PDA

View Full Version : Phil Jackson's Quote to Craig Sager

Ghost Writer
05-28-2008, 09:57 AM
Apologies, as I am sure this was brought up, but:

Asked to explain how San Antonio sliced its early 22-8 deficit to five by quarter's end, Jackson told TNT's Craig Sager: "You want me to be honest with you? The guys with the whistles." -- Marc Stein, ESPN

I could not believe Jackson said that at the end of the first quarter. Moreover, it looked like his b1tching might've made the refs swallow their whistles on the Barry no-call.

No reprecussions for such a scathing review of the officiating -- during the game?!?

mrsmaalox
05-28-2008, 09:58 AM
He may be fined.

samikeyp
05-28-2008, 09:58 AM

Asked to explain how San Antonio sliced its early 22-8 deficit to five by quarter's end, Jackson told TNT's Craig Sager: "You want me to be honest with you? The guys with the whistles." -- Marc Stein, ESPN

I could not believe Jackson said that at the end of the first quarter. Moreover, it looked like his b1tching might've made the refs swallow their whistles on the Barry no-call.

No reprecussions for such a scathing review of the officiating -- during the game?!?

Curious...why is it that if Phil Jackson makes a comment about officiating, its ok but if a Spurs fan does it..its whining.

The_Game
05-28-2008, 09:59 AM
Jackson has 9 rings

he has the right to say what the hell he likes........

xtremesteven33
05-28-2008, 10:02 AM
Jackson has 9 rings

shut up

coachmac87
05-28-2008, 10:04 AM
Jackson has 9 rings

no thats what he thinks.....:whine and wtf is up with this?

Anti.Hero
05-28-2008, 10:04 AM
The refs did keep the Spurs in the game in the first half.

Shank
05-28-2008, 10:05 AM
Isn't there a way to merge all the threads dedicated to whining? Or would that take too long seeing as there are about 50 of them?

Lake_show
05-28-2008, 10:06 AM
And they have the nerve to complain when they got every call most of the game.

samikeyp
05-28-2008, 10:06 AM
Isn't there a way to merge all the threads dedicated to whining? Or would that take too long seeing as there are about 50 of them?

Or just delete them all.

1Parker1
05-28-2008, 10:07 AM
Curious...why is it that if Phil Jackson makes a comment about officiating, its ok but if a Spurs fan does it..its whining.

Phil Jackson is the head coach of the team and his comments are to the public and a direct hit against Stern and the league.

Spurs fans are ranting on a sports forum to other fans.....our opinions have no result to Stern or the league.

samikeyp
05-28-2008, 10:09 AM
Phil Jackson is the head coach of the team and his comments are to the public and a direct hit against Stern and the league.

Spurs fans are ranting on a sports forum to other fans.....our opinions have no result to Stern or the league.

IMO, both are whining and whining doesn't belong in pro basketball.

1Parker1
05-28-2008, 10:11 AM
^You're right it doesn't. But the fact remains, Phil probably won't get fined or even disciplined for his comments when he probably should.

shelshor
05-28-2008, 10:15 AM
^You're right it doesn't. But the fact remains, Phil probably won't get fined or even disciplined for his comments when he probably should.

Why would he when he hasn't been fined or disciplined for any of his other "comments" about the refs during the playoffs

ipeefreely
05-28-2008, 10:17 AM

================================

OH Dipstick, the spurts got the line 26 times and the Lakers 19 times...at one point in the first half it was like 18 times for the spurts and 3 times for the lakers...
Do you know how to read >...a box score that is?...stop whining and move on you are going punked by a vastly superior team, everyone else can see it....

Slippy
05-28-2008, 10:43 AM

With the answer Phil was working it like he usually does and Sager set it up for him. That didn't seem right during a game.

What's quite amusing is when ever laker players stuff up or doesn't agree with a call they look to Phil for consolation.

Ghost Writer
05-28-2008, 11:27 AM
Um, because we don't coach the team that is in the middle of a game that we're complaining about the officiating.

We're fans in a Forum.

Avitus1
05-28-2008, 11:28 AM
Not that it matters. If KG wont get fined for pushing a ref he wont be fined for talking shit about em. Hmmm wonder why that is....

TheMACHINE
05-28-2008, 11:30 AM
Refs kept the spurs in the game for 47 minutes and 57 seconds.

DarrinS
05-28-2008, 11:32 AM
Refs kept the spurs in the game for 47 minutes and 57 seconds.

Did Joey Crawford hit 5 three's for Barry?

Medvedenko
05-28-2008, 11:34 AM
It was a travel then a foul...look at my sig...

QuietDynasty
05-28-2008, 11:36 AM
He may be fined.

i'm not sure....it's the lakers after all, their destiny has been written already. :sleep:sleep:sleep:sleep

rascal
05-28-2008, 11:49 AM

A fine to Phil Jackson is chump change.

trjons
05-28-2008, 11:56 AM

I think that would eliminate this forum.

spurastic
05-28-2008, 12:03 PM
You Lakers fans look thru your purple glasses and I'll look thru my grey ones. I saw an aggressive Laker team that gave out a lot more fouls than was called. I saw a Spurs team that had another off shooting night. And I saw that #18 Sasha pull on Manu's pants every time he went by (and no calls of course). I want Manu to don a pair of pull away pants during the next game and give the Sasha a shock.

LakerLanny
05-28-2008, 12:04 PM
The refs did keep the Spurs in the game in the first half.

Thank you.

As soon as the Lakers went up 14, it was like an alarm went off with the refs.

That first half was maybe the worst officiating in the NBA since the 2004 NBA Fixals errr Finals.

LakerLanny
05-28-2008, 12:06 PM
Did Joey Crawford hit 5 three's for Barry?

No, but the FT attempts were 26 to 10 at the end of the 3rd qtr in your team's favor.

Your team shot 40% from the floor at home and never had a lead in the entire game. And you think they deserved the win?

Don't even bother to answer, you are blind to the facts.

MoSpur
05-28-2008, 12:06 PM
I saw that on last night's telecast and was shocked, but its Phil.

MoSpur
05-28-2008, 12:08 PM
Who cares if he gets fined or whatever? That's not gonna help the Spurs win or lose. Right now, the Spurs are their worst enemies. They blew a 20pt lead in Game one and blew opportunites to take the lead and momentum in last night's game.

LEONARD
05-28-2008, 12:35 PM

Spurs fans don't whine about officiating, fag!!

:lol

DarrinS
05-28-2008, 12:37 PM
No, but the FT attempts were 26 to 10 at the end of the 3rd qtr in your team's favor.

Your team shot 40% from the floor at home and never had a lead in the entire game. And you think they deserved the win?

Don't even bother to answer, you are blind to the facts.

I challenge you to find one thread where I've said the Spurs deserved to win that game.

MateoNeygro
05-28-2008, 01:12 PM
I think its funny as hell people who like the Charlotte Bobcats(ipeefreely) and mavs fans etc. even think they have room to comment on anything, if your team isn't in it. Then shut up yer face the mavs are a fuckin soup sandwich

beachwood
05-28-2008, 02:10 PM
There's no way the league ever touches Phil Jackson.

dbreiden83080
05-28-2008, 02:36 PM
Jackson has 9 rings

That is stupid

SpurOutofTownFan
05-28-2008, 03:22 PM
Jackson has 9 rings

no he doesn't - think about it for a minute.