PDA

View Full Version : I don't know about you but,...

MoSpur
05-28-2008, 08:40 AM
I put a lot of blame on Pop for this one. He stuck with Manu for way too long and it backfired. Barry had the hot hand and should have played a lot more. Manu's +3 is not accurate. Orberto's -15 is very accurate.

The players are the ones who play the game. I understand that, but Pop should take a lot of heat for this one on the way he managed the game.

SAGambler
05-28-2008, 08:44 AM
The problem with a Manu, is, you never know when he is going to go off. You can't just sit him down because he's had a bad 3 quarters. He can get you 20 in one.

Hook Dem
05-28-2008, 08:44 AM
Agreed! Why didn't he start Barry instead of Finley? This gentle handling of Finley's feelings is just too much.

MoSpur
05-28-2008, 09:05 AM
I see Pop looking back at last night's game and inserting Barry in the starting lineup.

Los Spurs
05-28-2008, 09:14 AM
It just amazes me how he didn't play much of Thomas, Udoka, or Vaughn :rolleyes

Celtics+Lakers=Stern :devil

MoSpur
05-28-2008, 09:25 AM
I usually give Orberto the benefit of the doubt, but he stunk last night. He played about 22 minutes last night and grabbed THREE rebounds. Are you kidding me??? Plus he was not that good defending Odom last night.

DawgMilkX
05-28-2008, 09:30 AM
I think Pop needs to start Barry and Thomas. Thomas can make a shot and I think would do better then Oberto.

oligarchy
05-28-2008, 09:42 AM
Thomas can't guard Odom any better than Oberto. You might as well have said Mahimni should start.

mexicanjunior
05-28-2008, 09:49 AM
I see Pop looking back at last night's game and inserting Barry in the starting lineup.

About 2 games too late for that...he might as well start Finley and end the season the way he wanted all along...

mexicanjunior
05-28-2008, 09:50 AM
Thomas can't guard Odom any better than Oberto. You might as well have said Mahimni should start.

He can certainly block out better, Oberto does nothing more than stand behind someone during a rebound and try to tap the ball back...

DawgMilkX
05-28-2008, 09:51 AM

Maybe he can't guard him any better but at least they would haveto guard Thomas on offense. Thomas can make his shot if given the chance. Oberto doesn't really look to shoot. If Thomas can make a couple then the Lakers would have to play defense on all five instead of 4. Who knows maybe he can open the floor more for the other guys

MoSpur
05-28-2008, 09:52 AM
I say Ime does better on Odom than Thomas and Orberto. He is strong enough to keep him out of the paint for the most part and quick enough to stay with Odom. In game one, I think, Ime frustrated Odom. It was obvious. Plus he rebounds really well for his size.

oligarchy
05-28-2008, 09:54 AM
So now they leave Oberto completely wide open? Oberto should have a ton of points if they can find him them..

samikeyp
05-28-2008, 09:54 AM
So now they leave Oberto completely wide open? Oberto should have a ton of points if they can find him them..

You are assuming Oberto will hit those shots.

Slippy
05-28-2008, 10:00 AM
The problem with a Manu, is, you never know when he is going to go off. You can't just sit him down because he's had a bad 3 quarters. He can get you 20 in one.

That and Manu's presense alone has it's benifits. The lakers D was very focused on him early. It just seemed Manu was satisfied with that as well, watching and passing it around to his teammates for the rest of the game. He was ok with being a passenger instead of the driving force in the WC finals. That's un-believable for me. Im sure Pop was expecting Manu to wake up out his zombie state. It never came.

To fault Pop on this un-fair. The whole team inlcuding Barry got good looks especially from the 3-point line. Considering Barry been sitting on the sidelines for awhile now, it shouldn't surprise us that he looked the freshest. Barry did what he's supposed to do which is hit the 3 and Pop was probably hoping for the same from their other reliable 3-point shooter. He never showed up.

1Parker1
05-28-2008, 10:01 AM
Pop made the same exact mistake in the 4th quarter yesterday with Brent Barry that he did with Bruce Bowen in Game 1. In Game 1, he substituted Bowen for Udoka/Ginobili on Kobe when the Spurs needed defense on Kobe to put the game away.

Last night with about 5 minutes to go and the Spurs getting oh so close to getting over the hump, he puts in Oberto for Barry, trying to get defense/rebounding when the Spurs needed shots. It was almost the opposite affect. With Horry and Ginobili clanking their 3 pointers, Spurs could have used Brent Barry in the game at that critical juncture.

MoSpur
05-28-2008, 10:07 AM
Pop is not looking too good in this series. He has made some questionable moves when it comes to his substitutions.

MoSpur
05-28-2008, 10:19 AM
At least he didn't put Vaughn in. I think Small Ball works when Ime is in there guarding Odom.