PDA

View Full Version : How the Spurs can win game 5

Dim Tuncan
05-28-2008, 01:25 AM
Trainwreck needs to put all of his vBookie points on game 5.

The Lakers'll be dooooooomed!!!!!!!!

ace3g
05-28-2008, 01:31 AM
I'm watchfully confident that the Spurs can come back from 1-3 to force a game 7, they did it against a tough Mavs team in '06

First I'm watchfully confident because just like against the New Orleans series, after Pop made the adjustment to move Bowen over to guard Peja and let Paul and West beat us starting with Game 3: which it did work because we went on to win Games 3 and 4. Tonight like in game 5 where Bowen stopped Peja but West went off, the adjustment worked to give Barry the back up PG minutes because it worked in game 3 but we couldn't calculate for the Spurs giving up 22 2nd chance pts in the first half due to missed defensive rebounds: we get those rebounds we have a 5+ point lead going into the halftime, so I am labeling this game like Game 5 of the of the New Orleans series, the Spurs resulted in 2 victories after the game 5 loss , so the Spurs need no have to win the next 2 games to force a game 7 and I think they can just like in '06

For the Spurs to force a game 7 they have to:

1. Keep giving Barry the back up PG minutes
2. Manu has to avg 10 -15 PPG the rest of the series (not overly high expectations)
3. Need help from atleast one other shooter, either: Finley or Udoka
4. Parker and Duncan continue to play consistently like they have the whole series

Dim Tuncan
05-28-2008, 01:32 AM
Shit talking aside, if any team can do it it's the Spurs. THEY ARE COCKROACHES JK LOL. Game 5 will be great, I expect a new intensity from the Spurs now that their backs are against the wall. This team is too great too fold.

aka_USAPA
05-28-2008, 01:35 AM
First I'm watchfully confident because just like against the New Orleans series, after Pop made the adjustment to move Bowen over to guard Peja and let Paul and West beat us starting with Game 3: which it did work because we went on to win Games 3 and 4.

The NO comparison is not valid. First, CP3 is no Kobe Bryant. Second, Byron Scott is no Zenmaster. The Hornets didn't come back from 20 points down to win and wallop the Spurs with a 30-point beat down in Game 2. The Hornets didn't win Game 4 in San Antonio, they got spanked.

Trainwreck2100
Trainwreck needs to put all of his vBookie points on game 5.

The Lakers'll be dooooooomed!!!!!!!!

:rollin you're fucking losing it

Ghazi
The Spurs ned to pla near flawless basketball just to have a chance.

1. minimize if not eliminate offensive droughts that they've had all season
2. shoot around 40% from behind the arc.
3. the big 3 must have 3 straight flawless games, all 3 of them. must combine for atleast 65 points per game.
4. Keep Kobe off the foul line (Great job so far)
5. Hope some of the Lakers role players cool off. The points here and there that players like Radmanovic, Turiaf, WAlton,and Vujacic add can be the difference between a W/L. can be said that this was the case tonight.

BruceLeeBowen
If anyone can do it the spurs can, lakers better not get confident. It aint over till its over.

Al13
05-28-2008, 01:36 AM
they could win this game IF there was a break of a week in between but after this tough emotional loss, they have to travel to LA soon, no breaks for the old guys, duncan was so tired in the 4th quarter, parker as well, their shot barely hit the front rim, they will come to an energized arena with the lakers ready to close the door on them, i wouldn´t be surprised if this game is gonna be a blowout

Don Quixote
05-28-2008, 01:37 AM
No, it's over in 5. You all are crazy.

aka_USAPA
05-28-2008, 01:38 AM
Shit talking aside, if any team can do it it's the Spurs. THEY ARE COCKROACHES JK LOL. Game 5 will be great, I expect a new intensity from the Spurs now that their backs are against the wall. This team is too great too fold.

I expect the most intense game from the Spurs they can muster this season. The Lakers need to just roll with the punches, and absorb the initial energy of the Spurs. And when the right time comes, when the Spurs are breathing hard with their old legs, Kobe and the Lakers will pull away. I would like to see a blowout in Game 5. That way, there would be no question as to what the outcome will be.

With that said, the Spurs are like a wounded tiger... they get more vicious and more dangerous. I expect the Spurs to play their best game of the season but I also expect the Lakers to play the same.

DazedAndConfused
05-28-2008, 01:44 AM
I'm so glad Pop played all his starters huge minutes tonight. Fatigue is going to be a problem yet again for the Spurs.