PDA

View Full Version : If the Lakers win the title...

tlongII
05-28-2008, 05:26 PM
will they be the worst NBA champion of the last 20 years? This is not that good of a team. Kobe is great, no question. But Pau Gasol at center? Lamar Odom at power forward? Derek Fisher at starting point guard? Sasha effing Vujacic? Give me a fucking break! My Blazers of the early 90's would crush these guys! I can't wait until next year when my boys expose them for the frauds that they are!

tlongII
05-28-2008, 05:40 PM
We're comin to get ya!

Dopey310
05-28-2008, 05:42 PM
Why? If they win the championship ,they'll be going through the defending champs. They would've survived the toughest western conference in recent memory and be facing a very formidable opponent in the finals. I would say the Spurs championship run last year was far easier.

Dopey310
05-28-2008, 05:43 PM
We're comin to get ya!
Your team is irrelevant until proven otherwise.:toast

Ghazi
05-28-2008, 05:51 PM
This distinction will for all time belong to the 2006 Miami Heat (52-30), who don't even deserve their title.

DazedAndConfused
05-28-2008, 05:51 PM
I agree, this is not a very strong team compared to past NBA Champions. Somehow they are getting it done though.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-28-2008, 05:53 PM
Regardless whoever wins the title, this season wasn't as great as it was hyped up for.

Dopey310
05-28-2008, 05:55 PM
Any team with Kobe and Phil will never get that distinction. What's going to happen is the perception of guys like Gasol ,Odom, Vujacic, Turiaf etc. will be drastically better.

Findog
05-28-2008, 05:55 PM
These Lakers are better than the Heat. In a weird way, I think we're seeing parity in the NBA, at least at the top. Lots of very, very good teams, but no one team looks completely and historically dominant.

No question though that the Lakers have looked the best of all teams so far in the postseason. They'll probably go on to win the title.

jman3000
05-28-2008, 06:06 PM
I think the Spurs have had to play 3 WCF level opponents in the first three rounds.... i think if the spurs go on to win it... it will be a far more impressive road to victory than the lakers'.

jman3000
05-28-2008, 06:07 PM
in my eyes utah isnt a WCF level opponent... even though they were there last year... going through houston and the 8th seeded warriors didnt really count as a challenge.

Vinnie_Johnson
05-28-2008, 06:10 PM
The Heat were the worst Champs ever.:toast

Dopey310
05-28-2008, 06:12 PM
Then the Spurs championship run last year was a joke. You beat these same Nuggets that most Spurs fans thought were nothing impressive. You beat a Phoenix Suns team that plays no defense. You beat these same Jazz with even less experience and you beat an absolutely pitiful Cavs team. :lol

j-6
05-28-2008, 06:29 PM
will they be the worst NBA champion of the last 20 years? This is not that good of a team. Kobe is great, no question. But Pau Gasol at center? Lamar Odom at power forward? Derek Fisher at starting point guard? Sasha effing Vujacic? Give me a fucking break! My Blazers of the early 90's would crush these guys! I can't wait until next year when my boys expose them for the frauds that they are!

If you lay it out this way, what about MJ's first Finals team in '91? Pippen was an All-Star for the first time that season and the other starters were Bill Cartwright, Horace Grant, and John Paxson.

BlackSwordsMan
05-28-2008, 06:46 PM
I hope pistons win it all

21_Blessings
05-28-2008, 06:46 PM
THe Lakers were the best team in the toughest Western Conference in history.

They are schooling the Spurs whom of which won the title last year. So by default, this thread is stupid considering they are much better than the 2007 Spurs.

rAm
05-28-2008, 06:48 PM
LOL @ thinking the Lakers survived the toughest western conference in history.

You can thank the spurs for that.

rAm
05-28-2008, 06:49 PM
THe Lakers were the best team in the toughest Western Conference in history.

They are schooling the Spurs whom of which won the title last year. So by default, this thread is stupid considering they are much better than the 2007 Spurs.

hahahahaha:lol

rAm
05-28-2008, 08:50 PM
What the Spurs played was a pathetic Suns team and a young Hornets team with no bench. Now they have met their match.

That is a retarded statement. Both teams matched up extremley well against the spurs, and the hornets were downright scary.

Did you really have any inkling of doubt that your team would reach the WCF against the Drunk Nuggets, and the Utah Jazz with a sleeping boozer? GMAFB

YellowFever
05-28-2008, 09:31 PM
That is a retarded statement. Both teams matched up extremley well against the spurs, and the hornets were downright scary.

Did you really have any inkling of doubt that your team would reach the WCF against the Drunk Nuggets, and the Utah Jazz with a sleeping boozer? GMAFB

Hate to break if to you this way but...ummm...number 1 seeds usually have an easier road.....THAT'S WHY THEY FIGHT SO DAMN HARD FOR IT.

ipeefreely
05-28-2008, 09:44 PM

U mean when this team went up on the champs 3-1....

Or
Next year when you deal with this line up...

(lol)

Fisher
Kobe
Odom
Gasol
Bynum

Oh and off the bench...

Turiaf, Sasha, Farmar, Walton, etc etc etc

That team is going to win multiple rings, just you wait and cry....:lobt2:

cornbread
05-28-2008, 09:45 PM
Coming off the most exciting season in NBA history... I highly doubt it. You dont recognize greatness when you see it. Its true that we only have 1 star, but we have the best coaches, and the best role players. Not to mention the most annoying bunch of bandwagon fans in the world. The Blazers will be a lottery team again.

ipeefreely
05-28-2008, 09:46 PM
Why? If they win the championship ,they'll be going through the defending champs. They would've survived the toughest western conference in recent memory and be facing a very formidable opponent in the finals. I would say the Spurs championship run last year was far easier.

Kenny Smith said, he cannot recall a time or a place in NBA history where the WEST was so brutal as it is this year, there were no easy nights, no easy games...

What a stupid thread.....:sleep

Roxsfan
05-28-2008, 09:49 PM
if you win, you win. any discussion as to how easy the path....too fucking bad for all the other teams. What's their excuse?

to any team that wins, they earned it.........any year, any time.

Harry Callahan
05-28-2008, 09:52 PM
When the Lakers had their threepeat, their competition was the Spurs (who one year did not have Duncan - it was Pre-Manu and Parker was a rookie in 2002) and the Kings. They beat the 76s, Pacers, and Nets. The Lakers were a wonderful team from 2000 to 2002, but that competition was probably not as good as it is now. Shaq and Kobe trumped everything intil 2003.

ipeefreely
05-28-2008, 09:52 PM
if you win, you win. any discussion as to how easy the path....too fucking bad for all the other teams. What's their excuse?

to any team that wins, they earned it.........any year, any time.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats about the best response I have seen on this board ever....

I mean y"all have to let this go and realize that this team doesnt have seasons left at the top....they are down to games, maybe 20-30 more , they are old, worn down and frankly boring to watch, they dont dominate any team anymore, the WHORENUTS took ya to 7 games for god sakes.....

In 1-2 years, they will be 12-14th in West conf and waiting for ping pong balls......just accept it....:downspin:

tlongII
05-28-2008, 10:15 PM
U mean when this team went up on the champs 3-1....

Or
Next year when you deal with this line up...

(lol)

Fisher
Kobe
Odom
Gasol
Bynum

Oh and off the bench...

Turiaf, Sasha, Farmar, Walton, etc etc etc

That team is going to win multiple rings, just you wait and cry....:lobt2:

Obviously I'm talking about this year's team. Next year's team hasn't won anything...not even a game. Duh.

They will not win multiple rings either. That accomplish is reserved for the Blazers.

Killakobe81
05-28-2008, 10:22 PM
The Heat are BY FAR the weakest NBA champion ... followed by the first Rocket/HAkeem team ...the 2nd year though record was worse they were far more dangerous with Clyde ... and i think was 2nd best of that era to Jordan's Bulls (before Rockets fans start bitching)

1Parker1
05-28-2008, 10:22 PM
2006 Miami Heat forum.

Killakobe81
05-28-2008, 10:28 PM
Remember both the Lakers and Blazers future hinges on the health of two young Big Man's knees ...If you take away those 2 Lakers are much stronger witnout ours than you guys are without yours since you have been fishing since early May ...we battling the defending champs and in it's almost June.
Dont get happy because of your regular seasson success vs the Lakers ...in the playoffs we OWN yall I know I was at game 7 in 2000 ...and I witnessed the greatest WCF letdown ever by your Blazers ...the Lakers comeback vs. the Spurs this year had NOTHING on that one ... :toast

der Kaiser
05-28-2008, 10:49 PM
Obviously I'm talking about this year's team. Next year's team hasn't won anything...not even a game. Duh.

They will not win multiple rings either. That accomplish is reserved for the Blazers.

:lmao

Bob Lanier
05-28-2008, 10:50 PM
This distinction will for all time belong to the 2006 Miami Heat (52-30), who don't even deserve their title.
:tu