PDA

View Full Version : The Manu repeat curse

duncan2k5
05-28-2008, 05:45 AM
everytime we hve a chance of repeating...somehow ginobili has a negativve effect on the outcome. gino will FOREVER by my boy...i've once said that I would trash every spur for doing soemting dumb except gino...because he ALWAYS brings it. i guess i lied...

in 0.4, he was the one guarding fisher on that last shot (which should not have counted). i know he has nothing to do with it going in...but regardless, he was guarding him.

the infamous foul on dirk in 06

the entire 08 conference finals...

is there a manu repet curse?

rascal
05-28-2008, 05:55 AM
No, no curse.

spurscenter
05-28-2008, 06:06 AM
duncan 2k5 intersting

Avitus1
05-28-2008, 06:07 AM
:-/

dg7md
05-28-2008, 06:39 AM
Do people actually believe this?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-28-2008, 06:45 AM
Of course not, Manu is a victim of circumstance, like Larry David.

milkyway21
05-28-2008, 06:52 AM
If we are disappointed with this loss Manu and the Spurs are surely 100x more disappointed too!

come on guys. :oops

29 teams, we're in the final four.

Ginofan
05-28-2008, 06:56 AM
:rolleyes

Come on, are you serious?

boutons_
05-28-2008, 07:03 AM
Yes, Manu has been directly involved in the even-year eliminations, and 3 Titles, only because the Spurs are are so dependent on the Manu as one of the Big3, with very little beyond the Big3.

04 and 06 were single plays, but 08 is 3 entire bad games sandwiched around his monster Game3. Hurt? re-hurt in Game3 so Game4 was no-show? I dunno.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-28-2008, 07:05 AM
Yes, Manu has been directly involved in the even-year eliminations, and 3 Titles, only because the Spurs are are so dependent on the Manu as one of the Big3, with very little beyond the Big3.

04 and 06 were single plays, but 08 is 3 entire bad games sandwiched around his monster Game3. Hurt? re-hurt in Game3 so Game4 was no-show? I dunno.

Barkley is being proved right this year for some reason...outside of the big three we have nothing. We're pretty much spread thin in this series ...a 4th scorer, semi-creator woulda been convenient for this series...

urunobili
05-28-2008, 07:42 AM
Barkley is being proved right this year for some reason...outside of the big three we have nothing. We're pretty much spread thin in this series ...a 4th scorer, semi-creator woulda been convenient for this series...

+1

SpurOutofTownFan
05-28-2008, 08:45 AM

At this point there's no question about this if it was ever any questions at all. The bench which was supposed to be one of SA's mainstays has pretty much nothing.

The Spurs have lacked a true PG backup for 3 years or more now. Can't they get someone who is consistent and can hit some shots??? I mean, anyone.

Then you have Horry who can't hit a shot anymore - I said many times he will not deliver against the Lakers. The same happened in 2004. He just can't do it to them. I don't think he hit one shot last night and when he's wide open he passes the ball.

Thomas I think should return - he's usable under certain situations against certain teams. He has a fairly consistent outside shot.

JV and the mouse should be gone, traded whatever.

Finley should retire

Barry should be back and be the PG backup until the team gets a real one - then he should be the first 2 or 3 from the bench after Manu if Manu doesn't start.

Bonner should be given real minutes

Udoka should probably stay but he needs to learn how to dunk when needed and to consistently hit those open 3s. He was supposed to be the new Bowen - come on

Bruce - it's only to hope he doesn't retire - we should pray he doesnt

Bring Splitter or Iam - any of them

Oberto should stay as well - he's very usable under lots of situations.

SAGambler
05-28-2008, 08:58 AM
Manu isn't responsible for all those missed rebounds that gave the Lakers second chance shots. The entire team just wasn't hustling the boards, especially in the first half.....And that is where the Spurs lost this game. We get 50% of those and we win by 10.

MadDog73
05-28-2008, 09:01 AM
I don't believe in curses.

I DO believe in Conspiracies.

1Parker1
05-28-2008, 09:02 AM
:lmao At the idea of a Manu curse. If it weren't for Ginobili's Game 7 play against the Hornets, Spurs probably wouldn't even be in the WCF. If it weren't for Ginobili's Game 3 heroics, Spurs would have been swept right now.

This series is far from Ginobili's fault. I'd place bigger blame on Pop's odd rotations (taking out Bowen in Game 1 in the 4th, taking out Barry for Oberto last night with 5 minutes left, etc.), Spurs inability to rebound, their constant mental errors and offensive droughts where they look like a JV squad, and the inability of any Spurs role player; Horry, Finley, Udoka, Oberto, Vaughn to contribute on the stat sheet is why the Spurs are doomed.

TampaDude
05-28-2008, 09:06 AM
At this point there's no question about this if it was ever any questions at all. The bench which was supposed to be one of SA's mainstays has pretty much nothing.

Yup...the Spurs used to be famous for their deep bench...it made them very hard to stop, especially in the playoffs...but now their bench has become a huge liability...they are way too dependent on Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili...if any of the "Big 3" has a bad game, the Spurs struggle. They have no depth anymore. I'm amazed they got by the Hornets. If the Spurs want to have any hope of pulling off the comeback in this series, someone, anyone, other than the Big 3 has got to step up big.

Not done yet, though... :flag:

kace
05-28-2008, 09:07 AM
everytime we hve a chance of repeating...somehow ginobili has a negativve effect on the outcome. gino will FOREVER by my boy...i've once said that I would trash every spur for doing soemting dumb except gino...because he ALWAYS brings it. i guess i lied...

in 0.4, he was the one guarding fisher on that last shot (which should not have counted). i know he has nothing to do with it going in...but regardless, he was guarding him.

the infamous foul on dirk in 06

the entire 08 conference finals...

is there a manu repet curse?

unfair post.

in 04 and 06, manu was playing great (and if Tim was great too, tony wasn't the player he is now and since last year in PO). You can't take out his bad plays and forgot all the good from these PO.

08 is a totally different thing: he's really killing us in these PO. very frustrating after seeing him having his best RS.

TampaDude
05-28-2008, 09:09 AM
Manu isn't responsible for all those missed rebounds that gave the Lakers second chance shots. The entire team just wasn't hustling the boards, especially in the first half.....And that is where the Spurs lost this game. We get 50% of those and we win by 10.

Yup...the Spurs lost Game 4 in the 1st quarter...they were down 22-8...yet they were still right there at the end...grab a few more rebounds and they win by double digits.

Game 1 sure looms large now, doesn't it? Oh, well...the Spurs always gotta do things the hard way... :lol

Doctor J
05-28-2008, 09:18 AM
Does this mean that he will bring another championship next season? I hope so.

smeagol
05-28-2008, 10:21 AM
Not sure what's wrong with Manu, but this curse thing is laughable at best . . .

AztecPrincss
05-28-2008, 10:23 AM
YOu CAn Spend Minutes HOurs,days weeks or even months over analyzing the situation trying to put the pieces together justyfying what couldve wouldve happened..or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the fuck on..

Ignignokt
05-28-2008, 10:30 AM
YOu CAn Spend Minutes HOurs,days weeks or even months over analyzing the situation trying to put the pieces together justyfying what couldve wouldve happened..or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the fuck on..

i cant believe that mallate fisher got no call eseeee!!!!!!

What are you talkinggg abouuuttt?

THat game was so fucked up, me and joker were cruising el parke last night for 3 hourrrrrrsssss.

AztecPrincss
05-28-2008, 10:32 AM
:lol:lmao

dbreiden83080
05-28-2008, 10:38 AM
I was furious with Manu in 06, when he is told not to foul and does it anyway, that is tough to swallow when the season is on the line. I don't blame him for this series it is just tough to accept because i feel his injuries killed his level of play.