PDA

View Full Version : Why can't the Spurs ever just plain LOSE a series?

Ludovician
05-27-2008, 11:28 PM
Why, why does there always have to be one single play to stew over all offseason that dooms us in our title defense years? .4, Manu's foul, and now this BS.

LAKERZ4EVA
05-27-2008, 11:29 PM
what bs?

dbreiden83080
Because they are a great team and a tough out, they don;t roll over and die

BruceLeeBowen
2001, they lost pretty damn good. :)

Kori Ellis
This isn't BS. The Spurs lost this game because they were destroyed on the glass tonight.

And the Spurs got a HUGE amount of calls go their way in the first half. If the Spurs lose this series, it's because of their own play - no because of any fluke.

Sigz
I think we are losing a series...

Ludovician
05-27-2008, 11:30 PM

That wasn't a title defense, moron.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
Spurs had about 10 chances to get over the hump tonight, and came up short every time.

Grab 6 more rebounds and this series is tied 2-2. Brent Barry was our second leading rebounder with 5? Nobody else had more than 2 defensive rebounds??

Duncan played great tonight, but 10-26 is not going to get it done. Some of his post moves were very weak tonight.

Just play better and win game 5

midgetonadonkey
I blame the 20+ second chance points the Lakers had in the first half.

Who else is with me??

lefty
05-27-2008, 11:31 PM

No contest.

4-0

That was brutal

NRHector
05-27-2008, 11:31 PM
the spurs deserved to lose tonight they played like shit in the first quarter, no rebounds and missing shots

T Park
05-27-2008, 11:32 PM
I blame the 20+ second chance points the Lakers had in the first half.

Who else is with me??

Ill go a step further and blame the crucial second chance points in the 4th quarter as well.

Would've been nice had Oberto and Horry rebounded.

ipeefreely
05-27-2008, 11:32 PM
This isn't BS. The Spurs lost this game because they were destroyed on the glass tonight.

And the Spurs got a HUGE amount of calls go their way in the first half. If the Spurs lose this series, it's because of their own play - no because of any fluke.

Another class poster on this board, understands that the lakers got a lot few calls, and they out hustled the Spurs the whole game......

Props again for this post....

mikeanthony21
05-27-2008, 11:34 PM
Why, why does there always have to be one single play to stew over all offseason that dooms us in our title defense years? .4, Manu's foul, and now this BS.

It just shows what fate can hand a team... any team. The Spurs had numerous opportunities to take control of Game 4 in both halves but never could. If the Spurs would've just capitalized on ONE of those opportunities, this discussion of whether Joey Crawford is a fucking blind salamander wouldn't even be taking place. Now can the Spurs win three in a row? Mathematically, yes, but probably not likely. But then again, stranger things have happened in the world of sports.

Look at what happened to the New England Patriots.

CharlieMac
05-28-2008, 06:47 AM
I couldn't sleep

DarrinS
05-28-2008, 06:54 AM
Last night could've been our chance to give them the .4 business (even though there was way more time), but Brent just didn't get it done.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-28-2008, 06:59 AM
Last night could've been our chance to give them the .4 business (even though there was way more time), but Brent just didn't get it done.

Brent said the play was originally for Manu and they were trying to get it to Manu in the corner. Which seemed the right play since he had already hit the three and has made gamewinners before. Guess it wasn't meant to be and it went to Barry. I was really hoping Manu or Horry would take the shot, because I had a good feeling they could have willed it in...:bang

Could be worse though...that final play with the fisher foul could have ended our season on that note..Maybe the Spurs will win game 5 and go from there, take a second crack at controlling their fate.
If they learned anything from 2004, they better take advantage of at least keeping the series alive. Unlike that miserable performance after the .4 heartbreaker.

wildchild
05-28-2008, 07:02 AM

Maybe but I think our offense sucks when we more need points.
Not score Not win.
Finley 0 Oberto 0 Udoka 0 Thomas 0 Horry 2 Ginobili 7. Really it sucks.

manufor3
05-28-2008, 07:16 AM
Because they are a great team and a tough out, they don;t roll over and die

:tu

Darcus
05-28-2008, 07:43 AM
The Spurs do "just plain" lose series, but a large amount of the Spurs fanbase is delusional and thinks nothing could beat the Spurs, and that there must be some excuse or reason they lost, other than the obvious--and realistic: they just got outplayed.

Stop looking for an excuse and it will be obvious.

Capt Bringdown
05-28-2008, 07:59 AM
Fouls or any other basketball plays shouldn't be arbitrarily and subjectively waived off by officials or anyone else.

Sure, the Spurs got beat on the glass, but Fisher's play still happened. He put the Lakers in a position to lose the game despite all of what happened before. Why should this play be ignored?

It shouldn't. That's why we have a clock and a scoreboard, supposedly to keep things honest.

1Parker1
05-28-2008, 08:15 AM
The real question is, Why is this crap ALWAYS against the Lakers? :pctoss :lol

DarrinS
05-28-2008, 08:32 AM
If Spurs had got 15 from Ginobili (or ANYTHING from Finley or Horry), then we aren't having this conversation.

Lakers controlled that entire game. Nothing to bitch about. It only makes you madder and doesn't change the outcome.

Bring on game 6.

VaSpursFan
05-28-2008, 08:35 AM
sometimes i think this team is too corporate. we need a firecracker, an outwardly emotional person that will rally the troops. during these playoffs, we have lacked that killer instinct since the Suns series. we laid an egg in game 5 of the NOH series and game 1 of this series.

last night we were outplayed. our back is now against the wall so we've got to fight, claw and scratch like our lives depend on it. no slow starts, no lapses. We need 100% focus for 48 minutes. the margin for error is certainly small now but i still believe. hopefully, everyone steps up and plays out of their minds in next game. win 1!!!

Go Spurs Go

Nbadan
05-28-2008, 08:37 AM
If the Lakers controlled the 'whole game' the Spurs wouldn't have been in a position to tie it in the end....true the Lakers did a better job than the Spurs on the boards and that was likely the difference in the game....but this Laker team is not unbeatable, it's just that the Spurs haven't been able to get 48 consistent minutes from any group of players....

Capt Bringdown
05-28-2008, 08:40 AM
sometimes i think this team is too corporate. we need a firecracker, an outwardly emotional person that will rally the troops.

Mario Elie in his prime. If we could've magically had him in the lineup for the duration of the Duncan era, we'd have a coupla more titles I'd reckon.

He's exactly the kind of player we need, but these types are in short supply these days...

TampaDude
05-28-2008, 08:42 AM
The real question is, Why is this crap ALWAYS against the Lakers? :pctoss :lol

Because the NBA is rigged...j/k :lol

The Spurs played like shit last night, and deserved to lose by double digits...I don't know how they managed to keep it close...

efrem1
05-28-2008, 08:45 AM
Yes Kori:

I was frustrated that the Spurs stunk on the glass and that Ginobili couldn't shoot a basket into the Rio de la Plata. Yet, for all of that the team still had a chance and the Spurs got robbed just like the Vikings got robbed when Drew Pearson pushed off Nate Wright in the 75 playoffs.

As I mentioned in a previous post, the news team at the CBS affiliate here in Phoenix was giddy that the Spurs lost by saying "what comes around, goes around" in commenting on the foul. Hope you never win a title Phoenix.

MadDog73
05-28-2008, 08:50 AM

That's a great argument.

The refs should NOT call fouls because they called so many earlier?!?

It was a foul. End of story.

It doesn't matter that the Lakers "should" have won, or that the Spurs got killed on the boards. That's all besides the point.

It was a foul, and Barry should have gotten 3 FTs.

Then, we win or lose, and there's no talk of conspiracy or fixing the games.

But what an ugly, ugly way for the series to end.

oligarchy
05-28-2008, 09:08 AM
That's a great argument.

The refs should NOT call fouls because they called so many earlier?!?

It was a foul. End of story.

It doesn't matter that the Lakers "should" have won, or that the Spurs got killed on the boards. That's all besides the point.

It was a foul, and Barry should have gotten 3 FTs.

Then, we win or lose, and there's no talk of conspiracy or fixing the games.

But what an ugly, ugly way for the series to end.

It's a valid argument, because they were kept in the game because of those calls. It was a valid argument, because the Spurs shouldn't have had the last shot in the position to win or tie the game.

If the Spurs lose this series, it's their own fault.

MadDog73
05-28-2008, 09:16 AM
It's a valid argument, because they were kept in the game because of those calls. It was a valid argument, because the Spurs shouldn't have had the last shot in the position to win or tie the game.

If the Spurs lose this series, it's their own fault.

And the refs had NO play in that at all?

Two Questions:

Did Kobe push off on Bowen in Game 1?

Did Barry get fouled in Game 4?

Just asking.

rasho8
05-28-2008, 09:41 AM
Another class poster on this board, understands that the lakers got a lot few calls, and they out hustled the Spurs the whole game......

Props again for this post....

Yeah she does OWN the board, makes her pretty classy. That and she is a professional Sports Reporter, so shes not the casual fan.

You wont get much but class from Kori.

LEONARD
05-28-2008, 09:47 AM

Kori ripping the hearts of Spurs fans out one reality check at a time... :lol

oligarchy
05-28-2008, 09:51 AM
And the refs had NO play in that at all?

Two Questions:

Did Kobe push off on Bowen in Game 1?

Did Barry get fouled in Game 4?

Just asking.

So you are saying that Kobe hasn't been fouled either?
What's the point of bringing up something from Game 1? The Spurs are not getting screwed by the refs. The Spurs are getting screwed by their offense.

Did Fisher's shot hit the rim?
Then it doesn't really matter that Barry got fouled. They shouldn't have been in that position anyway.

I get you're a crybaby and all, but I don't want a win like that.