PDA

View Full Version : SAtown named in top 5 most friendliest cities

lebomb
05-28-2008, 11:55 AM
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/24843322/?GT1=43001

:toast Heres to you hometown!!!

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-28-2008, 12:02 PM
I will always remember my first date with an ex-girlfriend from Dallas.

While we were hanging out downtown, she told me she'd always remember being pleasantly surprised at how nice people were to her when she moved to SA.

lebomb
05-28-2008, 12:06 PM
I went to LA awhile back.....I was just walking in a mall and said hello to someone.......they didnt say anything and looked at me like I was coo-coo. TOTALLY unfriendly place in my opinion.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
05-28-2008, 12:12 PM

While we were hanging out downtown, she told me she'd always remember being pleasantly surprised at how nice people were to her when she moved to SA.

37? In a row?

samikeyp
05-28-2008, 12:19 PM
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/24843322/?GT1=43001

:toast Heres to you hometown!!!

:toast

MoSpur
05-28-2008, 12:22 PM
I have always thought of S.A as friendly.

jman3000
05-28-2008, 12:45 PM

dallas?

fuck that bitch.

AlamoSpursFan
05-28-2008, 12:58 PM
The 5 friendliest cities I've visited (not counting SA):

Pittsburgh, PA
Indianapolis, IN
Tuscaloosa, AL
Bristol, TN/VA
Coldwater, MI

katyon6th
05-28-2008, 01:06 PM
37? In a row?

Ha. In his wildest dreams.

peewee's lovechild
05-28-2008, 01:21 PM
fuck that bitch.

That's probably what he was doing.

jman3000
05-28-2008, 01:25 PM
i thought everyone knew blaze was a virgin?

midgetonadonkey
05-28-2008, 01:28 PM
Blaze and Trainwreck should start a club.

to21
05-28-2008, 01:42 PM
I would have like it better if SA had been one of the meanest cities.

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-28-2008, 02:23 PM
37? In a row?

:lmao

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-28-2008, 02:23 PM

See if I get you a gift now.

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-28-2008, 02:24 PM
i thought everyone knew blaze was a virgin?

I'm as much of a virgin as you've taken cock up the ass.

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-28-2008, 02:25 PM
Blaze and Trainwreck should start a club.

Well, we both like the Spurs.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-28-2008, 02:27 PM
I will get Houston onto the list next year by killing anyone I come across who is fucking up the friendly quotient around here. I'm going to be a cross between Charles Bronson and Care Bear.

katyon6th
05-28-2008, 02:29 PM
See if I get you a gift now.

Just sayin'.

Okay, I take it back. Geeeez.

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-28-2008, 02:32 PM
Just sayin'.

Okay, I take it back. Geeeez.

It was gonna be a nice one, too... I was working on a plan and everything.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
05-28-2008, 02:49 PM

In his wildest dreams, his girlfriend will suck 37 dicks pre-JB? In a row?

Solid D
05-29-2008, 12:44 AM
And a few months ago, my wife and I were trying to move a large chair into our home, with much difficulty, and someone driving by stopped, jumped out, grabbed a side, helped us cheerfully, and after a short, energetic conversation, jumped back in his car and we never saw him again.

Dude walked away with the "chair change". Little did he and his wife know! ;)

atxrocker
05-29-2008, 06:22 PM
sweet. i guess this is the silver lining all of SA was waiting for since they've made the list for how fat, drunk and poor they are many years in a row. at least they are friendly.

dallaskd
05-29-2008, 06:43 PM
I love visting SA. New Orleans, LA, New York, and Seattle are by far the cities with the biggest assholes.

Buddy Holly
05-30-2008, 12:02 AM
sweet. i guess this is the silver lining all of SA was waiting for since they've made the list for how fat, drunk and poor they are many years in a row. at least they are friendly.

There's a poor list?

There's obviously a bitter and envious list, you and your city rank near the top annually.

Buddy Holly
05-30-2008, 12:07 AM
they've made the list for how fat, drunk

So people in San Antonio live in a city with friendly people, good food and festive atmosphere with a good night life... as well as a top three fastest growing city ranking and top ten fasting growing metro ranking as well as one of the most recession proof metros in the country and the number two city to relocate to... :wow :toast

I'd be bitter like you too. If I were a retarded jackass like you.

tlongII
05-30-2008, 12:08 AM
Not tonight it ain't.

atxrocker
05-30-2008, 12:09 AM
There's a poor list?

There's obviously a bitter and envious list, you and your city rank near the top annually.

Yeah, Austin is fucking dying to be like San Antonio. Get the fuck out of here.

Buddy Holly
05-30-2008, 12:15 AM

Yeah, Austin is fucking dying to be like San Antonio. Get the fuck out of here.

Then why is your insecurity pouring through my computer screen like water in a broken dam?

Buddy Holly
05-30-2008, 12:23 AM
they've made the list for how fat, drunk

So people in San Antonio live in a city with friendly people, good food and festive atmosphere with a good night life... as well as a top three fastest growing city ranking and top ten fasting growing metro ranking as well as one of the most recession proof metros in the country and the number two city to relocate to... :wow :toast

balli
05-30-2008, 12:36 AM
The broader state of TX, not so much at all, but San Antonio's pretty cool. I thoroughly enjoyed my only visit there.

johnsmith
05-30-2008, 06:49 AM

Dude, shut the fuck up with this shit. No one comes off more insecure and jealous then you do when you defend SA.

And I will be the first to say that SA deserves being one of the friendliest places. However, your "good food" is just code for morbidly obese, your "festive atmosphere" is code for a bunch of fucking drunks, "your good night life", well, I can think of about a dozen cities off the top of my head that I've spent time in and they all kick SA's ass in night life, and the reason it's one of the fastest growing areas is because it's fucking dirt ass cheap to live hear because there is only one and half sides of town that a white, middle/upper class person can live.

So please BH, stick to letting everyone know when the next TGI Friday's will be coming to SA, and stop defending it because you come off as a hypocritical assclown who sounds much more bitter then ATX ever has in this or in any thread.............and therefore, it sort of makes you the retarded jackass now doesn't it?

Buddy Holly
05-30-2008, 08:54 AM
Dude, shut the fuck up with this shit. No one comes off more insecure and jealous then you do when you defend SA.

And I will be the first to say that SA deserves being one of the friendliest places. However, your "good food" is just code for morbidly obese, your "festive atmosphere" is code for a bunch of fucking drunks, "your good night life", well, I can think of about a dozen cities off the top of my head that I've spent time in and they all kick SA's ass in night life, and the reason it's one of the fastest growing areas is because it's fucking dirt ass cheap to live hear because there is only one and half sides of town that a white, middle/upper class person can live.

So please BH, stick to letting everyone know when the next TGI Friday's will be coming to SA, and stop defending it because you come off as a hypocritical assclown who sounds much more bitter then ATX ever has in this or in any thread.............and therefore, it sort of makes you the retarded jackass now doesn't it?

Whatever you say guy. SA is dirt cheap? And you're plain stupid if you believe that. If you believe low cost of living is the only reason people are moving here, you're even more stupid.

Only one and half sides of town that a white, middle class person can live? First, what the hell does that mean? What does race have to do with anything? No need whatsoever for your lame narrow minded and immature ass to bring that up. Second, there is definitely more than one and a half sides of the city for that demographic to live.

John, maybe come up with some new material in the "diss Buddy" category of your life. Your stuff is stale. Seriously, what worthy thing does John Smith offer to this world besides astute views and commentary to SpursTalk.com. I'm quite interested. Are you a scientist? Night time clerk at Valero? Baker? Guy in Uncle Sam outfit holding a sign at busy intersection?

johnsmith
05-30-2008, 09:44 AM
Whatever you say guy. SA is dirt cheap? And you're plain stupid if you believe that. If you believe low cost of living is the only reason people are moving here, you're even more stupid.

Only one and half sides of town that a white, middle class person can live? First, what the hell does that mean? What does race have to do with anything? No need whatsoever for your lame narrow minded and immature ass to bring that up. Second, there is definitely more than one and a half sides of the city for that demographic to live.

John, maybe come up with some new material in the "diss Buddy" category of your life. Your stuff is stale. Seriously, what worthy thing does John Smith offer to this world besides astute views and commentary to SpursTalk.com. I'm quite interested. Are you a scientist? Night time clerk at Valero? Baker? Guy in Uncle Sam outfit holding a sign at busy intersection?

Sweet, the "I know you are but what am I" defense.

If the low cost of living and cheap labor isn't the reason for people moving here, then by all means, please enlighten me..........you'll be wrong, but go right ahead. And if you say it's because corporations are moving here, then that is for the same reason..........it's cheap.

As for the race thing, you're honestly going to try and sit there and tell me there isn't a racial disparity in regards to geographic location in SA? IF that's what you are saying, then GO SOUTH SIDE!!!

Finally, you don't need to know what I do for a living, the only thing you need to know is that I do well, and you are an arrogant dickhead that tries to validate his position in life by posting what are no doubt lies all over the internet............(which I do believe you've been caught doing once on this site already).

Oh, before I forget, GO HIGHEST TEEN PREGNANCY RATE IN AMERICA!!!

Buddy Holly
05-30-2008, 10:12 AM
If the low cost of living and cheap labor isn't the reason for people moving here, then by all means, please enlighten me..........you'll be wrong, but go right ahead. And if you say it's because corporations are moving here, then that is for the same reason..........it's cheap.

Low cost of living plays into it, sure. I never denied that. It's not the only reason by all means. There's a myriad of reasons not one sole thing that is factoring into SA's growth. But just like Florida, you can't just go "Florida's growing so much because of weather." It's not as black and white as that.

I know two recent transplants who moved here within two days of one another for two different reasons. One because of a job the other because he just finished college and thought SA would be a great place to live. The latter who choose SA over Houston and Nashville.

I know people who have moved here for the weather and who have moved here for school, etc.

Economically, the city is doing great. SA continually adds thousands of jobs a month. The unemployment rate is 3.8 percent and dropping. BRAC will add thousands of jobs to the city and drop 10,000-15,000 people in San Antonio by 2010. The construction boom (SA is third in the nation in retail construction behind only Phoenix and Vegas) is only adding to the job numbers.

As for the race thing, you're honestly going to try and sit there and tell me there isn't a racial disparity in regards to geographic location in SA? IF that's what you are saying, then GO SOUTH SIDE!!!

SA's racial make up is almost solely indicative of socio-economics. SA is divided by class not race.

The west side (not far west side), east side and south side are all greatly generational (50+ years)... scratch that, every square inch of land inside 410 is generational as opposed to the newer areas outside of 410.

An area like west San Antonio that was made up of low income and below the poverty line Hispanics 50 years ago is still the same.

An area like east San Antonio that was made up of low income an below the poverty line Blacks 50 years ago is still the same.

And area like south San Antonio that was made up with lower to middle income Hispanics, Whites and Blacks 50 years ago is the same today.

But you never answered me, what does race have to do with anything being discussed in this thread? Besides randomly injecting it into the conversation it had no place. Unless you're the type that needs to bring it up because you see a negative in SA's 51% Hispanic population.

Finally, you don't need to know what I do for a living, the only thing you need to know is that I do well, and you are an arrogant dickhead that tries to validate his position in life by posting what are no doubt lies all over the internet............(which I do believe you've been caught doing once on this site already).

Unless you're a CIA agent under cover as a prepubescent boy who posts on Spurstalk.com there really is no real reason not to state your occupation.

There's basically only two real reasons you can't reveal what you do for work or where you work and that's because you either don't do jack or what you do with not worth posting about.

By the way, I said earlier, it's stale, very stale.

Oh, before I forget, GO HIGHEST TEEN PREGNANCY RATE IN AMERICA!!!

I thought this thread was about San Antonio?

If you couldn't pick up on the sarcasm, SA doesn't have the highest... oh forget it. But good going...