PDA

View Full Version : A rested Spurs team...

rAm
05-28-2008, 11:23 AM
wins this series 100%.

temujin
05-28-2008, 11:25 AM
ARrested Spurs team?

For doing what?

Nah, Stern doesn't need to do that.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-28-2008, 11:26 AM
Hard to sympathize with SA when they couldn't even get a lead on their own home floor.

This is the playoffs, there is no time allowed for rest. Had the Spurs not blown game 1, we would've been in a much nicer position to pull off the upset in this series.

At this point, we should just be happy the Spurs played well in the most competitive western conference in NBA history.

Ghost Writer
05-28-2008, 11:26 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97253

Say-Townbball
05-28-2008, 11:40 AM
Hard to sympathize with SA when they couldn't even get a lead on their own home floor.

This is the playoffs, there is no time allowed for rest. Had the Spurs not blown game 1, we would've been in a much nicer position to pull off the upset in this series.

At this point, we should just be happy the Spurs played well in the most competitive western conference in NBA history.

Agreed.

SenorSpur
05-28-2008, 12:04 PM
A rested, and hopefully younger, Spurs team will be on display this coming Nov.

mexicanjunior
05-28-2008, 12:17 PM

Agreed...they played above their heads to even get to this point...

WCFBaby
05-28-2008, 12:20 PM
wins this series 100%.

LMAO! A Lakers team with Bynum sweeps this series....easy.

xtremesteven33
05-28-2008, 12:23 PM
Spurs withouth question had the TOUGHEST road in the playoffs. i dont think many teams wouldve made it as far as the spurs have and still have a shot to make it to the Finals. IF somehow they win this series it would be one of the greatest accomplishments in Sports history.

Suns in 5
Hornets in 7 (no HCA)
Lakers in 7 (no HCA)

incredible

WCFBaby
05-28-2008, 12:24 PM
Spurs withouth question had the TOUGHEST road in the playoffs. i dont think many teams wouldve made it as far as the spurs have and still have a shot to make it to the Finals. IF somehow they win this series it would be one of the greatest accomplishments in Sports history.
Suns in 5
Hornets in 7 (no HCA)
Lakers in 7 (no HCA)

incredible

Says some whiney spurs fan. LMAO!! You guys are hilarious!

rAm
05-28-2008, 12:27 PM

It's easy to talk when your team had to go through a Drunk Denver team and a Boozerless Utah team.

xtremesteven33
05-28-2008, 12:28 PM

how is that whiney? i said they lost the game, no excuses. but hypotheticly if they were to win, it would be one of the all times greats....idiot

rAm
05-28-2008, 12:28 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97253

Thanks for bumping my thread.

nkdlunch
05-28-2008, 12:29 PM
this is the playoffs. ifs don't mean shit.

xtremesteven33
05-28-2008, 12:31 PM
this is the playoffs. ifs don't mean shit.

what is so hard to get the hypothetical statement people.....they still have a chance to make history. u think theyre gonna lay down and die?

kungfu
05-28-2008, 01:00 PM
Spurs are a good team, but the Lakers tempo vs Spurs are a mismatch in favor of the Lakers... unlike when Shaq was with the Lakers that's when the tempo was much slower. Spurs play well against teams with slower tempo from what I have observed.

DazedAndConfused
05-28-2008, 01:07 PM
You guys are no better than Suns fans. Proceed with the whining.

dbreiden83080
05-28-2008, 01:07 PM
Maybe but so what, it didn't happen

urunobili
05-28-2008, 01:09 PM
a rested Spur team would win this series in 5... with a Kobe miracle in 6...

DazedAndConfused
05-28-2008, 01:15 PM
Well if we had Andrew Bynum none of this would matter. Woulda-coulda-shoulda games are for losers.

timothy bryce
05-28-2008, 01:17 PM
Is rest now the latest excuse?

Spur Spoiler
05-28-2008, 01:33 PM
wins this series 100%.

You should have closed out NO sooner and you would have had the rest.

No excuses loser. If we had Bynum if if if if...........

boommic
05-28-2008, 01:39 PM
A rested, and hopefully younger, Spurs team will be on display this coming Nov.

Umm, how are they going to get younger? With the 24th pick in the draft? By trading one of their role players? Good luck with that!

boommic
05-28-2008, 01:43 PM
what is so hard to get the hypothetical statement people.....they still have a chance to make history. u think theyre gonna lay down and die?

Considering the rest of the games are every other day, it's quite an uphill road for Timmy and the senior citizens to climb. The Spurs looked hella tired last night in the 4th, what makes you think that will change? And their spirits have to be almost crushed at this point.

Spurminator
05-28-2008, 01:45 PM
Part of being a Champion is the ability to play at a high level after 90+ games. Every Champion in the modern era has had to do this. Lack of rest is not a good excuse because it's a part of the game.

ace3g
05-28-2008, 01:48 PM
Well if we had Andrew Bynum none of this would matter. Woulda-coulda-shoulda games are for losers.

if you had Bynum you wouldn't have Gasol, simple as that

Spur Spoiler
05-28-2008, 01:52 PM
if you had Bynum you wouldn't have Gasol, simple as that

No if's, should of's, could of's

stories - blah blah blah

results - 3-1 in the WCF

rAm
05-28-2008, 01:52 PM
Considering the rest of the games are every other day, it's quite an uphill road for Timmy and the senior citizens to climb. The Spurs looked hella tired last night in the 4th, what makes you think that will change? And their spirits have to be almost crushed at this point.

You say "hella" and consider yourself a Laker fan? GTFO you norcal gay.

rAm
05-28-2008, 01:53 PM

If you had Bynum, what makes you think he would have continued his play throughout the season, or even better yet late in the playoff's in the WCF.

He would have gotten owned.

stealth21
05-28-2008, 01:57 PM

When did Bynum turn into Michael Jordan? He still wouldn't have bailed out your team against a rested and healthy Spurs team.
Just enjoy your cheap ass wins and go back to your hole.

NoMoneyDown
05-28-2008, 02:01 PM
You guys are no better than Suns fans. Proceed with the whining.

So sayeth a Lakers fan with almost 4k posts on a Spurs' message board.

DazedAndConfused
05-28-2008, 02:06 PM
I will enjoy these wins and watching my Lakers in the Finals why your team is gone fishing.

You guys are no better than the Suns fans.

rAm
05-28-2008, 02:10 PM
I will enjoy these wins and watching my Lakers in the Finals why your team is gone fishing.

and you are no better than rocket fans. oh wait... you ARE a rocket fan.

ctown916
05-28-2008, 02:12 PM

I have to admit i never thought id see the day where spurs fans are playing the "what if" game. And all this after they bashed the mavs and suns fans over the years...Can you say hypocrite?

ace3g
05-28-2008, 02:15 PM
I am not playing the what if game, the Lakers said what if we had Bynum, which he was assuming that if he had Bynum they would also have Gasol and a line up of Fisher, Kobe, Odom, Gasol, Bynum

I responded: if you had Bynum you wouldn't have Gasol, simple as that; because the simple fact is that the Lakers got Gasol because they needed a Center, if Bynum was healthy, no Gasol

so I am not playing the if/what game just the honest truth game

ctown916
05-28-2008, 02:20 PM
I am not playing the what if game, the Lakers said what if we had Bynum, which he was assuming that if he had Bynum they would also have Gasol and a line up of Fisher, Kobe, Odom, Gasol, Bynum

I responded: if you had Bynum you wouldn't have Gasol, simple as that; because the simple fact is that the Lakers got Gasol because they needed a Center, if Bynum was healthy, no Gasol

so I am not playing the if/what game just the honest truth game

Well i was responding to the threadstarter. "If the spurs werent tired"? lol is he serious? Thats gonna be the excuse? I mean why cant fans just man up and say hey we lost to a better team. And if you go back and look at old posts all the spurs fans bash the suns for complaining about the foul on nash last year. Why are they not allowed to complain and make up excuses yet the spurs fans can? answer me that...

ace3g
05-28-2008, 02:29 PM
It wasn't Horry's faul that Diaw and Amare got up off the bench and didn't follow the rules by staying behind the bench line. (Didn't see any Spurs players getting off the bench to start anything) Is it the Spurs fault that Nash over reacted when he hit the wall, which made the hit seem worse off then it was which caused Diaw and Amare to get off the bench.

The Spurs are tired , not an excuse just the truth. We had to wait 4 days inbetween game 6 and 7 (dumbest scheduling ever) and then only 1 day in between Semi's and Conference Finals, should be the other way around.

ehz33satx
05-28-2008, 02:35 PM
This is the playoffs, there is no time allowed for rest.

Its a lot easier road when you are not coming off 2 tough 7 game series. It would have been nice to be chilling like the Lakers with 5 days off, not 1 day off and having to spend the evening on an airport tarmac. So yes rest, or the lack of, is a factor also.

ctown916
05-28-2008, 02:36 PM
It wasn't Horry's faul that Diaw and Amare got up off the bench and didn't follow the rules by staying behind the bench line. (Didn't see any Spurs players getting off the bench to start anything) Is it the Spurs fault that Nash over reacted when he hit the wall, which made the hit seem worse off then it was which caused Diaw and Amare to get off the bench.

The Spurs are tired , not an excuse just the truth. We had to wait 4 days inbetween game 6 and 7 (dumbest scheduling ever) and then only 1 day in between Semi's and Conference Finals, should be the other way around.

But it was Horrys cheap shot that started it all. Bottom line is that you cant admit the lakers are a better team and that youre losing fair and square. So if the cletics lose to the pistons are Boston fans allowed to use the "tired" excuse as well since they went to game 7's? Twice?

DazedAndConfused
05-28-2008, 03:19 PM
If the Spurs wanted rest they should have closed the NOH series out earlier. If the Spurs wanted an easier path in the playoffs they should have tried harder in the regular season. If the Spurs didn't want their season decided by a ref call they should have tried harder in last night's game.

The Spurs have decided their fate.

urunobili
05-28-2008, 03:19 PM
If the Spurs wanted rest they should have closed the NOH series out earlier. If the Spurs wanted an easier path in the playoffs they should have tried harder in the regular season. If the Spurs didn't want their season decided by a ref call they should have tried harder in last night's game.

The Spurs have decided their fate.
and it's not over YET... :flag:

ctown916
05-28-2008, 03:28 PM
Its a lot easier road when you are not coming off 2 tough 7 game series. It would have been nice to be chilling like the Lakers with 5 days off, not 1 day off and having to spend the evening on an airport tarmac. So yes rest, or the lack of, is a factor also.

HAHAHA so its the Lakers fault that the spurs couldnt close out their series earlier? lol ive lost all respect for spurs fans..The complaining and excuses is getting bad.l

ether
05-29-2008, 11:29 AM
wins this series 100%.

Excuses! How nice.

sedale threatt
05-29-2008, 11:31 AM
let's drop this "toughest road" nonsense. anyone who thinks new orleans is tougher than utah doesn't understand playoff basketball.

Spurminator
05-29-2008, 11:32 AM
Excuses! How nice.

Why did you bump this thread? Are you so desperate to read Spurs fans lamenting a loss that you go back three or four pages to claim Spurs fans are making excuses?

Don't complain about excuse-making on a Spurs board when it's clearly such must-read material for you.

sedale threatt
05-29-2008, 11:34 AM
last year, if i remember, the spurs also had the "toughest road" to the western finals. it went through denver and utah, kind of like what the lakers just did. the only tough series the spurs have had is the one they're getting hammered in right now.