PDA

View Full Version : Tom Orsborn: Knee is no excuse, Horry says

Spurs Brazil
05-28-2008, 05:56 PM
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/archives/2008/05/tom_orsborn_kne.html

Tom Orsborn: Knee is no excuse, Horry says
A Spurs media staffer prevented me from having a decent conversation with Robert Horry at Landmark Aviation this afternoon, but the 16-year veteran had enough time to tell me a troublesome knee isn't the reason he's struggled so much in this series.

"I'm fine," Horry said. "I can't blame anything on the knee."

On Monday, Horry's left knee was drained of excess fluid. The procedure was a career first for the 16-year veteran from Alabama.

Horry scored two points on a pair of free throws in Game 4 but has yet to notch a field goal in the series.

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich laughed when a reporter suggested Horry's knee problem may be preventing Horry from getting any "lift" when he shoots.

"With all due respect to my good buddy Robert, he hasn't had lift for a few years," Popovich said. "I'm not sure the knee draining did that. Robert, I love you."

Horry's future with the team is uncertain. He turns 38 in August and becomes a free agent in July. According to ESPN.com, Horry says he still has fun and hopes to play two more years.

Bruno
05-29-2008, 04:42 AM
Horry's future with the team is uncertain. He turns 38 in August and becomes a free agent in July. According to ESPN.com, Horry says he still has fun and hopes to play two more years.

Be ready to have a 39 years old Horry with a Spurs jersey in 2010 with as teammates a 38 years old Thomas and a 35 years old Oberto.

Thompson
05-29-2008, 06:13 AM
I love Horry for all the things he's done for us over the years, but he better not be on the team next year. He hardly played this year (and wasn't all that useful when he did).