarter, don't complain about that last call. Remember the TD travel from the free throw line? Throw that one out and the Lakers win.
*. That's two counting the Sacramento series.

Peja
sasha > manu

that 4 point play was sick

pooh
The refs didn't beat them. It was the Spurs missing shots when they needed it, then Barry for not "selling" that last shot attempt. The lakers led the whole game, they milked the clocked and made shots when the Spurs didn't.

midgetonadonkey
05-27-2008, 11:14 PM
The lack of rebounding killed us. Nothing else.

DD
05-27-2008, 11:14 PM
Parker got fouled. Should have had an and one.

really, how was that a foul?..hell was he even touched? dude you are reaching...

T Park
05-27-2008, 11:15 PM
Hard to win when its 5 on 8.

NBA = WWF

ipeefreely
05-27-2008, 11:16 PM

Another man on this board surrounded by poor sports and whiny bitches......The lakers as I observed just wanted a little more tonight....they got production from Walton, Vlad Rad, all differnet people at just the right time, contested every board...

Props for this post....:toast

KB24 MVP
hahahaha we kicked ur asees n stop bitching about the reffs i still give props 2 the Spurs Barry played excelent so did Timmy nearly had a 30-20 game Parker was okay but could have been the Star since our PGs where in Foul Trouble the whole game but Oberto Ginobili and Finlay sucked as hell hahaha so much faith in manu huh aight l8rs

KobeOwnsBowen
Agreed. We are clearly better. We did some stupid things and the refs gave you way more free throws to keep it close. Lakers in 5. :king

mystargtr34
Parker wasnt fouled....

Just deal with it... yea the last play was a foul... everyone agrees with that... but the Spurs go the majority of the calls tonight.... and they were outhusteld... and they just coulnt buy a bucket when the game was there for the taking on multiple occassions.

DD
05-27-2008, 11:18 PM

NBA = WWF

Really, like when the shotclocked wasn't reset after Fisher's shot, or when Tony Parker got blocked and they called it goaltending

mystargtr34
05-27-2008, 11:19 PM
Agreed. We are clearly better. We did some stupid things and the refs gave you way more free throws to keep it close. Lakers in 5. :king

Tonight you were better.. i dont know how clear but the Lakers played better...

They had contributions from 6 different players while the Spurs played with 3 guys... Tim Tony and Brent...

I dont ever want to see Robert Horry play another minute for the Spurs... he is shot... he cant do anyting on the court other than slap rebounds in to the air... he cant grab the fucking ball.

Finley just plain sux.

The Lakers outhustled us and outplayed us.

DD
05-27-2008, 11:19 PM
Parker wasnt fouled....

Just deal with it... yea the last play was a foul... everyone agrees with that... but the Spurs go the majority of the calls tonight.... and they were outhusteld... and they just coulnt buy a bucket when the game was there for the taking on multiple occassions.

Exactly. And props to Pop...He concurred as much

mouse
05-27-2008, 11:22 PM
So if Barry's shot goes in this topic would read what exactly?....................how can you say any team beat any team when it came down to the last basket?

You could have just flipped a coin! Good thing your not working for the radio station I would have to go to the other end of my trailer and call you out.

peskypesky
05-27-2008, 11:23 PM
Spurs got beat by fucking Crawford.

:toast

DD
05-27-2008, 11:24 PM
:toast

you were bailed out with the fisher/shotclock and parker/goaltending calls...you have no room to bitch

dallaskd
05-27-2008, 11:24 PM
http://www.jedmed.com/assets/images/eye-patch.gif

som3on3_10
05-27-2008, 11:26 PM

NBA = WWF

Damn I wonder what the NBA equaled last year when you guys won the title? :lmao:lmao:lmao Give it a rest, you guys will start :fishing soon...:lol

Russ
05-27-2008, 11:27 PM
The Spurs shoudn't have placed themselves in position to need a call with 2 seconds left. The better team will win this series. If it's the Spurs, they'll still win this series. If not, then the Lakers earned it.

LakersMark
05-27-2008, 11:27 PM
The Spurs should not have had the ball for the last shot Fisher's shot hit the rim and then went off of Horry, Kobe should not have had to shoot to beat the 24 second clock.

Allanon
05-27-2008, 11:28 PM
Parker wasnt fouled....

Great objective posts. I agree that was a foul but they're not going to make that call to change the game when most were already going the Spurs way during the game.

Your objectivity makes me feel bad for being a bit cocky the other night with the Laker win, my apologies.

KB24 MVP
05-27-2008, 11:29 PM
Timmy is tryng 2 much hes putting up some Dwight Howard numbers but no one helps him tryng 2 much and none of the spurs stepped up knowing the importance of the game. The Lakers won it they deserved it with all that foul trouble what helped us was the rebounds offensive ones 2 be exact 2nd chance points. Sorry spurs but no back 2 back titles 4 u well put out of ur missery on Thursday aight

Joe Schmoogins
Spurs got beat tonight... by the refs, but haven't lost the series... Spurs in 7!

BiZNicK
Spurs are the better team.

mystargtr34
05-27-2008, 11:30 PM
If the Barry foul was called i would take it and say the Spurs didnt deserve to win... but i wouldnt ive the win bak id take it fucken oath i would.

But if the game was reffed perfectly then the Lakers would win the game by 10+.

The goaltend the ball hitting the rim the ticky tack fouls at the start of the game.

Spur Spoiler
05-27-2008, 11:30 PM
Parker wasnt fouled....

THIS POST IS THE TRUTH!!!!!!

hitmanyr2k
05-27-2008, 11:32 PM

Not discounting that the Spurs didn't deserve to win that game the way they played but I don't know how someone in their right mind can say Parker's layup shouldn't have counted. It hit the backboard first before Odom touched it and the rulebook says that's a goaltend.

yaicu2
05-27-2008, 11:34 PM
sasha > manu

that 4 point play was sick

Damn dude, get a fucking life. Talk about sour grapes. I'm a big time Manu fan, but I can admit he hasn't been there in this series, save game 3, but all in all he had a horrible series. You bandwagon fuck!!! Sasha didn't shit, except foul all night long, and Manu did nothing all night long except miss open shots. Oh yeah, and Peja was fishing tonight wasn't he.

romsho
05-27-2008, 11:37 PM
Spurs did not deserve to win the game tonight, but the no-call at the end was anal rape. Worst perormance by a Spurs team in a big game in a long time. Just very disappointing. Not having the season end on thursday will be a monumental task.

KB24 MVP
hahaha but Kobe owned ur asses and fishes a Game 4 win on ur home court hahahaha

KB24 MVP
hahaha but Kobe owned ur asses and fished a Game 4 win on ur home court hahahaha

KB24 MVP
05-27-2008, 11:39 PM
hahaha and the Lakes fished up a game 4 on ur homecourt hahahaha

mystargtr34
05-27-2008, 11:39 PM
Not discounting that the Spurs didn't deserve to win that game the way they played but I don't know how someone in their right mind can say Parker's layup shouldn't have counted. It hit the backboard first before Odom touched it and the rulebook says that's a goaltend.

Sorry i watched it again... it should have counted.

It doesnt change the fact that the Spurs shouldnt have been in that position.. Fishers shot hit the rim... and they should have had the ball back with a full 24 and we would be forced to send them to the free throw line down 2

Mr.Franchize
05-27-2008, 11:40 PM

finally a spurs fan that tells it how it is!

2centsworth
05-27-2008, 11:41 PM

are you retarded. Parker's layup shouldn't have counted, right there you're obviously a no nothing panzi.

LA played much better tonight, no doubt, but arguing Parker's layup makes you a douche

21_Blessings
05-27-2008, 11:41 PM

Finally a rational post from a rational Spurs fan.

mystargtr34
05-27-2008, 11:57 PM
Finally a rational post from a rational Spurs fan.

I dont think you know what rational means

SpurOutofTownFan
05-28-2008, 12:04 AM
I dont believe in the lakers being better honestly - call it whatever, wins speak loudly etc.

bottom line is the spurs are running in fumes - they have overcome 1000 of obstacles to get here and some. I have to prop the spurs on this one.

Those who are trying to rig this if they are they need to look at themselves once again and realize their days are counted.

Don Quixote
05-28-2008, 12:05 AM
No, the series is essentially over. We're not going to the Finals this year. The Lakers are a better, stronger, faster, better shooting, younger, more athletic team. I'm frankly shocked we didn't get swept by these guys.

So, yes, while Brent was mugged on that last play, I was happy knowing that the Spurs had a chance to win against L.A.! Because they're not even close to the Lakers in talent.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-28-2008, 12:07 AM
No, the series is essentially over. We're not going to the Finals this year. The Lakers are a better, stronger, faster, better shooting, younger, more athletic team. I'm frankly shocked we didn't get swept by these guys.

So, yes, while Brent was mugged on that last play, I was happy knowing that the Spurs had a chance to win against L.A.! Because they're not even close to the Lakers in talent.

you are well known here for your ass posts.. no big surprise

K-State Spur
05-28-2008, 12:09 AM

were the Lakers clearly superior? don't get me wrong, they made enough plays to win tonight.

but this is the worst home game I have seen from the Spurs in a long long time, and they still had plenty of opportunities to take control of this game.

i guess you could say the better team won, but that was more by default than it was by impressiveness.

ballhog
05-28-2008, 12:11 AM
Spurs put up a good fight. That non-call erased bone-headed plays by Kobe and (almost) Fisher in the last minute. Lakers won, but got a few good bounces here and there. Every loose ball went their way. It wasn't meant to be.

Don Quixote
05-28-2008, 12:11 AM
This is the "better team" thread -- so I'm calling it how we all saw the game.

The Lakers were much, much better the entire series, save for Game 3 and about half of Game 1. I was mildly surprised that we pulled out the New Orleans series, but I didn't think we had a chance at all against the Lakers. They are simply too good, at every position.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-28-2008, 12:13 AM
This is the "better team" thread -- so I'm calling it how we all saw the game.

The Lakers were much, much better the entire series, save for Game 3 and about half of Game 1. I was mildly surprised that we pulled out the New Orleans series, but I didn't think we had a chance at all against the Lakers. They are simply too good, at every position.

LOL

slayermin
05-28-2008, 12:22 AM
What a punch in the gut. This loss was agonizing to watch with all the offensive boards. From the opening tip, it seemed like the Laker had more energy and urgency.

But I'm it until the end. Spurs are not dead yet.

Anti.Hero
05-28-2008, 12:54 AM
Spurs just cant hit their shots and man up. They are finally too old.

It was a good run with lots of great memories.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-28-2008, 12:57 AM
Our defense made the game close. Our decision making and execution DID NOT.

Lakers offense is proving to be more reliable than Spurs so far. Spurs offense had been sufficient in our come back wins against New Orleans.

If we just string together games to make u p for our three shitty games, Spurs are no longer TOO old, but old enough to win it all.

Last time I heard first team to 4 WINS is the better team. This thread sucks.

21_Blessings
05-28-2008, 12:59 AM
Damn dude, get a fucking life. Talk about sour grapes. I'm a big time Manu fan, but I can admit he hasn't been there in this series, save game 3, but all in all he had a horrible series. You bandwagon fuck!!! Sasha didn't shit, except foul all night long, and Manu did nothing all night long except miss open shots. Oh yeah, and Peja was fishing tonight wasn't he.

The machine > manu

accept it.

No really, we all know who the better player is but Manu was outplayed by a former scrub 3 out of the 4 games so far. Thats fucking sad.

Don Quixote
05-28-2008, 01:03 AM
Spurs just cant hit their shots and man up. They are finally too old.

It was a good run with lots of great memories.

Yeah, it appears the run is over, with this group at least.

They need to keep Tim, Manu, Tony, and jettison everyone else.

Don Quixote
05-28-2008, 01:07 AM
The machine > manu

accept it.

No really, we all know who the better player is but Manu was outplayed by a former scrub 3 out of the 4 games so far. Thats sad.

I agree. The Lakers are better at every position except PF. Fisher, while he doesn't put up Parker's numbers, is better than Parker. In fact, I'd take Farmar or Fisher over Parker straight-up. Parker's good, but the Laker PGs are better.

Kobe is unbeatable.

I'd take Radmonovich or Walton over Bowen, Odom and Gasol over Oberto/Thomas/Horry, and Vujacic over Ginobili.

The difference between the 2 teams is, for the Lakers it's easy. Their shots go in, they make the passes, it's easy for them. And that's skill. Even on an average day, they're as good as the Spurs role players on their best day.

So, yes, the Lakers have gotten much, much better in a hurry.

mystargtr34
05-28-2008, 04:37 AM
^ :lmao