PDA

View Full Version : From Piston fan, Spurs got robbed.

PistonskillSpurs
05-28-2008, 10:22 AM
again, the folks saying this was not a foul are completely wrong, and there is no OPINION about it. If it is a foul, then the rules say it should be called a foul. If you are not going to call a foul in certain situations, then the rule books have to be changed. There has to be something added to the rule book such as, "A foul will not be called unless the offensive players sells that foul good enough in the refs opinion". Wouldn't this make for a fine rule change? It was a foul according to any rational interpretation of the rule book, NO SELLING NEEDED. If selling is needed, Then it SHOULD state this in the rule book. His body was hit hard enough for his head to jerk sideways. That was a foul, it should have been called a foul according to the rule book. What some don't seem to understand is there IS NO OPINION ABOUT IT. The rule book doesn't allow for opinion. The body hit clearly falls within the parameters of what a foul is. IT WAS A FOUL. No ranting about refs deciding the game, about selling the foul, none of that has any meaning at all unless you make it relevant in the rule book. As the rule book goes, it was a FOUL. No opinion can change that simple truth.

AztecPrincss
05-28-2008, 10:23 AM
YOu CAn Spend Minutes HOurs,days weeks or even months over analyzing the situation trying to put the pieces together justyfying what couldve wouldve happened..or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the fuck on..

~kingflopper~
05-28-2008, 10:28 AM
if this vvvvvvv wasnt a foul

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i139/DPGUNIT_2006/lebron20bowen20foul.gif

Then what happened last night wasnt a foul...

You guys bitch n moan about everything! the refs damn near gave yall the game! Timmy got away with a travel, @ least 4 over the backs, that clearly wasnt a goaltend on Lamar odom and so on and son, the refs kept you guys in the game and yall know it

Killakobe81
05-28-2008, 10:28 AM
YOu CAn Spend Minutes HOurs,days weeks or even months over analyzing the situation trying to put the pieces together justyfying what couldve wouldve happened..or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the fuck on..

Great point ...but remember last year Suns felt that thre was a conspiracy dont be like MOST of them ...let it go like Keisha Cole ...

by the way nice sig pic !!

WCFBaby
05-28-2008, 10:30 AM
LOL........sorry Pistons fan........I know you were HOPING to play the Spurs if you beat Boston. Oh well.

PistonskillSpurs
05-28-2008, 10:33 AM
The video is not a foul. Was James' body moved in any way from that *caress*? no. Watch James body. Nothing altered his movement at all, which means the defender simply rubbed him, there was no grab there, and no altering of his movement or body motion at all. His shot was unimpeded. Clearly this has nothing in common with last night, which clearly falls within the parameters of a foul, no opinion about it.

ni\o

if this vvvvvvv wasnt a foul

Then what happened last night wasnt a foul...

You guys bitch n moan about everything! the refs damn near gave yall the game! Timmy got away with a travel, @ least 4 over the backs, that clearly wasnt a goaltend on Lamar odom and so on and son, the refs kept you guys in the game and yall know it

LakersDomination
05-28-2008, 10:34 AM
Yes you guys can argue about THE FOUL all day and night but there were plenty of non calls that went for the Spurs and you still never got the lead. Look at the whole game...the Spurs got their share of calls, were at home, Kobe 0 freethrows and they still never had the lead....

ipeefreely
again, the folks saying this was not a foul are completely wrong, and there is no OPINION about it. If it is a foul, then the rules say it should be called a foul. If you are not going to call a foul in certain situations, then the rule books have to be changed. There has to be something added to the rule book such as, "A foul will not be called unless the offensive players sells that foul good enough in the refs opinion". Wouldn't this make for a fine rule change? It was a foul according to any rational interpretation of the rule book, NO SELLING NEEDED. If selling is needed, Then it SHOULD state this in the rule book. His body was hit hard enough for his head to jerk sideways. That was a foul, it should have been called a foul according to the rule book. What some don't seem to understand is there IS NO OPINION ABOUT IT. The rule book doesn't allow for opinion. The body hit clearly falls within the parameters of what a foul is. IT WAS A FOUL. No ranting about refs deciding the game, about selling the foul, none of that has any meaning at all unless you make it relevant in the rule book. As the rule book goes, it was a FOUL. No opinion can change that simple truth.

hahahahahahahahhaah

Let me translate for the board........

We are scared of the Lakers.....:lol

What a wuss, go back to 8 mile and stfu...:king:downspin:

You time is coming soon enough...:lmao

beeyaatch:ihit

Dex
I just find it funny that after all the anti-flop talk this year, now all the media has to say about Fisher's foul is 'Well if Barry wanted the whistle, he should've sold the contact'.

Can't win for losin' in this world.

AztecPrincss
05-28-2008, 10:35 AM
Great point ...but remember last year Suns felt that thre was a conspiracy dont be like MOST of them ...let it go like Keisha Cole ...

by the way nice sig pic !!

Thnks And I still believe we can make a come back If the spurs play like real champions..Sorry but its not the lakers whos good Is just that we are playing that bad ..

timmydidit
05-28-2008, 10:36 AM
your right it was a foul. fuck you NBA

samikeyp
05-28-2008, 10:37 AM
Thnks And I still believe we can make a come back If the spurs play like real champions..Sorry but its not the lakers whos good Is just that we are playing that bad ..

I would disagree.

The Spurs are playing bad but still good enough to win games 1 and 4 but its because the Lakers are playing so well that SA has been unable to close those games out.

trjons
05-28-2008, 10:40 AM
Rules dont say it was a foul. Contact does not equal a foul.

ROTFL.

Sigz
05-28-2008, 10:41 AM
If people really don't think it was a foul, they need to fucking kill themselves.

It CLEARLY was a foul. But there is nothing we can do about it..

WCFBaby
05-28-2008, 10:43 AM
your right it was a foul. fuck you NBA

Get off the boards and hit the books dummy.

bdubya
05-28-2008, 10:43 AM
From another Piston fan, yeah, that was definitely a foul, but the Spurs didn't get robbed. They got beat. It happens sometimes.

(so does coming back from 3-1. C'mon, Spurs!)

LakersDomination
05-28-2008, 10:45 AM
Its funny that I've seen two different Pistons fans root for the Spurs. Does this mean that they dont fear playing the Spurs as much as the Lakers????

PistonskillSpurs
05-28-2008, 10:45 AM
LOL at Laker fan. Yeah, we are scared of the Lakers. Seems i recall that the Spurs beat us the last time we were in a finals with them. As I recall, uh, the pistons STOMPED the Lakers in to the floor and ground them under their heels the last time they met in the Finals. In Fact, they also swept you the time before that as well. So, let's recap laker fans. Detroit is 8-1 against you the last two times we have met in the finals.

LA_Bryants
05-28-2008, 10:48 AM
LOL at Laker fan. Yeah, we are scared of the Lakers. Seems i recall that the Spurs beat us the last time we were in a finals with them. As I recall, uh, the pistons STOMPED the Lakers in to the floor and ground them under their heels the last time they met in the Finals. In Fact, they also swept you the time before that as well. So, let's recap laker fans. Detroit is 8-1 against you the last two times we have met in the finals.

lucky break

MadDog73
Piston fans and Spurs fans respect each other, that's all.

Why would Pistons fans assume Spurs would be easier than the Lakers based on past playoff performances?

maybe they just want revenge against 2005?

GrandeDavid
It was a travesty of a bad call, but we can all deal with it because the Spurs played shitty enough to lose. Had the Spurs been up ten the entire game the Lakers made a miraculous late run to take the lead and that non call happened, then I´d be ready kill. But, yes, it was a terrible blown call, intentional or not. Just shitty, utter incompetence.

MadDog73
05-28-2008, 10:49 AM
lucky break

Yeah, Laker get a LOT of those "Lucky" breaks, it seems.
:rolleyes

LakersDomination

I agree with all your stats but I found it weird that Piston fans are going for the Spurs....I rather play Boston then the Pistons personally.. Boston hasnt proved they are tough enough

timmydidit
Get off the boards and hit the books dummy.

how cute a laker fan telling me to hit the books... hmm.. perhaps you should go back to basketball 101 that was clearly a foul you dumb ass troll

Killakobe81
05-28-2008, 10:51 AM

Ill admit I think Pistons are the tougher matchup than the Celts but we still have 2 finish the Spurs 1st ...also dont forget Chauncey is not healthy he is a Laker killer ...so IF the Pistons make the Finals i like our chances ...

theMUHMEshow
05-28-2008, 10:53 AM
Spurs had the whistle on their side last year...just didnt happen this year...

Don_In_Redondo
05-28-2008, 10:56 AM
how cute a laker fan telling me to hit the books... hmm.. perhaps you should go back to basketball 101 that was clearly a foul you dumb ass troll

The only "travesty" was the officials not seeing that Barry clearly traveled before any contact from Fisher, which if they had decided to call anything at all rather than "let them play," it would have been too many steps. Lakers ball with less than one second remaining.

Of course, since Fisher's shot clearly touches the rim at 5.2 seconds remaining, then goes off Horry out of bounds, the clock should have been reset, and perhaps Barry is looking for a four-point play.

MadDog73
05-28-2008, 10:59 AM
The only "travesty" was the officials not seeing that Barry clearly traveled before any contact from Fisher, which if they had decided to call anything at all rather than "let them play," it would have been too many steps. Lakers ball with less than one second remaining.

Of course, since Fisher's shot clearly touches the rim at 5.2 seconds remaining, then goes off Horry out of bounds, the clock should have been reset, and perhaps Barry is looking for a four-point play.

Fine. Call the travel. Hell, call anything.

But you have to call something. We all agree: something happened.

Spurs73
05-28-2008, 11:05 AM
That foul didn't have a lot to do with the Spurs losing last night. They had like 15 chances it seems to take the lead and could never do it. So I'm not gonna single out one oppurtunity when the refs could have helped. The Spurs should have helped themselves but they couldn't.

LakersDomination
05-28-2008, 11:09 AM
That foul didn't have a lot to do with the Spurs losing last night. They had like 15 chances it seems to take the lead and could never do it. So I'm not gonna single out one oppurtunity when the refs could have helped. The Spurs should have helped themselves but they couldn't.

I respect Spurs fans like you...

Avitus1
05-28-2008, 11:22 AM
If we dont get to the finals then I'm pulling for Detroit.

trjons
05-28-2008, 11:24 AM
LMAO at Piston fans saying last night the refs favored the Lakers.

Just like 2004 when the Pistons paraded to the FT line more often, eh?

bdubya
05-28-2008, 11:25 AM
Piston fans and Spurs fans respect each other, that's all.

Why would Pistons fans assume Spurs would be easier than the Lakers based on past playoff performances?

maybe they just want revenge against 2005?

Exactly. Respect for the team and most of the fans, plus we want the rematch. (We want the belts back, dammit!)

As for the easier matchup, I pretty much figure that whichever team advances is going to be the tougher opponent. I expected it to be the Spurs, but if it's not, it's not.

Cry Havoc
05-28-2008, 11:28 AM
We sucked and could not take the lead the entire game. Aside from Barry, we shot worse than a bunch of high school kids playing after-hours at the local YMCA.

It was a deserved loss.

I told my roommate before the final play happened that even if we won the game, it would feel hollow. It was a sorry example of Spurs basketball.

rAm
05-28-2008, 11:33 AM
The fact that we are even talking about the ref's more than the game itself is just an indication of how much influence the ref's have in today's game. What ever happened to basketball?

QuietDynasty
05-28-2008, 11:35 AM

i'm sure stern is looking to correct that this time around.

E.O.A.O.
05-28-2008, 11:35 AM
The fact that we are even talking about the ref's more than the game itself is just an indication of how much influence the ref's have in today's game. What ever happened to basketball?

Spurs got all the cheap fouls. It's pathetic. Hard to watch. I agree. Back then was basketball. Now it's like Stern says something to the refs every game.

Sportcamper
05-28-2008, 11:40 AM
You cant discard a player like an old dish rag…Re sign him like a KMART bargain basement special & expect the NBA Refferees to treat him like he is a Super Star…What happened to Barry this season was just awful…

bdubya
05-28-2008, 11:41 AM

The refs have always had a lot of influence; there's just too much going on on the court for it to be otherwise. I think it's just gotten easier to argue the calls lately. There have been huge improvements in broadcast quality (multiple cameras and clearer, higher-def images), capture technology (digital recorders), and a better medium for fans to post pix and video to argue over. Watching on a grainy 15" black and white set, you couldn't tell what was a foul and what was'nt, and if all you had for evidence is whatever pix got published in your local paper, there wasn't much room for discussion.

Solid D
05-28-2008, 11:44 AM

On this play here, Bruce was trying to foul on the floor pre-shot and LBJ evaded it for the three attempt. Brent Barry made the same mistake of trying to escape to get off a good three attempt, except he was hit much harder and it compromised him with much greater physical impact. Brent made the wrong choice and SHAME ON MIKE FINLEY for standing by halfcourt telling D-Fish he wasn't in the play, so go cover Brent. :bang:bang:bang

DarrinS
05-28-2008, 11:45 AM
If you jump up in the air and land on someone, it's not a foul. :rolleyes