PDA

View Full Version : Who are the favorites to win game 5?

xtremesteven33
05-28-2008, 01:22 PM
now i know people dont like useless threads that make no sense or threads to just post wierd thoughts and vague statements, but this is a legit good question that i want yall to answer.

Who are the favorites to win game 5?

Most will say the Lakers without batting an eye, but really think about the question. Who is under the most pressure in game 5? the spurs? really, and why is that? NOBODY is picking the spurs to win this series anymore right? Everyone is saying that the Lakers will win it. Yes but in how many games? ALL the pressure is on this young Laker team to close out the Spurs at home. I think the Spurs are the favorites to win GAME 5 soley based on all the pressure the Lakers will feel to close it out on thier home court.think about it! ONE game away from the Finals. If you win, you have accomplished one of the best victories in Lakers history by defeating the champs in 5 games and clinch an NBA Finals appearance with a chance to face thier old nemesis the BOSTON CELTICS. if they lose, we could see a very dejected team doing some soul searching and scared for thier life going back to San Antonio, with no championship pedigree as a team to rely on.Yea the Spurs know they need to win, but The Spurs dont feel the pressure this Lakers team feels right now. Spurs will play a whole lot better than they did in game 4, you can bet on it.

KHRIS
05-28-2008, 01:23 PM
The team that hasnt lost a home game this year in the playoffs.

peewee's lovechild
05-28-2008, 01:24 PM
The Spurs will win out the rest of the way.

xtremesteven33
05-28-2008, 01:25 PM
The team that hasnt lost a home game this year in the playoffs.

neither did the spurs. and they lost. anything can happen man. and pressure from LA and the NBA to close it out tonight is heavy.

dbreiden83080
05-28-2008, 01:26 PM
The Lakers by a lot. My confidence Spurs are going to win this game after last night is sadly in the toilet.

LakeShow
05-28-2008, 01:27 PM
now i know people dont like useless threads that make no sense or threads to just post wierd thoughts and vague statements, but this is a legit good question that i want yall to answer.

Who are the favorites to win game 5?

Most will say the Lakers without batting an eye, but really think about the question. Who is under the most pressure in game 5? the spurs? really, and why is that? NOBODY is picking the spurs to win this series anymore right? Everyone is saying that the Lakers will win it. Yes but in how many games? ALL the pressure is on this young Laker team to close out the Spurs at home. I think the Spurs are the favorites to win GAME 5 soley based on all the pressure the Lakers will feel to close it out on thier home court.think about it! ONE game away from the Finals. If you win, you have accomplished one of the best victories in Lakers history by defeating the champs in 5 games and clinch an NBA Finals appearance with a chance to face thier old nemesis the BOSTON CELTICS. if they lose, we could see a very dejected team doing some soul searching and scared for thier life going back to San Antonio, with no championship pedigree as a team to rely on.Yea the Spurs know they need to win, but The Spurs dont feel the pressure this Lakers team feels right now. Spurs will play a whole lot better than they did in game 4, you can bet on it.

:wow I disagree. All of the pressure is on the Spurs. They face elimination, not the lakers.

KHRIS
05-28-2008, 01:27 PM
neither did the spurs. and they lost. anything can happen man. and pressure from LA and the NBA to close it out tonight is heavy.

Good point but the Lakers have been very good at home. The whole team plays good unlike the road games. :wakeup

Phil Hellmuth
05-28-2008, 01:28 PM
To Vegas, Lakers are 8 point favorites.

LA24
05-28-2008, 01:29 PM
ALL the pressure is on this young Laker team to close out the Spurs at home. I think the Spurs are the favorites to win GAME 5 soley based on all the pressure the Lakers will feel to close it out on thier home court.think about it!

Lakers are playing game 5 at home with a 3-1 lead. I don't think the pressure for game 5 will be any greater than it was for game 4. In fact, imo, this game will probably be the least pressure felt game for the Lakers out of all the games played so far.

If there should be a game 6, that will be a whole 'nother story.

xtremesteven33
05-28-2008, 01:32 PM
Lakers are playing game 5 at home with a 3-1 lead. I don't think the pressure for game 5 will be any greater than it was for game 4. In fact, imo, this game will probably be the least pressure felt game for the Lakers out of all the games played so far.

If there should be a game 6, that will be a whole 'nother story.

I totally disagree. they asked the team how do they view game 5. they all said they view it as a "game 7". if you put a game on that high a petistool and you fail, you set yourself up for doubts as a team and even more pressure to win on the road which is much more tougher against a championship team.

fyatuk
05-28-2008, 01:36 PM
Obviously the Lakers are the favorites. Having won 3 games, including one on the road and one coming back from a 20 pt second half deficit, combined with the Spurs poor play and being at Staples means the Lakers should be solid favorites.

Spurs will win game 5 though.

LA24
05-28-2008, 01:43 PM
Lakers have 3 shots to hit the bulls eye once. Meanwhile, the Spurs have to hit the bulls eye 3x in a row w/out missing. At this point, the pressure is actually on the Spurs not on the Lakers. LA has more of a breathing room right now. Psychologically speaking, they can be more relaxed. Of course that doesn't mean they should take the foot off the gas pedal by any means.

Budkin
05-28-2008, 01:51 PM
Spurs.

xtremesteven33
05-28-2008, 01:52 PM
Lakers have 3 shots to hit the bulls eye once. Meanwhile, the Spurs have to hit the bulls eye 3x in a row w/out missing. At this point, the pressure is actually on the Spurs not on the Lakers. LA has more of a breathing room right now. Psychologically speaking, they can be more relaxed. Of course that doesn't mean they should take the foot off the gas pedal by any means.

GAME 5 is more pressure on Lakers to win. nobody is expecting the spurs to win, EVERYONE is expecting the Lakers to close this out.

thats what im saying

MarceloM!
05-28-2008, 01:54 PM
To say the truth... lakers are the favorites. It's not my desire, but we must get over it. Be objetive.

kace
05-28-2008, 01:59 PM
favorite ? LA. winner : SA

LA24
05-28-2008, 02:02 PM
nobody is expecting the spurs to win, EVERYONE is expecting the Lakers to close this out.

thats what im saying

We're talking about "pressure" here right ? There is no way a team that is up 3-1 can feel more pressure than a team that's down 1-3. You say that nobody is expecting the Spurs to win. But I can guarantee you that the Spurs players don't want to go on vacation just yet. They're one loss from elimination. They know they "have" to bring it. That's pressure.

If this was game 6, then I'd more inclined to agree with you.

xtremesteven33
05-28-2008, 02:02 PM
To say the truth... lakers are the favorites. It's not my desire, but we must get over it. Be objetive.

im very objective. im just saying that for a young Lakers team they NEED to close this game out tonight. they said it themselves.

LA24
05-28-2008, 02:05 PM
im very objective. im just saying that for a young Lakers team they NEED to close this game out tonight. they said it themselves.

But unlike the Spurs, it's not a "do or die" situation. That's a very big difference. Lakers aren't going to feel much pressure unless they find themselves in a game 6. I can guarantee you that the Laker players will be less tense in game 5 then the Spurs players. They'll most likely sleep a bit better tonight as well.

xtremesteven33
05-28-2008, 02:10 PM
But unlike the Spurs, it's not a "do or die" situation. That's a very big difference. Lakers aren't going to feel much pressure unless they find themselves in a game 6. I can guarantee you that the Laker players will be less tense in game 5 then the Spurs players. They'll most likely sleep a bit better tonight as well.

Spurs have come back to force a game 7 before. Mavericks in 2006. they know they can do this if they play with very minimal errors. meanwhile, the lakers neither can afford to lose game 5 and go to SA with basically thier season on the line as well not wanting to go against a veteran team like san antonio.

MarceloM!
05-28-2008, 02:40 PM

OK. It's hard getting over it , they just need to win 1 and we need to win 3! fuck!

jaysmooth422
05-28-2008, 03:00 PM
:wow I disagree. All of the pressure is on the Spurs. They face elimination, not the lakers.

SO THATS EVEN BETTER THE LAKERS WILL COME INTO THIS GAME COMFORTABLE AND THE SPURS WILL LET HELL LOSE IN LA