PDA

View Full Version : Freethrows SA-26, LA-19

LakersDomination
05-28-2008, 10:00 AM
I remember that I was in a Utah Jaz forum when the Lakers played the Jazz and all they talked about was the NBA conspiracy against them.
I was impressed how much more dignity the Spurs fans showed but now Im listening to too many complaints. San Antonio has more calls throughout the game and had tons of chances to get the lead but could never hit that key shot.
Tim Duncan did take 3 steps on his dunk-not called
The ball did hit the rim and went off Horry-not called
Barry was fouled by Fisher-not called
Non calls are part of the game but the Spurs did not deserve to win the game...
I respect the guys here who look at the whole game...calls for the Spurs and calls against the Spurs...and see that the game was lost when it was 22-8 and the Spurs never were able to pass them..they just looked old...

samikeyp
05-28-2008, 10:03 AM
I remember that I was in a Utah Jaz forum when the Lakers played the Jazz and all they talked about was the NBA conspiracy against them.
I was impressed how much more dignity the Spurs fans showed but now Im listening to too many complaints. San Antonio has more calls throughout the game and had tons of chances to get the lead but could never hit that key shot.
I respect the guys here who look at the whole game...calls for the Spurs and calls against the Spurs...and see that the game was lost when it was 22-8 and the Spurs never were able to pass them..they just looked old...

It seems that when a team is down, there are always a certain group of fans who yell conspiracy, Laker Lanny did it after game 3, after games 1 and 2 of the 04 series and all through the 03 series. Conspiracy theories are the stuff of losers.

LakersDomination
05-28-2008, 10:07 AM
Yes people type with their hearts and not their brains.. I see alot of Spurs fans who do acknowledge how much the Spurs struggled tonite and who dont give excuses. I respect those fans..The fact is the Spurs are down 3-1 and need 3 wins..nough said

WCFBaby
05-28-2008, 10:14 AM
The NBA (Stern) was TRYING to rig this game so that the Spurs would win (free throw advantage, goal tending on Odom which...clearly was not, not resetting the 24 second clock after Fisher's shot with a few seconds left in the game, Manu's 3 pointer which was clearly a 2 pointer, etc. etc. ). But, nonetheless, the Lakers were/are JUST TOO GOOD!!!

KobeOwnsBowen
05-28-2008, 10:14 AM
Agreed. It should've been a blowout if the refs called it fairly.

ballhog
05-28-2008, 10:17 AM
The Lakers won, I accept that. You can't forget about the talk from the NBA for months now about a "dream final" of Lakers/Celts and question some things. It's out there and will be discussed whether you believe it or not.

Fabbs
05-28-2008, 10:17 AM
Spurs by 10+ if entire game called fairly.

You Laker whiners who overlook the numerous fouls on Duncan by your frontline that could not stop him. Pushy Turiaf got him several times, as did Gasol. Duncan does not shoot airballs from 5 feet.

Yes we need to move on and picture the marketing possibilities of a Celtics-Lakers series.:toast

ballhog
05-28-2008, 10:18 AM

You Laker whiners who overlook the numerous fouls on Duncan by your frontline that could not stop him. Pushy Turiaf got him several times, as did Gasol. Duncan does not shoot airballs from 5 feet.

Yes we need to move on and picture the marketing possibilities of a Celtics-Lakers series.:toast

:rollin

LakersDomination
05-28-2008, 10:21 AM

Fouls not called against the Lakers. Odom and Fisher were both in foul trouble from the beginning. You need to take out those special Spus glasses you are using to watch the game....the Spurs got their share of calls and maybe even more since they were at home...I guess the Spurs did not get any calls right...like the Euro 3 step dunk by Duncan...lets take those two points away and the lead was 4 with 2 secs left

AztecPrincss
05-28-2008, 10:21 AM
YOu CAn Spend Minutes HOurs,days weeks or even months over analyzing the situation trying to put the pieces together justyfying what couldve wouldve happened..or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the fuck on..

trjons
05-28-2008, 10:24 AM

the team hustllng to every loose ball and rebound got less fts. yeah right.

WCFBaby
05-28-2008, 10:28 AM

If believing your own bullshit makes you feel better........by all means......go for it. I'll sleep well knowing the best team is the one that wins the series. :lobt2:

LakersDomination
05-28-2008, 10:29 AM
I respect many Spurs fans here for their knowledge and dignity even after a tough loss but Fabbs is not one of them

mexicanjunior
05-28-2008, 10:33 AM
If believing your own bullshit makes you feel better........by all means......go for it. I'll sleep well knowing the best team is the one that wins the series. :lobt2:

And it will be the best team that wins the championship, which will not be the Lakers in the finals...Go Pistons-Celtics...

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-28-2008, 12:35 PM
7 FTs is a conspiracy now? So, obviously it was one hell of a conspiracy in the semis when Utah was shooting 25 FTs a game to LA's 42 :rolleyes

Just as long as you admit it took a conspiracy for LA to even get by Utah, we can call it even about last night.

DarrinS
05-28-2008, 12:36 PM
OP sounds very insecure.