PDA

View Full Version : Didn't Pelosi tell everyone in '06 she'd do away with pork

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-27-2008, 11:44 PM
$170 million dollar hookup as part of the Farm Bill to some special interests in her home state, slipped in after the bill had passed committee in both the Senate and HoR....

http://www.townhall.com/Columnists/JohnBoehner/2008/05/12/farm_bill_yet_another_example_of_democrats_broken_ promises_on_earmark_reform

Great leadership :tu

Wild Cobra
05-27-2008, 11:55 PM
I hope nobody expects a demonrat to keep their campaign promises. That would be a sign of ignorance.

Have they kept any yet?

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-28-2008, 12:00 AM
Clearly this is all Bush's fault.

There, Dan and boutons don't even have to post in this thread.

clambake
05-28-2008, 12:10 AM
the president isn't responsible for anything.

there, you can all go to bed.

boutons_
05-28-2008, 01:18 AM
The dumbfuck Aggie believed her! :lol

There is no way to eliminate pork. It's the skeleton of the body politic in DC and throughout the country.

johnsmith
05-28-2008, 06:33 AM

There is no way to eliminate pork. It's the skeleton of the body politic in DC and throughout the country.

:rolleyes

SAGambler
05-28-2008, 09:04 AM
Pork is the means by which these asshats keep their seats, and their power.

Anyone that thinks they will ever give it up is living in a dream world. Ain't gonna happen. And damn sure ain't gonna happen with Democrats running the show.

boutons_
05-28-2008, 09:18 AM
dickless Aggie calling out a politician for an obvious, blatant lie, where no one died.

but, Aggie gives dubya a pass on all dubya's Iraq lies with 100s of 1000s have died, dubya's lying now confirmed by porker McClellan, long-time dubya TX and DC sycophant.

Anti.Hero
05-28-2008, 10:09 AM
Bush sucks. We get it. Let's talk about Pelosi.

Is there a Godwin's law for Bush yet?

RandomGuy
05-28-2008, 11:44 AM
As a Democrat and fiscal conservative, this shit pisses me off to no end.

BUT

If the Dems don't act to staunch the tide, I will be among the first to start making noises from the inside, and make the case for doing what the GOP didn't have the guts to do.

Give it another few years, and if the Dems in congress go back on this promise much more, we deserve to lose elections, just like the Republicans deserve to lose elections now.

boutons_
05-28-2008, 12:19 PM
pork is not the priority.
pork is not solvable, anyway.
Even tagging the pork with the porker's names, pork was earlier anonymous, didn't slow it down.

The priority is Iraq, Iraq, Iraq, Iraq, Iraq, ... etc.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-28-2008, 12:20 PM

I didn't believe her, she's a politician. I knew she'd lie, sadly a bunch of idiots in this country like yourself voted for her and other Democraps believing they would if only they could be in power...

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-28-2008, 12:22 PM
dickless Aggie calling out a politician for an obvious, blatant lie, where no one died.

but, Aggie gives dubya a pass on all dubya's Iraq lies with 100s of 1000s have died, dubya's lying now confirmed by porker McClellan, long-time dubya TX and DC sycophant.

I haven't been giving Bush a pass on Iraq, you're just too busy with your copy and paste bullshit to notice.

And it's not like you don't already have 492,000 Bush sucks threads on this board. Quit trying to change the subject, this thread is about Pelosi being a two faced lying bitch that's the ugly face of her party.

boutons_
05-28-2008, 12:24 PM
The subject is lying, no change in subject.

Trash talking a politician about lying? typical weak Aggie shit.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-28-2008, 12:26 PM
There is no way to eliminate pork.

Straight from the article...

Since we began this effort, a growing number of my GOP colleagues have sworn off earmarks. Some Democrats have broken ranks with Speaker Pelosi on the issue as well. One of the Democrats’ most partisan chairmen, Henry Waxman of the Government Reform and Oversight Committee, admitted he agreed with Republican concerns about earmarks and announced a personal earmark moratorium. Two more senior Democrats, Reps. Ron Kind and Jim Cooper, have done the same.

So there are some that recognize and want to address the problem, it's just the Democraptic majority don't want to deal with it.

And yes, I realize the Republicans had a chance a few years back as well and did nothing, that doesn't make it right for them either.

But the fact is, you now have a subset of folks in D.C. who are trying to do something about it and getting blocked by Pelosi and her merry band of misfits. Further, you've got Pelosi going back on one of her campaign pledges from the 2006 elections.

Hypocritical, to say the least (and the same goes for those on this thread who call out Republicans and Bush incessantly about hooking up their donors with shit, but now are explaining away Pelosi's hypocrisy as 'pork being necessary and a staple of D.C.'

RandomGuy
05-28-2008, 12:26 PM
this thread is about Pelosi being a two faced lying bitch that's the ugly face of her party.

Indeed.

She could still run the country better than Bush has, whatever her faults. :p:

Remember, she is two heartbeats away from the job, and one of those has a pacemaker...

It would be a delicious irony if the universe handed such a fate to Bush and Cheney before the clock runs out on their failed administration, president Pelosi steps up, and I would get to say the same thing that has been shoved in my face for years:

"You have to support your president even if you don't like him."

ClingingMars
05-28-2008, 07:25 PM
line item veto!

- Mars

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-28-2008, 10:58 PM
The subject is lying, no change in subject.

Trash talking a politician about lying? typical weak Aggie shit.

No, I started this thread about Pelosi being a liar. Go post in one of your other 432 Bush lied threads if you want to talk shit about W.

This is about the hypocrisy of the leadership of your party.

RandomGuy
05-29-2008, 08:47 AM
No, I started this thread about Pelosi being a liar. Go post in one of your other 432 Bush lied threads if you want to talk shit about W.

This is about the hypocrisy of the leadership of your party.

Does this mean I can start threads about Hastert and/or Gingrich too?

(claps hands and jumps up and down giddily)

Oooh that would be SUCH fun...

:rolleyes

This thread is much like a circle.

(it has no point)

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-29-2008, 12:35 PM
(it has no point)

I knew you'd make an appearance on this one. This thread is a microcosm of what's wrong with the Democratic party. You all trash Republicans for something, tell everyone who will listen if we just vote the Demos in power shit will change, and then when people do, it doesn't.

And you guys have no problems posting threads on this forum bashing Republicans for hooking up their special interests on this stuff, but then try and downplay a thread where the leader of the Demos in Congress has just been exposed for the same bullshit.

Hypocrites.

RandomGuy
05-29-2008, 01:05 PM
I knew you'd make an appearance on this one. This thread is a microcosm of what's wrong with the Democratic party. You all trash Republicans for something, tell everyone who will listen if we just vote the Demos in power shit will change, and then when people do, it doesn't.

And you guys have no problems posting threads on this forum bashing Republicans for hooking up their special interests on this stuff, but then try and downplay a thread where the leader of the Demos in Congress has just been exposed for the same bullshit.

Hypocrites.

See, it would have a point if you were as mad at the Republicans for doing the exact same shit.

I am all about negative feedback. The Republicans in congress dropped the ball, and they are fucking fired.

Give it back to the Dems, and if we drop the ball, we deserve to be fired.

Sooner or later, one of the two parties will get the message.

We both want the same thing, so I will make you a deal.

You work from inside the GOP, and I will work from inside the Dems.

First party to fucking do something gets to keep Congress for the next decade or so.

xrayzebra
05-29-2008, 02:42 PM
Hey I like the looks of Ms. America. Botox does wonders for that
lady. Not everyone can have a smile like her and other attributes
which I wont dwell on. I wished I looked as good as her. She
reminds me of a woman in search of a cause. And one who thinks it
is quite alright to get yours before someone else get theirs. And
with five kids she has kept that figure really well. I'll bet she likes
gin and tonic even tho she has all those grape vineyards.