PDA

View Full Version : LA vs SA = Greatest Rivalry This Decade

Jloyola
05-28-2008, 04:47 AM
I know alot of us Fans (Lakers and Spurs) have a lot of respect for each other.

Yeah we may talk shit about other teams and all but bottom line is Spur's Fan and Laker Fans respect each others team accomplishments

i cant think of any sport that has a rivalry where TWO teams have dominated the championship banner going back and forth and knocking each other out of the playoffs to reach their goal :lobt2:

Spur's Fan - Much love and respect for your team because our matches with each other have brought many joyous memories to both clubs

Being a Laker Fan I can honestly say David "The Admiral" Robinson is one of my favorite players of all time. Ever since the whole Magic fiasco Iv actually cheered for the Spurs in the playoffs until Shaq came or when the Lakers got eliminated early.

Even though this series is Far from over, I would love to see these two Western Conference Juggernauts meet many more times in the playoffs!!!

Good Luck in the off season (if the spurs get eliminated) getting more athletic and adding more youth to your BIG 3.

Spurs or Lakers in the Finals = :lobt:

genomefreak13
05-28-2008, 04:51 AM
Not even close. The spurs greatest rival is probably the suns.

When LA was on top of their game, they were beating our ass- year in and year out.

And when we finally got our groove. They never even got a chance of getting pass us in the regular season.

Considering that a rivalry requires that teams are competitive enough to give us a series - The LA and SA series is far from being considered as greatest rivalry of the decade.

Jloyola
05-28-2008, 04:57 AM
Not even close. The spurs greatest rival is probably the suns.

When LA was on top of their game, they were beating our ass- year in and year out.

And when we finally got our groove. They never even got a chance of getting pass us in the regular season.

Considering that a rivalry requires that teams are competitive enough to give us a series - The LA and SA series is far from being considered as greatest rivalry of the decade.

I wouldn't consider the SUNS your Rivals because

1. You always beat em in the playoffs
2. They never won a championship

Rivals i Consider are the cowboys and niners of the 90's, Lakers vs Celtics in the 80's

People actually consider Sacramento Kings were our rivals in Shaq era, but they never beat us

Slydragon
05-28-2008, 05:00 AM
Would you have made this thread if the table was turned and LA was down 3-1?

genomefreak13
05-28-2008, 05:09 AM
I agree. But regardless of the fact that we always win - at least when we face-off, both teams are viewed as capable of beating the other (at least on paper).

Aside from that, we also play a contrast game. Which I think add up to the excitement of the rivalry.

In my opinion, to be considered as one of the greatest rivalry, there must be passion in the way the series is played. A comparable series would be that of Miami-New York of the 90's and Boston and Lakers of the 80's.

I don't think the same level of competition is present in this series. The only way that this could be considered as a rivalry is when the spurs could somehow bring it to a game 7 (and maybe win it). Then next year they face-off again, and the lakers beat the spurs.

Taxidriver
05-28-2008, 05:12 AM
I think it's suns and spurs too cause, they cheated them of the championship last year and there is probably a grudge. The 2007 Spurs are probably the least deserving champions ever.

genomefreak13
05-28-2008, 05:18 AM
Sun's weren't in the finals last year. So it's difficult to say how the suns could be cheated by the spurs for the championship- unless you mean western championships.

On any grade, it was a 7 game series and we won it convincingly. I think, It didn't even went to a game 7. It was done in game 6 (but I'm not sure).

Slydragon
05-28-2008, 05:22 AM
BTW I think Spurs vs Lakers was big when Shaq was in LA.

hsxvvd
05-28-2008, 05:24 AM
I'll give you that much, but we've certainly won so far. Lakers have sucked for 4 years now, so you'd need another 3peat to beat the Spurs dominance for the past 9 years.

polandprzem
05-28-2008, 07:12 AM
Lakers owned Spurs in every playoff series (besides one) with Phil

You got your rivaly