PDA

View Full Version : The Bottom Line - Time to make history.

MannyIsGod
05-27-2008, 11:35 PM
Joey Crawford is a bitch and we all know it. But truth be told, Fish's shot hit the rim and the Spurs got a bad call in their favor at that point and just weren't able to make it happen.

Fuck it, forget it. Lets hope the Spurs do. They've got bigger fish to fry.

They have to accomplish the greatest comeback in San Antonio Spurs history.

Titles aren't easy to win. But they've probably never been as hard as this one. Thats only going to serve to make this one the sweetest of them all.

“When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before.” — Jacob Riis

T Park
05-27-2008, 11:38 PM
Hopefully they can do what the 2004 Spurs couldn't.

ducks
05-27-2008, 11:38 PM
spurs can do it
if manu is not healthy you can not play him more minutes then barry

1Parker1
05-27-2008, 11:39 PM
Wishful Thinking Forum :depressed

MannyIsGod
They got this. I'm telling you, its all a ploy to make this DVD the best of all time.

SPARKY
On to Game 5.

VinnyTestesVerde
05-27-2008, 11:40 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PpSFExhRdBA&hl=en&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PpSFExhRdBA&hl=en&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Budkin
05-27-2008, 11:41 PM
I really want to believe Manny... and I will until they lose that 4th game... I just can't quit on them. GO SPURS GO!!!

MannyIsGod
Wishful Thinking Forum :depressed

Nah, I know this team and I guarntee a game five win. Then, when they're back here playing at the AT&T in front of their home crowd? They win again.

And then in a game 7 where the Lakers feel all the pressure of a monumental choke job? The Spurs win again.

Spurs in 7.

209Goodfella
Yes yes on to game 5. See what the Spurs are made of. :ihit

T Park
They got this. I'm telling you, its all a ploy to make this DVD the best of all time.

I'll buy a fucking case of em if they can pull it off.

timmydidit
Lets Dooo Thiis

tp2021
spurs can do it
if manu is not healthy you can not play him more minutes then barry

somebody with connections needs to tell pop that. if your injury is not allowing you to play (which it sure seems like it has for manu) then you SHOULD NOT BE PLAYING. i am a member of the CoM but he is embarrassing the congregation. Start barry and bring finley off the bench. use manu for spot minutes to see if he can even hold on to a ball thats put straight into his chest.

T Park
05-27-2008, 11:42 PM
BTW, when Manny guarantees something it 99% of the time comes true.

Remember that.

MannyIsGod
Manu's not hurt, he's been spotting the Lakers a lead.

Jayem
fukk the spurs, lets go detroit

DespЏrado
05-27-2008, 11:46 PM
I got that feeling about the spurs from game 1 against the Suns. And it hasn't died yet. The Spurs as long as they aren't out of it can still pull it off. I don't expect this team to go down in less than 7. One game at a time one possession at a time!

1Parker1
05-27-2008, 11:48 PM
Nah, I know this team and I guarntee a game five win. Then, when they're back here playing at the AT&T in front of their home crowd? They win again.

And then in a game 7 where the Lakers feel all the pressure of a monumental choke job? The Spurs win again.

Spurs in 7.

:lol How many shots have you done Manny? Don't lie now...

mVp
05-27-2008, 11:48 PM
With Manu injured and playing like shit, I highly doubt it :depressed

But whatever... if we don't make it to the Finals, I hope the Pistons do, and beat the fuck out of the Fakers.

baseline bum
05-27-2008, 11:50 PM
Fuck, I really want Midge banned!

MannyIsGod
05-27-2008, 11:50 PM
Piston Talk is ---------------------------> that way bitches.

This is Spurstalk, where the we will all witness the greatest comeback in WCF History.

Game 5 is in the bag. You think that Stern won't hand them a game after that call? Javie will ref it, and the Spurs will win a tough one in LA.

Manu ain't going down like a chump. Never has a team down 3-1 been so ready to win the series.

td4mvp21
05-27-2008, 11:51 PM
Ginobili isn't injured, according to Ginobili himself. Obviously he's just sucking. Wrong time to suck but whatever. I'd fucking buy 5 dvds and every goddamn Spurs thing available if we somehow made it past this.

td4mvp21
05-27-2008, 11:52 PM
By the way,

:flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

TDfan2007
05-27-2008, 11:53 PM
The Spurs have had to deal with an inconsistent Manu before (see 2006 series against Dallas).

We ALMOST came back from a 1-3 series deficit against a Dallas team that was much better than these Lakers so I'm pretty sure that if our guys get a 2nd wind then we have a chance at making a full comeback this time. However, the lack of energy in the 1st half tonight in a Home game that was basically must-win was a very scary sight to see. Tim and Tony are basically going to have to carry us for the rest of this series because nobody else has shown up on a consistent basis.

It's a longshot, especially with how inconsistent Tim's offense has been lately, but hopefully we can pull it out. Watching tonight's game ALMOST sucked my basketball heart out, but I still believe.

T Park
05-27-2008, 11:53 PM

This is Spurstalk, where the we will all witness the greatest comeback in WCF History.

Game 5 is in the bag. You think that Stern won't hand them a game after that call? Javie will ref it, and the Spurs will win a tough one in LA.

Manu ain't going down like a chump. Never has a team down 3-1 been so ready to win the series.

Yeah, I remember looking at the schedule thinking "Game 7 on June 2nd? That will be interesting. Yes I agree, Javie refs game 5, Dan Crawford in game 6, and its Bavetta,and whoever else in game 7.

Keep it up Manny :tu

pooh
05-27-2008, 11:54 PM
play *Taps*

T Park
05-27-2008, 11:55 PM
I have no life while waiting for the lottery

td4mvp21
05-27-2008, 11:57 PM
pooh should go jack off to an '04 Pacers game. Except any game from the ECF's.

rayray2k8
Fuck it, count me in.
Lets go guys!!

MannyIsGod
play *Taps*

Exactly my point. The Lakers are dead. Maybe Taps is just what they need to get the memo.

Regardless, the Spurs will deliver the message soon enough.

Budkin
05-28-2008, 12:06 AM
play *Taps*

Only for the Pacers pathetic franchise...

gameFACE
If the Spurs pull this off they would kill whoever they play in the Finals.

Budkin
Manny you fucking rule. You've actually got me in a good mood now after a shitty fucking loss. Man I love SpursTalk!

pooh
05-28-2008, 12:13 AM
*toast*

T Park
05-28-2008, 12:14 AM
*toast*

No thanks, I'll take an english muffin.

But keep trolling, you'r reaching new depths of shittyness.

Slydragon
05-28-2008, 12:24 AM
MannyIsGod is one of Mouse's top 5 :rollin

Slomo
05-28-2008, 12:27 AM
MannyIsGod is one of Mouse's top 5 :rollin

Well I'm pretty sure I saw Manny and Mouse in the same room at the same time once. I think...

:tu @ Manny. CIA Spurs all the way!

crc21209
05-28-2008, 12:37 AM
I Believe.

beachwood
05-28-2008, 01:05 AM
Manny you fucking rule. You've actually got me in a good mood now after a shitty fucking loss. Man I love SpursTalk!

I agree. I wanted to crawl under a rock and drink myself into oblivion when the game ended the way it did. Horrible night all around, but I want to believe so bad. Manu simply can't go out like this. He's too good. Our team is too good.

Fight damnit, fight.

:flag:

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-28-2008, 01:09 AM
This is where we weed out the fairweather bandwagon fans.

polandprzem
05-28-2008, 01:13 AM
deja vu with those timvp threads

I don't knowq which one is after game 2 and which after game 4 :dizzy

neboat
05-28-2008, 01:17 AM
We are going to come back and win this. So many great thing has happened for us in the playoffs: improbable game 1 win against Suns, winning game 7 against the tough Hornets. It's time for us to make the greatest come back ever :flag:

Strike
05-28-2008, 01:21 AM
As down as I feel right now, I still feel like the Spurs can bring about a monster comeback. I've said my piece about the Barry no-call, and I've said my piece about game 1. To this point, the Spurs haven't done enough to win the series.

However, with some better play and a little luck, the Spurs could be celebrating at the end of game 7 and moving on to the finals.

I still believe.

odogg726
05-28-2008, 01:21 AM
Wow, this is the type of cult mentality that results in hundreds of "followers" drinking rat poison to "get one step closer to bliss". And you guys operate in everyday society? That's fuckin' scary.

whottt
05-28-2008, 01:31 AM
I'm pussing out 100% and giving up. It's too much like work. Honestly, I'm tired just from watching the Spurs. It actually hurts to watch Manu play. I know these mofos are worn down because I am worn down just from watching them. Call it a year and don't get injurd trying to win games that will be rendered meaningless.

Even if we get past the Lakers...we aren't winning the finals after this meatgrinder.

Brutal post season...and we go the most brutal part of it...the Hornets series took much out of us, and then the scheduling offered no reprieve, and Phil has got the Lakers playing great D on younger legs, plus Pop fucked us in the first game. And Joey put the final dagger in.

All in all...it's been a good run.

I can't be mad at this team and I no longer crave NBA titles as I once did because the Spurs have given us so many. I really and truly don't give a shit about repeating except to shut up all the asshats that say you have to do it...these guys are just losers that don't know shit.

The hunger just isn't there anymore.

Let Parker and Manu play their National TEam this summer...tank like a mofo during the regular season developing Splitter and Ian...get a nice young 2.

And then the next offseason sign all the Laker FA shooters that Phil is turning into clutch shooters...he's real good at doing that.

Make one more run with Duncan.

Sometimes you just gotta call it a loss and cash in you chips...if it aint your year it aint your year.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-28-2008, 01:36 AM
We should make a count of the people dropping like flies.

I can sympathize with them though...this 2008 season has been drainningg...

but I love this team too much.

2centsworth
05-28-2008, 01:37 AM
I'm pussing out 100% and giving up. It's too much like work. Honestly, I'm tired just from watching the Spurs. It actually hurts to watch Manu play. I know these mofos are worn down because I am worn down just from watching them. Call it a year and don't get injurd trying to win games that will be rendered meaningless.

Even if we get past the Lakers...we aren't winning the finals after this meatgrinder.

Brutal post season...and we go the most brutal part of it...the Hornets series took much out of us, and then the scheduling offered no reprieve, and Phil has got the Lakers playing great D on younger legs, plus Pop fucked us in the first game. And Joey put the final dagger in.

I can't be mad at this team and I no longer crave NBA titles as I once did because the Spurs have given us so many. I really and truly don't give a shit about repeating except to shut up all the asshats that say you have to do it...these guys are just losers that don't know shit.

Let Parker and Manu play their National TEam this summer...tank like a mofo during the regular season developing Splitter and Ian...get a nice young 2.

And then the next offseason sign all the Laker FA shooters that Phil is turning into clutch shooters...he's real good at doing that.

Sometimes you just gotta call it a loss and cash in you chips...if it aint your year it aint your year.

it's really just one game at a time. If there's one team the spurs can comeback on it's this Laker team. We're going to need Timvp to be right though.

jman3000
05-28-2008, 01:37 AM
believe

whottt
05-28-2008, 01:40 AM
dont know what to say after that ^^^^

It is what it is...I'm not really in the mood to get pissed off about it. Yes it sucks but really...they're just worn out. You can see it written all over their faces...

And I do think they played their asses off tonight, they had a shot at winning that f'n game and it took the most blatantly blown call in NBA history to deny them, but it's obvious they are f'n hurting. My life will not improve one iota if they win...and I already know what it feels like to see your team win a championship.

If you get all emotional about it then you are just going to blast htem if they lose...when really, you'd just be whipping the horse that has dropped right before the finish line.

The Spurs deserve better than that.

There's nothing wrong with their heart.
There's nothing wrong with their desire to win.
They're just out of gas.

aka_USAPA
05-28-2008, 01:44 AM
Regardless, the Spurs will deliver the message soon enough.

The Spurs have delivered the message. 4 championships in 9 years. That's a lot of message to me. With that said, the Spurs are yesterday's news. They simply got old. It happens to the best of us.

Don Quixote
05-28-2008, 01:47 AM
It was a nice run.

They'll jettison the old guys and start fresh with a new lineup next year!

stealth21
05-28-2008, 02:13 AM

Wow, I like this confidence. Count me in! I believe!

MannyIsGod
05-28-2008, 02:13 AM

lol you can mail it in if you want, but game five is still gaurnteed. These games are exhausting to watch, but I'm sorry cause you've got a bunch more that are going to exhaust you.

Unless you don't watch. I'd understand if you didn't, the series is already over anyway.

Spurs in 7

samikeyp
05-28-2008, 02:14 AM
Joey Crawford is a bitch and we all know it. But truth be told, Fish's shot hit the rim and the Spurs got a bad call in their favor at that point and just weren't able to make it happen.

Titles aren't easy to win. But they've probably never been as hard as this one. Thats only going to serve to make this one the sweetest of them all.

“When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before.” — Jacob Riis

Hell yea. :toast

SPARKY
05-28-2008, 02:21 AM
whottt's packing it in already? No surprise.

mikekim
05-28-2008, 02:21 AM
Oh man...I wish I could gather all the people in this thread together and watch the games with you guys.

I too have a weirdly calm and confident perspective on this series. Thanks for this Manny.

whottt
05-28-2008, 02:29 AM
lol you can mail it in if you want, but game five is still gaurnteed. These games are exhausting to watch, but I'm sorry cause you've got a bunch more that are going to exhaust you.

Unless you don't watch. I'd understand if you didn't, the series is already over anyway.

Spurs in 7

Of course I'll watch...you don't understand, it's not that I lack faith in the Spurs. I just know they aren't going to get any younger, and Manu's ankle isn't likely to improve, barring a miracle.

It's not about quitting on my team...it's about the simple laws of nature in the NBA...that teams start to break down after so many deep playoff runs. Even Jordan had to take 2 years off.

The Spurs have been second round or better for 8 or 9 years or something like that...

FWIW Manny...I hope you're right. But if you arne't...if they don't win the title this year, it's not going to bother me, it's not going to bother me much at all. I'll still be proud of this team and the 4 NBA titles they won are the high point of my life as a Sportsfan. I'm not saying there won't be more...but I just don't see this team having the gas to pull out a championship this season, even if they do get past the Lakers.

Manu's hurting pretty badly, in case no one is watching.

whottt
05-28-2008, 02:35 AM
whottt's packing it in already? No surprise.

:yawn

If they win great, if they don't...it's not that big of a deal. They've won 4...only 3 other teams have more.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-28-2008, 02:38 AM
What makes me want the Spurs to win it this year is the fact that our three guys are all in their prime right now. I don't know if Manu will have another explosive year in him...

Kinda sucks that he may go the way of Nash already...Not to mention key guys like Barry, Horry, have a chance for a last hurrah this season, and our opportunity for that resides in game 5.

Aghh. I knew Pop getting Damon was bad luck, just like Pop thinking Nick Van Exel would help us out.
I was hoping Damon would be overlooked just like Jason Williams and Antoine Walker were by the Basketball gods...:bang: :bang:

whottt
05-28-2008, 02:42 AM
I have to say you guys are a bunch of pussies and this isn't much of a rally thread...ya'll should have told me to get the fuck out of hte thread after my first post. Where is the fire? And you expect the Spurs to have some left?

Disappointed in you guys for not running me the fuck from this thread...now I really do give up :td

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-28-2008, 02:44 AM
I have to say you guys are a bunch of pussies and this isn't much of a rally thread...ya'll should have told me to get the fuck out of hte thread after my first post. Where is the fire? And you expect the Spurs to have some left?

Disappointed in you guys for not running me the fuck from this thread...now I really do give up :td

:lol

Brutalis
05-28-2008, 02:59 AM
I really respect a lot of you fellow Spurs fans who are calling us in 7, and make these threads. Takes a lot of balls.

Lakers14Titles
05-28-2008, 03:01 AM
I really respect a lot of you fellow Spurs fans who are calling us in 7, and make these threads. Takes a lot of balls.

Why? What will happen if they're wrong? LOL! Nothing. People can say anything they want.

whottt
05-28-2008, 03:02 AM

It really doesn't...it requires sitting on your ass and typing, just like quitting does. Real men would be willing to take the heat that comes with giving up...it's much more difficult than not quitting...if you don't quit you've got nothing to lose, even if you don't win you can proudly say you didn't give up...but if you quit, you are fucked because even if your team wins you'll never hear the end of it. And if they lose you'll still be labeled a quitter.

No, it definitely takes much more balls to quit.

Tyler_Durden
05-28-2008, 03:02 AM
The Spurs are going to win the whole fuckin thing.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-28-2008, 03:03 AM

Being down 1-3 is better than being down 0-3.

BigZak
05-28-2008, 04:21 AM
seems these games are a coinflip...Spurs just have to get heads 3 times in a row...

WitOwhenTgermansBpearlH? HELL NO!

alamo50
05-28-2008, 04:50 AM
BTW, when Manny guarantees something it 99% of the time comes true.

Remember that.

Yeah, but with the amount of posts he got I am affraid this one goes to the 1%...........

themvp
05-28-2008, 05:05 AM
Only 1 day of rest again? :madrun

hsxvvd
05-28-2008, 05:07 AM
Cheer Up.. Next year is an odd year.

milkyway21
05-28-2008, 06:10 AM
:lol @ the meltdown.

what's happening Spurstalk?

Hello San Antonio!

IT IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD YET.

WHAT IF WE WILL EMBARRASS THIS LAKERS IN GAME 5?

HOW 'BOUT THAT?

I know THEY ARE NOW PREPARING FOR A PRESS CONFERENCE AFTER THE GAME :lol ...

but how about inviting them again to come back to AT&T?
take a breath of fresh air near the riverbank(as if I've been there:D)

Let's bring this series to 6 or 7.

:hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

THIS IS NOT THE 2001, 2002 TEAM...We are down 3-1 won't matter.

We can fight back.

I KNOW THE SPURS CAN DO IT.

Let's GO :flag: CRASH the celebration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jochhejaam
05-28-2008, 06:11 AM
I remember T-Mac, and the Magic being up 3-1 on the Pistons in the first round several years ago, he was talking in terms of round 2, and what happened?; Pistons came back and won the series.
There in no team in the league more capable of coming back from a 1-3 deficit than the Spurs.

When the going get tough, the tough get going!

milkyway21
05-28-2008, 06:16 AM
I remember T-Mac, and the Magic being up 3-1 on the Pistons in the first round several years ago, he was talking in terms of round 2, and what happened?; Pistons came back and won the series.
There in no team in the league more capable of coming back from a 1-3 deficit than the Spurs.

When the going get tough, the tough get going!

yeah!

and what gives me confidence is Tim Duncan is HEALTHY, people!!

Tony Parker is healthy too. And Manu is NOT down.

Brings back memories of the 2005 playoffs, TD was not 100%, but we made it.

Peja
05-28-2008, 07:10 AM

http://www.frontiernet.net/~rainh2o/bad%20threads/Gay%20Thread%20congrats.jpg

florige
05-28-2008, 07:13 AM

Spurs in 7.

I agree 100%. Say whatever you want, I had a really gut feeling that they were gonna steal one in SA. I had a feeling that it was going to be game 4 too. But I def think that we can still win this f'ing series without a doubt. I guarantee a game 5 win too!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-28-2008, 07:16 AM
http://www.frontiernet.net/~rainh2o/bad%20threads/Gay%20Thread%20congrats.jpg
Gary Coleman? Nightrider? and the Hoff?

That's not gay, that's awesome.

GrandeDavid
05-28-2008, 07:21 AM

:lol I was thinking the same thing. :lol

Nbadan
05-28-2008, 07:22 AM
It's not like the Lakers are miles ahead of this Spur team, but the Spurs need to make their outside shots to have a chance of winning in Lakerland....possible? Anything is possible when the Spurs O is clicking...

Ginofan
05-28-2008, 07:26 AM
There is always a chance. Believe!

Bruno
05-28-2008, 07:31 AM
We can make all the "time to make history", "1.", "Believe", ' NO LIMIT ARMY COMMANDER" or "heart of a champion" thread of the world but it won't change what Spurs have to do to win this series.

Spurs will have to win 3 times in a row including 2 times in LA.
Teams up 3-1 with HCA win the series 98.3% of the times.

Spurs' player will try for sure to win it and will give 100% of what they have but we shouldn't been blind about facts : baring a miracle Spurs will lose the WCF.

GrandeDavid
05-28-2008, 07:33 AM

Spurs in 7.

Manny, your optimism is freakin' contagious! Suddenly I can see it happening.

urunobili
05-28-2008, 07:46 AM

:toast

1Parker1
05-28-2008, 08:09 AM
Maybe pure emotion can help them win Game 5. But your insane if you think the Spurs can win 3 straight against Kobe and Phil. Esp without HCA. In a 7 game series, the best team always wins, calls or no calls, conspiracy or no conspiracy. Spurs can't win with just 5 players contributing to the game (Parker, Duncan, Ginobili, Barry, and Bowen). At this point in the playoffs, it always comes down to the "x factor" or role player stepping up. Last season at this point, it was Oberto for us against the Jazz. This season, you're not going to win many games when you can't get anything out of your top 4-5 role players; Udoka, Finley, Horry, Vaughn, Oberto. Spurs have way too much pressure on Parker, Duncan, GInobili, and Bowen to produce every night. It takes a toll on them.

I have no doubt the Spurs are going to give it their all. But they missed a golden opportunity to tie up the series last night with several missed rebounds and missed 3 pointers.

In the end, all you can hope for is that your team plays it's heart out. In sports though, heart doesn't always carry you through. You also need the physical and mental toughness to break through and after 2 grueling rounds, I don't think the Spurs have much of either.

It was an exciting playoff run to say the least though. Hopefully the Spurs go down fighting tommorow night. :tu

DarrinS
05-28-2008, 08:15 AM
Give 'em Hell on Thursday, Spurs.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-28-2008, 08:16 AM
How many teams have come back from 1-3 besides the aforementioned Suns?

DarrinS
05-28-2008, 08:28 AM
I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but there are perverbial chinks in the Lakers' armor.

From time to time, you'll see bickering between Kobe and his teammates. You'll see weird exchanges between Gasol and Odom. Kobe has no reservations about going off on one of his fellow Lakers and even calling them out in the media.

Anyone remember Kobe saying "I guess 'the Machine' needs new batteries?
52cCXFT_Hvs

Anyone remember seeing Kobe elbow Sasha on the bench?
gUUah2xtLqY

Despite Kobe's obvious talent, he's not the greatest teammate.

GrandeDavid
05-28-2008, 08:34 AM

Whottt, get the fuck outta here...kidding! :lol

GrandeDavid
05-28-2008, 08:37 AM
It really doesn't...it requires sitting on your ass and typing, just like quitting does. Real men would be willing to take the heat that comes with giving up...it's much more difficult than not quitting...if you don't quit you've got nothing to lose, even if you don't win you can proudly say you didn't give up...but if you quit, you are fucked because even if your team wins you'll never hear the end of it. And if they lose you'll still be labeled a quitter.

No, it definitely takes much more balls to quit.

:lmao

Whottt, you have jettisoned to near the top of the totem pole in most entertaining contributor here. :lol :lol

Btw, there's much truth in what you say, actually. Fuck, I have to laugh again: :lol :lol

texbound
05-28-2008, 08:49 AM
How many teams have come back from 1-3 besides the aforementioned Suns?

The Houston Rockets were down 3-1 to the Suns in 1995 and came back to win that series (won gm 5 and gm 7 in Phoenix). That was infamous Mario Elie "Kiss of Death" 3-pt shot. The Rockets went on to defeat the Spurs in the WCF and then win the NBA Championhip that year. It has been done before.

Spurminator
05-28-2008, 08:51 AM
This one hurts. Man, it hurts.

I remember in 2006 I felt pretty good about our chances of coming back from down 3-1 to the Mavs. We weren't playing our best ball and there were weaknesses that we were failing to exploit. The Spurs came out and won the next two and took Game 7 to overtime.

I don't feel quite as good about our chances this series (because of the Kobe factor) but it's still far from hopeless. We're a few shots from being up 3-1 in this series, and it's not unreasonable to hope for three straight wins if we can play above average basketball consistently.

Win Game 5 and you come back home. And I really like our chances then.

GrandeDavid
05-29-2008, 09:48 AM
Let's stop creating new threads for every stupid, copycat, repetitive thought that enters our minds, begging for attention. Instead, let's focus on original threads leading up to tonight's tip. I had to go back like 8 pages to find this thread!

It is time to make history!

GrandeDavid
05-29-2008, 10:46 AM
All these not so sharp Laker honks keep posting out of hand, waste of space threads. Let's keep the good ones up top.

Spurminator
05-29-2008, 11:53 AM
Good call GD

pooh
05-29-2008, 11:01 PM

*BUZZ* WRONG. Sorry - it was just too easy.

ChumpDumper
05-29-2008, 11:02 PM
Go Pacers!

Sorry - it was just too easy.

pooh
05-29-2008, 11:04 PM