PDA

View Full Version : Series was all about Manu

dbreiden83080
05-27-2008, 11:28 PM
I'm not going to trash him because i know he is hurt but this is so hard to accept. If Manu was just healthy, we beat this team, there is no doubt of that in my mind. 20 pt lead in game 1 when he was awful. Win huge in the one game he is great. Had a million chances to win this game tonight with him doing nothing at all out there. Kobe can do his thing but if Manu is Manu we would have buried this fucking team in 6 games

SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bang:bang:bang
:depressed:depressed:depressed

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-27-2008, 11:28 PM
If 'if's and buts' were candy and nuts...

timvp
05-27-2008, 11:29 PM
I'm not going to trash him because i know he is hurt but this is so hard to accept. If Manu was just healthy, we beat this team, there is no doubt of that in my mind. 20 pt lead in game 1 when he was awful. Win huge in the one game he is great. Had a million chances to win this game tonight with him doing nothing at all out there. Kobe can do his thing but if Manu is Manu we would have buried this fucking team in 5 games

SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:depressed:depressed:depressedFixed.

Budkin
05-27-2008, 11:30 PM
The guy has several tough injuries... he's a fucking warrior and he won't let us die without a fight.

fred33
Tony With 3 Games Like Manu Hurt Or Not It Will Be A Forum Anti Parker

dbreiden83080
The guy has several tough injuries... he's a fucking warrior and he won't let us die without a fight.

I agree and as i said i am not trashing the guy it is just hard to accept knowing what we are when he is right

MaNu4Tres
Or if a shot could fall for us or if we can box out... We could be up 3-1 even with an injured Manu

TDMVPDPOY
05-27-2008, 11:31 PM
healthy or not, he still put 30 on the lakers in game 3, and went and lay a egg in game 4 jus like game 1 and 2. IM tired of his inconsistency

trade his ass when we are rebuilding

IllegalAmigo
05-27-2008, 11:31 PM
http://www.lakersbrethren.net/files/Playoffs/GinobiliWCFDumpLMAO.jpg

midgetonadonkey
05-27-2008, 11:32 PM
Manu played like shit but they still could've won if the didn't give up so many rebounds in the first half. 20+ first half points is a fucking lot. If they even cut that down by 6 by grabbing 3 rebounds they would've won.

Peja
05-27-2008, 11:32 PM
Sasha >>>>>>>>>>>>> Manu

Kori Ellis
05-27-2008, 11:33 PM
I know Manu is banged up. But he's been feeling really good since before Game 2... "the best he's felt in weeks." according to him. So, please don't just blame the series on Manu's injuries.

And a lot of things have gone wrong.. not just Manu.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-27-2008, 11:33 PM
Manu played like shit but they still could've won if the didn't give up so many rebounds in the first half. 20+ first half points is a fucking lot. If they even cut that down by 6 by grabbing 3 rebounds they would've won.

Barry took up Manu's scoring load. Manu took only 8 shots.

T Park
05-27-2008, 11:34 PM
I'll blame the series on Ginobili not showing up, and for Pop for some reason jamming his head into a log.

dbreiden83080
05-27-2008, 11:35 PM
I know Manu is banged up. But he's been feeling really good since before Game 2... "the best he's felt in weeks." according to him. So, please don't just blame the series on Manu's injuries.

He has had 3 games in this series where he was non-existant. There is not one player on the Lakers that should be shutting him down, i feel he is hurt quite badly but he is such a warrior he is doing what he can but it wasn't enough, sadly.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-27-2008, 11:37 PM
Kinda makes you think back to early spring when Pop was running him 40 minutes a night in those regular season games...

Kori Ellis
05-27-2008, 11:38 PM
He has had 3 games in this series where he was non-existant. There is not one player on the Lakers that should be shutting him down, i feel he is hurt quite badly but he is such a warrior he is doing what he can but it wasn't enough, sadly.

He was much more hurt in the Hornets series than he is now. But whatever, you want to think is cool.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-27-2008, 11:39 PM
Pop for some reason jamming his head into a log.

For some reason? He looked over and saw Phil Jackson standing there, same shit different verse.

ElNono
05-27-2008, 11:40 PM
After game 3, I think he's just on a slump.
That said, at least he had that good game 3, otherwise this would have been a sweep.
Now, if we could get at least 1 fucking *decent* game from the Finley/Horry combo...

ducks
05-27-2008, 11:40 PM

he did not look hurt
he looked passive alot
especially in second half tonight

dbreiden83080
05-27-2008, 11:42 PM
He was much more hurt in the Hornets series than he is now. But whatever, you want to think is cool.

I don't buy that, his play proves it, this is not a defensive team, they are fine on D but they are really on offensive team. Manu has played so bad the whole series. It is what it is but for me his injuries cost us the series.

fred33
05-27-2008, 11:42 PM
With Parker Playing Like Manu It Will Be The War In This Forum

TMTTRIO
05-27-2008, 11:43 PM

I'm not going to blame it on injuries because he could at least make better decisions but if that was the case why did Manu go get an MRI on his ankle Saturday. Obviously it was bothering him enough to get it looked at. No matter what he's been killing our team.

Don Quixote
05-27-2008, 11:45 PM
Manu, and the Spurs in general, just weren't good enough against the Lakers.

L.A. was a bigger, stronger, younger, more athletic team with better players, as the series proved. The Spurs will have to get younger to match them.

loveforthegame
05-27-2008, 11:45 PM
Finley gave Manu some bad gatorade to mess his game up or something. I wouldn't be surprised if we hear Finley stuck his foot under Ginobli in a practice so he'd hurt his ankle again. Just another way for Finley to screw the Spurs chances of winning.

ElNono
05-27-2008, 11:46 PM
Kinda makes you think back to early spring when Pop was running him 40 minutes a night in those regular season games...

Actually Pop always made an effort to play him under 30 mins...
I personally think it's retarded. Manu needed to learn how to pace himself, and not playing long minutes won't help that at all.
And the whole playing less to be more fresh in the playoffs charade is stupid, since you get a bad ankle or groin, and it all goes to waste.

SPARKY
Emmanuel Ginobili is a fucking warrior. End of discussion.

Kori Ellis
I don't buy that, his play proves it, this is not a defensive team, they are fine on D but they are really on offensive team. Manu has played so bad the whole series. It is what it is but for me his injuries cost us the series.

Manu ALWAYS admits when he's hurt. He talks about every bump, bruise and contusion. This series he said he didn't feel great in game 1. But he said he felt better than he has in a long time heading into game 2. He said that game 2 was just a horrible night for him and he couldn't shake it. Game 3, he was awesome and now tonight, he struggled again. Manu is always honest about his injuries. He never uses it as an excuse, but he's always honest about it. After game 2, I said that he'd probably explode in game 3 because he said he wasn't hurting in game 2. He did.

You can think about it however you want, but I know that he was hurting a lot more earlier in the playoff than he is now (unless he re-aggravated something tonight).

dbreiden83080

there is no doubt about that

ducks

he might be but he was passive tonight:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

baseline bum
1-3 sucks, but this series still hasn't reached the "was" stage yet.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-27-2008, 11:47 PM
Manu was passive, but the Lakers did a good job of giving him no open looks.

Manu may feel "better" but he's obviously missing his first step, which he still admitted to not being back from two months ago.

We were 3 points away from a win with a lacking Manu, if anyone's to blame it's Finley and the other guys not stepping up to repay Manu for carrying Tim and Tony's loadsd in the regular season.
Finley has been a bum, and Udoka disappeared. Barry's the only one from the group who put them to shame.

Kori Ellis
05-27-2008, 11:47 PM
there is no doubt about that

No question. The whole 4th quarter I believed he was going to take over any second because he's got the greatest will to win of anyone.

redskinfan
05-27-2008, 11:49 PM

In the Hornet series he had time to recover no time to rest now its go out and play!

dbreiden83080
05-27-2008, 11:51 PM
In the Hornet series he had time to recover no time to rest now its go out and play!

Yep

imtehma
05-27-2008, 11:57 PM
it pains me as a laker fan to see Ginobli playing like this. He's one of my favorites.

GINOBLI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

greens
05-27-2008, 11:58 PM

The thing is that Manu never complains about his injuries. So why would he admit to his ankle really bothering him all of a sudden?

If you listen to Pop's post game interview after game three, even Pop talks about "regardless of everything he's going through, he's a warrior" or something to that effect, meaning even Pop makes a hint at his injuries. Even more so, he told the media to specifically not ask Manu about his injuries.

Yes, Manu has his issues. But I don't believe for one second that he's playing this horribly just because. It's that ankle. He had an MRI done on it. Why? If he feels fine, why would he check it out? Why did Pop think about sitting him out in game two, according to the news people?

It's one thing to say, "just play through it, don't be a sissy." It's another thing when a guy is seriously in pain. With his killer instinct, I don't think he'd just give up if he's healthy or is feeling fine. His ankle must REALLY be bothering him. He has no lift. The only reason he played good in the game three is due to his 3 point shooting. He made his 3 pointers.

I just think it's unfair to minimize his physical state just out of the fear of looking weak. He might have the heart of a warrior, but if his ankle is seriously giving him pain. Even he cannot do anything about it.

I mean, you make it sound like just because he says that he is fine, that he is fine. Has he ever complained? He's not going to start saying "My ankle really hurts. I'm in huge pain..." That will make him look weak.

Either way, it's a hard series to watch. And again, if the Spurs lose, all the fans are going to put all the blame on Manu yet again. And according to some fans, it will be the third time that Manu prevents the Spurs from repeating.

redskinfan
05-28-2008, 12:01 AM
Next game Manu starts and finley sits entire game and Barry backs up both Tony and Manu

WCFBaby
I'm not going to trash him because i know he is hurt but this is so hard to accept. If Manu was just healthy, we beat this team, there is no doubt of that in my mind. 20 pt lead in game 1 when he was awful. Win huge in the one game he is great. Had a million chances to win this game tonight with him doing nothing at all out there. Kobe can do his thing but if Manu is Manu we would have buried this fucking team in 6 games

SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:depressed:depressed:depressed

LMAO!! IF Bynum were healthy you'd have been SWEPT!! Be thankful........be very, very thankful.

Lakers in 5! :lobt2:

Kori Ellis
The thing is that Manu never complains about his injuries. So why would he admit to his ankle really bothering him all of a sudden?

If you listen to Pop's post game interview after game three, even Pop talks about "regardless of everything he's going through, he's a warrior" or something to that effect, meaning even Pop makes a hint at his injuries. Even more so, he told the media to specifically not ask Manu about his injuries.

Yes, Manu has his issues. But I don't believe for one second that he's playing this horribly just because. It's that ankle. He had an MRI done on it. Why? If he feels fine, why would he check it out? Why did Pop think about sitting him out in game two, according to the news people?

It's one thing to say, "just play through it, don't be a sissy." It's another thing when a guy is seriously in pain. With his killer instinct, I don't think he'd just give up if he's healthy or is feeling fine. His ankle must REALLY be bothering him. He has no lift. The only reason he played good in the game three is due to his 3 point shooting. He made his 3 pointers.

I just think it's unfair to minimize his physical state just out of the fear of looking weak. He might have the heart of a warrior, but if his ankle is seriously giving him pain. Even he cannot do anything about it.

I mean, you make it sound like just because he says that he is fine, that he is fine. Has he ever complained? He's not going to start saying "My ankle really hurts. I'm in huge pain..." That will make him look weak.

Either way, it's a hard series to watch. And again, if the Spurs lose, all the fans are going to put all the blame on Manu yet again. And according to some fans, it will be the third time that Manu prevents the Spurs from repeating.

I guess you didn't read anything else I posted. Manu ALWAYS talks about his injuries. HE ALWAYS says when he's hurting. He doesn't use it as an excuse but he ALWAYS is honest about it. Even before Game 1 he was saying how bad his ankle was hurting him. I didn't say there was nothing wrong with him. Obviously he's not 100 percent. I said that he says, Pop says and everyone else in the Spurs organization says that he was hurting alot more in the other series than he was in Game 2 and 3 of this series. I don't know about tonight .. he might have tweaked something again.

dbreiden83080
05-28-2008, 12:04 AM

I 100% agree just look at his series. Who the hell is there on the Lakers that should be shutting him down like this?? He has not been just OK, he has been flat out terrible. He has no lift on most of his shots, he has almost never tried to get in the lane. He is hurt, he was terrible because he is hurt, period. You can only play at a high level through so much.

Bruno
05-28-2008, 12:05 AM
I don't know what is wrong with Manu and I don't really care about that. Only the result is important and the result is Manu was mostly horrible in this series.
And while it's a big reason why Spurs are down 3-1, it's not the only one. Some role players are playing like shit and Parker is less than stellar in this series.

tmtcsc
05-28-2008, 12:05 AM
Injuries are a part of the game. I've always felt that we would only go as far as Manu would take us. You know Tim will be there but Manu's been our leading scorer all season. It's hard to get 23 points from other guys like Brent did tonight.

If Manu scores 10 pts, we win.

pad300
05-28-2008, 12:06 AM
I guess you didn't read anything else I posted. Manu ALWAYS talks about his injuries. HE ALWAYS says when he's hurting. He doesn't use it as an excuse but he ALWAYS is honest about it. Even before Game 1 he was saying how bad his ankle was hurting him. I didn't say there was nothing wrong with him. Obviously he's not 100 percent. I said that he says, Pop says and everyone else in the Spurs organization says that he was hurting alot more in the other series than he was in Game 2 and 3 of this series. I don't know about tonight .. he might have tweaked something again.

All right, you say he's healthy or close too. If he's going to be inconsistent enough to lay 3 eggs in 4 WCF games, is it time to trade his ass? Seriously, he's had his ups and downs in playoff series's before, but this has been atrocious. Asssuming this series is over, as a journalist, this is something you should chase. If it wasn't a medical issue, it looks a lot like Manu has lost his Huevos, and then he should be moved, while he still has value.

IllegalAmigo
05-28-2008, 12:06 AM

Kori Ellis
05-28-2008, 12:07 AM
All right, you say he's healthy or close too. If he's going to be inconsistent enough to lay 3 eggs in 4 WCF games, is it time to trade his ass? Seriously, he's had his ups and downs in playoff series's before, but this has been atrocious. Asssuming this series is over, as a journalist, this is something you should chase. If it wasn't a medical issue, it looks a lot like Manu has lost his Huevos, and then he should be moved, while he still has value.

No, I don't say he's healthy or close to healthy. I say that he's healthier than he was earlier in the playoffs. And I say that HE says that he's feeling much better than he has in weeks. And I say that he's playing poorly because he's in a funk AND he's banged up.

And I would never trade Manu. That's crazy.

2centsworth
05-28-2008, 12:08 AM

Come on, do you really think Manu is going to make injuries an excuse. For someone who rushed to defend Tony with his Ankle injury you sure are blind to manu's lack of quickness and ability to drive and jump.

T Park
05-28-2008, 12:08 AM
I don't know what is wrong with Manu and I don't really care about that. Only the result is important and the result is Manu was mostly horrible in this series.
And while it's a big reason why Spurs are down 3-1, it's not the only one. Some role players are playing like shit and Parker is less than stellar in this series.

Eh, parker had 21 and 8 tonight.

Can't totally fault him either. Yeah he missed some shots, but he got the shot that cut it to 2.

Kori Ellis
05-28-2008, 12:10 AM
Come on, do you really think Manu is going to make injuries an excuse. For someone who rushed to defend Tony with his Ankle injury you sure are blind to makes lack of quickness and ability to drive and jump.

You aren't reading what I'm writing at all.

I am saying he NEVER uses it as an excuse. But that he ALWAYS talks about it when asked. When asked before Game 1, he went on and on about how bad his ankle was hurting him. When asked about it after Game 2, he said that he actually was much much much improved over Game 1 health-wise. He repeated that 5 times in one interview. He said that he hadn't felt this good since the regular season.

dbreiden83080
05-28-2008, 12:11 AM

LAME!!!

dbreiden83080
05-28-2008, 12:12 AM
Eh, parker had 21 and 8 tonight.

Can't totally fault him either. Yeah he missed some shots, but he got the shot that cut it to 2.

Tony played fine, Tim did what he could, the game was about the boards and Manu not playing well,

Oh Yeah and that fucking NO CALL

BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!

boutons_
05-28-2008, 12:12 AM
If Manu's so hurt, where did his huge Game3 come from?

He's helped us win Championships, but he's cost us 2 Championships, and the Repeat.

dbreiden83080
05-28-2008, 12:14 AM
If Manu's so hurt, where did his huge Game3 come from?

He's helped us win Championships, but he's cost us 2 Championships, and the Repeat.

He made a few shots and the adrenline kicked into gear in game 3. Unless you believe the Lakers D is all world, (Which every stat out there says otherwise) i am going with injuries being the main reason Manu has laid 3 eggs in this series.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-28-2008, 12:15 AM
To say Manu's cost us championships is absurd.

One man can't win a championship just like one man can't lose a championship.

You want a championship in these situations, quit relying on old dudes to shoulder the load of a non 100 percent all -star.

If we had younger legs to step up, who have more than just a jumpshot, Manu wouldn't even be thrown under the bus.

Kori Ellis
05-28-2008, 12:16 AM
To say Manu's cost us championships is absurd.

One man can't win a championship just like one man can't lose a championship.

Exactly. It's ridiculous to give him that much blame.

1Parker1
05-28-2008, 12:18 AM
It's been a shit series for everyone not named Bruce Bowen and Brent Barry. Yes, Even Tim Duncan.

T Park
05-28-2008, 12:19 AM
It's been a shit series for everyone not named Bruce Bowen and Brent Barry. Yes, Even Tim Duncan.

Tim Duncan has been fine. Like tonight, hes left it all out there.

I don't know why you are expecting a gassed player to just all of a sudden play like hes 23 again.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-28-2008, 12:20 AM
he did not look hurt
he looked passive alot

Manu didn't have any lift on his jumper all night. Even the one he made in the fourth was essentially a set shot. Something was wrong.

ElNono
05-28-2008, 12:21 AM
Trade Manu? GTFO!

The reality is that he goes to the bench, because Finley sucks coming in from the bench. Then he starts because Fin sucks as a starter. Other than that trey in Game 1 against the Suns, we've got nothing from Fin. If he would at least put 10 points, not unreasonable for a starter, he would relieve quite a bit of pressure from Manu.

2centsworth
05-28-2008, 12:21 AM
You aren't reading what I'm writing at all.

I am saying he NEVER uses it as an excuse. But that he ALWAYS talks about it when asked. When asked before Game 1, he went on and on about how bad his ankle was hurting him. When asked about it after Game 2, he said that he actually was much much much improved over Game 1 health-wise. He repeated that 5 times in one interview. He said that he hadn't felt this good since the regular season.

if you can't see how this non driving Manu is no where close to the take it to the rim at will Manu, and then there's nothing I can say. But there's no freakin way the Spurs should ever ever make an injury excuse, especially with how lucky we've been in the past health wise.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-28-2008, 12:22 AM
Tim Duncan has been fine. Like tonight, hes left it all out there.

I don't know why you are expecting a gassed player to just all of a sudden play like hes 23 again.

He made some mental mistakes in the first half...

then again, the whole team played half-half, which is why we never capitalized.

Besides Barry, everyone made mistakes they shouldn't have made. Parker to Duncan, to Manu, etc.

Spurs lost the game just as much as the Lakers won it.

2centsworth
05-28-2008, 12:23 AM
he did not look hurt
he looked passive alot

you know what ducks, you're boyfriend laid a big freakin egg when the spurs really could have used him tonight. Instead we had to rely on Barry when it's obvious Manu is nowhere close to 100%.

Damn you're irritating.

ducks
05-28-2008, 12:23 AM
Manu didn't have any lift on his jumper all night. Even the one he made in the fourth was essentially a set shot. Something was wrong.

NO HE IS NOT
he just forget to arch the ball
HE IS HUMAN HE CAN SUCK

Lake_show
05-28-2008, 12:24 AM
Manu should have learned from Kobe on how to play through an injury because he is a real warrior.

LakerRings
beakman sucked ass tonight.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
Trade Manu? GTFO!

The reality is that he goes to the bench, because Finley sucks coming in from the bench. Then he starts because Fin sucks as a starter. Other than that trey in Game 1 against the Suns, we've got nothing from Fin. If he would at least put 10 points, not unreasonable for a starter, he would relieve quite a bit of pressure from Manu.

Finley's liability and Pop having to hide him with Duncan and Parker because he can't lead the bench is really pigeonholing us this season. Manu needs a better BACK up if not , depending on strategy someone he can play in tandem with.

Finley has left a lot to be desired this year. He was more reliable last year.

ducks
05-28-2008, 12:25 AM
you know what ducks, you're boyfriend laid a big freakin egg when the spurs really could have used him tonight. Instead we had to rely on Barry when it's obvious Manu is nowhere close to 100%.

Damn you're irritating.

tp did not lay a egg
9 assist 23 points= laying an egg:lol:lol:lol:lol

Anti.Hero
05-28-2008, 12:51 AM
He let us down.

I love the guy but I will always remember this year and how he let us down. Sucks he is so banged up.

1Parker1
05-28-2008, 12:54 AM
You can argue that every series is "all about Manu"

He's the Spurs X-Factor, always has been and always will be. Parker and Duncan are going to give you the same stuff every night. Manu is the one who's going to be there making the tough shots when nothing else works. If he's not on his game, Spurs aren't going to win.

aka_USAPA
05-28-2008, 12:55 AM
If you're hurt, don't play. If you play, don't make being hurt an excuse for incompetency.

2centsworth
05-28-2008, 12:58 AM
tp did not lay a egg
9 assist 23 points= laying an egg:lol:lol:lol:lol

4th quarter is what matters in my book. He stunk in winning time but you would have to remove your head from his croch to notice.

2centsworth
05-28-2008, 12:59 AM
If you're hurt, don't play. If you play, don't make being hurt an excuse for incompetency.

Pop should have benched him in favor of Brent all night. I put this more on Pop.

T Park
05-28-2008, 01:00 AM
4th quarter is what matters in my book. He stunk in winning time but you would have to remove your head from his croch to notice.

:lol

Seriously, Parker was far from the problems. Dude brought 23 and 9. If he brings that every night the Spurs win 99% of the time. Wake the fuck up.

T Park
05-28-2008, 01:00 AM
Pop should have benched him in favor of Brent all night. I put this more on Pop.

You don't bench your most clutch player, seriously, stop.

2centsworth
05-28-2008, 01:02 AM
:lol

Seriously, Parker was far from the problems. Dude brought 23 and 9. If he brings that every night the Spurs win 99% of the time. Wake the fuck up.

I agree with you, but I'm screwing with Ducks. Tony and Tim struggled down the stretch on O, but they were obviously out of freakin gas. I'm a huge Tony supporter. IN fact, he slowly becoming my favorite player on the Spurs.

2centsworth
05-28-2008, 01:02 AM
You don't bench your most clutch player, seriously, stop.

that's was Pop's thinking. I saw it different.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-28-2008, 01:03 AM
You can argue that every series is "all about Manu"

He's the Spurs X-Factor, always has been and always will be. Parker and Duncan are going to give you the same stuff every night. Manu is the one who's going to be there making the tough shots when nothing else works. If he's not on his game, Spurs aren't going to win.

Manu hasn't been able to create offense all by himself for the team since OT in game 1 against the Suns.
Besides Tony and Tim getting their layups, he's the one who's most deadly against defenses in isolation. It's just rather unfortunate that his potency is missing. He's our best creator. :depressed.

2centsworth
05-28-2008, 01:04 AM
NO HE IS NOT
he just forget to arch the ball
HE IS HUMAN HE CAN SUCK

No ducks, you suck a mighty french one.

aka_USAPA
05-28-2008, 01:04 AM
I agree with you, but I'm screwing with Ducks. Tony and Tim struggled down the stretch on O, but they were obviously out of freakin gas. I'm a huge Tony supporter. IN fact, he slowly becoming my favorite player on the Spurs.

The Spurs had a great run. 4 championships in 9 years is dynastic in my book. Just like the Lakers of the 80's, MJ and his Bulls, all good things come to an end. Teams age and the Spurs simply got old, and got beat by a better team tonight.

2centsworth
05-28-2008, 01:07 AM
The Spurs had a great run. 4 championships in 9 years is dynastic in my book. Just like the Lakers of the 80's, MJ and his Bulls, all good things come to an end. Teams age and the Spurs simply got old, and got beat by a better team tonight.

all the props in the world to LA, but I feel we all got cheated. LA, because they deserve a lot of credit which they still might get, but also SA because we had another .4 type of game in the making. INstead JOey Crawford decided to end the game in controversy.

Don Quixote
05-28-2008, 01:09 AM
Next year, we'll need a better squad to keep Ginobili ready for the playoffs.

timvp
05-28-2008, 01:09 AM
Back to the topic of this thread, this series wasn't all about Manu. Manu is a damn good player but the Spurs are best when they can win even when Manu isn't at his best. Go look at last year in the playoffs. They won more games than they lost when Manu was held to under ten points.

This year if Manu is held under ten points, the Spurs have almost no shot. Like I've said during all this complaining about Manu in the last week, his one flaw is inconsistency. If the Spurs are going to live and die by Manu, you have to expect off nights.

Manu isn't to blame. He could bounce back in Game 5 and go for 40. That's what he does. Spurs have to win with what they have and they've done so in the past.

Blaming Manu for being inconsistent is like blaming Parker for being French or blaming Duncan not hitting more three-pointers.

WCFBaby
05-28-2008, 01:16 AM

Yeah, and the Spurs are going to win this series in 7. Shut your hole. Manu played like a puss tonight.

TMTTRIO
05-28-2008, 01:17 AM
To be fair, Manu seemed pretty consistant during the regular season when he was relied upon to carry the team while Tim and Tony were out with injuries but yes he's always been inconsistent. But this is just weird and I've never seen Manu play so badly. It just doesn't even look like the same Manu that we all love. His decision making has been awful because he can't score and he doesn't come out with the same energy or explosiveness that makes him great.

2centsworth
05-28-2008, 01:17 AM
Back to the topic of this thread, this series wasn't all about Manu. Manu is a damn good player but the Spurs are best when they can win even when Manu isn't at his best. Go look at last year in the playoffs. They won more games than they lost when Manu was held to under ten points.

This year if Manu is held under ten points, the Spurs have almost no shot. Like I've said during all this complaining about Manu in the last week, his one flaw is inconsistency. If the Spurs are going to live and die by Manu, you have to expect off nights.

Manu isn't to blame. He could bounce back in Game 5 and go for 40. That's what he does. Spurs have to win with what they have and they've done so in the past.

Blaming Manu for being inconsistent is like blaming Parker for being French or blaming Duncan not hitting more three-pointers.

you're confusing banged up with inconsistentcy. He's not the most durable guy in the world.

Spurtacus
05-28-2008, 01:18 AM
I wish Manu was healthy. Not making excuses. But if he had a fresh ankle and a damn fingernail, we could be talking 3-1 Spurs.

2centsworth
05-28-2008, 01:18 AM

Ginobili's only chance is to go Horry and settle for being a top notch role player. Otherwise, he has 1 or 2 years left.

2centsworth
05-28-2008, 01:20 AM
I wish Manu was healthy. Not making excuses. But if he had a fresh ankle and a damn fingernail, we could be talking 3-1 Spurs.

LA is without Bynum, Spurs have been relatively healthy in the past. Injuries are just part of the game. Championship teams just deal with it.

yaicu2
05-28-2008, 01:20 AM
No, I don't say he's healthy or close to healthy. I say that he's healthier than he was earlier in the playoffs. And I say that HE says that he's feeling much better than he has in weeks. And I say that he's playing poorly because he's in a funk AND he's banged up.

And I would never trade Manu. That's crazy.

I agree with Kori. That would be the stupidest move the spurs could make. When Parker and Duncan where hurt, he was putting up stellar numbers in the season. He put the whole team on his back, and carried them throughout that injury period. Manu is my favorite player, and yes he sucked tonight, but someone else needs to step up and help duncan out. I mean shit, he did it, why can't anyone else.

Parker dominated the Phoenix series, and seems to only perform when we're making outside shots. Unfortunately for us, we haven't been to good on the outside. Duncan is doing his normal every day grind, but we need someone else who can come in and consistently score, throughout the season, and playoffs. Manu is obviously hurt, and it's affecting his play. Anyone that can't see that is just pissed at him for not doing well.

timvp
05-28-2008, 01:22 AM
you're confusing banged up with inconsistentcy. He's not the most durable guy in the world.Has he always been banged up? Because he's been inconsistent in the playoffs and regular seasons. Look at the last three playoffs and see how he'll score 35 one night, score 8 the next night and come back with 28 the next night. That's Puro Ginobili. Even Oberto talked about how in Europe, Ginobili would always follow up bad games with good games.

And that's not even a knock on him. Having one flaw isn't a bad thing. When Manu averages 20 points in a series, it's usually because he score 30 three times and 10 three times.

Again, if the Spurs are going to construct their team in a way that demand Ginobili score 20 points each and every night, they aren't going to be too successful and they aren't using the great player that is Manu Ginobili correctly.

sabar
05-28-2008, 01:25 AM
Series is all about our role players stepping up in place of an off-night of the big three. As a matter of fact, this entire year and last year was based on the same principle. Any year for any team really. Teams need their Steve Kerrs, their Brent Barrys, their Pejas to step up to the plate.

Unfortunately advanced age has made this difficult for the Spurs. As players age they get more inconsistent, and that's dangerous when Manu himself is inconsistent.

2centsworth
05-28-2008, 01:26 AM
Has he always been banged up? Because he's been inconsistent in the playoffs and regular seasons. Look at the last three playoffs and see how he'll score 35 one night, score 8 the next night and come back with 28 the next night. That's Puro Ginobili. Even Oberto talked about how in Europe, Ginobili would always follow up bad games with good games.

And that's not even a knock on him. Having one flaw isn't a bad thing. When Manu averages 20 points in a series, it's usually because he score 30 three times and 10 three times.

Again, if the Spurs are going to construct their team in a way that demand Ginobili score 20 points each and every night, they aren't going to be too successful and they aren't using the great player that is Manu Ginobili correctly.

he is somewhat inconsistent I give you that, but his all-around game and crunch time performances allows him to disguise the weakness. However, he's got a lot of Larry Bird in him. Talent, some athleticism, too much body contact.

KobeOwnsBowen
05-28-2008, 01:28 AM
Didn't seem to bother him last game. 30 points. Just an excuse to avoid admitting that the Lakers are just better

2centsworth
05-28-2008, 01:33 AM
Didn't seem to bother him last game. 30 points. Just an excuse to avoid admitting that the Lakers are just better

get lost troll.

aka_USAPA
05-28-2008, 01:46 AM

Next year, the Lakers will be more experienced, and they will have Andrew Bynum. This year is the last chance of the Spurs but the Lakers will have nothing to do with it.

Blackjack
05-28-2008, 02:01 AM
There's no doubt in my mind that if Manu were playing anywhere near what he's capable of that the Spurs win this series in 5 or 6.

That being said, the biggest reason the Spurs are in this hole can be summed up in one word... Fatigue.

This team plays with zero room for error. Just about every aspect of their game (defense,rebounding,scoring) is contingent on timing, mental focus, and effort. It's about playing on a string, both offensively and defensively. And when it's off just a hair... Well, that's how a team this good can be blown-out so often.

They just haven't had the "juice" to get to their spots, or to loose balls. Other than the first half of game 1, and the majority of game 3(which probably had more to do with adrenaline), they've just been a step slow physically and mentally.

All that being said, I'm not sure I've ever been more proud of a team. The grit and mental toughness this team has displayed has been pretty fuckin amazing, to say the least. Hopefully they'll be able to use it to extend the series, and give themselves a chance at making some history.

kace
05-28-2008, 02:23 AM
it's so crazy to try talk calmly and objectively about manu.

to win the spurs need each one of our big 4 (tim, tony, manu and Bruce) to play at their best. No one outside them is consistent enough to help us.

Tony is at the required level in these PO. he's not outstanding in this serie as he was before but get the job done.

Tim isn't as dominant as he was in offense but he's right there, providing us his defense, rebounds and scoring even at a rather low % for him.

Bruce is there in these PO. Obviously, against kobe, it's hard for him, but he's the one able to contain him.

Manu isn't simply at the required level. in offense and in defense. He was hampered in some games but has really a bad way to deal with it. with someone of our big three not scoring well and at a good %, we're in big trouble.

it's just so funny that there were some posts about manu being our main man in these PO where he's simply killing us. i'm not bashing him, he does what he can and he surely feels bad about it, but a fact is a fact.

SouthernFried
05-28-2008, 02:37 AM
It wasn't about Manu at all...

It was about POP not recognizing Manu's limitations sooner...and bringing in Barry when it's obvious to every 12 yr old out there Manu is not doing it on a certain night.

kace
05-28-2008, 04:33 AM
EDIT: double post. sorry

roycrikside
05-28-2008, 05:15 AM
Manu's Injured. Everyone knows it.

But that's not his fatal flaw as player.

His problem is I don't think he thinks of himself as a scorer. He think of himself as a problem solver. That's the way Pop has used him for years: Problem solver. The team needs energy, give them energy. They need passing, pass the ball. They need shooting, shoot, etc. Manu comes into the game, sees what the problem is and tries to fix it.

But sometimes HE's the problem. Sometimes his shot doesn't feel good or he can't jump or whatever. So he fixes it by simply refusing to shoot. Sometimes he tries to be a playmaker, but other times he goes into a shell and just floats, goes five, ten possessions without touching the ball or even looking at the basket. It's his way of solving the problem. He has to physically be ordered to shoot the ball when he's in a funk, but I don't think that's Pop's style.

Look at the box score. To hear people describe Manu's night, you'd think he missed more shots than Tim and Tony combined. Tim missed 16. Tony missed nine. Manu missed six.

He took eight shots all game.

Somebody like TPark or Ducks will rave at the numbers Tony or Tim or Kobe put up in a game and they'll never consider how many possessions it took for them to get those numbers. Manu has never been a volume shooter, he's always been an efficient scorer.

Kobe took 29 shots to get 28 points today. Tim took 26 shots to get 29. Manu took eight to get seven.

Hell will freeze over before Manu ever takes 29 shots in a ballgame. But you better believe, no matter how poorly he shoots, he could muster a 1/1 ratio. It's not that hard.

You really want Manu to take 12 crappy shots when he clearly doesn't feel it just so he can sink six or seven? If he finished 7-19 with 20 points, would the rubes of the world rejoice?

He gives up the ball because sometimes he thinks other people can do better than he can. If they win, he's a footnote. If they lose, it looks like he played terrible. To some people, the game is that simple.

The Spurs missed 45 shots. Manu missed six. Please, let's have some common sense about this.

greens
05-28-2008, 05:23 AM

I honestly have never heard Manu complain about injuries. He might say something small about it. But he never complains, saying stuff like, "I'm in a LOT of pain, etc..." He doesn't whine.

When did he say that something was hurting him? In the playoffs? I didn't hear anything about his ankle vs Suns or NO. Only recently vs the Lakers game, EVERYONE is talking about his ankle. Why did he only now get an MRI if he is fine? That is what I don't get. And why is the media suddenly asking so many questions about Manu's ankle? He also had some bad games vs NO, and no one asked about the ankle.

I really believe it is so much worse than what Manu is saying...I saw him play in today's game, he has no lift. He didn't attack the basket once. It's like he has no speed anymore.

All I'm saying is that I don't expect Manu to suddenly start complaining about his ankle in the Conference Finals, maybe during the regular season or whatever, but not during this series.

Plus with a no-nonsense coach like Pop, I don't even think Manu is allowed to complain if something is really bothering him, especially now.

kace
05-28-2008, 05:32 AM
Manu's Injured. Everyone knows it.

But that's not his fatal flaw as player.

His problem is I don't think he thinks of himself as a scorer. He think of himself as a problem solver. That's the way Pop has used him for years: Problem solver. The team needs energy, give them energy. They need passing, pass the ball. They need shooting, shoot, etc. Manu comes into the game, sees what the problem is and tries to fix it.

But sometimes HE's the problem. Sometimes his shot doesn't feel good or he can't jump or whatever. So he fixes it by simply refusing to shoot. Sometimes he tries to be a playmaker, but other times he goes into a shell and just floats, goes five, ten possessions without touching the ball or even looking at the basket. It's his way of solving the problem. He has to physically be ordered to shoot the ball when he's in a funk, but I don't think that's Pop's style.

Look at the box score. To hear people describe Manu's night, you'd think he missed more shots than Tim and Tony combined. Tim missed 16. Tony missed nine. Manu missed six.

He took eight shots all game.

Somebody like TPark or Ducks will rave at the numbers Tony or Tim or Kobe put up in a game and they'll never consider how many possessions it took for them to get those numbers. Manu has never been a volume shooter, he's always been an efficient scorer.

Kobe took 29 shots to get 28 points today. Tim took 26 shots to get 29. Manu took eight to get seven.

Hell will freeze over before Manu ever takes 29 shots in a ballgame. But you better believe, no matter how poorly he shoots, he could muster a 1/1 ratio. It's not that hard.

You really want Manu to take 12 crappy shots when he clearly doesn't feel it just so he can sink six or seven? If he finished 7-19 with 20 points, would the rubes of the world rejoice?

He gives up the ball because sometimes he thinks other people can do better than he can. If they win, he's a footnote. If they lose, it looks like he played terrible. To some people, the game is that simple.

The Spurs missed 45 shots. Manu missed six. Please, let's have some common sense about this.

lame post.

basically, we need each one of our big three to score 20 ppg at a good % in order to win. everybody knows that, everybody was saying that before the PO.
if one or more of them score at 30 %, it's not enough. if one or more score less than 15 points even at a good %, it's not enough. not to talk if one or more score less than 15 points at a bad %.

how many games in these PO did manu score 20 ppg at a good % ? maybe two ? not to talk about his defensive weakness and lot of bad choices/TO in these PO.

fuch the hate, fuck the bashing, fuck the trade X, fuck the manu vs tony vs tim things....

you want a fact, there's a fact: manu's isn't playing well enough in these PO. maybe because of his injurie. maybe because of his bad way to deal with it. maybe because he's simply cold. we managed to win some games despite it (even if some few also thanks to him), but we're not the same team if one of our big 3 is playing poorly.

i don't like it, i hope it will end before it's too late, but it is what it is right now.

greens
05-28-2008, 05:37 AM

We know that he's inconsistent. But come on, do you really think that's just it this time? That he's playing this badly due to his inconsistency? I've watched him play in the past few weeks, and he has no lift anymore. He has no speed. He can't penetrate as well as we know he can. It's all about his physical state right now. Hence, he gets an MRI done on his ankle. No matter what he says or what Pop says, he's far from being Manu, physically wise. His ankle is probably bothering him like crazy. But he is not going to talk about it.

I get him being inconsistent. But this is just way too different. Anyone can see the difference in the way he plays. Even in Game three, the big coming out Manu party, he still made most of his shots from the three point line, not from penetrating or doing his usual stuff. I'm telling you, he doesn't look healthy at all. He looks like he's barely holding it together, physically wise.

But hey, if everyone wants to blame it on him being inconsistent or sucking during the most important games of the season, then so be it.

rascal
05-28-2008, 06:00 AM

Quit blaming injuries. He was healthy enough in game 3 to put up a great game.

Avitus1
05-28-2008, 06:08 AM
I'd say Manu was a factor but a bigger one was stupid coaching mistakes.

Ginofan
05-28-2008, 07:16 AM
I can't believe the "Trade Manu" "Manu is a liability" "It's Manu's fault that we lost championships" posts. Seriously fuck you to all who want to think that way, You don't deserve to celebrate the 3 rings Manu did help win for us.

Bruno
05-28-2008, 07:25 AM
it's as stupid to say that it's all about Manu than Manu isn't one of the main reason why Spurs are down 3-1.

FACT: In Spurs 3 loses, Manu averages 8ppg with a 24% FG%.

urunobili
05-28-2008, 07:45 AM

:depressed:depressed

mystargtr34
05-28-2008, 07:47 AM

This run definately isnt over.

If you look at the 3 core guys

Duncan - He just turned 32... in other words hes only 2 years older than Kobe... except his game isnt based on athleticism and he should be able to compete at an All-NBA level until hes about 35 ala Hakeem Olajuwon. Even more so than Hakeem... Tim's game is based on skill and understanding the game... so even when his 'athleticism' detiorates he will still be a force... whether Duncan chooses to go long past that is anybodies guess.

Manu - Hes 30... and hes the wildcard... He gets banged up easily... and like timvp said you have to takwe the good with the bad... but he certaintly has at least 2 maybe 3 more good years.

Parker - He just turned 26 and he hasnt hit his prime yet... hes established himself as a top5 PG and if he can somehow improve his passing game he could join Deron and CP3 as the cream and really become a big time player... if he already hasnt.

Bowen - This part sux... the dude is amazing and hes a physical specimin but he cant go on forever... and sooner or later ... heres to sooner... the Front Offic decides to pull their head out of their ass and maybe draft a guy to groom and replace him.

The next set of guys are all an integral part of the team but to be honest im not that worried because theyre all replaceable.. and their the old guys

Finley and Horry are pretty much gone...

Barry should be the only 'old' guy along with Bowen on the team next year...

Splitter just turned 23
Mahinmi is 21

Hopefully we can pick up a good wing in the draft ... maybe Brandon Rush or Nicolas Batum.

And use the mid level to get a scorer or a backup PG.

The Spurs future still looks bright.

Slippy
05-28-2008, 07:48 AM
Manu was disgraceful last night . Sure he's hurt, so fake some emotion and life for the sake of his team. It looked as if he was content with simply showing up with his presense. Aside from passing the ball, a little bit of contribution on the offensive end could of made the difference.

A lot of the blame should go to Manu .. his lethargic play set the tone, the team followed.

SAGambler
05-28-2008, 08:41 AM
One reason the Spurs lost this game.

Rebounds! Lakers had like 20 second chance points. We grab those rebounds, and Spurs win by 20.

Let's hope they can get their rebounding together for the game at Staples. We need to take all the rest.