PDA

View Full Version : Solid Win by Lakers

tmtcsc
05-27-2008, 11:29 PM
They won qtrs. 1-3 and won the rebounding battle easily. They kept control of the game the entire way. They overcame a big advantage for the Spurs at the FT line too. No excuses,they earned it.

Kudos to Brent Barry for a great effort. He deserved the playing time and rewarded Pop. No show by Manu and Finley and you get a loss at home. Obviously, we needed our stars to play and Manu came up with a really poor game.

Kobe paced the Lakers offensively and made sure that he kept the Spurs at arms length all night long. The Lakers need 4 wins to advance and we'll need our best game to keep this going. I wouldn't be surprised if the Lakers are favored by 7 to 9 points.

Championship teams win games like this and that's exactly what the Lakers did. Props to them.

ballhog
05-27-2008, 11:31 PM
Lakers won yes, but the Spurs had so many chances to take the lead. Yeah, the Lakers are gonna win it all this year. Just hate to see it. I'll be rooting for any team but them.

tmtcsc
05-27-2008, 11:35 PM
Yes, we had chances to take the lead but we buried ourselves in a 14 pt hole. The Lakers were more aggressive tonight when it should have been us fighting for our lives.

We're making mistakes that we shouldn't be making.

LakersMark
05-27-2008, 11:35 PM
Great observation much respect. No trash talkin here. Thats all we want is objectivity we got our butts kicked in game 3 and had to fight like hell to get a win tonight the Spurs are great champs and it still will not be easy.

E20
05-27-2008, 11:37 PM
Good win by the Lakers, Spurs had multiple chances to take the lead, but just couldn't deliver. Not too upset on that last play, seeing that no ref would have called that. Spurs have to look at film to see what went wrong and get ready for Game 5. Hopefully we can take that one and build upon from there.

tmtcsc
05-27-2008, 11:39 PM
Someone should start the official Mt Everest thread.

Lakers08Champs
05-27-2008, 11:40 PM
Spur fans are much classy bunch, unlike the jazz fans all they do is whine about the calls or make excuses!! good game guys! :toast

reddog 99
05-27-2008, 11:42 PM
Come on.

It was a foul.

Another gift by the Spurs and it still doesn't change the FACT.

misterx91578
05-27-2008, 11:42 PM
agreed good win for them we just couldn't capitalize on our chances

tmtcsc
05-27-2008, 11:47 PM
Come on.

It was a foul.

Another gift by the Spurs and it still doesn't change the FACT.

In a regular season game, maybe we get that call. Brent could have sold it more or could have passed it to Horry. I'm ok with Brent taking the shot. Tim mentioned that we might have got the call had Brent not taken the step to the right but that you'd rather not rely on the refs in that situation.

This game was lost much earlier than the last play. We've now blown a 20 pt lead on the road and lost a game at home. That's tough to overcome.

As up and down as we've been in this series, I wouldn't be totally shocked if we do force this to a game 6. I'm not counting us out. Chances are, Manu will play much better in the next game.

ballhog
05-27-2008, 11:47 PM
That last call will be talked to death but it won't change the outcome. Lakers still need to win one more game. It should be easy, since the Spurs shot their wads tonight.

Purple & Gold
05-27-2008, 11:50 PM
I would also give props to Tim Duncan. He played a hell of a game. Not his fault the Lakers were grabbing every offensive board. The FO seriously needs to get him some help. Without Bynum the Lakers are not that good of a rebounding team.

K-State Spur
05-27-2008, 11:52 PM
i'm gonna disagree that this was a solid game by the Lakers.

a mediocre effort by the Spurs would have been enough to pound them pretty good - instead the Spurs brought a piss poor one.

ultimately, the team has nobody to blame but themselves that they aren't up 3-1 right now. they wouldn't have had to play anywhere near as good as they did in some of those Hornets victories, but they have to show better than they have in this series thus far.

orcfenix
05-27-2008, 11:53 PM
good job spurs fans. showing class and admitting defeat. but you have to admit. that was a horribly officiated game for both teams.

K-State Spur
05-27-2008, 11:58 PM
good job spurs fans. showing class and admitting defeat. but you have to admit. that was a horribly officiated game for both teams.

granted. Spurs got the benefit of the calls most of the night. Lakers got a huge call on the game's most critical play.

as angry as i was when that play went down - as we get a bit more time away from it, there are about 20 other things I can point to as to why the Spurs lost over that non-call.

that said, Joey Crawford is still dickhead (and I mean that in the sense that his head actually does look like a penis) who shouldn't be allowed to officiate Spurs games...

tmtcsc
I didn't think the refs were a factor tonight. It was the same for both teams.

bryants2hot2handle
thanks for the class act. great game tonight!

TDfan2007
05-28-2008, 12:00 AM

It was...for certain stretches, but overall I don't think that either team can complain. The refs definetely let both teams play in the 4th.

This was a great win for the Lakers. Sure the Spurs were gassed (hence the lack of energy), but that is probably not going to change in game 5. The Lakers started the game by making some VERY tough shots and just never let up. Any time a team can lead for the entire game it means they played a hell of a game.

Congrats Lakers, but the Spurs aren't out yet.

ElNono
05-28-2008, 12:07 AM
Too many mistakes by our team, when we had a clear advantage with Odom and Fish in foul trouble in the first half. When you give up 20+ points in second chance points, and you don't take care of your defensive boards, you end up in a hole you can't get out of.
Credit to the Lakers, especially their bench, for being the more aggresove team tonight.
I mean, we made Walton look like a playa! Enough said.

Don Quixote
05-28-2008, 12:12 AM
Congrats on the series win, Lakers.

DDS4
05-28-2008, 12:17 AM
Lakers had more energy and pretty much outplayed the Spurs for 47.5 minutes.

I love Bones but when he's the #1 option, the Spurs are in deep trouble.

That said, I'm eager to see how the Spurs respond facing elimination (again).