PDA

View Full Version : Popovich call Spurs a WNBA team

acidsmoke86
05-28-2008, 04:25 PM
SAN ANTONIO, TX — Things are not looking good for the defending NBA Champion San Antonio Spurs.

“I’ve always said that we’re a fundamentally sound team, and if fans don’t find that interesting it’s their problem,” said head coach Greg Popovich. “But having to sit through practice this morning was brutal. I mean, it felt like I was watching a fucking WNBA game. Good God – I called it a day so I could go watch paint dry. Not really, but you get my point.”

Popovich told press he cancelled practice after less than an hour when he and two assistant coaches fell asleep. Forward Tim Duncan said he was worried Popovich had gone into a coma.

“He went out like a light,” Duncan said. “Everything seemed normal – but then maybe that was the problem. We were just beginning the flopping section of our practice, and he just literally fell out of his chair.

“Pop seemed kind of upset when we woke him up. I asked if he wanted to watch me practice my bank shot for 20 or 30 minutes – that usually cheers him up, but he just cancelled the rest of practice.”

Despite the less-than-ideal practice and general lack of preparation, none of the Spurs thought it would hurt them in tonight’s game against the Lakers.

“If anything, we can use this to our advantage,” said Manu Ginobli. “We start to lull them to sleep, and then BOOM! – we lull them to sleep some more.

Popovich said he would be sure to drink a ridiculous amount of caffeine before tonight’s game, despite warnings from his doctor.

“It’s either a four-pack of Red Bull every 15 minutes or we play an up-tempo game,” he said. “And I don’t think we’ll be running many fast breaks tonight.”

SpursFan0728
05-28-2008, 04:26 PM
fuck off

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-28-2008, 04:27 PM
SAN ANTONIO, TX — Things are not looking good for the defending NBA Champion San Antonio Spurs.

“I’ve always said that we’re a fundamentally sound team, and if fans don’t find that interesting it’s their problem,” said head coach Greg Popovich. “But having to sit through practice this morning was brutal. I mean, it felt like I was watching a fucking WNBA game. Good God – I called it a day so I could go watch paint dry. Not really, but you get my point.”

Popovich told press he cancelled practice after less than an hour when he and two assistant coaches fell asleep. Forward Tim Duncan said he was worried Popovich had gone into a coma.

“He went out like a light,” Duncan said. “Everything seemed normal – but then maybe that was the problem. We were just beginning the flopping section of our practice, and he just literally fell out of his chair.

“Pop seemed kind of upset when we woke him up. I asked if he wanted to watch me practice my bank shot for 20 or 30 minutes – that usually cheers him up, but he just cancelled the rest of practice.”

Despite the less-than-ideal practice and general lack of preparation, none of the Spurs thought it would hurt them in tonight’s game against the Lakers.

“If anything, we can use this to our advantage,” said Manu Ginobli. “We start to lull them to sleep, and then BOOM! – we lull them to sleep some more.

Popovich said he would be sure to drink a ridiculous amount of caffeine before tonight’s game, despite warnings from his doctor.

“It’s either a four-pack of Red Bull every 15 minutes or we play an up-tempo game,” he said. “And I don’t think we’ll be running many fast breaks tonight.”

Troll job killed in 5 seconds.

pooh
05-28-2008, 04:28 PM
But it's funny though, have to admit that.

MadDog73
05-28-2008, 04:30 PM
It's not bad actually.

Kind of funny.

Still, kicking a team when they're down?

ChumpDumper
05-28-2008, 04:31 PM
But it's funny though, have to admit that.I think the story of your becoming a Pacer fan would be funnier.

TheProfessor
But it's funny though, have to admit that.
No, pretty lame, actually. Onion does Spurs' parody much better.

rAm
hahaha, I liked this part.

IronMexican
05-28-2008, 04:32 PM
I think he is trying the Phil Jackson treatment. phil does this to Pau like every round.

Spurminator
05-28-2008, 04:35 PM
Cleverly written but the premise is unimaginative. Find something to satirize about the Spurs that hasn't been beaten into the ground for the last decade and you've got a winner. :tu

jokyfo
05-28-2008, 04:38 PM
The San Anphonio Sterns never had a dynasty. They have never won even 2 in a row.

You have to at least repeat as champs and defend your title sucessfully to even be considered to have a dynasty.

NO DYNASTY!

jag
05-28-2008, 04:40 PM
"We were just beginning the flopping section of our practice"

:lol

EJK5032
05-28-2008, 04:45 PM
The Onion strikes again ?

that actually was pretty effen funny.

Spurs in 7 !!!

turiaf for president
05-28-2008, 04:51 PM
lol

sedale threatt
05-28-2008, 05:22 PM
lakers have been playing us so tight we don't even have room to flop!