PDA

View Full Version : Apologize

dbestpro
05-28-2008, 11:15 AM
As a Spurs fan and a fan of basketball I would like to apologize on behalf of the Spurs for the lack of hustle and poor play from yesterday's game.

Over the years I have felt that the Spurs did not get their due. That was not the case yesterday. Do I believe the Spurs are better than the Lakers? Yes.

I also believe that the Spurs are not real good right now so what does that say for the Lakers. In fact this is the poorest basketball playoff semi-finals that I have ever seen going back to the 1970's and that includes all four teams. It is hard to believe that a team of the Laker's caliber (this season)can be in the finals. In the end I don't know which is worse the play or the officiating.

:sleep:sleep:sleep

Say-Townbball
05-28-2008, 11:16 AM
If the Spurs had played with a sense of urgency, the officiating wouldn't have made a difference. Besides, the officiating went both ways last night....

Spur Spoiler
05-28-2008, 11:21 AM
As a Spurs fan and a fan of basketball I would like to apologize on behalf of the Spurs for the lack of hustle and poor play from yesterday's game.

Over the years I have felt that the Spurs did not get their due. That was not the case yesterday. Do I believe the Spurs are better than the Lakers? Yes.

I also believe that the Spurs are not real good right now so what does that say for the Lakers. In fact this is the poorest basketball playoff semi-finals that I have ever seen going back to the 1970's and that includes all four teams. It is hard to believe that a team of the Laker's caliber (this season)can be in the finals. In the end I don't know which is worse the play or the officiating.

You are looking for ways to make youself feel better. The Lakers were dominant coming down the stretch of the regular season and clinched the #1 spot in the west and home court advantage. not an easy task considering how tough the west conf is. Now, they are averging the most points in the playoffs, one game away from the big show (only lost 3 games getting their) and you can't give them there props. Your comment has more to do with your hatred for the Lakers than anything. You need something to help you swallow your pain.

temujin
05-28-2008, 11:28 AM
You are looking for ways to make youself feel better. The Lakers were dominant coming down the stretch of the regular season and clinched the #1 spot in the west and home court advantage. not an easy task considering how tough the west conf is. Now, they are averging the most points in the playoffs, one game away from the big show (only lost 3 games getting their) and you can't give them there props. Your comment has more to do with your hatred for the Lakers than anything. You need something to help you swallow your pain.

Tell him to watch Boston win it all with calls like G1 and G4.

Delicious.

Say-Townbball
05-28-2008, 11:29 AM
That's funny because go through the threads and I have stated over and over again that I do not hate the Lakers.

Kobe is an awesome player has a decent supporting cast.

Do I think that the Spurs are a better team than the Lakers? Yes.

Has it showed in the series? Only in game 3.

I'll always give credit when credit is due, but if the damn Spurs had hustled (ie prevented 2nd chance points, offensive rebounds), then they would not have played uphill the entire game like they did last night.

The Lakers are not playing 100%, but 3 out of 4 games this series, they have outplayed the Spurs.

Medvedenko
05-28-2008, 11:30 AM
Really, worst WCF...I guess when your team isn't winningi it's tough to see. Oh and if we make it to the finals it was ill be astonishing to say the least given what the Lakers were from the start of the season.

Say-Townbball
05-28-2008, 11:31 AM
and as for the officiating....it was terrible for both teams. Spurs got some bad calls and so did the lakers.

It's time for game 5. Next.

Say-Townbball
05-28-2008, 11:33 AM
Really, worst WCF...I guess when your team isn't winningi it's tough to see. Oh and if we make it to the finals it was ill be astonishing to say the least given what the Lakers were from the start of the season.

I agree. It's been a TERRIBLE WCF. If this was round 1 of the playoffs, there would be more of a competition.

I don't know what's up with the Spurs this season....but I still love and support 'em.

QuietDynasty
05-28-2008, 11:44 AM

i hope all you motherfuckers get eye cancer. fucking trolls

ThriveForFive
05-28-2008, 12:21 PM
I'm not buying this "the spurs didn't deserve to win this game because of their lack of hustle early on" crap. We played the game for 48 full minutes. We didn't pack it up and give in when we could've. Kept fighting and pushing like true champions do, then got screwed. I couldn't be more proud of the Spurs for sticking in that game and just playing on sheer will.
Spurs in 7.
One at a time.

brettn
05-28-2008, 12:29 PM
I'm not buying this "the spurs didn't deserve to win this game because of their lack of hustle early on" crap. We played the game for 48 full minutes. We didn't pack it up and give in when we could've. Kept fighting and pushing like true champions do, then got screwed. I couldn't be more proud of the Spurs for sticking in that game and just playing on sheer will.
Spurs in 7.
One at a time.

YOU don't have to "buy" it for it to be true. The second chance points proves this. We were down something like 16-2 on second chance points at the half. That's lack of hustle really. The Lakers simply wanted it more. It was clearly a foul at the end, but if the Spurs played with even half of the intensity that the Lakers had in the first half, we'd be sitting here talking about a 2-2 series. The spurs didn't play for 48 full minutes, like usual. All that being said, I think you're right about it going 7 still. Or maybe I'm just dillusional.

ThriveForFive
05-28-2008, 12:34 PM
If odom and fisher weren't in foul trouble the whole game we might've been down 20. If barry doesn't show up, we get blown out. I'm just saying we played and fought all the way to the end, and for people saying we didn't deserve to win is stupid. We did what we needed to do to put ourselves in position to win, and got screwed.

dbestpro
05-28-2008, 12:42 PM

If I was looking for ways to feel better I would not include the Spurs as part of the crap finals of all time. I also agree with you that the season was not much better. On any other year the Lakers are a 500 team and looking for the 8th spot. The Lakers vs the Celtics in the finals this year is the same as the Supersonics vs the Wizards next year in record camparison.

I don't buy into the "fix" theory but I've been around enough to know bad basketball when I see it. I felt the same way when we beat the Hornets.
I'll feel the same way when we beat you in 7.

DM28
05-28-2008, 12:48 PM
That's funny because go through the threads and I have stated over and over again that I do not hate the Lakers.

Kobe is an awesome player has a decent supporting cast.

Do I think that the Spurs are a better team than the Lakers? Yes.

Has it showed in the series? Only in game 3.

I'll always give credit when credit is due, but if the damn Spurs had hustled (ie prevented 2nd chance points, offensive rebounds), then they would not have played uphill the entire game like they did last night.

The Lakers are not playing 100%, but 3 out of 4 games this series, they have outplayed the Spurs.

Do you really think the Spurs are better? Really? Lose after holding a 20 point lead....lose while being blown out by 30.....lose at home. What else does it take? THE LAKERS ARE THE BETTER TEAM...PERIOD. The Spurs were better in game 3...yes. Unfortunately for Spur's fans, the Lakers were better in the other 3. That's why it's a 7 game series. BEST OF SEVEN...remember? Even though it appears the Lakers are only going to need 5 to show who the BEST really is. Have a nice summer, don't forget Bynum will be back next year. You're tired old team has seen it's last championship for many years to come!! :lmao

jman3000
05-28-2008, 12:54 PM
o... so YOURE the one they sent to apologize for them... at least this makes it official.

DDS4
05-28-2008, 01:06 PM
Unfortunately, the threat of elimination is the only thing that gets the Spurs to play.

Oh by the way, someone light a fire under Horry and Fin's ass right now.

boommic
05-28-2008, 01:24 PM
i hope all you motherfuckers get eye cancer. fucking trolls

Stay classy San Antonio!

spursfan09
05-28-2008, 01:33 PM
Get over it! What you are seeing is the rise of another Laker dynasty... period. When the playoffs first started, everyone 1 through 8 was a toss up. We killed the Thuggets. Then everyone start saying... well the Thuggets arent a good team. Second round began and people were saying... The Jazz wont lose at home. We finished them at their home. Then people start saying the Jazz dont have a good team.... "wait until the Lakers play the Spurs or the Hornets." Now that we are up 3-1 to the Spurs... you have some people that still dont want to give credit to this exciting Laker team. Well I have news for you... THE SPURS ARE DONE!!! Half of their team is over 35, and that explains why they are getting out hustled.

I know its a hard... nut... to swallow, but this is a new day, and some of you just cant understand how the Lakers keep pounding away at these championships. Its almost like we dont deserve it, or not even fair. But this is why Laker fans are so insane about our team. Were just simply amazing!:lol

:lol wow there is some serious self ego stroking.

Say-Townbball
05-28-2008, 02:53 PM
Spurs in 7.
One at a time.

It was because of their lack of hustle when it was needed. True, they did play the game for the full 48, HOWEVER, that extra hustle would've been the difference in the game. Less offensive rebounds/2nd chance points for the Lakers...I saw glimpses of energy and momentum here and there, but it did not show the full 48, as in Game 3. It was like there was a spark, and the lakers kept blowing it out.

Granted...the Lakers are a good team. The Spurs are a good team. Unfortunately, 3 out of the 4 games the Lakers have outplayed us. As I've said over and over and over...if this was a 1st or 2nd round series, it would be a different game than what we've been seeing. Whether it's because the Spurs are running out of gas or just not playing Spurs basketball for a full 48, the Lakers are still not playing at THEIR PRIME.

In the moment, the Lakers are the better team. Overall...the Spurs take 'em. So Laker fans, keep being trashy and flap your jaws.....count your chickens before they hatch....us Spurs fans can still have faith that the Spurs will persevere and do the damn thing.

If the Lakers DO get to the Finals...then yes, you were the better team of the SERIES. Most of us true Spurs' fans will be able to man the fuck up and admit that.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-28-2008, 03:21 PM
nice I was having a good working afternoon and happened to stumble against this pathetic thread.

SenorSpur
05-28-2008, 03:25 PM

C'mon man! This is like the Orlando Magic proclaiming that THEY were the better team after the Pistons beat them 4-1. The better team usually wins in a 7-game series. If the Fakers prevail, you've gotta give them their props - no matter what your heart says.