PDA

View Full Version : Who is responsible for this?

SRJ
05-28-2008, 02:31 AM
The Spurs used to be exceptional on SLOB plays. But in these playoffs, I've seen them turn it over in the situations way too often.

What's changed? Discuss.

Lakers14Titles
05-28-2008, 02:33 AM
I don't know, maybe, just maybe the Lakers are the better team this year.

SouthernFried
05-28-2008, 02:34 AM
wtf is a slob play?

Something or other out of bounds?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-28-2008, 02:35 AM
That one guy that Pop hired...who was he? he joined the coaching staff..

we went on some losing streaks when he was with us, scouting guy.

samikeyp
05-28-2008, 02:38 AM
That one guy that Pop hired...who was he? he joined the coaching staff..

we went on some losing streaks when he was with us, scouting guy.

Kelvin Sampson?

whottt
05-28-2008, 02:40 AM
IT's like Barkley said...when you see a team that never makes mistakes, like the Spurs, start making an assload of mistakes, it's because of fatigue and being tired.

SRJ
05-28-2008, 02:45 AM
wtf is a slob play?

SideLine Out-of Bounds play. After a deflection out of bounds or a pre-penalty foul. The Spurs used to shine, almost always score in those situations. But against NO they turned it over 3-4 times AFAICR and another 3-4 times in this series.

whott's reference is likely the most accurate.

Lakers14Titles
05-28-2008, 02:45 AM
IT's like Barkley said...when you see a team that never makes mistakes, like the Spurs, start making an assload of mistakes, it's because of fatigue and being tired.

God forbid the other team actually is better.

You guys are unbelievable.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-28-2008, 02:46 AM
Kelvin Sampson?

yeah, that dude.

He's bad luck. :lol

SRJ
05-28-2008, 02:50 AM

Entirely missing the point forum.

Phil Hellmuth
05-28-2008, 02:53 AM

dumbass.

Lakers14Titles
05-28-2008, 02:53 AM
Entirely missing the point forum.

Entirely missing the point of your nonsensical word barf there too. Oh well.

Lakers14Titles
05-28-2008, 02:54 AM
dumbass.

Says a douchebag impersonating a fucking poker player. Geek. Go back to your Dungeons and Dragons little boy, the grown ups are talking.

whottt
05-28-2008, 02:55 AM
wtf is a slob play?

Something or other out of bounds?

It's what Lakers14titles's mother will do to you for an extra 25 cents.

SRJ
05-28-2008, 02:56 AM
Entirely missing the point of your nonsensical word barf there too.

Wow, big surprise.

Lakers14Titles
05-28-2008, 02:57 AM
Wow, big surprise.

Dumbshit says what?

Lakers14Titles
05-28-2008, 02:58 AM

She charges $.50 dumbass. Unfortunately she told me you couldn't afford it. Get off the welfare.

pad300
05-28-2008, 11:12 AM
Says a douchebag impersonating a fucking poker player. Geek. Go back to your Dungeons and Dragons little boy, the grown ups are talking.

You should shut up too at that point...

brettn
05-28-2008, 11:18 AM
She charges $.50 dumbass. Unfortunately she told me you couldn't afford it. Get off the welfare.

Laker fan talking about welfare? :lol

Solid D
05-28-2008, 11:29 AM
The final Sideline Out-of-Bounds play for the Spurs was pathetic. First of all, forget the fact that Manu was covered after he tried to move out of his initial screen for Barry. That's not what was whack on that play.

Mike Finley was over near halfcourt basically telling D-Fish he wasn't in the play, so go over there and cover Brent. By the time Mike drifted over to within 4 feet of the arc on the right wing, Barry had already been fouled and was trying to shove-up a three with 1 second remaining. Nice involvement Mike. Was the popcorn good? Next.

Avitus1
05-28-2008, 11:31 AM
The answer lies within the shitty season the Spurs had. Sure they won a decent amount of games but anyone who watched the Spurs this season saw them lose games to teams they had no business to lose too. So many other things can be said about the Spurs but like I said all the answers are within this season.

ducks
05-28-2008, 11:52 AM
stern and his stupid confernece finals schedule
THIS ISSUE NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED IN OFFSEASON

Kriz-Maxima
05-28-2008, 11:58 AM
Everybody?

1Parker1
05-29-2008, 02:19 PM
The final Sideline Out-of-Bounds play for the Spurs was pathetic. First of all, forget the fact that Manu was covered after he tried to move out of his initial screen for Barry. That's not what was whack on that play.

Mike Finley was over near halfcourt basically telling D-Fish he wasn't in the play, so go over there and cover Brent. By the time Mike drifted over to within 4 feet of the arc on the right wing, Barry had already been fouled and was trying to shove-up a three with 1 second remaining. Nice involvement Mike. Was the popcorn good? Next.

Interesting, I hadn't noticed this, Im going to have to go back and rewatch the sequence. However, I am not at all surprised that Michael Finley messed up on that play....

Killakobe81
05-29-2008, 02:32 PM
Lately i think it's Manu's health and having to rely On Barry more who has played well but wasnt playing HUGE mins. so his timing is off ...

Solid D
05-29-2008, 02:36 PM
Interesting, I hadn't noticed this, Im going to have to go back and rewatch the sequence. However, I am not at all surprised that Michael Finley messed up on that play....

Well, I didn't see where anyone else mentioned so I thought I would. It certainly got me riled up as I watched it happen.

1Parker1
05-29-2008, 02:42 PM
Holy Smokes, You're right!!! Finley literally BACK PEDAL'S to halfcourt basically conceding the fact that he's not in the play and what allowed Fisher to get over there and divert the shot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWiw60NusOY

Los Spurs
05-29-2008, 02:44 PM

:wow

Spurminator
05-29-2008, 02:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWiw60NusOY

I don't know, that's so blatant it had to be by design.

1Parker1
05-29-2008, 02:49 PM
^It had to be by design??? So the Lakers can defend 5 on 4 on purpose?

Southwest Texas Fan
05-29-2008, 02:51 PM
Well the Spurs played very well in the beginning of the season but then injuries took a toll on the team’s health and it seemed like they never regained their chemistry. Another culprit is the fact that Robert Horry missed training camp and never had an opportunity to get into any rhythm. You also couple this with the teams age and Manu playing extended minutes, in the regular season and single-handedly winning games for us while Parker was out and the end result is a tired and inefficient team. One thing for sure is that Manu better not be at the Olympics this summer.

Spurminator
05-29-2008, 02:51 PM
I don't know the logic of it, but he was running backwards with a purpose, then runs back to his spot. I guess if he could have gotten a quick pass he would have had a wide open three but I don't know how that could have happened in 2 seconds. Still, it doesn't look like some kind of brain fart where he forgot where he was supposed to be.

Solid D
05-29-2008, 03:27 PM
What was so odd to me was watching Mike backpedal to half court with 2 seconds in the game. Mike's first step backwards was all Derek needed to make him look elsewhere. All Mike needed to do was a short V-cut or just move toward Fisher instead of backing up. That would make Fisher respect Fin as a three-point threat (which Fin is at that juncture, he had done it to the Lakers in the regular season).

LakersDynasty
05-29-2008, 03:28 PM
No surprises here. Just beating a team we're supposed to beat.

Solid D
05-29-2008, 03:43 PM
No surprises here. Just beating a team we're supposed to beat.

Off topic.

Reminder to Laker fans (trolls excluded for obvious reasons), you may want to have your posts respected at some point in the future, so please contribute and stay on task, please don't drift.

T Park
05-29-2008, 03:49 PM
Finley had a wide open three if Barry could've gotten off the pass.

If FIn had gone twords him, as opposed to straight back, i think barry would've tossed to him.

Hell Barry damn near made the shot even with Fisher fouling him.
A tad to the left and that thing banks in.

Shucks.

SenorSpur
05-29-2008, 03:53 PM
The answer lies within the shitty season the Spurs had. Sure they won a decent amount of games but anyone who watched the Spurs this season saw them lose games to teams they had no business to lose too. So many other things can be said about the Spurs but like I said all the answers are within this season.

There it is, right there!
:toast

T Park
05-29-2008, 03:57 PM
The answers are that Udoka and Bonner didn't progress like they thought they would. Finley and Horry got old quicker than thought, and Barry getting hurt for a vast majority of the season, where if he would've played against like Boston, Seattle, or any other regular season losses that he could've turned things around.

Oh well.

FoxMulder
05-29-2008, 04:14 PM
I must be honest at the start of the season I knew it was really hard to get the Finals because of the lack of a partner to Duncan in the low post game, now the Spurs are here and thatīs a great achievement. Even if they lost in game 5.

I think that some players has lost his game, like Finley, Horry, Bonner, and the last acquisition Studamire.

Duncan is still a great player.
But the Spurs need a Center with good shot under the basket.
A PF athletic and fast. (Mahinmi maybe?)
A younger sharp shooter (I still think that Kyle Korver must be playing for the Spurs, or some european shooter)
A backup defender to give some rest to Bowen (someone like Shane Battier for example)
And a PG with 3 point range.

Peace, and greetings

bonnington
05-29-2008, 04:16 PM

Your team is shit.

T Park
05-29-2008, 04:22 PM
I must be honest at the start of the season I knew it was really hard to get the Finals because of the lack of a partner to Duncan in the low post game, now the Spurs are here and thatīs a great achievement. Even if they lost in game 5.

I think that some players has lost his game, like Finley, Horry, Bonner, and the last acquisition Studamire.

Duncan is still a great player.
But the Spurs need a Center with good shot under the basket.
A PF athletic and fast. (Mahinmi maybe?)
A younger sharp shooter (I still think that Kyle Korver must be playing for the Spurs, or some european shooter)
A backup defender to give some rest to Bowen (someone like Shane Battier for example)
And a PG with 3 point range.

Peace, and greetings

Mahinmi would MAYBE fix the top two, the low post center scoring, and the fast athletic PF.

The young sharp shooter could be filled by James Jones.

The backup defender and pg with 3 point range, I think EVERY team is looking for that, so good luck.