PDA

View Full Version : Underrated

Los Spurs
05-28-2008, 06:48 PM
Why are the San Antonio Spurs so underrated?

I mean this is a team that has won 4 NBA titles and I see none of our players in any actual marketing / promotions on television. Instead I see the overrated players like Garnett, Lebron, and even Kobe. :bang

m33p0
05-28-2008, 06:50 PM
market-size.

Los Spurs
05-28-2008, 06:56 PM
market-size.

That just sux!

I would love to see Timmy, Manu or even Parker replace any of the above fools mentioned above in a bad ass commercial. I guess, I'm just tired of the Mango Tree.

TD=old&busted
05-28-2008, 06:59 PM
That just sux!

I would love to see Timmy, Manu or even Parker replace any of the above fools mentioned above in a bad ass commercial. I guess, I'm just tired of the Mango Tree.

yeah like Manu for Rogaine... :downspin:

Juanobili
05-28-2008, 06:59 PM
I kinda like it. All the local marketing/promotion makes me feel at home. :)

I mean... at the end of the day, the thing that matters is them winning.

crazylakerfan001
05-28-2008, 07:02 PM
they do international stuff. parker in france and manu in argentina. this is america we want people that know how to speak english

Juanobili
05-28-2008, 07:03 PM
they do international stuff. parker in france and manu in argentina. this is america we want people that know how to speak english

IGNORANCE IS AWESOME BRO

Mr.Bottomtooth

They do.

Emanuel20

Don't they speak english? hmzz
:wow

the_franchise
05-28-2008, 07:04 PM
are you guys serious? the more posts i read, the more ignorant you fools become. the spurs have no personality, they are one of the most boring teams in the league. tim duncan is good but he's boring. those other guys are way more marketable and have way more personalty. shaq is on the downside of his career but yet you see him all over tv doing different commercials, thats because he has a fun personality, and don't fool yourself those other guys are not overrated they are very good players. how dare you call kobe overrated. kobe=greatest player in the game today

Emanuel20
05-28-2008, 07:06 PM
are you guys serious? the more posts i read, the more ignorant you fools become. the spurs have no personality, they are one of the most boring teams in the league. tim duncan is good but he's boring. those other guys are way more marketable and have way more personalty. shaq is on the downside of his career but yet you see him all over tv doing different commercials, thats because he has a fun personality, and don't fool yourself those others are not overrated they are very good players.

I stopped reading when you said tim is good. NOpe, Tim is GREAT!
:bang

duncan228
05-28-2008, 07:07 PM
the more posts i read, the more ignorant you fools become.

So why are you here among us ignorant fools?

TD=old&busted
05-28-2008, 07:07 PM
I stopped reading when you said tim is good. NOpe, Tim was GREAT!
:bang

fixed :downspin:

Juanobili
05-28-2008, 07:08 PM
are you guys serious? the more posts i read, the more ignorant you fools become. the spurs have no personality, they are one of the most boring teams in the league. tim duncan is good but he's boring. those other guys are way more marketable and have way more personalty. shaq is on the downside of his career but yet you see him all over tv doing different commercials, thats because he has a fun personality, and don't fool yourself those others are not overrated they are very good players.

Yeah man, it sucks. I bet Tim, Tony and Manu hate missing out on that. Yeah, the championship is cool and all, but coming out in Icy Hot commercials is where's its at :(

crazylakerfan001
05-28-2008, 07:09 PM
manu cant talk say shit properly in english. i aint hatin, when was the last time u see a international player do a gaterade or shoe company commmercial. not even dirk gets a chance. international players market in their home country like pau in spain, parker in france, yao in china.

Los Spurs
05-28-2008, 07:09 PM
are you guys serious? the more posts i read, the more ignorant you fools become. the spurs have no personality, they are one of the most boring teams in the league. tim duncan is good but he's boring. those other guys are way more marketable and have way more personalty. shaq is on the downside of his career but yet you see him all over tv doing different commercials, thats because he has a fun personality, and don't fool yourself those other guys are not overrated they are very good players. how dare you call kobe overrated. kobe=greatest player in the game today

Lebron is so good that he was swept by the Spurs in last years Finals and has gone fishing this year...
Garnett is so good that he had to move to another team to make it to the Finals...
And Kobe??? Well, NO COMMENT about that so called Rapist!

Emanuel20
05-28-2008, 07:12 PM
manu cant talk say shit properly in english.

You certainly should think before you write or count to 10, so your thoughts first pass through your brain.

the_franchise
05-28-2008, 07:16 PM
i'm here to set you idiots straight. duncan is a great player, my mistake, but don't downplay the other guys talking about they are overrated. you put duncan in minnesota all of those years and i guarantee you he has zero rings too. as far as you sweeping lebron, keep in mind he is still very young and will have plenty of more opportunities, he took a team of scrubs to the finals, he carries the team. and had it not been for that cheap shot on nash last year, you wouldn't have made it to the finals anyway so shut that up. and the only thing you can say about kobe is that he's a rapist, because you can't say anyting about him on the court because you know he's the best, and last i checked you have to be convicted of the crime of rape to be considered a rapist. so go somewhere that bull.

Los Spurs
05-28-2008, 07:19 PM
i'm here to set you idiots straight. duncan is a great player, my mistake, but don't downplay the other guys talking about they are overrated. you put duncan in minnesota all of those years and i guarantee you he has zero rings too. as far as you sweeping lebron, keep in mind he is still very young and will have plenty of more opportunities, he took a team of scrubs to the finals, he carries the team. and had it not been for that cheap shot on nash last year, you wouldn't have made it to the finals anyway so shut that up. and the only thing you can say about kobe is that he's a rapist, because you can't say anyting about him on the court because you know he's the best, and last i checked you have to be convicted of the crime of rape to be considered a rapist. so go somewhere that bull.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :flag:

the_franchise
05-28-2008, 07:21 PM
Yeah man, it sucks. I bet Tim, Tony and Manu hate missing out on that. Yeah, the championship is cool and all, but coming out in Icy Hot commercials is where's its at :(

don't forget dumb ass, that shaq has 4 rings too. he has the rings and the endorsements, he probably has more money than all three of those cats put together. duncan is boring, parker is boring, and manu is ugly as hell, so who would want these fool advertising their product. on second thought manu would be a good rep for rogaine.

Emanuel20
05-28-2008, 07:22 PM
i'm here to set you idiots straight. duncan is a great and tony and manu are underrated! GO spurs GO.

Agreed!
:flag:

Juanobili
05-28-2008, 07:25 PM
don't forget dumb ass, that shaq has 4 rings too. he has the rings and the endorsements, he probably has more money than all three of those cats put together. duncan is boring, parker is boring, and manu is ugly as hell, so who would want these fool advertising their product. on second thought manu would be a good rep for rogaine.

Rogaine... yeah I heard the guy before you. Get a new joke.

I'm just saying, endorsements? marketing? I really don't care if my Spurs aren't all over the place. I'd rather have my Spurs championship caps and shirts than some $150 signature Manu sneakers (though that would be cool lol).

Los Spurs
05-28-2008, 07:26 PM

:hitit: :makeout

And WTF is Avery doing on ESPN???? :rollin

Juanobili
05-28-2008, 07:28 PM
:hitit: :makeout

And WTF is Avery doing on ESPN???? :rollin

I don't know how it would work out but... I was wondering what it'd be like if he came back to SA as an assistant coach or something. That'd be interesting.

Los Spurs
05-28-2008, 07:31 PM
I don't know how it would work out but... I was wondering what it'd be like if he came back to SA as an assistant coach or something. That'd be interesting.

I think we should give the little man the benefit of the doubt...

Russ
05-28-2008, 07:34 PM
So what Kobe went out and took a little piece of ass. Every real man has forcefully taken some ass.:lol

I know you were trying to be funny.

Juanobili
05-28-2008, 07:36 PM
I think we should give the little man the benefit of the doubt...

He's definitely a great coach, but I wouldn't consider it baaad if he just went one rank down

Los Spurs
05-28-2008, 08:08 PM
He's definitely a great coach, but I wouldn't consider it baaad if he just went one rank down

I don't think the Spurs Org would hire him though

aka_USAPA
05-28-2008, 08:12 PM

I mean this is a team that has won 4 NBA titles and I see none of our players in any actual marketing / promotions on television. Instead I see the overrated players like Garnett, Lebron, and even Kobe. :bang

The personality of the players have a lot to do with it. They used to say Lebron won't be a mogul in Cleveland but he has become huge.

Los Spurs
05-28-2008, 09:23 PM
The personality of the players have a lot to do with it. They used to say Lebron won't be a mogul in Cleveland but he has become huge.

But, I'm sure the so called :king rather have one of these :lobt2: then any publicity in the world...
I just wish the NBA would recognize all good players not just some :rolleyes

Harry Callahan
05-28-2008, 09:32 PM
San Antonio as a city has something to do with it too being so low key. Uninformed people think San Antonio has tumbleweeds blowing through it.

Spurs players can buy a palace in the Dominion for a fraction of the cost of a similar house in LA or NY. More money left over as well as no state income tax. There are good things available down here.

Allanon
05-28-2008, 09:53 PM
Manu, Tim and Parker are not underrated. The rest of this aged experienced team is overrated, they should have picked up some young legs.

ballhog
05-28-2008, 10:22 PM

Can Kobe endorse something like let's say, a jewelry store?

Emanuel20
05-28-2008, 10:25 PM
Can Kobe endorse something like let's say, a jewelry store?

Something like: Even though you have cheated and committed a crime, you can always make it up to your wife; you just need to buy a big sparkly rock!

cherylsteele
05-28-2008, 11:01 PM
manu cant talk say shit properly in english.
You are bashing Manu's english after a sentence as grammatically wrong as this?
Actually your post was gibberish, and not english.

Los Spurs
05-29-2008, 11:16 AM
You are bashing Manu's english after a sentence as grammatically wrong as this?
Actually your post was gibberish, and not english.

Gasol's english isn't all that either :rolleyes

Extra Stout
05-29-2008, 11:24 AM

Thanks for asking that question. Nobody has ever asked that in the five years I've posted here. And it's such a good point. I mean, the point of winning all those championships is supposed to be to get endorsements and media exposure so that people in San Antonio feel better about their inferiority complex. Yet it's not happening! I think most Spurs fans would trade all four titles for just one Gatorade commercial where they show Tim Duncan sweating orange while playing 'O Fortuna' in the background.

Los Spurs
05-29-2008, 11:25 AM
Thanks for asking that question. Nobody has ever asked that in the five years I've posted here. And it's such a good point. I mean, the point of winning all those championships is supposed to be to get endorsements and media exposure so that people in San Antonio feel better about their inferiority complex. Yet it's not happening! I think most Spurs fans would trade all four titles for just one Gatorade commercial where they show Tim Duncan sweating orange while playing 'O Fortuna' in the background.

:toast

Mj23foreva
05-29-2008, 11:32 AM
yeah like Manu for Rogaine... :downspin:

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

Los Spurs
05-29-2008, 11:48 AM
:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

:loser

Saguaro
05-29-2008, 12:19 PM
Possible Spurs endorsements:

1) Metamucil
2) Geritol
3) Medicare supplemental insurance
4) Scooters
5) No-line bifocals
6) The Clapper
7) Big Band CD's
8) Depends
9) Jitterbug cell phones
10) Flomax

Fake Dynasty
05-29-2008, 12:26 PM
The Spurs are in the perfect place because they have to have the most boring roster in the history of boring rosters. Tim Duncan wants no part of the camera. Bruce Bowen is a straight cornball, Tony Parker's most marketable asset is his Hollywood wife, Manu looks too much like the fuckin sesame street Count, and it's just a dull, boring team. Perfect for the market that they're in. And why are you even mentioning Garnett, LeBron, and Kobe? The Spurs can't even corner the Texas market, man. Matter of fact, I think the fuckin minor league hockey team may have more popular players. Be serious.

PwrGetter
05-29-2008, 12:28 PM
I wouldnt call you guys underrated. You were favored to win at home by a considerable amount.

som3on3_10
05-29-2008, 12:28 PM
Lebron is so good that he was swept by the Spurs in last years Finals and has gone fishing this year...
Garnett is so good that he had to move to another team to make it to the Finals...
And Kobe??? Well, NO COMMENT about that so called Rapist that's about to rape our entire team and send us fishing tonight at Staples!

Fixed. Ahhhh keep hatin, it just makes our ass whooping of your sorry ass team that can't repeat that much better. :lmao :lmao :lmao

spurs4life0007
05-29-2008, 01:08 PM
Kobe Overrated? Do U Live On The Same Planet?

dmac
05-29-2008, 02:00 PM
they do international stuff. parker in france and manu in argentina. this is america we want people that know how to speak spanish

FIFY

dmac
05-29-2008, 02:12 PM
Possible Spurs endorsements:

1) Metamucil
2) Geritol
3) Medicare supplemental insurance
4) Scooters
5) No-line bifocals
6) The Clapper
7) Big Band CD's
8) Depends