PDA

View Full Version : Execution date set for San Antonio Man

BigZak
05-28-2008, 04:39 PM
I used to eat at this place all the time as it is just off of Rittimin where i used to work...that was a damn sad day as me and my friends knew the people who worked at this restaurant pretty well...

I'm glad this guy is walking the mile soon...warms my heart...

---------------------------------------

link
(http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/metro/stories/MYSA052808.execset4saman.en.39fac7e7.html)

The execution date of a 27-year-old man convicted of the March 2002 slayings of three employees of a popular Korean restaurant has been scheduled for October 16.

The brief court appearance this morning was interrupted when Kevin Michael Watts--convicted in 2003 of the killings of Hak Po Kim, 30, the son of the restaurant owner, and two cooks, Yuan Tzu Banks, 52, and Chae Sun Shook, 59, and the sexual assault of Kim's wife--erupted in court, shouting and swearing at District Judge Sid Harle.

"You white folks have been doing this [expletive] for years," he said, before he was removed from the 226th District Courtroom. Family members were also ordered to leave after they, too, began shouting.

Moments later, Watts returned to the courtroom, but the belligerence resumed. Still, Harle spoke over Watts, setting his execution date for October.

A Bexar County jury ordered Watts to death row for the execution-style killings during a holdup involving $100 at the Sam Won Garden restaurant. The 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals upheld his conviction last year.

Evidence at his trial showed that he ordered his victims to their knees at gunpoint before shooting them in the back of the head. A fourth victim, Kim's wife of two months, then was abducted and driven in her husband's SUV to the San Antonio apartment of Watts' mother-in-law, where, court documents said, she was tortured, repeatedly sodomized and forced to ingest narcotics.

Acting on a telephone tip from someone who saw a media report about the slayings and the missing vehicle, police arrested Watts -- but only after he tried to escape by ramming the stolen SUV into two police cars.

Watts, 22 at at the time of the killings, was unemployed and had been in and out of jail for misdemeanor convictions several times since he was teen.

Defense lawyers didn't deny he was responsible for the killings but tried at his trial to show that his behavior was the result of childhood sexual molestation, substance abuse and impaired decision-making capacity. In earlier appeals, his lawyers unsuccessfully argued that the trial judge refused to allow a witness to fully testify about those mitigating circumstances and behavior that led to the slayings.

mouse
05-28-2008, 04:47 PM
I wonder what his last meal will be....................

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-28-2008, 04:51 PM
There's video at one of those other local Web sites.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-28-2008, 05:02 PM

a bullet?... what can I say... one can hope

Cartman
05-28-2008, 05:05 PM
I am sure some tree huggers like RuffNReady will chime in on how it's wrong to kill!

MaNuMaNiAc
05-28-2008, 05:12 PM
I am sure some tree huggers like RuffNReady will chime in on how it's wrong to kill!

I'm against the death penalty, but sometimes I get the feeling that some people just don't deserve to be alive. My problem with the death penalty is that today's justice system isn't flawless enough to assure no innocent person will get the death sentence. Given that there is no absolute certainty of guilt, then the death penalty shouldn't exist, simple as that.

peewee's lovechild
05-29-2008, 07:24 AM

Sodium Chloride.

peewee's lovechild
05-29-2008, 07:30 AM
Kevin Michael Watts

You have no idea how glad I am that it wasn't a Juan Gonzalez or anything like that.

mrsmaalox
05-29-2008, 07:44 AM
Sodium Chloride.

I think they use sodium pentathol, not salt water.

peewee's lovechild
05-29-2008, 07:45 AM
I think they use sodium pentathol, not salt water.

It has sodium.

mrsmaalox
05-29-2008, 07:58 AM
Close enough for government work.

lebomb
05-29-2008, 09:18 AM
I saw the video........how and the fugg can his family as well as himself feel like they are being done wrong? What the hell did they want......for him to be released?

Also, Im a black guy, and I hated to hear this idiot go to the race card because he got the death penalty. Some people are just idiots......his family is stupid as well. :rolleyes

Don Quixote
05-29-2008, 10:29 AM
I'm against the death penalty, but sometimes I get the feeling that some people just don't deserve to be alive. My problem with the death penalty is that today's justice system isn't flawless enough to assure no innocent person will get the death sentence. Given that there is no absolute certainty of guilt, then the death penalty shouldn't exist, simple as that.

That's actually a pretty good argument. I'm still for the death penalty, but I'd say that's one of the stronger arguments against it.

lebomb
05-29-2008, 10:32 AM
Usually the evidence is overwhelming when it comes to the death penalty. I would say being placed in jail to serve time is more the case of no absolute certainty of guilt than the death penalty.

Jimcs50
05-29-2008, 12:13 PM
This fucker and his family give black people a bad name, unfortunately.

Kill the bastard......

lebomb
05-29-2008, 12:25 PM
This fucker and his family give black people a bad name, unfortunately.

Kill the bastard......

No kidding........I was like :pctoss when I saw them act like fools in court.

thispego
05-29-2008, 12:59 PM
There's video at one of those other local Web sites.

where?

BigZak
05-29-2008, 04:54 PM
ksat! and yeah, i want Ursala...