PDA

View Full Version : time to start BARRY!

Joe Schmoogins
05-28-2008, 05:22 PM
It's time to start Barry, and hope that his presence can help the Spurs find a quick offensive groove that will carry throughout the rest of the game. The D will always be there, and we are pretty consistent with it on a game by game basis. However, it's our offense that consistently struggles and has determined whether or not we've been able to win lately. It's important we get off to a good start in game 5, or we are pretty much toast.

I'm sick and tired of starting each game in an instant 7-10 point deficit. The last couple games Pop has started Finley to see if he has anything to give. Both games the Spurs found themselves in an early hole, and Pop was forced to call early timeouts and bring in Manu. It's as if we give Finley about 3-4 minutes to start, let the Lakers jump to an early lead, then take him out and start trying to play for real. It's maddening.

I say we start:
Parker
Barry
Bowen
Duncan
Oberto

Keep the rest of the bench minutes fairly similar, but give a few more minutes to Udoka, only use Finley if we are struggling for answers, and use Thomas to give Duncan a bit more rest if possible. I'd avoid small ball unless Udoka is in to help board.

We can win game 5, and starting Barry is a step in the right direction. Let it all hang out and do whatever is necessary to win, because that's all that matters at this point.

xtremesteven33
05-28-2008, 05:23 PM
i completely absolutely agree 100%

said7
05-28-2008, 05:52 PM
Starting the game is grossly overrated. Just make sure he gets his minutes and its all good.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-28-2008, 05:54 PM
He doesn't need to start, but if the Spurs feel Manu should still come off the bench, it better be for Brent.

ChickHearnMic
05-28-2008, 06:38 PM
Start Barry ????? Screw That!!!!!!

START MANU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe Schmoogins
05-28-2008, 07:03 PM
Starting the game is grossly overrated. Just make sure he gets his minutes and its all good.

The benefit of starting him is to get the offense flowing early... He helps us get rolling as much as anyone on the team. And we can't afford an early deficit in game 5 and allow the Lakers and their fans to gain confidence and momentum.

bigfundamental21
05-28-2008, 07:54 PM
We need to start someone other than Finley, who his obviously struggling. Whether Manu starts and Barry is first off the bench or vice versa. We need offense!

sprrs
05-28-2008, 07:59 PM
Brent doesn't have to start, as long as Finley doesn't.

In fact, Finley shouldn't play at all.

Emanuel20
05-28-2008, 08:00 PM
Brent doesn't have to start, as long as Finley doesn't.

In fact, Finley shouldn't play at all.

As long as Finley does not play, I am fine with whatever...

VaSpursFan
05-28-2008, 08:01 PM
i don't care who the hell starts and i love Findog, but he needs to be the 12th man in this series just ahead of bonner. horry needs to shoot, i don't fucking care if he misses, just shoot the damn ball. he's not helping us when he hesitates. also, no more udoka on kobe.

mrspurs
05-28-2008, 08:03 PM
when we are searching for names to start, its sad to say but it means we have needed help in the guard position for sometime now, mostly this season...ill hope and pray for my spurs tonight, but i know next season we need to make so so many changes..starting at the guard then immediately at center..we might still get a couple of yrs of bowen and duncan, or course manu and tony...after that imo everyones head is choppable....... go spurs go.....

PDXSpursFan
05-28-2008, 08:17 PM
It doesn't matter if Ginobili or Barry starts. But those are the only players that should play at at SG. Either one can be the hot hand on Game 5. But if Pop decide to start Finley, he might as well start Vaughn & Bonner and call it the beginning of fishing season.