PDA

View Full Version : Game 4 Thoughts - The Laker Side

2Cleva
05-27-2008, 11:54 PM
- Was Barry fouled? Yes. Would refs normally call a foul in that situation? No. Should Barry had jumped into Fisher to get the call instead of trying to dribble around it - yes? Did it decide the game? No.

- Fish's shot did hit the rim. The bounce tells the story. The ball drops straight down after the miss, instead of the original trajectory of the shot if it was an airball.

- Odom did get Parker's shot clean on the block. But it was so close the refs missed it.

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/1325/picture5uf3.png

- Does any of this decide the game? No. Spurs had many of gifts. No FTs for Kobe yet Spurs getting 26 attempts? Odom getting cheap fouls and most of LA in foul trouble? Refs didn't cause the game at all. It was LA's depth over the Spurs old legs unable to hit the big shot or get the big rebound.

- None of that shit even matters though. 3-1. There is nothing else.

- Ginobili is spent. He's got nothing left in the tank.

- Biggest shot was Sasha's 4 point play to end the 3rd. Gave the Spurs a big hurdle into the 4th and allowed Phil to give Kobe and I think Gasol a rest.

Now we are 2 days from the end of the Spurs era.

orcfenix
05-27-2008, 11:56 PM
hit it right on the spot. yes it was a no-call but you cant overlook how badly the lakers were getting ripped off too.

SPARKY
05-27-2008, 11:57 PM
Ball hit the backboard before the block.

On to Game 5.

Mr.Franchize
05-27-2008, 11:58 PM
refs kept the spurs in the game for 3 quaters

Cant_Be_Faded
05-27-2008, 11:58 PM
kobe didn't get any calls because he spent most of his time jacking up jump shots.

Lakers_55
05-27-2008, 11:59 PM
I agree with your post. Seems the Spurs organization has let go of the last play. This series isn't over. I remember 1983, we had a 3-1 lead on SA and lost game 5 at home (game 2 also). But we won every game at the Hemisphere Arena to close it out in 6. My original prediction was Lakers in 6. I'll stick with that, and be happy of we win in 5 or 7. Just need more heart medicine!

Medvedenko
05-28-2008, 12:01 AM
2cleva....I see that you posted in the "1" thread...see you in 24 hours. :)

turiaf for president
lakers will close it out in game 5.

my game 4 thoughts, i thought before the game, manu had a career game in game 3 and said i didnt see him repeating that performance tonite. also said key to the game was fisher and odom and both had good games.

game 5, the lakers bench will come through. the bench always plays better at home

jackseven
I would say the Lakers should be concerned with their 4th quarter offensive collapse that allowed the Spurs to hang around, but this is the championship round. After WCF, it's downhill.

DD
05-28-2008, 12:03 AM
Ball hit the backboard before the block.

On to Game 5.

look at the picture genius. Is it stubbornness or flat-out stupidity with some of u guys?

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-28-2008, 12:04 AM
Backboard <> rim.

Or a shot clock reset.

SPARKY
05-28-2008, 12:10 AM
look at the picture genius. Is it stubbornness or flat-out stupidity with some of u guys?

Fuck you genius I saw the video not the frame after it hit the backboard.

Borosai
05-28-2008, 12:13 AM
I can't disagree with anything (I haven't watch the replays of the block or the rim graze, but I'll take your word for it--don't know why), but that last line is very ignorant. The Spurs era hasn't ended in 10 years, and it won't for a few more. The Spurs will reload with youth and challenge for the championship every year until Duncan retires. They might still win it again this year, or maybe next year, but they will be contenders for a while.

P.S. Enjoy your 24 hours in the corner, naughty boy.

DarrinS
05-28-2008, 12:13 AM
Barry was fouled, but good non-call.

Fishers shot did NOT hit the rim. I have a 60 inch plasma and have slow-mo'ed that SOB to death and have still not seen any change of trajectory.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-28-2008, 12:14 AM
Odom showed up

props to him :tu

NOw LET'S HOPE HE NEVER DOES IT AGAIN

DD
05-28-2008, 12:15 AM
Barry was fouled, but good non-call.

Fishers shot did NOT hit the rim. I have a 60 inch plasma and have slow-mo'ed that SOB to death and have still not seen any change of trajectory.

well then i guess the laws of physics cease to exist in san antonio!

Ghazi
05-28-2008, 12:18 AM
you know what's weird when i watch the lakers i get a feeling that its kobe and a bunch of role players. odom/gasol put up starlike numbers, but seem closer to role players than stars in this league. its very weird that a team with 1 star (JMO, not tring to bash lakers) is having this kind of success. they are clicking on multiple cylinders though, with great passing and production from 7-8 players a night.

Medvedenko
05-28-2008, 12:25 AM
They have a one all-star team.

Ghazi
05-28-2008, 12:28 AM
but Parker and GInobili are flat out stars in this league. Gasol and Odom, not so much.

the Spurs have a better trio I'd say, Lakers have advantage at #1, and #4-#8 though.

Trainwreck2100
05-28-2008, 12:31 AM
2cleva....I see that you posted in the "1" thread...see you in 24 hours. :)

Hopefully he doesn't come back all emo like you did

TDMVPDPOY
05-28-2008, 12:32 AM
that call shouldve been called on the last play

in 06 game 2 against the mavs, they called alot of those calls on last plays, and went with the win...fukn

zepn
05-28-2008, 12:37 AM
- Was Barry fouled? Yes. Would refs normally call a foul in that situation? No. Should Barry had jumped into Fisher to get the call instead of trying to dribble around it - yes? Did it decide the game? No.

Kobe would get that call at Staples and you know it.

The non-call absolutely decided the game in the Lakers favor. We can't know if Barry would have hit his free throws (but he is pretty darn good at them...) so we can't say the Spurs would have won if it had been called correctly.

akula488
05-28-2008, 12:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwO7m-1T9DE

Lebron says hi

DD
05-28-2008, 12:42 AM
Kobe would get that call at Staples and you know it.

The non-call absolutely decided the game in the Lakers favor. We can't know if Barry would have hit his free throws (but he is pretty darn good at them...) so we can't say the Spurs would have won if it had been called correctly.

again, we got screwed on the fisher shot and the parker goaltend...it all evened out. GET OVER IT

ballhog
05-28-2008, 12:43 AM
refs kept the spurs in the game for 3 quaters

How? By fouling?