PDA

View Full Version : I'm so glad we got Kurt Thomas!

peskypesky
05-27-2008, 11:32 PM
So we could watch him sit on the bench while we get destroyed on the boards! That is awesome! Yes! Thank you, Poopazit!

mikeanthony21
05-27-2008, 11:37 PM
So we could watch him sit on the bench while we get destroyed on the boards! That is awesome! Yes! Thank you, Poopazit!

Curious, isn't it?

ducks
05-28-2008, 12:47 AM
it is strange
was kurt thomas only brought here to beat shaq?

T Park
05-28-2008, 12:48 AM
Hes not a good match up vs Lamar Odom.

Sorry your too dense to see that.

ballhog
05-28-2008, 12:48 AM
Where's Elson now??

Buddy Holly
05-28-2008, 12:49 AM
Thomas is too slow to play. I know it sucks, but while he made have given us some boards that gets canceled as his opponent gets baskets on the other end.

Though funny enough, he gave up a rebound tonight after a free throw.

Trainwreck2100
You didnt need Thomas to beat the sorry ass Suns.

WTF would you know about beating the suns?

T Park
Where's Elson now??

Sitting in the Netherlands enjoying his millions.

He would be useless vs the Lakers too so get that thought out of your head.

T Park
05-28-2008, 12:50 AM
You didnt need Thomas to beat the sorry ass Suns.

Yeah that defending Shaq thing never helps.

TDMVPDPOY
05-28-2008, 12:52 AM
correy maggete would be useful had that trade went though

timvp
05-28-2008, 12:53 AM
1) Thomas can't guard anyone in this series. When the Spurs traded for him I worried about his lack of mobility when combined with Duncan. I hate that it actually came to fruition.

2) Thomas has two rebounds in 23 minutes in this series. If he had shown any rebounding ability when going up against this slender, long and quick team, perhaps this thread would make more sense.

Buddy Holly
05-28-2008, 12:53 AM
correy maggete would be useful had that trade went though

Artest would be useful had that trade gone through.

Maggette would probably be injured right now.

Buddy Holly
05-28-2008, 12:54 AM
1) Thomas can't guard anyone in this series. When the Spurs traded for him I worried about his lack of mobility when combined with Duncan. I hate that it actually came to fruition.

2) Thomas has two rebounds in 23 minutes in this series. If he had shown any rebounding ability when going up against this slender, long and quick team, perhaps this thread would make more sense.

He actually lost a rebound to a smaller player tonight too.

midgetonadonkey
05-28-2008, 12:54 AM

And Oberto is? Oberto has a 4 inch vertical jump and displays it proudly everytime he tries to bat a ball to the back court. Fuck trying to pull it down as a reboud.

T Park
05-28-2008, 12:55 AM
And Oberto is? Oberto has a 4 inch vertical jump and displays it proudly everytime he tries to bat a ball to the back court. Fuck trying to pull it down as a reboud.

Hes a better matchup than Thomas.

Borosai
05-28-2008, 12:55 AM
Mahinmi!

ballhog
05-28-2008, 12:57 AM
Sitting in the Netherlands enjoying his millions.

He would be useless vs the Lakers too so get that thought out of your head.

At least he was another shotblocker. Duncan has been it for defense down low this postseason. Thomas has had a few flashes but that's it.

T Park
05-28-2008, 12:58 AM
At least he was another shotblocker. Duncan has been it for defense down low this postseason. Thomas has had a few flashes but that's it.

:lol

Yeah Francisco Elson is the reason why they are behind in this series.

Good god, step away from the computer and go to bed.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-28-2008, 01:02 AM

It doesn't stop Pop from playing Finley...

Put him on Gasol then and tell him to push Gasol out of the low post.

Bruno
05-28-2008, 01:03 AM
Thomas is a solid player but he is really matchup dependent.
He was really good against Suns and Shaq, so-so against Hornets and he is useless against Lakers.

Against 90% of the teams, Spurs needed more speed in the frontcourt and they trade fro Kurt Slowmas. Go figure.

ballhog
05-28-2008, 01:05 AM

Yeah Francisco Elson is the reason why they are behind in this series.

Good god, step away from the computer and go to bed.

Hey, you saying that Thomas is an improvement. That's a laugh. Look at what we gave up for Thomas and do the math. He ain't playing.

SouthTexasRancher
05-28-2008, 01:14 AM

Amen! This has been Pop's worst year of coaching since he became the Spurs coach. Going back over all the games we played this season makes it surprising we even made it to the playoffs. We have never had so many blowout losses during his tenure. Yes a lot can be blamed on a bunch of tired, old legs but, it goes deeper than that. When he told the players on the 2007 Championship team he would bring them all back so they would have a chance at a re-peat, was fine. The trouble is he has done a lousey job of coaching, especially in the managing minutes department. Instead of developing guys like Ime Udoka and Matt Bonner to play in games like tonight where players like Finley, Oberto, Thomas, Horry and Vaughn have either not shown up or barely shown up at best, he didn't even use those two (8 min. for Udoka and 0 min. for Bonner) tonight when we could have used the hustle both seem to always bring (both are good for rebounds and points). Instead he sticks with Oberto who should be shipped back to Argentina and Finley who drew blanks in every category.

As to Manu, he must be hurting badly to keep having so many bad games, totally unlike him. Duncan, Parker and Barry were the only guys who really showed up tonight. When we have 3 starters end up with 0, 0 and 7 points total then Pop has to take the blame. The only thing that makes sense is Pop knows this is no longer a championship team with the current 12 players and this gives him the ammo to get rid of Finley, Horry, Thomas, Vaughn, and Oberto before the start of next season. Very little trade value in any of them oldsters.

Time to reload next year and get some new guys acclimated for a strong playoff run in the 2009-2010 season. We have to get much more athletic, longer, and smart players who are inclined toward playing good, solid team defense yet are able to score. We need guys who can put the ball in the basket. And yes, bring Barry back and move Bowen to the bench to play key minutes at key times during a game but, not as a starter. We have to get scorers into the game early so we don't get so far behind like we've done so many times this season. Too bad we let Houston have Scola.

Finally, deadhead, Stern is going to get his orgasmic pairing in the finals. And he will work it so the Celtics win it all. He needs to bring the East into a competive position again and what better way to do it than by making sure Boston wins it all.

The good part is our guys have given us a lot to be thankful for over the past 9 years. Duncan, Parker, Manu and Bruce have done their part.

SRJ
05-28-2008, 01:38 AM

The rebounds Oberto back-taps are rebounds that cannot be had by the offensive player. The back tap beats an over-the-back foul any day.

Trust me, the ORB's that Oberto back-taps are rebounds Dwight Howard can't get to.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-28-2008, 01:42 AM
Let's jsut be glad we got BARRY BACK in the Thomas Trade otherwise the Spurs would have been demoralized.

21_Blessings
05-28-2008, 01:48 AM
the best part is you gave up your first rounder for him. considering where TP and Manu were drafted; hahaha

Presti swindled Pop plain and simple

aka_USAPA
05-28-2008, 01:49 AM
I thought the Thomas trade was a desperate move.

SouthernFried
05-28-2008, 02:13 AM
Thomas should have played a LOT more.

And like I've been saying since the last series...so should have Barry. Pop finally seeing the light that so many of us have been yelling "Play fucking Barry!!"...looks like has come too little too late.

And you know why Duncan was soooo fucking tired at the end? He had no fucking help. THAT is why we brought Thomas in...to help Tim. And Bullshit that he'd do a worse job than Oberto on Odom. Thomas is a damned good defender.

No...whoever said POP has coached this year terribly, is right. Taking Bowen out and letting Kobe go on his biggest tear of the series..dumb Pop. NOT playing Barry when Fin and Manu are stinking it up....Dumb Pop.

Not letting Thomas help Timmy on the boards....dumb Pop.

Christ, BARRY was the next best rebounder...with 5. Oberto couldn't even outrebound our bench point guard.

Gimme a break.

rascal
05-28-2008, 06:33 AM

Yes, Thomas plays like a robot. And is as quick as one.

Deuces88
05-28-2008, 06:39 AM
Thomas played well against a quick David West. Actually, West couldn't really drive with Thomas on him because Thomas could always stay in front of him. If he can stay in front of West, he can stay in front of Odom. Start Thomas!

Mr. Peabody
05-28-2008, 06:41 AM
the best part is you gave up your first rounder for him. considering where TP and Manu were drafted; hahaha

Manu was drafted at the end of the second round.:bang

Groktar
05-28-2008, 06:55 AM
I thought the Thomas trade was a desperate move.

I thought most of the midseason trades were. So many already aging teams shipped out their young talent for guys past their prime. All season long people were talking about how the West wasn't going to get easier anytime soon, but then all of the powers for the last 4-5 years go nuts and sacrifice their futures. :depressed

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-28-2008, 07:13 AM
That's all well and good, but we've been fine on the boards all year until this bloody game!

I agree that Thomas should've played the 2nd Q after we gave up 5 O boards in the 1st. He is too slow to guard Odom or Gasol for long periods though.

kace
05-28-2008, 07:15 AM
Oberto couldn't even outrebound our bench point guard.

Gimme a break.

:lol....... sad but true :bang

manufor3
05-28-2008, 07:21 AM
WTF would you know about beating the suns?

pad300
05-28-2008, 10:20 AM
Thomas was brought in to guard Shaq and Bynum ...

The expected Laker starting line-up at the time of the trade was

Bynum
Gasol
Ariza/VladRad/Walton
Kobe
Fisher

with Odom coming as 6th man, swiching in for Gasol or Bynum...

That's a lineup you can play Thomas against

Thomas guards Bynum
Duncan on Gasol
Finley on the SF
Bowen on Kobe
Parker on Fisher

As it is, the lakers are almost playing small-ball, because Lamar Odom is a tweener SF/PF, and Gasol is "lightweight" for a C, he's much more of a pure PF.

gmartin02
05-28-2008, 10:50 AM
WTF would you know about beating the suns?Lakers all time playoff series record against Phoenix: 7-4

Sure they lost the last couple of years to Phoenix (with Smush Parker & Kawame Brown), but that is a very small part of the "big picture" - I guess I am older than many of you (been watching/listening to the Lakers since 1970 - 9 NBA championships, 16 Finals appearances since I became a Lakers fan)

P.S. Lakers all time playoff series record against San Antonio: 7-3 (soon to be 8-3) - no wonder Spurs fans hate the Lakers so much (jealousy)

Say-Townbball
05-28-2008, 11:47 AM
useless thread.

it's all about matchups.

Whoever brought up Elson should become a Sonic's fan. I'd take Thomas over Elson and Rasho COMBINED. Granted, Thomas isn't very quick but at least he has balls.

Elson and Rasho= too soft.

E.O.A.O.
05-28-2008, 11:49 AM
Too bad you got him for free. Send Barry back to Seattle. :D:D