PDA

View Full Version : Oh That Bill Clinton...

JoeChalupa
01-26-2005, 11:39 PM
Strategists Eyeing Deal for Clinton Third Term. Oh say it is so!

Political strategists are reportedly pondering a deal that would allow Bill Clinton to run for president again by getting Republicans to agree to a change in the constitutional ban on third terms.

Calling it "a long shot," U.S. News & World Report says the deal would work like this:

"Congressional Democrats will OK a constitutional amendment allowing naturalized citizens like California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger to run for president if Republicans help kill the 22nd Amendment."
"Right now it's the talk among political strategists," says the magazine's Washington Whispers section. "But look for it to spread on Capitol Hill when Sen. Orrin Hatch reintroduces his plan to let naturalized citizens run for president after 20 years."

Clinton himself has boasted that he "could be re-elected" one more time.

After an impromptu interview with the Las Vegas Weekly four years ago, the paper observed, "Clinton had obviously researched the subject."

He spoke "for five minutes about constitutional law and academic studies about the prospect" of changing the 22nd Amendment.

"Some constitutional experts think it is possible," the ex-prez said.

Source: NewsMax

Duff McCartney
01-26-2005, 11:46 PM
I say that if he can get elected again...then he should be able to serve another term....but it doesn't really matter. It will never happen.

Hook Dem
01-27-2005, 12:06 AM
I say that if he can get elected again...then he should be able to serve another term....but it doesn't really matter. It will never happen.
Do you say that just for Clinton or everyone?

NeoConIV
01-27-2005, 12:11 AM
http://www.funreports.com/images/newsline/17.09-klinton.jpg
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Hook Dem
01-27-2005, 12:14 AM
Monica's licking her chops! :lol

Yonivore
01-27-2005, 12:59 AM
I'm in favor of repealing the 16th amendment on up...

Bring it on! I bet George W. could win again. ;o)

violentkitten
01-27-2005, 02:10 AM
unlike you gomers i dont need a president to live my life

Dre_7
01-27-2005, 04:45 AM
I'm in favor of repealing the 16th amendment on up...

Bring it on! I bet George W. could win again. ;o)

I love George W. (Please dont send me no hate mail!) but I dont think he would beat Cliton (unfortunately). Cliton is just too popular (even though he is known to have lied to the american people!).

The Big Chicken
01-27-2005, 07:23 AM
I love George W. (Please dont send me no hate mail!) but I dont think he would beat Cliton (unfortunately). Cliton is just too popular (even though he is known to have lied to the american people!).

And George W. didn't, right?

Yonivore
01-27-2005, 07:33 AM
And George W. didn't, right?
Right.

Spurminator
01-27-2005, 09:42 AM
Bush basically beat Clinton in 2000.

Hook Dem
01-27-2005, 10:06 AM
Bush basically beat Clinton in 2000.
BINGO!

desflood
01-27-2005, 11:44 AM
Doesn't matter. There will be another Clinton presidency someday, but it'll be Hillary. I think she'd kill Bill before she'd let him steal it from her!

Useruser666
01-27-2005, 11:48 AM
Kill Bill Volume 3! :lol

Yonivore
01-27-2005, 11:55 AM
Doesn't matter. There will be another Clinton presidency someday, but it'll be Hillary.
:lmao

I think she'd kill Bill before she'd let him steal it from her!
Which, happily, would preclude her from taking office -- without a pardon, of course.

FromWayDowntown
01-27-2005, 12:03 PM
:lmao

Which, happily, would preclude her from taking office -- without a pardon, of course.

Only if she's convicted.

Besides, if anything untoward happens to Bill, we can all be certain that the republicans in Congress will open a full investigation into Hilary Clinton.

I'm mildly surprised that they've not drummed up some reason to undertake such an investigation already, though I suppose it's much more difficult to vitriolically persecute one of your own for political gain.